Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 77848 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (R8 Impressions!)
« Reply #2695 on: March 27, 2023, 02:24:05 PM »
Try texting with Tim.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2696 on: March 27, 2023, 02:29:18 PM »
The fucking around is in the banter.  I'm gonna really miss this thread being the de facto DTF chat thread once it's over.  :)

Too bad you weren't around or part of Indi's wrestling themed roulette.  That one was the standard by which all others strive to achieve.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2697 on: March 27, 2023, 02:31:05 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2698 on: March 27, 2023, 02:43:31 PM »
The fucking around is in the banter.  I'm gonna really miss this thread being the de facto DTF chat thread once it's over.  :)

Too bad you weren't around or part of Indi's wrestling themed roulette.  That one was the standard by which all others strive to achieve.

I've read a bit of it and it looked like a lot of fun.  I'll have to read the rest of it soon. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2699 on: March 27, 2023, 02:48:54 PM »
That roulette was fucking legendary.

And not just because I won it either  ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2700 on: March 27, 2023, 03:04:56 PM »
Try texting with Tim.  :lol

Hey, Happy National Ho Day!

Ho, ho, ho.

Yeah Chad & RJ.  That was a blast.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2701 on: March 27, 2023, 03:21:36 PM »
So...

Before I post scores and shit, I really wanted to thank everyone for participating. I threw this together kind of quickly when a window opened up. Every single one of you sent something very meaningful to me and really appreciate all of you.

As some of you know, the last two months of 2022 were fucking brutal for the TACS. In the span of 6 weeks, we lost our best friend, I had some very significantly awful health news (not cancer), and my father passed away ten days before Christmas. Couple that with having to move my mother after the holidays, I was about as spent as spent can get. I'd sit down at the computer and I could not figure out what to listen to. I just had a malaise come over me, especially when it came to listening to music, which is literally my favorite thing to do, outside of my family.

Thanks to all of you, I really feel energized musically. I am not only going to follow up on these roulette submissions, but I am going to go back and follow up on my past roulette submissions.
I've said it before, but I don't hold roulettes to discover music. I have enough music to last a couple of lifetimes. But I enjoy the banter and the friendships most of all. Once I finish a roulette, I very rarely go back and look at what was sent. The appreciation I feel for having so many songs chosen for me has motivated me to really dig in. Chad has posted post roulette listening threads, and maybe I'll do something similar. I plan on spending the next year going back through my previous roulettes.

At any rate...

The Staff at the TAC Roulette Headquarters would like to say... THANK YOU!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2702 on: March 27, 2023, 03:32:34 PM »
That's photoshoped. Here's the real team.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2703 on: March 27, 2023, 03:34:05 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2704 on: March 27, 2023, 03:34:51 PM »
That's uh, quite some codpiece...

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2705 on: March 27, 2023, 03:40:31 PM »
That's terrible to hear about all of your family tragedies.  To other people it probably sounds trite, but music can really help take your mind off of them, much better than most other coping vices, and I imagine this is a forum full of people who agree. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2706 on: March 27, 2023, 03:49:08 PM »
Puppies-In Mourning
1.   The Lighthouse Keeper
2.   Hierophant
3.   Solitude And Silence

For some reason, I expected this to be more melancholic. I’m glad it wasn’t.

The Lighthouse Keeper is a cool tune. I expected some mid tempo stuff, but musically, this is interesting enough. A tad long. I loved the mellow part a couple of minutes into the song, Would’ve loved to have seen that return later in the song. I like the upbeatedness of Hierophant. Cool track.
In S&S, there’s clean vocals? Oops..there were. I like this song and its ebbs and and flows.

The Lighthouse Keeper….8.0
Hierophant…8.2
Solitude And Silence….8.4
Ave…8.2

Stadler-Joe Bonamassa
1.   Royal Tea
2.   Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye
3.   A Conversation With Alice

A nice variation in songs. I miss Gary Moore.

I was really interested in this submission. I know Joe is a big Gary Moore fan. I saw him talking about him in an interview. I’m not a huge fan of the genre. Just not what I listen to, but I make the obvious exception for Gary Moore. Royal Tea is ok. Has a nice but too short of a solo section. WDITSLTSG is the money track here. This is fantastic. Definitely the kind of thing Gary would’ve done. Not sure Joe has the believability in his voice that Gary does, but this song is tremendous.  A Conversation With Alice has a great intro, but the steps back in intensity. An interesting song. Has a cool 70’s vibe to it.

Royal Tea….7.7
Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye…. 8.5
A Conversation With Alice….7.8
Ave…8.0

Kingshmegland-Flor De Loto
1.   Tempestad
2.   Espejo Del Alma
3.   Eclipse

I usually hyperventilate when I hear someone play the flute, but I was too busy headbanging.

Tempestad is really cool. Really energetic. The musical break is awesome. The flute is insane at 2:48, and really though the whole thing. Espejo really has a 70’s influence. This is where the Jethro Tull feel comes through the most. It’s not as much a s a rocker as the other two, but It’s still quite cool. Eclipse has a wicked Iron Maiden feel. That songs is amazing. I absolutely loved it. The solo section is pure Maiden, as it that ending. Wow!

Tempestad….8.5
Espejo Del Alma….8.0
Eclipse….8.8
Ave…8.4

Lonestar-Nemophilia
1.   Rollin’ Rollin’
2.   Raitei
3.   Life

The first two songs had that low tuning I talk about, but the third song was outstanding.

Wow the bass hits you right in the face on Rollin’ Rollin’. Not a fan of the tuning. It’s a cool upbeat song. The gang vocals in the chorus for some reason remind me of Dora The Explorer. The solos crank. Raitei feels pretty intense. There’s in your face about this band. The chorus is really nice. A nice change from the intensity of the rest of the song. Life, though, is the money track. It’s kind of like a breath of fresh air, especially compared to the first two songs. The solo section is luscious. Great vocal and delivery.

Rollin’ Rollin’….7.9
Raitei….8.2
Life….8.8
Ave…8.3

Romdrums-VOLA
1.   The Same War
2.   Straight Lines
3.   Stone Leader Falling Down

This is a little mechanical.

I can’t say I was a big fan of The Same War. Not much to grab onto for me, I guess. I was a bit concerned when Straight Lines started with that low tuning. It’s a better song building up to the chorus, which is pretty nice. I like the mellow part leading into the cool keyboard solo. Stone Leader isn’t a whole lot better than The Same War, except that it has a better chorus. Low tunings. Mid Tempo. Ugh.

The Same War… 7.3
Straight Lines….7.6
Stone Leader Falling Down…7.3
Ave…7.4

Dragon Attack-Spheric Universe Experiment
1.   Final Fate
2.   Defenders Of Light
3.   Legacy

If The Enigma Division sounded like this, I’d have liked them a lot more.

What I like right off the bat, especially compared to The Enigma Division, or even Chad’s MI God submission, is that there’s just more room in the production. Even if there’s some low tuning, it doesn’t stick out to me. Final Fate, the first song is quite is really nice. I like the chorus and the musical break is cool. Defenders is really heavy and is filled with DTisms. The solo that starts at 3:30 is excellent though compact. Legacy really reminds me of Michele Luppi Era Vision Divine. And that ain’t no bad thing. I need to give this whole album a good listen. This was a really enjoyable submission.

Final Fate….8.6
Defenders Of The Light….8.6
Legacy….8.6
Ave…8.6

Reaper-Ola Englund
1.   Stars & Ponies
2.   Balegmah
3.   The Sun & The Moon

Where the hell was this during the Instrumental Round?

I only have heard of Ola Englund from his Tea with John Petrucci interview. Apparently, he idolizes JP and he was a big influence on Ola. I can hear it in his lead playing. I though Stars & Ponies was a bit understated, especially compared to the Angel Vivaldi submission in this round. It was nice though. Balegmah has some cool grooves to it. The Sun & The Moon employs some low tuning for the rhythm. Other than that, it’s really quite pleasurable, especially in its mellow moments.

Stars & Ponies…8.0
Balehgmah…8.3
The Sun & The Moon…8.0
Ave…8.1

Buddyhunter-Kvelertak
1.   Nattesferd
2.   Blodtorst
3.   Bratebrann

Gee, this would be awesome if not for the vocals.

Buddy even said I’d probably hate the vocals. They are not a strength, that’s for sure. They’re particularly challenging in Nattesford, which feels almost Nirvana-ish. I do like the music though. Kind of punky. Blodtorst is quite similar. When the vocals are not present, it’s really energizing. The money track here is Bratebrann, easily. Musicwise, it reminds me of The Sweet a little. The vocals are a tad easier to deal with for some reason, perhaps that this is a different album than the first two songs. It also has a really cool chorus.

Nattesferd…. 7.7
Blodtorst…. 7.6
Bratebrann…. 8.2
Ave…7.8

Vmadera-Angel Vivaldi
1.   ._ _ _ _
2.   .._ _ _
3.   Sea Of Heartbreak

Tremendously Enjoyable.

So I wasn’t really sure who Angel Vivaldi was. I literally thought you sent me classical music. I was surprised to see it was hot shot guitarist. Interesting song order. I actually thought that each song built upon and added elements from the previous one. The first one chugged along pretty well. The second one just felt sweeter on the ears. About halfway through it ratchets up really nicely and intensely.
Sea Of Heartbreak has a nice build and really feels like it tells a story, culminating with a gorgeous ending.

._ _ _ _ ….   8.0
.._ _ _....    8.2
Sea Of Heartbreak…8.4
Ave…8.2

Twosuitsluke-King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
1.   Crumbling Castle
2.   The Fourth Colour
3.   Slow Jam 1

Geez, talk about throwing in the towel  lol

OK..lets see what all the hubbub is about. Crumbling Castle at 10+ minutes is kind of a chore to get through. This might be something to experience live, or baked, but likely both.  I think I would need way more than the 6-8 listens I gave it. The fiddle faddle through the whole thing. There is some cool drumming and it has an early 70’s kind of vibe. The Fourth Colour highlights that 70’s vibe even more. Kind of has a little beatnik style to it. This kind of reminds me of being a kid. It’s kind of cool. Slow Jam..it’s cool enough I guess. This band has a style that isn’t exactly in my wheelhouse. I can appreciate it for what it is, but it doesn’t quite appeal to me.

Crumbling Castle…7.7
The Fourth Colour…7.9
Slow Jam 1…7.5
Ave…7.7

Elite-Gojira
1.   Flying Whales
2.   Stranded
3.   The Art Of Dying

This was groovy as shit.

Flying Whales leads off with a cool intro and freaking groovy as shit grove. The vocals are fine. A mid tempo song, but I think it has a nice pocket. Stranded is also pretty groovy,  and has a decent chorus but is definitely the weak link here. After its percussive intro, The Art Of Dying gets going and feels like a beast. That first verse is awful, but then it’s really cool the rest of the way through.

Flying Whales….8.0
Stranded….7.5
The Art Of Dying….8.0
Ave…7.8

Tomislav-Fair To Midland
1.   Dance Of The Manatee
2.   April Fools And Eggmen
3.   Walls Of Jericho

I wouldn’t call this heavy, but it was heavier than I expected.

I’ve seen Fair To Midland mentioned a number of times on DTF, but I’ve never checked them out at all. I was looking forward to this submission not knowing what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this. Definitely not heavy, but I thought they’d be a bit more alternative, chill.
Dance Of the Manatee is a cool tune. The singer’s high voice in the chorus is awesome. It’s a nice change from his quieter voice. April Fools is also a cool tune with an amazing chorus. Walls starts out a bit funky, but damn, this is a nice fucking song. What a voice. This dude owns the choruses. I thought he sounded familiar, but I was surprised to see this band is no longer active, nor has the singer ever really resurfaced.

Dance Of The Manatee…8.4
April Fools And Eggman…8.3
Walls Of Jericho…8.5
Ave..8.4

Faizoff-Skid Row
1.   Riot Act
2.   Eileen
3.   Iron Will

This is one band that I have always overlooked for no good reason.

Riot Act is short and punchy. Reminds me a lot of Hanoi Rocks. I think I can say it’s not great and I like it at the same time.  Eileen is kind of awful, truthfully. I like the riff to close it out over the last minute.  I like Iron Will the most out of these three tracks. A bit like Mike Howe Era Metal Church. I didn’t take into consideration the quite noise that took up the last three minutes of the track.

Riot Act….7.9
Eileen….7.3
Iron Will….8.5
Ave…7.9

Crow-A Novelist
1.   His Kingdom Is Vast
2.   Acacia Crown
3.   Caveat Lector

Didn’t know what to expect. I like it, but the vocals could be an issue.

I’ve seen Crow send A Novelist before many times in different roulettes. I had no idea what to expect. It’s heavy and progressive. The part at 1:10 of Kingdom sounds like something DT would do. The harsh vocals are..well, this guy might need a bib. The clean vocals are a nice break. Like Kingdom, Acacia Crown is awesome musically. I thought Caveat Lector was really good musically. It has a really cool intro, but like the other tracks, the harsh vocals are going to be kind of a challenge going forward. I do plan on checking other parts of this album though.

His Kingdom Is Vast….8.1
Acacia Crown….8.1
Caveat Lector….8.1
Ave…8.1

Lithojazzosphere-Wytch Hazel
1.   He Is The Fight
2.   I Am Redeemed
3.   I Will Not

This has a strong Thin Lizzy influence.

Right off the bat, I hear a huge Thin Lizzy influence. Wishbone Ash too. This is comfort music big time. He Is The Fight is really nice and simple. Just so easy on the ears. I Am Redeemed starts off a bit more intense, but it settles in nicely. Great Lizzy solo section. I Will Not continues in the same vain. Probably the weakest track here until the awesome musical breakdown. but this is an album I will definitely follow up with.

He Is The Fight….8.5
I Am Redeemed….8.6
I Will Not….8.4
Ave…8.5

Ariich-Shadecrown
1.   Aeon’s Still
2.   The Ghost I Mourn
3.   Incomplete

This hits a sweet spot in this genre.

This was a great submission. I really love this kind of thing. Aeon’s Still is so melodic. The harsh vocals aren’t overpowering. Definitely vocals I can deal with, especially with the music so grand. The Ghost is a bit more direct and heavy. It settles in with a really nice mellow part which leads into the last half of the song seamlessly. Nice piano outro on this. Incomplete has the perfect amount of mood in the first half and jump in the second half. This is actually a fantastic track. That guitar solo at the 5:30 is beautiful and it plays out wonderfully under the vocals that follow.

Aeon’s Still…8.6
The Ghost I Mourn…8.5
Incomplete….8.8
Ave...8.6

Wolfking- Savage Messiah
1.   Hands Of Fate
2.   Lay Down Your Arms
3.   The Last Confession

This is..solid.

Hands Of Fate is definitely a head bobber. Love the chugging pace on this. Has a real nice chorus as well. Lay Down Your Arms is quite a bit weaker although I must say that it did grow on me, especially the chorus. The Last Confession starts out a tad iffy, but Holy Metallica Batman. It goes full on Metallica at 2:32. Real nice. It literally sounds like Lars is playing on this.

Hands Of Fate…8.5
Lay Down Your Arms…8.2
The Last Confession…8.5
Ave…8.4

Jingle Boy-M.I.God.
1.   Spectres On Parade
2.   Tears Of Today
3.   Weight Of A Million Souls

One is too hard, one is too soft, and one is just right.

So first of all, I am not a fan of this production. It’s too loud and everything blends. Plus, they generally are tuned too low for me. This is evident on Spectres, but especially the beginning of Weight. As far as the songs themselves, Spectres is good. This would’ve fit perfectly on Judas Priest’s Firepower album. It’s pretty intense. Tears Of Today starts out..awful. I’m expecting the worse, but it settles into a really nice song with an excellent chorus. Weight opens and it instantly reminds me of Anthrax’s Tester. This is the best song of the three. Really nice chorus, and can someone please tell me where I’ve heard the solo that starts at 3:05 before?
Spectres On Parade….8.0
Tears Of Today….8.0
Weight Of A Million Souls…8.4
Ave…8.1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2707 on: March 27, 2023, 03:49:44 PM »
And the winner is.......

Congrats Chad!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2708 on: March 27, 2023, 03:50:07 PM »
Round 8 Standings

Dragon Attack....8.6
Ariich....8.6
Lithojazzosphere....8.5
Wolfking....8.4
Tomislav....8.4
King whatever and the whoosie whatsie....8.4
Lonestar....8.3
Vmadera....8.2
Puppies....8.2
Reaper....8.1
Crow....8.1
Jingle Boy....8.1
Stadler....8.0
Faizoff....7.9
Elite....7.8
Buddy....7.8
Twosuitsluke....7.7
Romdrums....7.4

FINAL STANDINGS!!

Jingle Boy...8.3+8.2+8.6+7.8+8.5+8.4+8.5+8.1=66.4
Wolfking...8.5+8.0+8.8+7.6+8.0+8.0+8.8+8.4=66.1
Lithojazzosphere...9.0+7.5+8.0+8.3+8.0+7.6+8.6+8.5=65.5
Ariich...8.4+8.4+7.9+8.4+7.9+7.9+7.9=56.8+8.6=65.4
Lonestar....8.2+7.5+8.0+7.8+8.7+7.6+8.0+8.3=64.1
Faizoff...8.9+7.5+8.5+7.4+8.0+8.2+7.5+7.9=63.9
DragonAttack...8.0+8.0+7.3+8.4+7.8+7.0+8.5+8.6=63.6
BuddyHunter...7.9+7.8+7.4+8.8+7.9+7.8+7.9+7.8=63.5
Twosuitsluke....6.8+8.5+7.7+7.5+8.7+7.6+8.7+7.7=63.2
Crow...8.0+8.0+7.4+6.8+7.4+8.8+8.5+8.1=63.0
Romdrums...7.8+7.8+7.8+8.0+8.0+8.4+7.7+7.4=62.9
Puppies...7.5+7.0+8.0+6.8+8.5+8.2+8.5+8.2=62.8
VMadera...8.0+7.5+7.3+7.5+8.1+7.4+8.0+8.2=62.0
Elite...8.0+8.0+7.8+7.5+7.8+7.0+7.5+7.8=61.4
Stadler...6.5+8.0+7.9+8.5+7.5+7.6+7.4+8.0=61.4
Tomislav...7.5+7.0+8.0+7.5=7.9+6.9+8.0+8.4=61.4
Kingshmegland...6.8+7.2+8.0+6.9+8.1+7.8+7.8+8.4=61.0
Reaper...6.8+7.3+7.3+7.3+7.3+7.0+7.4+8.1=58.5

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)
« Reply #2709 on: March 27, 2023, 04:02:06 PM »
Lithojazzosphere-Wytch Hazel
1.   He Is The Fight
2.   I Am Redeemed
3.   I Will Not

This has a strong Thin Lizzy influence.

Right off the bat, I hear a huge Thin Lizzy influence. Wishbone Ash too. This is comfort music big time. He Is The Fight is really nice and simple. Just so easy on the ears. I Am Redeemed starts off a bit more intense, but it settles in nicely. Great Lizzy solo section. I Will Not continues in the same vain. Probably the weakest track here until the awesome musical breakdown. but this is an album I will definitely follow up with.

Sweet!  Yeah, it's relatively rare for older music to resonate with me quite as much, but Thin Lizzy has always been one of my favorites of that era, and I like Wishbone Ash as well, and they definitely have those vibes.  Colin Hendra, the songwriter of Wytch Hazel, is an old soul in that regard, and is also a huge Maiden fan.  They're quite possibly my favorite throwback style band, they do the retro sound far better than most for me.  The guitar tone on III: Pentecost is one of my favorites ever.  The whole album is great, and their first two albums are worth exploring as well, though they're not quite as polished and cohesive for me, but still have some gems. 

I've really enjoyed being a part of this, and though I'm disappointed that my favorite band of all my submissions scored the worst, at least I sent a few other artists that scored really well. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2710 on: March 27, 2023, 04:04:27 PM »

I've really enjoyed being a part of this, and though I'm disappointed that my favorite band of all my submissions scored the worst, at least I sent a few other artists that scored really well.

Which submission was that?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2711 on: March 27, 2023, 04:06:14 PM »
All Ends.  I tried to pick a song of theirs that I thought would tick the most boxes for you, but I think our musical journeys are too divergent on other dimensions for them to connect with you nearly as much.  I was probably also lulled into a false sense of confidence from Luke, as I thought if he dug them you might like them even more, but probably overlooked some other factors that shifted that calculus, and some of this is pretty arbitrary anyway. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2712 on: March 27, 2023, 04:09:00 PM »
Nice, congrats Chad. 

Yeah, check that full album Tim, it rips.  And yes, Lay Down Your Arms is a tad weaker but as I mentioned the whole thing grows on you a lot!  Yep, that middle section of The Last Confession slays!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2713 on: March 27, 2023, 04:11:07 PM »
Thanks for running Tim.  I kinda needed this distraction at the moment and definitely inspired me to look at running another one once my off season fully hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliňujoŕupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2714 on: March 27, 2023, 04:16:08 PM »
i'll take it  :tup

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2715 on: March 27, 2023, 04:38:46 PM »
Tim -  very, very sorry to hear you went through some pretty rough times. Hope things are getting a bit better.

BTW, Couldn't agree more, Litho. Nothing trite about how powerful and healing music can be

Online faizoff

« Reply #2716 on: March 27, 2023, 04:43:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about your father passing Tim and all the other shit you're going/gone through. Music is definitely a welcome distraction.
Looking at the first roulette I participated and finished at 12 out of 14 contestants. Did much better this time round. I definitely want to do a roulette round sometime soon.
Thanks again for running this, the banter and the music are always fun.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2717 on: March 27, 2023, 04:47:39 PM »
Thanks for having me Tim, and humouring my King Gizz submission. As always, your roulettes are a force of nature, and I was glad to be along for the ride.

I'm happy to hear this has been somewhat of a distraction and you've also got plenty of good music and laughs out of it.

I haven't been able to keep up with the individual round playlists, but if you end up doing a 'best of roulette' playlist I'll be all over it.

Peace and love to you and your family  :heart

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2718 on: March 27, 2023, 04:53:06 PM »
Lonestar-Nemophilia
1.   Rollin’ Rollin’
2.   Raitei
3.   Life

The first two songs had that low tuning I talk about, but the third song was outstanding.

Wow the bass hits you right in the face on Rollin’ Rollin’. Not a fan of the tuning. It’s a cool upbeat song. The gang vocals in the chorus for some reason remind me of Dora The Explorer. The solos crank. Raitei feels pretty intense. There’s in your face about this band. The chorus is really nice. A nice change from the intensity of the rest of the song. Life, though, is the money track. It’s kind of like a breath of fresh air, especially compared to the first two songs. The solo section is luscious. Great vocal and delivery.

Rollin’ Rollin’….7.9
Raitei….8.2
Life….8.8
Ave…8.3

Yeah...Life is something special for sure...when you can, watch the music video with closed caption on so you can get the english translations, it really elevates the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFnEYhbEAqg&ab_channel=NEMOPHILA

A respectable finish for me...and a W for the Hoser...congrats Chad. With a 9 and an 8.8 in the mix, the j-metal played nicely I must say...

thanks for the roulette Tim, it was a blast. And glad it provided some catharsis/relief for you. If you ever need mindless musical distraction again, you know this group of knuckleheads will be here for you.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2719 on: March 27, 2023, 05:01:00 PM »
Tim, I hope I was a good distraction for you.

Hey, I'm going to send you Flor De Loto's Iron Maiden cover. I know you'll like it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2720 on: March 27, 2023, 05:12:22 PM »
Tim, I hope I was a good distraction for you.

You're fucking constantly distracting me!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2721 on: March 27, 2023, 05:14:13 PM »
 ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2722 on: March 27, 2023, 06:01:10 PM »
I sure did limp into that victory!  Try as I might have, I could not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe I *would* have been better suited sending in Vanden Plas!   :lol  I hear what you're saying about the production, but I still think you're full of shit  :biggrin:.   There's definitely a rawness about the album, but I guess for my liking, that's all part of the context and the concept.  Mayhap sending in songs from a concept album was a risk that didn't land.  I hope you give the album at least one full listen.  None-the-less, I'm rather humbled to win amongst this group of 17 members.  And after nearly a decade without a victory and four 2nd place finishes, that's two wins in short order.   :hefdaddy  (I'm not worthy  :blush)

Quite pleased to see the SUE take top spot - it's a 5-alarm album for sure.

I knew that was a solid final round on most everyone's part.  Well done lads. :tup  :tup

Thanks for running such a terrific roulette, keeping the pace and keeping everyone engaged.  A++ marks for host etiquette for sure.  A++ for tastes to - you've redeemed yourself... victory was achieved with not a single growl or scream.

Now, if I can pull that off with Kade....   :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:08:44 PM by jingle.boy »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2723 on: March 27, 2023, 06:44:09 PM »

Woah! Now wait a minute man!!  Dunno what kind of roulette you think I'm going to run!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2724 on: March 27, 2023, 06:45:57 PM »
I'm here for your phitoshops Kade. Lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2725 on: March 27, 2023, 06:55:42 PM »

Woah! Now wait a minute man!!

That’s not how it is?!?!

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2726 on: March 27, 2023, 07:12:06 PM »
Well hey, outside of the instrumental round, you can't say I wasn't consistent! :lol

And yeah, the fourth Kvelertak album (which Bratebrann is from) does have a different lead vocalist than the first three.

Also, go listen to a full Gojira album. The Way Of All Flesh is the best one. :metal
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2727 on: March 27, 2023, 07:13:47 PM »

Woah! Now wait a minute man!!

That’s not how it is?!?!
You must be confused...

Thank you for running Tim. Yeah Angel Vivaldi is a great player. He has a new EP coming out soon.

I got to meet him once, cool dude. Same night I met JP too  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2728 on: March 27, 2023, 07:20:15 PM »
Thank you for running Tim. Yeah Angel Vivaldi is a great player. He has a new EP coming out soon.

I got to meet him once, cool dude.

Obviously. :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2729 on: March 27, 2023, 08:21:13 PM »
 :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk