Author Topic: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)  (Read 125263 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The Ask kingshmegland Thread (page 29)
« Reply #1015 on: September 05, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
First knowing and then marrying my wife.  I am truly blessed to have a strong woman who lets me be me.  I have a running joke that she knows my mistrsses.  That's Music and Sports. :lol

As a teen I played basketball for high school and we were helping out with the Special Olympics and this one boy and I connected and shot some hoops and his mother and father came over crying and hugged me thanking me because their son, who is autistic(sp?), never talked or played with anybody but for some reason he connected with me.  The joy I got from seeing the happyness on his and his parrents face is the best feeling a person could ever have.

Newest is the birth of my nephew.  On my family, my wife and I could not have children and my brother married late in life.  So to see my brother and his wife have a boy, it brought so much joy for our family since my mom passed away the year before.  We always say she had something to do with it.  I can't wait to show him how to throw a knuckleball.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1016 on: September 05, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »
Not trying to turn this into a P/R discussion, but who are you going to vote for in November?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1017 on: September 05, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
First knowing and then marrying my wife.  I am truly blessed to have a strong woman who lets me be me.  I have a running joke that she knows my mistrsses.  That's Music and Sports. :lol

As a teen I played basketball for high school and we were helping out with the Special Olympics and this one boy and I connected and shot some hoops and his mother and father came over crying and hugged me thanking me because their son, who is autistic(sp?), never talked or played with anybody but for some reason he connected with me.  The joy I got from seeing the happyness on his and his parrents face is the best feeling a person could ever have.

Newest is the birth of my nephew.  On my family, my wife and I could not have children and my brother married late in life.  So to see my brother and his wife have a boy, it brought so much joy for our family since my mom passed away the year before.  We always say she had something to do with it.  I can't wait to show him how to throw a knuckleball.

This is all so beautiful  :smiley:. I'm pretty sure the autistic boy confused you with a giant teddy bear  :D
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1018 on: September 05, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
I am very private when it comes to politics.  It starts a shitstorm everytime someone talks politics around here so I don't let it out.

Here's who I've voted for since I was of age.

Bush Sr.
Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton
Bush Jr.
Obama.

So as you can see, I've never towed one party line.

I will say that I am tired of the 2 party system here.  It seems to me that it's become a slanderfest for whoever is in power and that goes for both Dems and Reps.  This country right now needs bipartisanship but I'm not sure that will ever happen without reform.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1019 on: September 05, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »

This is all so beautiful  :smiley:. I'm pretty sure the autistic boy confused you with a giant teddy bear  :D

With my weight my wife has called me a teddy bear. :lol  Huggable!!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1020 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
I am very private when it comes to politics.  It starts a shitstorm everytime someone talks politics around here so I don't let it out.

Here's who I've voted for since I was of age.

Bush Sr.
Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton
Bush Jr.
Obama.

So as you can see, I've never towed one party line.

I will say that I am tired of the 2 party system here.  It seems to me that it's become a slanderfest for whoever is in power and that goes for both Dems and Reps.  This country right now needs bipartisanship but I'm not sure that will ever happen without reform.

No problem, King, I understand. Thanks anyway. :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1021 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
King, what are your 10 favorite Rush songs?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:12:40 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1022 on: September 05, 2012, 06:11:57 PM »

As a father of a special needs son, you have no idea how special these moments are. What you did will be a lifetime memory for the boy and his parents. Trust me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1023 on: September 05, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »

As a father of a special needs son, you have no idea how special these moments are. What you did will be a lifetime memory for the boy and his parents. Trust me.

Thank you so much.  It is a moment in my life I will never forget.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1024 on: September 05, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
King, what are your 10 favorite Rush songs?

Ohhh.  Tough one!  Not in order but this are my top 10.

Marathon
Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
Red Barchetta
Between the Wheels
Mission
Presto
Vapor Trail
Xanadu
Natural Science
Limelight

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: September 05, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
Vapor Trail

:clap: That album is so underrated and that song is simply fantastic.

Regarding the political topic, I think you should vote Obama so maintain the 1 Rep 2 Dem rule. After that maybe you can get to vote another Bush  :P

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1026 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
How excited are you for Friday?  :metal
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: September 06, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »
How excited are you for Friday?  :metal

I'm like a teenager.  Not knowing the set list is awesome!!  BTW  Also awesome...............Meeting you!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1028 on: September 06, 2012, 04:56:22 AM »

Marathon
Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
Red Barchetta
Between the Wheels
Mission
Presto
Vapor Trail
Xanadu
Natural Science
Limelight

Nice! You have 2 from my Top 3 in there :tup (The Camera Eye is the missing one)
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Ask Nekov Thread (page 30)
« Reply #1029 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15:35 AM »
Nekov is up this week.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1030 on: September 10, 2012, 06:21:05 AM »
Alright. Time to get a few generic questions out of the way.

How did you find DTF and what made you stick around?
Where did your nickname originate from?
Who has, in your opinion, the coolest sig/nickname/avatar on the forum?

Also: which DTFer(s) have you met, and who would really like to meet?

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1031 on: September 10, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »
How is life in South America?
Any places you would recommend to visit?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: September 10, 2012, 07:15:31 AM »
How did you find DTF and what made you stick around?

Around the time MP left DT I started browsing the internet for info and I found DTF. I started reading stuff and participating and I realized the people here are way too awesome so I decided I should stay and so far it has worked out pretty well  :)

Where did your nickname originate from?

I had this pretty stupid classmate during high school that liked to deform people´s last names. My last name is Espejo, it went from there to Esnejo, Nejo and finally Neko (which is japanese for cat but not really realted in this case). Also around that time I used to drink tons of vodka and there is one vodka around here named Nikov so I just added the v at the end both to avoid people thinking I liked to be nicknamed cat and to show my love for vodka.

Who has, in your opinion, the coolest sig/nickname/avatar on the forum?

Mmm, tough one. For avatar it's wimkl, snoopi shooting planes is just way too awesome though Sig's avatar with Drew agreeing is really cool too.
I don't really pay attention to signatures so not sure but I like Bosk's.
As far as nickname, BlobVanDam is kinda cool

Also: which DTFer(s) have you met, and who would really like to meet?

As far as who I'd like to meet there are way too many people but a top 5 would include Lonestar, Obscure, Jingle.boy, Hef, Zydar

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
How is life in South America?

Well, having visited the first world 3 times in the last two years I can say there is a huge difference in how everything works. I don't live bad but I have been lucky enough to come from a family that has never had financial issues and I have a decent job in a big American company.

Any places you would recommend to visit?

I haven't traveled that much through SA. If you want beaches then Brazil is your place, they have many of them and they are all amazing.
If you are looking for mountains, hiking and snow the the Argentinian south is pretty amazing. Specially El Bolson, Bariloche and El Calafate.
Then there are other places that I've heard are great in Peru and Bolivia but I haven't been there.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1034 on: September 10, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
You win the powerball tomorrow. How do you spend it? (Powerball is a massive American lottery that generally pays out in the mid tens of millions of US dollars in case it's not known in your part of the world.)

Favorite childhood video game?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1035 on: September 10, 2012, 08:06:25 AM »
Your favourite band of all time are giving their farewell concert, which will last at max 3 hours. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to determine the setlist of this glorious event, as well as the venue and a title for the DVD/CD that will be recorded of this concert.

Go!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: September 10, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
You win the powerball tomorrow. How do you spend it? (Powerball is a massive American lottery that generally pays out in the mid tens of millions of US dollars in case it's not known in your part of the world.)

I'd buy a big terrain where I can build a self sustainable home, I'd buy a car, put some money in safe investments and then travel around the world.

Favorite childhood video game?

Monkey Island 2

Your favourite band of all time are giving their farewell concert, which will last at max 3 hours. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to determine the setlist of this glorious event, as well as the venue and a title for the DVD/CD that will be recorded of this concert.

Go!

Another DT live in Argentina! But with MP this time. Not sure about the venue but any open space with no seats would be great for me.

As for the setlist:

Pull me under
In the name of God
Voices
Only a Matter of time
Surrounded
Lifting Shadows of a Dream
The Best of Times
Hell's Kitchen
Solitary Shell
About to Crash (Reprise)
Losing Time/Grand Finale

- Intermission -

Regression
Overture 1928
Strange Deja vu
Through My Words
Fatal tragedy
Beyond this life
Through her eyes
Home
The Dance of Eternity
One Last time
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free

-Encore-

Learning to Live
Blind Faith

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1037 on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
That setlist is pretty rad. Now do it with a different band .  :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: September 10, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
That setlist is pretty rad. Now do it with a different band .  :biggrin:

I'd do it with Rush but it wouldn't differ much from their time machine tour.  :P

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1039 on: September 10, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
Alright, fair enough :lol
Squ

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1040 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
What was most cool thing on last DT show you attended (can't wait for DVD) :D?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1041 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
Mmmm, I really enjoyed the string quartet in the acoustic section. But I must say the best was PMU at the end of the second show, I think it was the only song where all the crowd really engaged as a whole into the singing and all.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1042 on: September 10, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »
If you had it to do all over again (life, that is), would you change anything?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: September 10, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »
Tough question. There are a couple of things in my life that I regret but the thing about looking back and thinking what would have been different is that you can never know. I am quite happy with how my life is right so I don't think that I would change anything that has happened. I think I have been able to learn from my past mistakes and in one way or another I have become a better person  :)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
I'm still open for questioning if anyone else is interested.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1045 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
What do you work as?
Do you believe in god?
Who's your favourite soccer player and why?
Also, to re-delegate a question that a friend asked me today: quicksilver (the material, not the clothes brand) or ear rape?

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1046 on: September 11, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
I'm still open for questioning if anyone else is interested.
[/quote
How are you?]
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
What do you work as?

I work as a PMO(Project Management Office) analyst for an IT consulting company. Basically they pay me to do a manager's job for a lot less money. This includes financial management, resource management, issues and risk management, planning and some other boring stuff

Do you believe in god?

I'm not sure there is a God but I do believe there is something out there.

Who's your favourite soccer player and why?

Messi. He is by far the best in the world and he is from Argentina!

Also, to re-delegate a question that a friend asked me today: quicksilver (the material, not the clothes brand) or ear rape?

Quicksilver I guess...

How are you?

i'm the Devil in disguise

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
What interests you more,  great lyrics or great music and why?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: September 11, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
What interests you more,  great lyrics or great music and why?

I'll go with great music. The thing about lyrics is that you have to know the language to understand them while music is a universal language in itself.