News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!

Started by wolfking, April 19, 2018, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on April 22, 2018, 03:57:37 AM
Quote from: Big Hath on April 21, 2018, 10:46:51 PM
...bad news...

Fuck Jon, that's awful news.  Thoughts and prayers to her and you and your family. 

Jon, what Kade said. Thinking of you, man.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

The Walrus

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Crow

The Walrus

bl5150

Crow

wolfking

Stuck here at work and really keen to have a listen through to what you guys have sent.  Getting the itch for some new music which has been not the case for quite a long time now.

Crow

i hope my entry drowns you in awesomeness  :metal
USER WAS GIVEN A 5/10 FOR THIS POST

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

jingle.boy

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on April 22, 2018, 07:19:00 PM
Hangmemes when?

I'll bet next month's paycheque that wolfking isn't down (or up, depending on your perspective) with this aspect of roulette hosting.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

wolfking

If anyone bet with Chad, he won.  I definitely don't have the time, patience and ability to be online to do a hangman type of thing......BUT.........I'm in the middle of completing a 'guess the album cover' collage and will do one each round.  That way it will give you guys something to do when I'm not online.  That will be up tomorrow.

Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular.  There is so much amazing stuff here and this round already trumps a lot of the stuff I was sent in my first roulette on first listen I think.  Scoring and/or ranking is going to be a challenge.  And there is so much stuff here I want a lot of listens.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on April 23, 2018, 05:06:09 AM
Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular. 

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

The Walrus

jingle.boy

Puppies_On_Acid

If anyone bet with Chad, he won.  I definitely don't have the time, patience and ability to be online to do a hangman type of thing......BUT.........I'm in the middle of completing a 'guess the album cover' collage and will do one each round.  That way it will give you guys something to do when I'm not online.  That will be up tomorrow.

I'm down with this too. I like album collages as well.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on April 23, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

I'm down with this too. I like album collages as well.

Was thinking the same thing!  I might get some of them this time around!

Crow

People here have actually heard of the band I sent this time (Was actually on one of the album collages I did and was guessed quickly) so that should be fine  :corn

Evermind

My album has a spectacular artwork (not kidding, it's really beautiful), will also probably be guessed quickly.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

The Walrus

I'm terrible at the artwork guessing games but they're fun to look at. I don't know how well known mine is, and it's not really something that's ordinary for me to own, but I think it looks cool.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on April 23, 2018, 10:47:16 AM
My album has a spectacular artwork (not kidding, it's really beautiful), will also probably be guessed quickly.

Yes, it will.   :rollin

TAC

Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular.  There is so much amazing stuff here and this round already trumps a lot of the stuff I was sent in my first roulette on first listen I think.  Scoring and/or ranking is going to be a challenge.  And there is so much stuff here I want a lot of listens.

:metal :metal :metal
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Hope I rank high so it's all downhill from year. The year themes are going to be murder on me  :lol

Crow

Everything I sent was from 2015-2018 and I still have backups too so, I don't have any complaints about the themes :corn

jingle.boy

2015 is my toughest year, because all of my/the best stuff is things he already has.  I got a couple of excellent albums still to draw from, but all the stellar stuff is a no-go.

jingle.boy

I just went back and read thru the first 11 pages of your first roulette... great stuff there.  Always a good giggle to revisit good times.

And I've changed my position on 2015... I'm now having trouble deciding what to play.

Bolsters

2018 is the year I have the least options in for obvious reasons.
Bolsters™

Luoto

For 2018 I'd think about situations where a song is so new that a file isn't easily obtainable. I know Kade has albums that are already released in mind but in obscure cases it's still possible.

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on April 23, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

I may have jumped the gun with this statement.  I think my excitement for a bunch of new music might have taken over but as I listen, there's still a lot of good stuff.

Quote from: Luoto on April 24, 2018, 04:14:40 AM
For 2018 I'd think about situations where a song is so new that a file isn't easily obtainable. I know Kade has albums that are already released in mind but in obscure cases it's still possible.

I guess I didn't really think about things like this.  I kind of misjudged that we are still early in the year.  Perhaps I'll allow very late 2017 releases also maybe if people are struggling.  Saying that, we've got a few weeks until we get to that round anyhow.

wolfking

Just do me a favour and don't reveal you own.  These are the album covers that the songs I was sent come from.  Don't know if I've made this too hard or easy or whatever.

A1:
A2:
A3:
A4:
A5:

B1:
B2:
B3:
B4: Syu - You Play Hard (bl5150 (but Brent wouldn't have had a clue without Tim tipping him off.  In actual fact all the credit should just go to Tim, Brent just snaked him actually, and Tim should be upset with Brent for doing this.  Perhaps I should just call this whole thing off and give the crown to Tim now, he's obviously going to be head and shoulders above the competition cause narrowing down a small sample size of a picture to 2 out of 15 competitiors is the work even Kip Winger would be impressed with)) sent by lowdz
B5:

C1:
C2: Amendfoil - Empyrean & Ophidian (Luoto) sent by Parama
C3:
C4:
C5: Lost In Thought - Opus Arise (TAC) - sent by jingle.boy

1 2 3 4 5
A
B
C

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on April 24, 2018, 04:26:54 AM
Quote from: TAC on April 23, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

I may have jumped the gun with this statement.  I think my excitement for a bunch of new music might have taken over but as I listen, there's still a lot of good stuff.

I hope what you're saying, and quoting me while doing so, is merely a coincidence.  :lol

TAC