Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 92341 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
I left at 1-0 to walk to the store next door and get milk.  Came back a few minutes later and it was 4-0. :eek :eek :eek

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1051 on: May 17, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »
What'd you do, milk a cow?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1052 on: May 17, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
Milk this, bitch. :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2017, 07:02:44 PM »
You must be speaking to some udder guy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
 :lol :lol

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:55 PM »
Looks like Pittsburgh is out of gas. The puck flip out of the zone doesn't work against the trap, and the remaining dmen just aren't good enough with the puck to make good passes or fast enough to skate it out.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »
Gotta hand it to the Sens, I thought this was where they would crumble. They look damn fine.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1057 on: May 17, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
Man, I hope the Sens are this boring every game for the rest of the playoffs  :loser:

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
Do they go with Murray for Game 4?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »
If I'm Pittsburgh, I'd still play Fleury for game 4. If it turns out like this again then you go with Murray the rest of the way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »
Do they go with Murray for Game 4?

This is the last thing Sullivan needed.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
It's the last thing the team needed  :lol

I gotta imagine there might be a split in the locker room after this game
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
It's the last thing the team needed  :lol

I gotta imagine there might be a split in the locker room after this game

Nah. You go with Fleury for game 4, no question. He has gotten you this far and has played great. They lose game 4 and he doesn't look good then I'm with Rattlehead, your back is against the wall and you need a change, that's the earliest you start Murray.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
I agree, and I gotta imagine that Fleury is gonna come back hungry on Friday. Looking forward to it.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1064 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »
Gotta hand it to the Sens, I thought this was where they would crumble. They look damn fine.

My post eight above said "pens tired," but I agree with this as well. They know how to play within their system.
If I'm Pittsburgh, I'd still play Fleury for game 4. If it turns out like this again then you go with Murray the rest of the way.

Exactly. They're here because of fleury, you have to give him more than one bad start before going to Murray. I would be extremely disappointed if they benched Fleury.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1065 on: May 18, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »

My post eight above said "pens tired," but I agree with this as well. They know how to play within their system.

Exactly. They're here because of fleury, you have to give him more than one bad start before going to Murray. I would be extremely disappointed if they benched Fleury.

QFT. Sens played great, Pens might be hitting that wall I talked about in this thread before. These dudes have played a lot of hockey over the last two years.

Also, Flower is this team's playoff MVP so far, you have to go back to him for the next game. If Sullivan doesn't that will be the first major decision I disagree with him on since he took the job.

Also - I know all the "whoa boring Sens, look at them now" posts are jokes, but you guys understand that they were really boring in the first couple games and came out tonight and played completely different? So, yeah they were boring, but they weren't last night because they played differently, they actually tried to generate scoring plays.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1066 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
they actually tried to generate scoring plays.

They didn't just try. :biggrin:
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1067 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »

:lol For sure, don't get me wrong, when my team gets beat I have no problem admitting it. I just don't get the "boring" comments, I'm seeing it other places too. It would make sense if the Sens played exactly the same way in game 3 that they did in games 1 and 2. That would prove that what they were doing wasn't boring. But they didn't. They came out and played totally different.

Anyway, it was a rough night for the Pens, and I'm starting to wonder if this is it for them this year. Combination of tired bodies, injuries, two very emotional rounds, poor execution, and a Sens team that seems to be peaking at the right time. At this point, nothing in this series would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sens won. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pens won.

I'm just curious to see how it plays out, it'll be interesting.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1068 on: May 18, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »

:lol For sure, don't get me wrong, when my team gets beat I have no problem admitting it. I just don't get the "boring" comments, I'm seeing it other places too. It would make sense if the Sens played exactly the same way in game 3 that they did in games 1 and 2. That would prove that what they were doing wasn't boring. But they didn't. They came out and played totally different.

Anyway, it was a rough night for the Pens, and I'm starting to wonder if this is it for them this year. Combination of tired bodies, injuries, two very emotional rounds, poor execution, and a Sens team that seems to be peaking at the right time. At this point, nothing in this series would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sens won. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pens won.

I'm just curious to see how it plays out, it'll be interesting.

I still remain positive the Penguins have the ability to take control and win this series, no problem. Their offense has to play the precise and high intensity style they are known for to keep the Sens pinned like they did in game 2. I know it can be frustrating, but if they grind it out they can take control and win the series.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1069 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »
I still remain positive the Penguins have the ability to take control and win this series, no problem. Their offense has to play the precise and high intensity style they are known for to keep the Sens pinned like they did in game 2. I know it can be frustrating, but if they grind it out they can take control and win the series.

That's exactly what they need to do, I'm just honestly starting to question whether they have enough healthy guys left or enough guys with gas still in the tank to do that.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1070 on: May 18, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »
God I hope Pittsburgh can turn it around. Ottawa is so boring to watch and the fact that I'm actually rooting for the Penguins (my least favorite team in the league) shows how against the Senators winning the Cup I am.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1071 on: May 18, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
Perfectly natural to root against the team that beat your guys.

Go anyteamfromCanada!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1072 on: May 18, 2017, 08:56:27 PM »
This series is officially a farce now.  The Ducks just got totally screwed.  Nice job.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1073 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:34 PM »
The Ducks overcome the noise and the refs to win.  :tup :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:13 PM »
Yeah... I'm now starting to buy what Gary's been selling for a while.  Nashville was the recipient of some generous calls - both against the Ducks, and non-calls on what could've just as easily been penalties to them.

So glad the Duck's got the W.  Now let's hope their fans can actually get some butts in seats.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1075 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:00 PM »
Yeah... I'm now starting to buy what Gary's been selling for a while.  Nashville was the recipient of some generous calls - both against the Ducks, and non-calls on what could've just as easily been penalties to them.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game (went and saw Alien:Covenant) but judging from this comment and Kevs it was more of the same as far as momentum shifting calls/non calls in the favor of the Preds.

Good to see they still lost.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1076 on: May 19, 2017, 06:42:52 AM »
Did anyone catch the first episode of this NHL Game Changers thing? Basically a round table discussion including Wayne, Orr, Mario, Sid, and Towes. Doc hosts it, first episode was on NBCSN Wednesday night, it was pretty cool. I watched it on demand last night, there was some good dialogue between the guys, with opportunity for a lot more moving forward I think, not sure how many episodes are planned.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1077 on: May 19, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »
...And Murray will start in goal tonight over Flower. Wow, I am honestly surprised. Marc has easily, without question been the MVP of this team so far in the post-season.

Sullivan hasn't led this team wrong yet...We shall see.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1078 on: May 19, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
...And Murray will start in goal tonight over Flower. Wow, I am honestly surprised. Marc has easily, without question been the MVP of this team so far in the post-season.

Shocked by this. The only thing I can think of is perhaps management got involved. They are ready to deal Fleury out and want to be doubly sure on Murray before they do.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1079 on: May 19, 2017, 01:38:24 PM »

Shocked by this. The only thing I can think of is perhaps management got involved. They are ready to deal Fleury out and want to be doubly sure on Murray before they do.

Yeah I thought that as well, but Rutherford, the GM, has been pretty vocal about wanting have both guys around, I guess you never know behind closed doors though.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1080 on: May 19, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »
Wow, RyJo. Preds might be in trouble now.

Also, random Matt Murray fact, I got my own mug at a bar I frequent today, it's bigger than a regular mug and you pay regular price to drink out of it every time you come for a year and the mugs are numbered 1 through 100. Matt Murray has #30. :biggrin: The owner is his cousin, and he brought the cup to the place when he won it last year.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: May 20, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
Yeah, that's a HUGE blow to the Preds.  Thankfully they acted on the injury before anything unrepairable happened to his leg.

Man, what a game last night.  The Sens looked dreadful in the 2nd period, and that PP is about as bad as it can get.  But, they made a game of it, and I'll be the Pens are relieved to have evened the series - especially after losing ANOTHER blue-liner.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1082 on: May 20, 2017, 07:09:08 AM »
Dear Pens, huge win last night, way to get out front and then hold on.

Dear NHL, please stop allowing dangerous, blatant headshots in your game. Another Pen goes down with a concussion, and the Pens get penalized on the play for retaliation after the hit, it's a joke.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1083 on: May 20, 2017, 07:24:22 AM »
After the latest injury to Johansen, a writer here in Nashville is giving them no chance of winning - 'It would take a Disney Script'. 
The captain Fisher also left the game with an undisclosed injury.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:34:43 AM by mike099 »
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1084 on: May 20, 2017, 07:46:26 AM »
After the latest injury to Johansen, a writer here in Nashville is giving them no chance of winning - 'It would take a Disney Script'. 
The captain Fisher also left the game with an undisclosed injury.

I don't think it's that far fetched for them to beat the Ducks. That said it certainly makes things tougher, especially if they do make it to the finals.
Dear Pens, huge win last night, way to get out front and then hold on.

Dear NHL, please stop allowing dangerous, blatant headshots in your game. Another Pen goes down with a concussion, and the Pens get penalized on the play for retaliation after the hit, it's a joke.

The retaliation after the play being called a penalty should have been called, but the charge should have been as well. I do think you need to reconsider what a blatant headshot is though, as it has to be blatant, and target the head. Again, Ryan charged him, but the player was extended, reaching for the puck, and Ryan kept his arms down.