Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 77797 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (R8 Impressions!)
« Reply #2660 on: March 25, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »
Wow! A Hef sighting.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2661 on: March 26, 2023, 04:32:34 AM »
Glorious.  Thank you to the Mod that did this
:djhef:

I figured ... even had "probably was Hefarino" in my post - but then pulled it on the off chance it was Nick clowning around
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2662 on: March 26, 2023, 06:34:40 AM »
Playlist A complete:
In the Mourning ... that's a hard pass
Joe Bonamassa.... that was an easy listen.  I'm not always in the mood for this kind of jam though.
Flor De Loto ... despite the lack of English, I dug this.
Kvelertak ... this didn't totally suck.  Musically it was rather nice; vocally it was tolerable.
King whatzie and the yahtzee totsie .... just a little too eclectic for these ears
Gojira ... not my thing

On to B.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2663 on: March 26, 2023, 08:03:39 AM »
Playlist B done:
Nemophilia ... again, I'm not much a fan of non-English lyrics (yes, I'm a close-minded old fuck  :biggrin:). Notwithstanding, this is good stuff musically and vocally.  Life was particularly fantastic.
VOLA.... like Kvelertak, this was surprisingly not bad.  The djent+mid tempo+atmospheric sound is not something I'm often going to reach for.  Kinda gave me a Voyager vibe - but with good vocals and keyboards that weren't dorky.
SUE - this album made my Top 50 Concept Album list, and it's likely Top 5 AOTY for 2022 (I haven't ranked my 2022 list yet - shit, I ought to get on that)
Ola Englund - methinks I'm going to be rather glad this wasn't Kade's submission.  This was hawt
Fair to Midland - Really good, but it's a bit all over the place stylistically.  It could be just me, but I'm kinda getting an Enchant vibe here (musically).  I might just have to check this album out.
A Novelist - yeah, no.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2664 on: March 26, 2023, 09:14:24 AM »
Thanks Chad for doing my write ups.  ;D

Actually I have 11 done. Busy day after work, so I don’t think I can finish the other 7 tonight. I’m gonna try though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2665 on: March 26, 2023, 09:38:54 AM »
Playlist C is in the books.

M.I.GOD... second best thing I've hard so far  :biggrin:
Wytch Hazel ... quite enjoyable.  Nothing wrong with it, but I just don't hear a lot of replay value
Savage Messiah ... very solid fo sho.  Nice shredding solos - would expect nothing less from Kade
Angel Vivaldi ... Everytime I listen to the tunes when someone submits him, I always enjoy the fuck out of it.  Great music.
Skid Row... sorry, I just can't get over how much of a let down Subhuman Race was. Riot Act seems like an odd selection to me - not "bad", just odd (imo).  And what's with Spotify version of the album having "Beggar's Day" instead of "Get The Fuck Out"?
Shadecrown ...yeah, no.

Overall, mostly a very good batch of submissions.

Me and Kade waiting for results be like

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2666 on: March 26, 2023, 12:29:58 PM »
^
I've been like this for every round. :lol

I guess I did OK with 'SUE' then (at least I hope I did with the TACmaster).  I just now read the entire jingle concept album thread, as I'd never heard most of the offerings (well done btw, and I know the effort you put into it :tup)  I did offer up the instrumental album intro as one of the songs, with 'Legacy' as a fallback wild card if needed.

I was trying to do a mostly Michigan roulette.  Served me quite well.  I did find a band called Immense Sonic Destruction.  The music is right up TAC's alley, and most of the contestants here.  Except.....except.....their lead singer sounds like, well......sounds like I probably would have 20-30 years ago. 

I did OK, other than duck hooking the acoustic round tee shot into a pond on the neighboring hole :lol

It has been nice to play along, hearing new stuff (to me, good and bad), and to learn all of Tim's surnames, nicknames, etc as posted by the king whoosie floosie  watoosi..... 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:07:47 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2667 on: March 26, 2023, 01:33:36 PM »
I've gotta say, submitting "Mi GOD" has to be the most overconfident statement I've seen yet.   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2668 on: March 26, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »
I've gotta say, submitting "Mi GOD" has to be the most overconfident statement I've seen yet.   :lol

He's going to feel IM DOG.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2669 on: March 26, 2023, 02:14:19 PM »
Floosie could be added to my name too.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2670 on: March 26, 2023, 02:27:24 PM »

Their music, or just the name of the band?

Trust me, I've got all the confidence I've had in the Leafs for the last 6 years, and we know how that's turned out!

:lol
 :|
 :sadpanda:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2671 on: March 26, 2023, 03:18:47 PM »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: March 26, 2023, 06:57:19 PM »

Trust me, I've got all the confidence I've had in the Leafs for the last 6 years, and we know how that's turned out!

Never heard MI GOD at all, not even the name.  I'm curious, but I won't listen incase you choose to use them for me in mine later on.  Savage Messiah is a solid 8.5 in my book, but I think you'd really have to fuck up to not take this out mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2673 on: March 26, 2023, 07:11:35 PM »

Just the name.  The first and third song are great.  Dunno what Tim means by "too hard", he can be a wimp about certain things at times.  :p

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2674 on: March 26, 2023, 07:13:17 PM »

Just the name.  The first and third song are great.  Dunno what Tim means by "too hard", he can be a wimp about certain things at times.  :p

*goes back and reviews the scores, especially Litho's*

Actually just two more writeups to go.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: March 26, 2023, 07:26:19 PM »
I was intrigued by that comment too even though I don't know anything by the band.  I mean, as we all know Chad is more of a wimp than Tim is when it comes to music.  :biggrin:

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2676 on: March 26, 2023, 07:31:47 PM »
"More of one", which means he's still somewhat of one, trying to lower your score too?  ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2677 on: March 26, 2023, 07:35:29 PM »
"More of one", which means he's still somewhat of one, trying to lower your score too?  ;)

He started his negotiations kind of high.  ;D

Savage Messiah is a solid 8.5 in my book,

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2678 on: March 26, 2023, 07:39:50 PM »
See, when I first heard the album, it was an 8.4-8.5.  it was one of those ones where you're like, 'this is some cool shit,' but even it's simple structure, it kept drawing me back and it's an album I go back to once every couple of weeks.  For a simple straightforward album, it sure great even more into a monster.  These days I'd rate the album 8.7-8.8, it's good stuff.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2679 on: March 26, 2023, 07:41:32 PM »
See, when I first heard the album, it was an 8.4-8.5.  it was one of those ones where you're like, 'this is some cool shit,' but even it's simple structure, it kept drawing me back and it's an album I go back to once every couple of weeks.  For a simple straightforward album, it sure great even more into a monster.  These days I'd rate the album 8.7-8.8, it's good stuff.

You'll have it at a 9.5 in a few more posts. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2680 on: March 26, 2023, 07:42:09 PM »

You'll have it at a 9.5 in a few more posts. :lol

Let me spin it again in the car today then.  :biggrin:

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2681 on: March 26, 2023, 07:42:19 PM »
Man, you've gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you don't have anything left even you yourself would rate higher than that. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #2682 on: March 26, 2023, 07:44:57 PM »
Playlist C is in the books.

Skid Row... sorry, I just can't get over how much of a let down Subhuman Race was.

I think I am in the minority when I say that is my favorite Skid Row album. Heck I think even the band hates it, I know Bach has mentioned how he considers the production of the album one of the worst he's ever heard. But honestly I really dig that mix, it's part of the charm.

Riot Act seems like an odd selection to me - not "bad", just odd (imo). 
Well I wanted a more upper tempo track to submit and this is one of their rockers I've always enjoyed.

And what's with Spotify version of the album having "Beggar's Day" instead of "Get The Fuck Out"?
Didn't notice that, I actually prefer Beggar's Day. Fun fact, I had no clue about Get The Fuck Out being on the album until much much later. the place I used to always buy my cassettes from had the Beggars Day version. It wasn't until I saw the CD version that there was an additional track. Turned out the guy used to import cassettes from Malaysia and we'd get their version of all albums on tape.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: March 26, 2023, 07:51:21 PM »
Man, you've gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you don't have anything left even you yourself would rate higher than that.

Well, the thing is, Tim and I are pretty on point with each others tastes.  There's bands I could send but I know I've sent before or even in Puppies roulette there were a load of bands I could have sent now but Tim listened to every EP and gave me feedback. (Dream Evil, Scar Symmetry, Kreator, Eidolon, Mastodon, Green Carnation, 1349, Nevermore etc.)  A heap of bands I could have used but he always sampled them there.

Plus, there's loads of bands that I love that I know he hates or just wouldn't really like.  His tastes in growls is quite specific too so there's a lot again that I love that I know he wouldn't really enjoy.  There's no point sending something I know he's heard or wouldn't enjoy.  I wanted to aim for slightly different music again.

When I said before I would have liked to spend a bit more time searching through my collection, I wasn't trying to downplay anything, I was legit in trying to find some things I really enjoyed that were new to him.  There are a heap of things in my collection I'm simply 'meh' about so wanted to go through myself and revisit what I had myself.  Plus, I wanted to put as much effort into this as I could for Tim with the time constraints I had.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2684 on: March 26, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
Yeah, I guess there's a bit of a counterbalancing act there, where the longer you know someone, the more you know about what it is they're really looking for, but on the other hand, so much of the best stuff has already been picked over after years of these. 

But then also, there are so many other underexplored genres.  :)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: March 26, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »
Yeah, I guess there's a bit of a counterbalancing act there, where the longer you know someone, the more you know about what it is they're really looking for, but on the other hand, so much of the best stuff has already been picked over after years of these. 

But then also, there are so many other underexplored genres.  :)

Nah, there isn't.  :biggrin:

Seriously though pretty much what you said, and I don't want to waste his time, or mine trying to force something on him.  The other thing I meant to add to that is that I haven't actively explored new music for about 3-4 years now.  So, from my end I'm kind of boxed in with what I could send, hence the wanting to dig through the closet a little bit as I have nothing really new that I have actively discovered that I could share.  I know when I do a roulette though, it will be the opposite, Tim will have quite a bit he could share, probably too many options.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2686 on: March 26, 2023, 08:47:47 PM »
Yeah, I'll be looking forward to that one.  I have truckloads of stuff I want to try out. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2687 on: March 26, 2023, 08:59:04 PM »

Never heard MI GOD at all, not even the name.  I'm curious, but I won't listen incase you choose to use them for me in mine later on. 

Nah... go ahead mate.  Feel free to listen to the music that either A) sealed your defeat, or B) sealed mine!

Also, it was a recent entry on my Concept Album thread.

Savage Messiah is a solid 8.5 in my book, but I think you'd really have to fuck up to not take this out mate.

Challenge accepted!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: March 26, 2023, 09:55:57 PM »
May sample tonight then, I am curious.

I played it safe which probably was the wrong strategy, especially up against you with half a point lead.  Should have sent something more risky and went for broke.  I don't regret Savage Messiah but yeah, gut feeling is I probably needed a Hail Mary play.  Time will tell.  Good fun regardless.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2689 on: March 26, 2023, 10:14:22 PM »

I played it safe which probably was the wrong strategy, especially up against you with half a point lead.  Should have sent something more risky and went for broke.  I don't regret Savage Messiah but yeah, gut feeling is I probably needed a Hail Mary play.  Time will tell.  Good fun regardless.

I was considering a 'fortune-favours-the-bold' kind of submission as well, but wussed out.  I wouldn't say M.I.GOD was playing it safe, but it wasn't a terribly big risk either.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: March 26, 2023, 10:44:42 PM »

I was considering a 'fortune-favours-the-bold' kind of submission as well, but wussed out.  I wouldn't say M.I.GOD was playing it safe, but it wasn't a terribly big risk either.

In your position, a safer play is always the way to go.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2691 on: March 27, 2023, 01:16:10 PM »
Just got home. I need a couple of hours. Results this evening!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2692 on: March 27, 2023, 01:23:16 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: March 27, 2023, 01:45:20 PM »
There is *NO* fucking around in a TAC roulette!!  I think you did 3 rounds in the span that Tomi hasn't completed one!!   :rollin

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2694 on: March 27, 2023, 01:54:30 PM »
The fucking around is in the banter.  I'm gonna really miss this thread being the de facto DTF chat thread once it's over.  :)