Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 576036 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread
« Reply #6720 on: July 14, 2022, 07:15:47 PM »
So since this is a Frontiers release, I'm going to put this here.

I've been really digging this album big time. Has James Durbin on vocals. Yeah yeah, American Idol, which holds me back a bit, but the dude has some pipes on this album. Also has the rhythm section of Stryper and guitarist Mike Flyntz from Riot/Riot V.

The inclusion of Mike Flyntz is really the only reason I even gave this a listen. He has carried the Riot flag, and seems like an all around great dude.

But I gotta say, I am impressed at how he carries this hard rocking guitar based album. He has some great solos and some fantastic playing.

I stay pretty engaged through most of this, but the songwriting does seem to peter out a bit towards the end. That said, I rate this Better Than Solid.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6721 on: July 14, 2022, 07:19:06 PM »
Cleanbreak is a very good album. I love that the band is named after a pleasant and easy bowel moment.  :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6722 on: July 14, 2022, 07:20:18 PM »
Cleanbreak is a very good album. I love that the band is named after a pleasant and easy bowel moment.  :rollin

Brought on by the deep breathing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6723 on: July 14, 2022, 07:26:14 PM »

Well he did say it was better than solid
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6724 on: July 14, 2022, 07:30:09 PM »

Well he did say it was better than solid

Excellent!  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6725 on: July 14, 2022, 07:35:22 PM »
 :lol :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6726 on: July 14, 2022, 09:35:38 PM »
Haha.

I'll check that album, the singles seemed promising.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6727 on: July 15, 2022, 08:32:38 AM »
Has James Durbin on vocals. Yeah yeah, American Idol, which holds me back a bit, b

The fact you know this, and not ... like... another couple thousand other pop culture references disturbs me.  Who watches AI anymore these days?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nick_z

« Reply #6728 on: July 15, 2022, 10:01:58 AM »

I've been really digging this album big time. Has James Durbin on vocals. Yeah yeah, American Idol, which holds me back a bit, but the dude has some pipes on this album. Also has the rhythm section of Stryper and guitarist Mike Flyntz from Riot/Riot V.

The inclusion of Mike Flyntz is really the only reason I even gave this a listen. He has carried the Riot flag, and seems like an all around great dude.

But I gotta say, I am impressed at how he carries this hard rocking guitar based album. He has some great solos and some fantastic playing.

I stay pretty engaged through most of this, but the songwriting does seem to peter out a bit towards the end. That said, I rate this Better Than Solid.

I have yet to hear the whole thing, but the opening title-track is awesome! Great song.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6729 on: July 15, 2022, 06:33:37 PM »
Has James Durbin on vocals. Yeah yeah, American Idol, which holds me back a bit, b

The fact you know this, and not ... like... another couple thousand other pop culture references disturbs me.  Who watches AI anymore these days?

I wasn't too sure exactly who he was but when I saw the first clip he looked familiar to me and I knew he was from some sort of reality American shit, and I assumed singing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6730 on: July 15, 2022, 06:39:20 PM »

So I know James Durbin has been on a few projects including Quiet Riot. I think he's on the Frontiers roster. But in every press release he's described as "ex AI"or "AI alum". I was long done watching AI by that point. I think the last season we watched was the Adam Lambert year (he got robbed!).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6731 on: July 20, 2022, 05:09:34 AM »
A Frontiers Factory band by the looks.  Magnus Karlsson though.  Decent song actually.

https://youtu.be/r81S3qSGJv0

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6732 on: July 20, 2022, 05:15:36 AM »
Another one;

https://youtu.be/etafg9ATKA4

This is a fucking great song I must say.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6733 on: July 20, 2022, 05:27:24 AM »
I think that Unbreakable vid came out a few weeks back.  Seems pretty decent.

Here's another one ...

Ultima Grace is a new metal project formed by keyboardist Yuhki (Galneryus, Alhambra) featuring lead vocals by none other than Anette Olzon (The Dark Element, ex-Nightwish). Their self-titled debut album was released on March 16th in Japan, but Frontiers Music Srl is now releasing it in the rest of the world on September 9th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvQtKSD2ZQ
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6734 on: July 20, 2022, 05:30:15 AM »
Jeez, now that one is a POS if you ask me.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6735 on: July 20, 2022, 05:30:45 AM »
Gotta check that Cleanbreak too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6736 on: July 20, 2022, 05:31:39 AM »
Jeez, now that one is a POS if you ask me.  :lol

Yeah, not the best I've heard out of Anette, but worth checking out the album when it's out.

Offline Deathless

« Reply #6737 on: July 20, 2022, 05:57:17 AM »
Another one;

They've got some talent, I dig it. Now they just need to get away from Del Vecchio :D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6738 on: July 20, 2022, 06:02:50 AM »
Another one;

They've got some talent, I dig it. Now they just need to get away from Del Vecchio :D

I saw he produced the fucking thing!  :facepalm:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6739 on: July 20, 2022, 06:21:31 AM »
Another one;

Listened to that a few weeks back and liked it.  Pretty basic stuff but catchy...........and some decent pedigree there with Magnus and the bassist (who has some very cheesy moves) is from H.E.A.T which perhaps outweighs the Del Vichioso factor.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6740 on: July 20, 2022, 06:30:02 AM »
Another one;

Listened to that a few weeks back and liked it.  Pretty basic stuff but catchy...........and some decent pedigree there with Magnus and the bassist (who has some very cheesy moves) is from H.E.A.T which perhaps outweighs the Del Vichioso factor.

Magnus easily destroys the Del Vecchio factor for me.  The bassist is kinda irritating in that video lol.  Wonderful chorus and some nice shred as always.  That whole middle section was kind of refreshing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6741 on: July 20, 2022, 08:06:28 AM »
"The Del Vecchio Factor".  Sounds like a cool band name! 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6742 on: July 20, 2022, 12:01:44 PM »
Saw this earlier and was coming to share because I hadn’t heard any mention of it. It’s got Magnus written all over it thank god, rather than the Italiancheese merchant.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6743 on: July 20, 2022, 02:13:43 PM »
Another one;

The Del Vecchio thing is played out. They need to sign more bands that write their own tunes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6744 on: July 20, 2022, 04:10:41 PM »
Saw this earlier and was coming to share because I hadn’t heard any mention of it. It’s got Magnus written all over it thank god, rather than the Italiancheese merchant.

I don't click on any Frontiers vids that come up in my Youtube feed, so I missed it.  But last night when the second video was released there was a post in my feed about the band and saw Magnus' name so, there you go.

Looking forward to this album.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #6745 on: July 21, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »

I have yet to hear the whole thing, but the opening title-track is awesome! Great song.

To come back to this - I guess I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it...? To quote myself, the opening track is a banger, but there's a bunch more tasty tunes after that. I have to agree the guitar playing is the highlight, but all performances are full of energy. The rhythm section really goes for it. And I mean, as melodic as this is, it's also surprisingly "metal" (Still Fighting!). It's true that the songs tend to get a little more generic in the second half (although "Cleanbreak" is fun and different), but they are never less than enjoyable.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6746 on: July 30, 2022, 09:16:51 AM »
New House of Lords track. I like it, but I’ve found their last few albums sound weird, and this is the same. The vocals don’t bed in with the music, just sit there on top of it somehow.

https://youtu.be/9dOlvZT1evQ

Offline WardySI

« Reply #6747 on: August 28, 2022, 02:03:03 AM »
New House of Lords track. I like it, but I’ve found their last few albums sound weird, and this is the same. The vocals don’t bed in with the music, just sit there on top of it somehow.

https://youtu.be/9dOlvZT1evQ

While I hear and appreciate this complaint I gotta say as excruciating candyfloss as the chorus is, this is probably one of the finest later-day HOL songs I've heard yet and don't believe any Del Vecchio to be found (nor on the latest Nordic Union which is pretty great too.  See Frontiers it doesn't HAVE to be that way no?...)

But yes, hoping this could well be an improvement over the last couple HOL albums regardless of the clique album title (I mean c'mon seriously how many Saints And Sinners do we have out there already?)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6748 on: August 28, 2022, 04:11:25 AM »

To come back to this - I guess I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it...? To quote myself, the opening track is a banger, but there's a bunch more tasty tunes after that. I have to agree the guitar playing is the highlight, but all performances are full of energy. The rhythm section really goes for it. And I mean, as melodic as this is, it's also surprisingly "metal" (Still Fighting!). It's true that the songs tend to get a little more generic in the second half (although "Cleanbreak" is fun and different), but they are never less than enjoyable.

I'm having my first listen now.

EDIT:  This is really good.  American Idol or not, this guy is a great singer and fits the style perfectly.  Ripping guitar work as expected.  Still Fighting sound like Dimeo era Riot, great stuff.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 04:40:40 AM by wolfking »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6749 on: September 21, 2022, 10:30:35 AM »
Resurrecting the thread that bore her name once upon a time with the important news that Issa will release a new album in 2023 to save this dying genre and thread! 😀😀😀

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6750 on: September 21, 2022, 10:39:14 AM »
Resurrecting the thread that bore her name once upon a time with the important news that Issa will release a new album in 2023 to save this dying genre and thread! 😀😀😀

wolfking as soon as he sees this:

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6751 on: September 21, 2022, 03:29:03 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6752 on: October 09, 2022, 04:17:19 AM »
Not Frontiers but I had a listen to the new Dynazty.......jeez......these guys have really run out of ideas hey.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6753 on: October 09, 2022, 05:12:54 AM »
Not Frontiers but I had a listen to the new Dynazty.......jeez......these guys have really run out of ideas hey.  :lol

Yeah ... if you've heard 1 Dynazty album, you've heard them all.  I thought this one was more enjoyable than their last two efforts though - can't really say why, it's just my gut reaction.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6754 on: October 09, 2022, 12:05:17 PM »
I'm pretty much done with Frontiers. They release the same album with a different title at this point. Stryper is my only exception personally.