Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Hello Darkness.....  (Read 26556 times)

Anguyen92 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Hello Darkness.....
« Reply #1015 on: Today at 11:21:50 AM »
The Bruins are going to blow a second straight 3-1 series lead  OR   the Leafs are going to lose a 6th straight Game 7.

Both are a swift kick in the nuts
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1016 on: Today at 11:42:39 AM »
I think there's a little bit more pressure on Boston.  The Leafs are already "dead man walking".  Win or lose, there still likely going to be significant changes - Shanny and Keefe/coaches gassed; maybe some roster changes.  Honestly, an appearance in the finals is the only thing I can see saving Shanny and Keefe.  And maybe still Keith Pelley moves on from Shanny regardless.  So, at some level, the Leafs have nothing to lose, cuz (as Dangle said in his LFR channel), this is already Zombie-Leafs.

Boston is not only playing the Leafs, they're playing against their recent history.  Plus, they're on home ice.

All that said, I still think Boston gets back to their game a little, and dusts off the Leafs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1017 on: Today at 12:04:07 PM »
I think there's a little bit more pressure on Boston.  The Leafs are already "dead man walking".  Win or lose, there still likely going to be significant changes - Shanny and Keefe/coaches gassed; maybe some roster changes.  Honestly, an appearance in the finals is the only thing I can see saving Shanny and Keefe.  And maybe still Keith Pelley moves on from Shanny regardless.  So, at some level, the Leafs have nothing to lose, cuz (as Dangle said in his LFR channel), this is already Zombie-Leafs.

Boston is not only playing the Leafs, they're playing against their recent history.  Plus, they're on home ice.

All that said, I still think Boston gets back to their game a little, and dusts off the Leafs.

100% agree. I wouldn't even say 'a little bit more'......I'd say ALL the pressure is on Boston. As you've said....no matter what happens there is a come to Jesus moment going to happen within the  Leaf's organization after this season is over for them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind