Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 77831 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

First impressions!!

That was actually quite pleasant. Hopefully it’s a grower.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center?

This was surprisingly cool, and it hits a part towards the end where it all comes together.

Really classic and comforting.

That gave me goosebumps.

This song builds nicely.

The bolded is my first choice  ;) :D ;D :lol

The bolded is everyone's first choice. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First impressions!!

Lithojazzosphere: Nickel Creek  That was actually quite pleasant. Hopefully it’s a grower.

That was an outstanding vocal.

Lonestar: Destrage  Awesome guitar solo, but I’m not sure I like the guy’s voice.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center?

Twosuitsluke: Black label Society  As expected. Maybe a little better.

Kingshmegland: The Neal Morse Band  Nice song, but the vocal harmonies were very distracting.

Reaper: Days Of The New Is there an acoustic equivalent to mid tempo mumbo jumbo?

Is this Nirvana?

This was surprisingly cool, and it hits a part towards the end where it all comes together.

Wolfking: Nightingale  That was a lot of needless bitching.

DragonAttack: Sonny Terry  Really classic and comforting.

This was kind of weird.

This has a nice chorus.

That gave me goosebumps.

Ariich: ThunderNot sure how I feel about it after one listen.

Stadler: The Civil Wars  This is going to take a few listens I think.

Faizoff: Bryan Adams  I love the pace of this.

This song builds nicely.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:52:06 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

This?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
so there's a nickelback and a nickel creek? What will they think of next Nickel n' dime ? :biggrin:

Nickel Creek started earlier.  And there's more in common between Creed and Creedence Clearwater Revival than them and Nickelback. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Nope..but I gave it to you. It's painful watching you guess. :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

This has a nice chorus.

Let's try one of these. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

This has a nice chorus.

Let's try one of these.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Nope..but I gave it to you. It's painful watching you guess. :lol

I was purposely avoiding guessing that one. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Are either of these mine?

This was kind of weird.

Is there an acoustic equivalent to mid tempo mumbo jumbo?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
First impressions!!

That made me feel good.  Just like a girlfriend in HS, 'classic and comforting'.

Then again, I didn't 'score' well then, and I may not score well with this.  :biggrin:
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First impressions!!

That made me feel good.  Just like a girlfriend in HS, 'classic and comforting'.

Then again, I didn't 'score' well then, and I may not score well with this.  :biggrin:

:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Are either of these mine?

This was kind of weird.

Is there an acoustic equivalent to mid tempo mumbo jumbo?

Yes!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Pretty sure I have my '23 song.  There are two other finalists I may wind up just sending to TAC after the roulette anyway, they're pretty cool, but seem slightly iffier, and I'd need a three-song wild card even if I still had mine left. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pretty sure I have my '23 song.  There are two other finalists I may wind up just sending to TAC after the roulette anyway, they're pretty cool, but seem slightly iffier, and I'd need a three-song wild card even if I still had mine left.

I'm looking forward to the 2023 round.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
TAC for the next round are we only able to submit music that came out this year (that isn't on your ban list)?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
TAC for the next round are we only able to submit music that came out this year (that isn't on your ban list)?

Yes...Next round is for 2023 releases. If a band on the Banned List has a new album..that is banned as well.

In Reply #3 on the first page, I list every 2023 album I sampled before this roulette started. The ones with an asterisk are Banned. The ones without are not, but remember, I sampled them and decided not to add them to my Spotify library.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Is mine the weird one? :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

That was an outstanding vocal. Maudlin of the Well

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center? Elliot Smith

Is this Nirvana? - Seether (knew this right from the opening chord)

This was surprisingly cool, and it hits a part towards the end where it all comes together. - Minus the Bear*

This was kind of weird. - Dirty Blonde

This has a nice chorus. - I Prevail

That gave me goosebumps. One Last Goodbye

This song builds nicely. Orville Peck*

IMO, there's a pretty hard flex of 'the spirit' of the round to call these 2 songs acoustic - despite the title of the album from Minus the Bear being "Acoustics II".  Orville Peck is a very cool ballad, but it sure ain't "acoustic".
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

This was surprisingly cool, and it hits a part towards the end where it all comes together. - Minus the Bear*

IMO, there's a pretty hard flex of 'the spirit' of the round to call these 2 songs acoustic - despite the title of the album from Minus the Bear being "Acoustics II".  Orville Peck is a very cool ballad, but it sure ain't "acoustic".

I love how you nonchalantly stick your song with the goosebumps right in the middle of that post.  :lol

I don’t have an issue with either song you’re whining about either. Jeez.  ;D
 They’re well within the spirit, even moreso than a couple of others.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I love how you nonchalantly stick your song with the goosebumps right in the middle of that post.  :lol

I just copy/pasted the order from the last post.

I don’t have an issue with either song you’re whining about either. Jeez.  ;D
 They’re well within the spirit, even moreso than a couple of others.

You and I have a very different definition of "whining".  It was just an observation.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Let’s call it a “pretty hard flex” of observation.  ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I’ll update the impressions shortly.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Kingshmegland: The Neal Morse Band  Nice song, but the vocal harmonies were very distracting.

I get it, taste, opinions, feelings, blah, blah, blah, but I can't wrap my head around this one.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I get it, taste, opinions, feelings, blah, blah, blah, but I can't wrap my head around this one.

Stadler, I might just sig this and refer to it whenever I really have a hard disagree with someone's opinion  :lol  sums it up nicely.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
You're sending the new winger song, aren't you?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
This was kind of weird.

This has a nice chorus.

Nice Chorus?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

I'm confused, there's nothing non acoustic in that song. Unless you're referring to the subtle pipe organ in the background, which is technically an acoustic instrument. :dunno:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni

To me the weakest part of Neal's music has always been Neal's voice and the harmonies. They aren't all bad but they are rarely good IMO.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

To me the weakest part of Neal's music has always been Neal's voice and the harmonies. They aren't all bad but they are rarely good IMO.

Honestly, I don't disagree with that statement.  I just think that one song is one of those rare examples where they got everything right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm confused, there's nothing non acoustic in that song. Unless you're referring to the subtle pipe organ in the background, which is technically an acoustic instrument. :dunno:

I guess it's a 'me' thing, but the drums and bass are what I'm referring to.  I think "acoustic", I think vocals and acoustic guitar.. maybe a piano sub'd for the guitar.  That's it - no rhythm section.

Again, if that's a 'me' thing, so be it. 

P.S.  I loved your song - one of the few that I saved to my Best of TACv6 playlist from this round.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Acoustic songs can't have rhythm? I learned something today!
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Drums are, like, the ultimate acoustic instrument. Even the heaviest metal bands use acoustic drums (for the most part - some use some electronics). :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Alternate universe where TAC is an audiophile and rejects one song because he can tell the drummer is using a triggered snare. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Their harmonies in that band are amazing. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 09:32:59 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC