Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 645753 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #3885 on: May 23, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
I was actually wondering that myself. I just assumed it was one of the Children of the Forest

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3886 on: May 23, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »
Interesting that the episode that introduces time travel in a sense was a first GoT episode for director Jack Bender who happened to also direct the TV show Lost.

Anyone else pick up on Jon calling them walkers  :lol.  I think LF may have been BSing Sansa about the Blackfish.  I don't think the Freys would just let House Tully take back over Riverrun building an army.  This info only came out of LF when he was threatened. 

The red priestess in Mereen also wears the same type of necklace.  Wonder how old she is.

Any chance Benjen returns and saves Bran?  Meera can't drag him very quickly and Im guessing the white walkers will be hunting him down now.

I hope the show doesn't overdo it with the time travel aspect.

I know I keep mentioning this plot line, but I'm still thinking she has a part to play since now we're talking about regrouping the North, but what if a certain someone is back in Riverrun and responsible for them rebuilding their army?

That red priestess is pretty damn gorgeous.

I still wonder if Benjen is alive out there. I mean, every major character that has been on the show has had their death officially confirmed on screen except for Benjen and The Hound.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3887 on: May 23, 2016, 05:04:54 PM »
And Stannis, but I think Stannis is the exception personally, plus Brienne is honorable and said she killed him.

I think the character you are hinting at is definitely possible.  Also, if Riverrun has an army, I do wonder what that means for the Brotherhood without Banners as well.  Since these are all related... plus Brienne is headed to the Riverlands...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3888 on: May 23, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »
Any chance Benjen returns and saves Bran?  Meera can't drag him very quickly and Im guessing the white walkers will be hunting him down now.

This really seems like the only option to save them, there aren't any other allies that we know of on that side of the wall with the capabilities to save them. Maybe he's crafted a sword of Dragon glass? It'd be neat to see him again in that fashion....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3889 on: May 23, 2016, 07:24:59 PM »
Did Benjen get a mention in an episode recently?  I feel like he has but I may just be getting it mixed up with something I read.  It would be cool if he was the one to save them.

Tying in with that other fan theory that someone posted that is rumoured to have 'nailed' the ending, it would be interesting if Benjen has been making some sort of peace with the walkers all this time, seeing as he is a stark. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3890 on: May 23, 2016, 07:37:02 PM »
Did Benjen get a mention in an episode recently?  I feel like he has but I may just be getting it mixed up with something I read.

Ollie was the most recent to mention him, he used the name to lure out Jon Snow to the Julius Caesar scene.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:01:57 PM by Progmetty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3891 on: May 23, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
@Progmetty,  You mean the children of the forest? They were mentioned in the season 4 finale.

Yeah I remember "children of the forest" being mentioned a few times here and there but I made no connection between the term and the creature who appeared suddenly without introduction.
Upon further research I found that it was indeed the very creature that rescued the Bran gang and brought them inside the raven's cave in season 4 but as you see she didn't look anything like the ones we're seeing now.
I can see how it would throw people off, I actually liked the character look in the S4 finale, the child of the forest looks like a botox job gone bad in this season.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #3892 on: May 23, 2016, 07:47:34 PM »
Supposed cast list for the next episode:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4283054/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Potential spoiler there, with a character "beyond the wall".

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3893 on: May 23, 2016, 07:54:07 PM »
ooh.  HBO confirmed?  Could be a troll.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3894 on: May 23, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
Did Benjen get a mention in an episode recently?  I feel like he has but I may just be getting it mixed up with something I read.

Ollie was the most recent to mention him, he used the name to lure out Jon Snow to the Julius Caesar scene.

Benjen also got a mention this season, during Bran's first flashback to Winterfell. And even though no one said his name, he was also in the latest episode. Both as a kid though.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3895 on: May 24, 2016, 05:45:50 AM »
And Stannis, but I think Stannis is the exception personally, plus Brienne is honorable and said she killed him.

I think the character you are hinting at is definitely possible.  Also, if Riverrun has an army, I do wonder what that means for the Brotherhood without Banners as well.  Since these are all related... plus Brienne is headed to the Riverlands...

Brienne said that she executed Stannis, so we have that confirmation.

What if they do run into the Brotherhood and they find out Jon was brought back by Melisandre. That should be interesting. So much could happen on the road going there because you know it's not just going to be a simple excursion there and back.

Supposed cast list for the next episode:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4283054/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Potential spoiler there, with a character "beyond the wall".

I see we have the Tarlys and like you said a "Brother Beyond the Wall" played by the same actor as...

No Jon Snow or any of that group listed. We have a wait another whole week for an update on their travels.  grrr

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3896 on: May 24, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »
Wow that kind of sucks if HBO spoiled it with the cast.

So the Wall was built by Bran the Builder (makes you start to wonder who this Bran was?) with the help of the Children of the Forest.  Does the wall have the same magical ability as the cave did to not let white walkers pass?  Is it possible the White Walkers push Bran to cross the wall and that is how the White Walkers are able to pass through?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3897 on: May 24, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »
Last episode broke me emotionally. Bad.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3898 on: May 24, 2016, 01:54:14 PM »
Can I just say Tormund and Briennes scene!  :lol

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3899 on: May 24, 2016, 01:57:35 PM »
I'd like to see that intense sex scene!
Or do I.. :justjen
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #3900 on: May 24, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »
Why Hodor? If anyone deserves not to die....

:'(
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3901 on: May 24, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »
Didn't someone posted a link a while back to a fan theory about Hodor that proved correct? I swear I have read already the "Hold the door" connection, but maybe it was in reference to the Tower of Joy flashback.

So... the Children of the Forest made the Others / the White Walkers? weren't they at war with each other?

Also, is it me or all the White Walkers are played by the same four dudes? I swear that a long haired one is the same that Jon killed in Hardhome.

Loved however the badass way they walked through fire, all looking like "yeah bitches think fire can stop us", haha!

And what a real life lesson from Varys. "I suppose it's hard for a fanatic to admit a mistake. Isn't that the whole point of being a fanatic? You're always right. Everything is the Lord's will."

Finally, about Littlefinger's endgame... I'm a bit puzzled about it myself. He probably wants to take the credit for bringing the decisive factor into the battle for the North - the large army of the Vale (so he has the Vale for himself, the gratitude of the North, and maybe he crushes the Freys since he's at it), but why did he give Sansa to Ramsay in the first place, since he seems to care for her in his own warped way? he needed to "park" her away to let Cersei know he's still on her side since he couldn't kept her hidden forever?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3902 on: May 24, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »
So... the Children of the Forest made the Others / the White Walkers? weren't they at war with each other?
They made them thousands of years ago. Clearly it went wrong and they ended up at war with them.

Also, is it me or all the White Walkers are played by the same four dudes? I swear that a long haired one is the same that Jon killed in Hardhome.
Yes, that is the same one - The Night's King.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3903 on: May 24, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »
Didn't someone posted a link a while back to a fan theory about Hodor that proved correct? I swear I have read already the "Hold the door" connection, but maybe it was in reference to the Tower of Joy flashback.

You're right on both counts. I remember laughing at the ridiculousness of the 'hold the door' theory, and thought it was tacky af, but the way the show handled it made it so powerful and moving.  And it was much better than the original theory of 'Wyllis holds the door for Lyanna and gets bumped on the head by an attacker' or whatever it was.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3904 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:05 PM »
Can I just say Tormund and Briennes scene!  :lol

Oh man, the best part is Brienne's reaction. The gif left it out.   :lol

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3906 on: May 24, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »
Shit. It just hit me that the name of the episode was The Door. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3907 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:35 AM »
Anyone else think Sansa may be pregnant with Ramsay's baby?  That convo with LF seemed like she could have been hinting that and obviously he planted his seed.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #3908 on: May 25, 2016, 02:07:36 AM »
Anyone else think Sansa may be pregnant with Ramsay's baby?  That convo with LF seemed like she could have been hinting that and obviously he planted his seed.

Now that's interesting. When she said something like "I can feel it in my body as I stand here", I assumed she was talking about some sort of physical injury, but you could be on to something with the pregnancy angle. If it turns out she is bearing Ramsay's child, it gives him fresh motivation for getting her back.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3909 on: May 25, 2016, 02:53:20 AM »
Stop.Killing.Off. Direwolfs!!!!  >:(
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3910 on: May 25, 2016, 05:20:53 AM »
Stop.Killing.Off. Direwolfs!!!!  >:(

I know, right? That irritates me more than anything.

Now that's interesting. When she said something like "I can feel it in my body as I stand here", I assumed she was talking about some sort of physical injury, but you could be on to something with the pregnancy angle. If it turns out she is bearing Ramsay's child, it gives him fresh motivation for getting her back.

That's something to consider. The show/book has never been good at saying things outright. They both leave hints and suggestions that are loaded with answers.

I'm re-reading the first book and writing down everything that foretells possible events yet to come. GRRM said he left hints regarding the ending throughout the already released books, so I'll find them. I'm almost done with AGOT. This will be the perfect topic to start off my blog.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3911 on: May 25, 2016, 05:57:49 AM »

No, not the Night King, which has short / no hair. The White Walker that was killed in the last episode (with long hair) reminds me terribly the one that Jon killed in Hardhome, or even the one that was killed by Sam, either I have bad photographic memory, or the actor(s) get reused, or they have 3-4 stock makeups of White Walkers so they all look the same.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3912 on: May 25, 2016, 06:09:49 AM »
It's not the same White Walker. They do look similar, but it's not the same one.

Also, the Children were at war with men, but suddenly White Walkers came out of nowhere so men and the Children had to ally to beat them. That all we've known until now.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3913 on: May 25, 2016, 06:11:05 AM »

No, not the Night King, which has short / no hair. The White Walker that was killed in the last episode (with long hair) reminds me terribly the one that Jon killed in Hardhome, or even the one that was killed by Sam, either I have bad photographic memory, or the actor(s) get reused, or they have 3-4 stock makeups of White Walkers so they all look the same.

That's right, the Night King wasn't killed.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3914 on: May 25, 2016, 07:34:58 AM »
And who is the Night King? We saw the Children creating him right? He was human and they didn't show his face. I'm assuming its someone we know about that went missing? I haven't read the books, so I don't know if thats part of history that I'm just not aware of?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3915 on: May 25, 2016, 08:01:55 AM »

Aha, sorry, I'd misunderstood. The only one I find particularly distinguishable is the Night's King, so I'd assumed you meant him. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3916 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
And who is the Night King? We saw the Children creating him right? He was human and they didn't show his face. I'm assuming its someone we know about that went missing? I haven't read the books, so I don't know if thats part of history that I'm just not aware of?

They showed his face very clearly. And it was 8000 years ago, so I doubt it's someone we know.

There is a figure in old legends known in the books as the Night's King, but his story is very different so I'm starting to doubt they're the same guy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3917 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
The "first White Walker" shown in this past episode is not the Night's King, unless the show is significantly rewriting the lore of Westeros.  The Night's King wasn't the first Walker.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3918 on: May 25, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
I'm re-reading the first book and writing down everything that foretells possible events yet to come.

I hope you have a lot of paper.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3919 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »
The "first White Walker" shown in this past episode is not the Night's King,

It is though, the creators said it is. Though I don't think they're rewriting the story of the Night King from the books, maybe just using that name for the villain here.