Author Topic: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024  (Read 221601 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024
« Reply #2765 on: Today at 01:44:11 PM »
There were several when I saw Maiden back in September 2022 at the Pond in Anaheim (where the Anaheim Ducks play).  The entire floor was GA.  Had it been Priest, I have no doubt, there'd have been a big-ass pit for Painkiller.

A pit for IM is still pretty iffy from my experience.  It's happened, but not at all the GA floor IM pits I've been in.  Maybe the NYC crowds just suck.  I think it's entirely possible.  Obviously I've seen plenty of shows where the crowd is wild, but not usually for the 80s and older bands.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2766 on: Today at 01:55:15 PM »
Painkiller is towards the bottom of my list of favs.. not my fav use of Robs majestic beautiful voice either..

Id trade it for Last Rose of Summer at this point : )

:heart :heart

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2767 on: Today at 02:01:42 PM »
Before Painkiller the other night, Scott Travis asked the crowd what the one last song we wanted to hear was.  Of course, most yelled for Painkiller.  I joked to the friend I went with later that no one heard me yell for Night Comes Down. :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2769 on: Today at 02:03:27 PM »
Before Painkiller the other night, Scott Travis asked the crowd what the one last song we wanted to hear was.  Of course, most yelled for Painkiller.  I joked to the friend I went with later that no one heard me yell for Night Comes Down. :lol

damn    we needed to get you a bullhorn!!!  :   )
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2770 on: Today at 02:09:18 PM »
I think I would have enjoyed the NJ show a lot more if the crowd was like this, that energy even if not in the pit can usually be felt.  Now I get why my video had so many comments about the dead crowd  :lol I just blamed it on being an older band.  Sabaton would have done much better with that GA crowd too.

I dont like that Pru Center Venue at all

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #2771 on: Today at 02:49:04 PM »

I dont like that Pru Center Venue at all

I HATE it!

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2772 on: Today at 03:16:08 PM »

Night Comes Down is a gem of a song

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2773 on: Today at 03:25:11 PM »
Night Comes Down is an absolute gem of a ballad.  :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2774 on: Today at 03:55:14 PM »

You must have felt like you were there all alone, with nowhere to go.

Also...good to see you here again!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung