Poll

Why are you still checking out this thread? The roulette has been completed for ages

For the sake of nostalgia
0 (0%)
I have no life so I am reading through old roulettes for entertainment
0 (0%)
Train of Naught
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2016, 01:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Train of Naught Roulette II v. MURAMASA... MASAMUNE  (Read 125045 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Everyone was waiting for it. Only TWO songs in so far?! Stop slacking guys give me some songs already JEEEEZ
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Yes
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I still have to send to Mike and he posted results like 4 days ago, so you might have to wait 6 days

Offline Tomislav95

Sent!
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent. I'll probably get a low score for this and then I'm sending some cheesy power metal in the last round.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Sounds perfect!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I've had my round 7 song planned since the start but I need to figure out something to send that I can get a bonus for

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
I'm deciding between two.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline 425

Alright, I guess that's about what I expected. I'm glad it grew on you later on. I think it's one of the great prog instrumentals, but I understand why you wouldn't like something that sits on one or two themes for so long. I really like those kind of songs—Stream of Consciousness is probably in my top 20 DT songs at this point and all four Metallica instrumentals are for sure in my top 20 of their songs—but I get why someone wouldn't love it as much. But I do appreciate that you got into a lot of the super Rush-y elements and flourished, which are of course an essential part of what makes it so good.

If you haven't, listen to La Villa Strangiato. It's their other big instrumental and is probably less repetitive and way crazier with the guitar stuff. I was debating whether I should send it or YYZ. I can understand not being wild about Ged's voice, but Rush is just so crazy awesome from an instrumental perspective that I gotta love them anyway.

I'm fine with that score, too. I'm hoping for a little better the next two rounds, for which I plan to send bonuses, but there's still one person in the top five who has the same raw score as me, so I can't be doing too poorly.

I'll send tomorrow, I'm basically looking at two artists and 2-3 options for each one—but in each case one is over 11 minutes and the others are not, so I need to decide a) which order I'm going to send them in, and b) which one is going to serve as my 11+ submission.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yeah I'm glad I ended up really liking it. Instrumentals haven't had a really good track record in this roulette so far and I think that's the best one yet. :lol Deep Channel got the same score I think, it's an instrumental but was used for world music IIRC. It makes it seem like I hate instrumentals

Got 5 songs now

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
I'm glad you liked Nothing More! I think you'll enjoy their self-titled album a lot :azn: The singer reminds me a lot of the singer of Fair to Midland, they both use this awesome combination of clean and harsh vocals and use their fingers on their throat to produce vibrato.

Also sent for final bonus point, a not too wel known song from a very well known band. It's simple yet beautiful and is probably not going to score me much points  :lol
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
It's simple yet beautiful and is probably not going to score me much points  :lol

I hope so! :biggrin:

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent something that I'm fully prepared for you to hate, biggest risk taken so far  :metal

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Sent through Spotify.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'm glad you liked Nothing More! I think you'll enjoy their self-titled album a lot :azn: The singer reminds me a lot of the singer of Fair to Midland, they both use this awesome combination of clean and harsh vocals and use their fingers on their throat to produce vibrato.
Cool! Didn't know Fair To Midland had harsh vocals aswell. I loved that vibrato technique on The Wife, The Kids and The White Picket Fence (or whatever it was called :lol) too, sounded lovely.

Offline 425

I know I said I'd send today, but it'll actually probably be in about 12 hours.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I've settled on a band, just have to choose a song; expect my submission sometime during the day today.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
That's fine guys. Just need Parama then as soon as I have both your songs

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Sent.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
blame mike for me not having sent you a song yet tbh. i haven't even thought about what to send because i need to send something with a bonus point (round 7 song is set in stone tho, but i'm not sending it until round 7)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
blame luke too because i had three bonus point songs lined up from the start and then he went ahead and sent one of the ones i was going to send  :loser:

Offline twosuitsluke

blame luke too because i had three bonus point songs lined up from the start and then he went ahead and sent one of the ones i was going to send  :loser:

Hate the game, not the (opportunistic) player  :loser:

I was just glad you didn't send it before I got the chance to. Let's be honest though, there's enough music out there that it shouldn't be too much of a struggle. Just wait until you see the 0/10 song I sent.

Train, any chance of hangman? Interested to see if anyone will get mine  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
the thing is, i go out of my way to avoid stepping on toes with my entries so it really bothers me when someone doesn't extend the same courtesy  :lol
especially with a band that i'm pretty sure i singlehandedly introduced to dtf culture, but w/e

Offline twosuitsluke

the thing is, i go out of my way to avoid stepping on toes with my entries so it really bothers me when someone doesn't extend the same courtesy  :lol
especially with a band that i'm pretty sure i singlehandedly introduced to dtf culture, but w/e

Well I'm new enough around here for people not to know if they are stepping on my toes and I'm not familiar enough with others tastes to know if I'm stepping on their toes. To be fair I heard of OoS via Ne Obliviscaris's Facebook page when they linked the video for Winter after announcing they were touring with them. I LOVED it on first listen but it wasn't until after that I realised it was one of the albums I kept seeing mentioned on the "What Album are you Listening to" thread, after that I did realise it was a band you pimped.

However as you hadn't sent them early on I thought maybe you had thought it wouldn't be to Trains tastes or something.

No offence meant dude  :biggrin:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
tbh i'm just being salty anyways, you should join my mini-roulette when it starts up (probably next week if splent gets his round 10 results up)  :tup

Offline twosuitsluke

tbh i'm just being salty anyways, you should join my mini-roulette when it starts up (probably next week if splent gets his round 10 results up)  :tup

I'll be up for it, pretty sure I can find some out there stuff for you. You don't seem too easy to please but I like a challenge, it might make it easier if I assume you will hate everything I send  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Once you send something in the roulette, it's free game as far as I'm concerned, so no offense but you can stick this courtesy up your ass or something. :biggrin: Speaking of that, I really wonder why no one's sending David Gilmour in the roulettes, his songs usually get some favourable write-ups/scores.

Anyway, thankfully your entries are usually so shitty weird and not up my alley you've got nothing to worry about. :lol

Offline 425

Once you send something in the roulette, it's free game as far as I'm concerned, so no offense but you can stick this courtesy up your ass or something. :biggrin: Speaking of that, I really wonder why no one's sending David Gilmour in the roulettes, his songs usually get some favourable write-ups/scores.

I go for something in between these two. Like, yes, I agree it's always fair game, but I also try not to be annoying about it. Like I probably wouldn't send David Maxim Micic in a roulette that had Sacul in it. I think popular bands are much more "fair game" than personal favorites.

I also think that late in a roulette it's much more of anything goes. Like, I remember I sent Lorde once in a roulette that Parama was in, but that wasn't until round 6 or later, after I'd given a lot of time for him to send it.

Just sent something with a bonus! Hopefully you like it and I'm set up nicely for a final push next round, for which I have a bit of an epic teed up (so long as no one bogarts my artist, in which case who knows what I'll do).
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Tomislav95

I'll be up for it, pretty sure I can find some out there stuff for you. You don't seem too easy to please
:zydarscouch:
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
So, I sent for my final bonus this round, and apparently I sent the band that ToN was hoping to get when creating that particular bonus - so unless hopes and reality are supremely at odds, then that should be a good sign.  :D

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

I go for something in between these two. Like, yes, I agree it's always fair game, but I also try not to be annoying about it. Like I probably wouldn't send David Maxim Micic in a roulette that had Sacul in it. I think popular bands are much more "fair game" than personal favorites.

I also think that late in a roulette it's much more of anything goes. Like, I remember I sent Lorde once in a roulette that Parama was in, but that wasn't until round 6 or later, after I'd given a lot of time for him to send it.

Just sent something with a bonus! Hopefully you like it and I'm set up nicely for a final push next round, for which I have a bit of an epic teed up (so long as no one bogarts my artist, in which case who knows what I'll do).

I was mostly just fucking with Parama at this point. :lol

Seriously though, I try to avoid being annoying with it except for the instances when I feel I more or less know the person in question and they won't be offended by my choice (mostly happened with Chad). But sometimes I just send something on a whim (like I did with Bodies of Water in mike's).

But hey, I probably won't send David Maxim Micic in the roulettes for the same reasons I won't send Native Construct in the roulettes.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
You are allergic to actually sending good music, is that the reason? :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i think you sent Lorde after I was cut from a roulette  :lol

also evermind, i don't think i'd ever send a single thing you've sent in roulettes, aside from bodies of water ofc :P

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
also evermind, i don't think i'd ever send a single thing you've sent in roulettes, aside from bodies of water ofc :P

You are allergic to actually sending good music, is that the reason? :P