Author Topic: Star Trek: The Next Threaderation  (Read 259079 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Star Trek: The Next Threaderation
« Reply #3115 on: July 23, 2016, 12:19:35 AM »
Crossing my fingers for Star Trek Space Dick.

Planet killer is so horney.

I just realized that Kirk is the ultimate space dick, given his sexual goings on. So Star Trek 4 was the quintessential space dick trying to stop a literal space dick by giving it something with the word hump in the name.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3116 on: July 23, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
Apparently the TNG crew finished filming " All Good Things " and two days later they began filming on " Star Trek Generations ".

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3117 on: July 23, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
" Gambit I,II "

Robin Curtis ( Saavik ) looks totally different as a Romulan ( albeit a Vulcan posing as a Romulan )...

I love how Picard & Riker pretend to hate each other whilst on board Boran's ship.

I love stories like this. Stupid aliens who don't know they're being had the entire time - like " Samaritan Snare " also with those stupid, stupid Pakleds.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3118 on: July 23, 2016, 04:10:32 PM »
STAR TREK DISCOVERY

Uss Discovery. NCC 1031.

And...

STAR TREK STD :rollin

Oh Well.

That's interesting. The Uss Discovery is basically the Phase II Enterprise that never was.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:16:24 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Adami

« Reply #3119 on: July 23, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
Can you provide a links to some more info? I haven't seen anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3120 on: July 23, 2016, 04:19:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/startrekcbs

^ Brand New Twitter Account with trailer

^^^ Original design for Star Trek Phase II / The Motion Picture Enterprise.

Could be set after 5 year mission / Pre TMP

Offline Adami

« Reply #3121 on: July 23, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »
Interesting design. The real one, not the one posted above.

Cool name too. Any news on cast or timeline?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Adami

« Reply #3123 on: July 23, 2016, 08:32:09 PM »
So it will be set in the prime timeline, and it won't be episodic in nature.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3124 on: July 23, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »
I instantly recognized the scrapped Phase 2 design. I've always found it super fugly, and still do here. So angular.
The name/style of the ship and the registry number would suggest some time between Enterprise and TOS to me, which I'm not keen on for the same reasons as Enterprise. It might be early Federation, Romulan war era? Maybe that's all completely off base, but the style of the ship doesn't fit with the established canon for TNG/DS9/VOY era ships at all.

Unfortunate acronym aside, I like the name of the show/ship. Straightforward and to the point.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3125 on: July 24, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
Q  : " Is the design of the Discovery, the CG and the titles, music all final ? "

A : " NO! We literally threw that together in 3 weeks just for something to show the fans. We'll be working on the design up until the end "

So there you go.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3126 on: July 24, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
The design was fine. Obviously the graphics were raw, but such is life.

My only gripe is that the design looks very very obviously old school. Which means the show will likely be set around TOS timeline, which I'm getting bored with. Like Blob, I was hoping for post-Nemesis, and the ship design doesn't suggest that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3127 on: July 24, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »
They also suggested that legally they might have problems with the design ( no permission from McQuarrie ? )

It might get a bit rounded out towards the final design.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3128 on: July 24, 2016, 02:08:46 PM »
So I'm not a starship geek like some people here ((looks towards Australia)). I've watched TWok-TVH while working around the house and I don't get the Enterprise-A. Isn't it just the same refitted Constitution class they've had since TMP? Did they just take a different ship and rename/number it? For some reason I always thought it was a completely different ship, or at the least refitted, but it didn't seem any different.

Also, the Discovery is a pretty goofy looking ship. The thing that irks me is that it doesn't seem to follow any evolutionary design with other starships. Something that struck me the other day is that the D is an oddball in that regard. It's like all starships have the same basic design features, until the D comes along, and then the E goes back to looking like they're supposed to. I can see how the Discovery could be an evolutionary step foward from the NX-01, the basic shape isn't all that different when seen from above/below, but it's the oppose direction to get to the NCC1701 Enterprise.

Lastly, I always enjoyed Gambit. Anytime Data gets a command it's always cool. And wasn't Curtis a Romulan playing a Vulkan playing a Romulan?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3129 on: July 24, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »
Data should theoretically be a good captain as he could just mimic Picard and have a subroutine called WWPD ?

He could relate circumstances to previous circumstances and remember what Picard did in those moments.

Plus he could think faster than Picard and probably has studied countless ships logs from countless other ships.

Also Guinan was the actual ship's counsellor . Troi just spouted cliches and basically said " shit happens, it'll probably get better. CHOCLIT NAO "

Offline Adami

« Reply #3130 on: July 24, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »
So I'm not a starship geek like some people here ((looks towards Australia)). I've watched TWok-TVH while working around the house and I don't get the Enterprise-A. Isn't it just the same refitted Constitution class they've had since TMP? Did they just take a different ship and rename/number it? For some reason I always thought it was a completely different ship, or at the least refitted, but it didn't seem any different.

Also, the Discovery is a pretty goofy looking ship. The thing that irks me is that it doesn't seem to follow any evolutionary design with other starships. Something that struck me the other day is that the D is an oddball in that regard. It's like all starships have the same basic design features, until the D comes along, and then the E goes back to looking like they're supposed to. I can see how the Discovery could be an evolutionary step foward from the NX-01, the basic shape isn't all that different when seen from above/below, but it's the oppose direction to get to the NCC1701 Enterprise.

No clue about the Enterprise A, never paid much attention. But there have been quite a number of Starfleet designs.

There really is no basic design outside of the fact that, I assume due to budget reasons, are usually exposed to the same 2-4 models in various shows.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3131 on: July 24, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »
Next Gen definitely gets better in series 2.

Series 1 has a lot of lofty dialogue that feels really out of place.

Thankfully Series 2 onwards does away with it for the most part.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3132 on: July 24, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »
" The Immunity Syndrome "

During the part when the bridge crew all double over with the feedback from the probe - Chekov looks like he has a bright ring on his head.

A toupee ?

Also the episode reminds me a bit of " Where Silence Has Lease ".

EDIT : Haha.. McCoy just said " Shut Up Spock , we're trying to rescue you. "

Reminded me of Into Darkness when he pretty much says the same thing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:15:52 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3133 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:48 PM »

I've never thought about that before, but you're right.  Remember though that other than TOS, TNG was all we had.  It was the first and only direct successor to TOS at the time and as such, Roddenberry probably felt the need to emphasize his personal vision of the future, and make sure we all understood that this is the same Star Trek as before, even if it's different.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3134 on: July 24, 2016, 04:33:09 PM »
It's really odd at times.

They'll be on the bridge and suddenly Wes will chuck out a vignette of insight about the human condition.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3135 on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
The Immunity Syndrome is during the fairly short window where WK didn't wear a wig or a rug. Koenig famously wore the Monkey's wig early on until his hair grew out, and then wore a toupee towards the end of the series when his hair was thinning.

And I'm a big fan of TIS. Great Spock episode. When they first raised the idea of using a shuttlecraft, Kirk was 100% opposed. "There's no fucking way I"m letting somebody go out there." Then Spock and McCoy started arguing about which one should do it and Kirk had up changed his mind. Seemed like they really played him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3136 on: July 24, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »
Whenever see you a shuttle enter the hangar - it's nearly half the height of the hangar doors. Which means a person would almost be as tall as the saucer section.

But yeah it was the 60s. They didn't care about those details.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3137 on: July 24, 2016, 11:40:40 PM »
Q  : " Is the design of the Discovery, the CG and the titles, music all final ? "

A : " NO! We literally threw that together in 3 weeks just for something to show the fans. We'll be working on the design up until the end "

So there you go.

They obviously needed something to show at SDCC for the name reveal. Others have pointed out that they didn't put the dots in U.S.S, and the font is more like the Kelvin timeline ships than the heavier font of the prime universe, so I expect some minor details to change at least. I wouldn't have expected them to reveal a design if it was still subject to major changes, but I'd be happy to see it changed more drastically.

I recall S2 being overall as bad or even worse than S1 (Wesley episodes aside). Once they got past the writer's strike in S3 is when it began to improve imo.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3138 on: July 27, 2016, 12:21:01 AM »
This might end up being a long messy post and that's my fault.
I had a full on Star Trek week last week and as much as I enjoy sharing my take and reading everybody's insight, I'm an incredibly lazy typer, which makes it worse for me since the amount of episodes I watched and wanna talk about accumulates and also I forgot some observations here and there.
So since I've last posted I've watched Obsession, Wolf in the Fold, The Trouble with Tribbles, The Gamesters of Triskelion, A Piece of the Action, Star Trek 2009, ST Into Darkness, and The Immunity Syndrome.
I haven't intended to see the movies anytime soon, I'll explain later.

Obsession, I liked it okay, basically for the scenes where Spock and McCoy ganged up on Kirk and questioned his mental state.

Wolf in the Fold, pretty boring with some funny highlights, not even a good Scotty episode even though he has a central role in it. It's one of these ST instances where I felt the premise couldn't carry the entire 50 minutes, "women are more easily and more deeply terrified, generating more sheer horror than the male of the species." Spock, can't rely on a Vulcan to be PC hehe

The Trouble with Tribbles, I must have rewinded the scene with Kirk chest deep in tribbles about 4 times, I laughed so hard, especially his exchange with McCoy where at one point he was too fed up to respond to McCoy with words and just gave him a "Don't" look heh, he kept getting hit in the back of the head by tribbles as he carried on the discussion :lol,  just a truly fun episode beginning to end.
They seem to keep taking Chekov's Russian nationalism up in tune, I wrote about this in previous posts and I still find it interesting.
Klingons just don't have any redeeming qualities as yet, they're consistent douchebags.

The Gamesters of Triskelion, eh.. decent concept but something was missing, perhaps the awful guest stars broke this episode for me.

A Piece of the Action, yeah baby, lil something for me here, I'm a big fan of 20's-40's gangster atmosphere, pretty funny and entertaining episode and a rather interesting concept with the whole culture being based around one book, I'm not sure if they meant to have it stand for religions or not but so far Star Trek has never been one for symbolism, if there's a point Kirk just out and says it in a speech at one point or another, but it's possible.

I was at Costco yesterday with my wife and she saw the trailer for Beyond on a TV there and:
Her: I'm really up for some science fiction, wanna go see that?
Me: As far as I know this is the third Star Trek movie of this franchise, I don't know anything about it.
Her: Look it up.
Me: I really don't want to since I'm trying to go in production order and I've got several seasons and movies of different incarnations of Star Trek to go through before I can see these.
Her: Are these reboots?
Me: I would assume so since I've just seen Spock in that trailer.
She went on to sell me on checking them out anyway, they had the first two movies on BluRay for 16$ so we got them and saw them back-to-back the same night.

Star Trek 2009, I started off prejudiced as soon as I saw Abrams in the beginning of the movie, I had vowed years ago to never watch anything by any dimwit that was involved in Lost, I have made a point out of remembering the creators names as to not ever see shit from them again. But there we were, I thought the mofo snuck up on me and boy has he won me back.
It would be difficult for me to understand how this movie isn't every fan's wet dreams, I found it amazing and I've only been a fan for a year or so and have only been watching TOS. It caters to old fans deliciously while still making new fans and being relevant to people who were never fans of Star Trek, like my wife. Excellent movie and I would have said the best movie I've seen this year except I watched Into Darkness right after and loved it even more.
Let me dwell a bit on why I loved these movies:
- Most of the cast seem to have been chosen because they resemble TOS cast and they have been clearly instructed to act like TOS cast, there was little to no "reinventing" shit,  Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban were playing Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley, respectively, the script didn't tell them anything, the portrayals of TOS actors seemed to have been their only guide and they somehow pulled it off without looking like hacks or stupid imitations, they were simply great. I could say the same about Chris Pine, who dialed down the "Shat" a bit but kept the Kirk's aura intact, about John Cho for Sulu and Anton Yelchin for Chekov.
Simon Pegg's Scotty and Zoe Saldana's Uhura were a tad different but not in a bad way, Pegg's Scotty is a bit too heavy on the comedy side than James Doohan and Saldana's Uhura was a bit too nosy, judgmental and involved compared to Nichelle Nichols, I'm not too fond of these changes but I don't mind them.
- I don't view this as a reboot, which is great. I find it to be a great and suitable direct continuation from TOS, aside from having Leonard Nimoy there, the story itself and the timeline change was just a great Star Trek style way to make these movies and still make them feel connected to the world they once started off in.
- All the catchphrases and subtle references were very endearing and directed at old fans, I mean I'm a new fan and I loved it.
- The action and the special effects were superb.
Khan, now if you guys remember I didn't like Space Seed and I know he returns for the 1982 movie but I haven't seen that yet so my take was still rather negative about him just from Space Seed. After watching Into Darkness I'm more assured that the only reason I didn't like Space Seed is the horrendous acting from the Khan and McGivers actors, but the plot is probably one of the best for TOS. Benedict Cumberbatch, who I have not seen in any role before but was aware of him, did a splendid job in my opinion, he was terrifying and likable, I dare compare his performance to Heath Ledger's Joker in that aspect.
I was not aware Cumberbatch was playing Khan at all, we were watching his scene in captivity when Kirk asked him who he was, "A remnant of a time long past. Genetically engineered to be superior so as to lead others to peace in a world at war." and I sat up and told my wife "Holy shit he's Khan!!!", poor lady was startled haha.
I just read on Wikipedia that there were some ciritism over Cumberbatch playing Khan, who's of native American origins, they say some said it was white washing which I didn't care for since he did a superb job and also the original Khan actor was Mexican ffs.
Wonderful movies, I can't wait to see the third one.
Gun to my head to say something I didn't like about the movies, I'd say the Spock/Uhura romance, just felt unnecessary, cheesy, forced and nonsensical tbh.

The Immunity Syndrome, back to TOS from the movies, good episode, first time seeing Kirk in an almost surrendering attitude, it was almost like he had felt his demise along with the crew was certain and one point in this episode, he never really gotten to that point, it almost looked like he was at peace with it too!
My wife doesn't watch TOS with me but she walked in near the end of the episode and watched a bit as she was warmed up to the Enterprise crew from watching the movies the night before and funny enough she made the same point I just read from Kotowboy about Spock being left out on a mission to die, Kirk and McCoy being on the bridge struggling for a way to bring him back and McCoy saying "Spock! We're trying to save you, damn it!", my wife asked me if this happens often and I told her honestly I've only seen it on Into Darkness and this episode, just coincidence that I happened to see them around the same time.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3139 on: July 27, 2016, 12:46:44 AM »
Cumberbatch as Khan was a fucking travesty in every way. Watching Into Darkness before The Wrath of Khan is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3140 on: July 27, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
Cumberbatch as Khan was a fucking travesty in every way. Watching Into Darkness before The Wrath of Khan is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. :lol
Yeah, pretty much.

The Gamesters of Triskelion, eh.. decent concept but something was missing, perhaps the awful guest stars broke this episode for me.
I liked Gall, but the blond porno chick was pretty terrible.

Pegg's Scotty is a bit too heavy on the comedy side than James Doohan
As the movies went on they turned Doohan into comedic relief. The Abrams films just treat him the same.

The Trouble with Tribbles,
Klingons just don't have any redeeming qualities as yet, they're consistent douchebags.

TTWT was a decent episode, but I always felt it a bit overrated (it's usually ranked in the top 3 or so). Mostly I just always thought that particular Klingon was a bit of a fairy. Of the three starring Klingons of that era, who will all show up later in DS9, Kang and Kor were great, and Koloth was weak.

DS9 will revisit TTWT giving it the Forest Gump treatment and it's a great episode. I actually like their version of it better than the original.

E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3141 on: July 27, 2016, 02:53:36 PM »
Encounter At Farpoint

Q : You will solve the mystery of Farpoint Station.

Picard : Data, scan the station

Data : There is a lifeform trapped under the surface

Q : You win.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3142 on: July 27, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
Code Of Honour.

Wow the cold open to this episode is VERY Original Series.

Right down to the music and the visiting race.

Edit : The music is so bad :lol 

Almost every single line of dialogue has a music cue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:49:11 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3143 on: July 28, 2016, 01:50:43 AM »
Barto and Blob, kinda had a hunch you guys were gonna say that, I didn't intend to watch these movies yet as I detailed in my post, it's the misses heh
I doubt that whoever plays Khan in The Wrath of Khan would impress me more than Cumberbatch but I'm gonna go in with an open mind, but I would ask you; if Into Darkness had been exactly the same only Cumberbatch's character wasn't called Khan and it was just a different character with a similar backstory or even if they made out the person who's been woken up (Cumberbatch) to be someone else from Khan's people, would it have worked better for you? Or was your problem in Cumberbatch himself?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3144 on: July 28, 2016, 02:35:15 AM »
Barto and Blob, kinda had a hunch you guys were gonna say that, I didn't intend to watch these movies yet as I detailed in my post, it's the misses heh
I doubt that whoever plays Khan in The Wrath of Khan would impress me more than Cumberbatch but I'm gonna go in with an open mind, but I would ask you; if Into Darkness had been exactly the same only Cumberbatch's character wasn't called Khan and it was just a different character with a similar backstory or even if they made out the person who's been woken up (Cumberbatch) to be someone else from Khan's people, would it have worked better for you? Or was your problem in Cumberbatch himself?

Into Darkness was utter garbage regardless of the inclusion of Khan/Cumberbatch, but it would have been slightly less of a giant slap to the franchise and the fans if they'd at least cast someone who looked and acted anything at all like Khan is supposed to be, instead of some soft spoken pasty British dude. He wasn't right for the part, Khan or not. It was awful casting in an already awful movie.
And that "whoever" is RICARDO FUCKING MONTALBAN! He IS Khan.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3145 on: July 28, 2016, 04:53:41 AM »
Yup.

The Wrath of Khan > > > > > Into Darkness.

Montalban > > > > > > Cumberbatch

Even though I liked Cumberbatch in the movie - he wasn't playing Khan.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3146 on: July 28, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »
It certainly would have been a better movie if he'd just stayed plain ole John Harrison rather than secretly being Khan and if they'd ditched the resurrection ending. It still would have been a Star Trek related action flick. And honestly, I thought there was a whole lot more wrong with it than just trying to rip off The Wrath of Khan.

Yup. And boy is he pissed off.

E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3147 on: July 28, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
Whoa Blob calm the fuck down dude, can't disagree with you without you going full on youtube-commentator  :eek
Let me reply the way I reply to youtube commentators, with translation for Barto.

Into Darkness was utter garbage

No, it was awesome.
(Chill discussion guy: I liked it a lot and that means something when I'm bias against Abrams, I've truly hated the guy for years. But then again I understand old fans frustrations with changes.)

He's awful.
(Chill discussion guy: I really didn't like him in Space Seed and I've repeatedly mentioned that's all I've seen of him, I'm pretty sure he'll be better in Wrath of Khan since it's unanimously praised.)

A Private Little War, the interesting thing about this episode is that it highlights the prime directive, possibly the first time it get that's much attention from the main plot as far as I remember, I only heard the term on Into Darkness and I looked it up thinking it's a set of rule and found out it was mainly one rule and that makes it really important so I kinda found it funny how Kirk genuinely does not give a fuck about that rule or just always forgets it and somehow doesn't get punished for it, this episode is not the first time Kirk interferes with problems of a primitive planet, or just a planet that has a way of life he finds to be wrong.
The Tyree/Nona thing was pretty annoying and I thought the concept of agents of two advanced civilization arming and meddling in the affairs of a primitive planet could have been explored so much better, it obviously has Cold War hints. Instead we got way too much focus on Nona and her magic.
7 episodes left in season 2 and then it will be just one season to go, it's gonna be sad when I finish this show but I don't feel like taking another hiatus.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3148 on: July 28, 2016, 11:40:06 PM »
Whoa Blob calm the fuck down dude, can't disagree with you without you going full on youtube-commentator  :eek

I'm passionate about my Star Trek. Also I'm an asshole. Also you're too incredibly wrong about this for me to give a more calm response. :lol

Just watch The Wrath of Khan and get back to us. You wouldn't even miss out on anything skipping over The Motion Picture as it's effectively ignored.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3149 on: July 29, 2016, 03:22:59 AM »
Just found this thread, and I'm to much of a lightweight to read all 90 pages - so forgive me if this has been done before...

What's people's preference of the ST shows so far?  For me...

1. DS9
2. TOS
3. TNG.
4. Enterprise.
5. Voyager.

1 & 2 are so close.  Heart says TOS.  Head says DS9. 
TNG is isolated in 3rd - Not near the quality of the top two, but way above 4 and 5.
4 & 5 are pretty much interchangable - gone with Ent as the better as it doesn't have Neelix!