Author Topic: Celebrity death thread  (Read 27372 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Celebrity death thread
« Reply #595 on: May 18, 2024, 01:27:15 PM »
I remember Cloak & Dagger. That was a cool flick. I also vaguely recall Slap Maxwell.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #596 on: May 18, 2024, 07:22:21 PM »
I'd LOVE to meet Ozzy. I'm jealous of your experience.  :)
I wish I had pics. I remember one specific time at Middle town fair grounds when they had trailers for backstage and I had about an hour with him and Geezer reminiscing about old Sabbath days. I wish I could do it again because I spent so much time with Zakk, Ozzy and Tony Dennis (his personal assistant and a great dude as well) that I took it for granted being so young. I NEVER acted like a crazy fanboy or starstruck at all which is probably why Zakk and I were so close for about a decade. I met Zakk at the Cat Club in NYC on his first Ozzy tour,, at the time I was friends with a local band that was playing.. Zakk came up to me and said he and Randy Castillo wanted to jam with them.... So that happened and we became friends... Eventually life happened and we lost touch but I did get to see him on the Zakk Sabbath tour in I think 2018... He is truly a humble dude. Good times.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #597 on: May 20, 2024, 09:31:02 AM »
Who would have thought that Ozzy would have outlived Dio by 14 years? I'm not gonna count out him and Keith Richards just yet.
One of these days, Keith Richards is going to die ON STAGE and no one will even notice.

Hell, could have happened already.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #598 on: May 20, 2024, 09:44:58 AM »
I wish I had pics. I remember one specific time at Middle town fair grounds when they had trailers for backstage and I had about an hour with him and Geezer reminiscing about old Sabbath days. I wish I could do it again because I spent so much time with Zakk, Ozzy and Tony Dennis (his personal assistant and a great dude as well) that I took it for granted being so young. I NEVER acted like a crazy fanboy or starstruck at all which is probably why Zakk and I were so close for about a decade. I met Zakk at the Cat Club in NYC on his first Ozzy tour,, at the time I was friends with a local band that was playing.. Zakk came up to me and said he and Randy Castillo wanted to jam with them.... So that happened and we became friends... Eventually life happened and we lost touch but I did get to see him on the Zakk Sabbath tour in I think 2018... He is truly a humble dude. Good times.

Now you're just fucking with me. HAHAHAHA, I'm kidding.  I've always thought Geezer came off as a very thoughtful man, and I really enjoyed his book.  Ozzy has the image to live up to, but Geezer didn't.  I'd like to think I'd be able to carry a normal conversation in that circumstance, but it would be a test of my will for sure to not fanboy the hell out of that!  :)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #599 on: May 20, 2024, 10:38:48 AM »
One of these days, Keith Richards is going to die ON STAGE and no one will even notice.

Hell, could have happened already.
My dad likes to say Keith Richards has been dead for 25 years.....or at least looks like it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Glasser

« Reply #600 on: May 20, 2024, 10:46:54 AM »
My dad likes to say Keith Richards has been dead for 25 years.....or at least looks like it.

He did die..... Nobody told him yet.  :omg:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2024, 11:02:38 AM »
Dabney Coleman was ubiquitous in the '80s.  Very versatile.  War Games was one of my favorite movies of my teen years.  I'll still stop down and watch when it shows up on TV now and then.  He's been in so many things.  I'm confident that if I looked at his filmography, I'd have multiple moments of "oh yeah...I loved that one!"
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2024, 11:09:45 AM »
Dabney Coleman was ubiquitous in the '80s.  Very versatile.  War Games was one of my favorite movies of my teen years.  I'll still stop down and watch when it shows up on TV now and then.  He's been in so many things.  I'm confident that if I looked at his filmography, I'd have multiple moments of "oh yeah...I loved that one!"

I loved him in Modern Problems with Chevy Chase. Total classic!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2024, 11:32:18 AM »
I loved him in Modern Problems with Chevy Chase. Total classic!
That movie is so fun.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #604 on: May 27, 2024, 11:18:41 AM »
Bill Walton, 71.

Cancer. He was a legend, especially for his career at UCLA. Also a noted activist and Dead Head of course.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #605 on: May 27, 2024, 11:31:52 AM »
Damn.  One of the greatest ever.  Probably on my Mt. Rushmore of Centres.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2024, 12:39:52 PM »
I am only old enough to remember him playing with those Celtic teams, and my dad telling me he was elite level but was now at the twilight of his career. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'