Author Topic: Red - Feed The Machine vs. DT - BMU, BMD  (Read 94459 times)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Red - Feed The Machine vs. DT - BMU, BMD
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Nope.  Still not a big enough similarity.  Just a standard sort of structure in modern metal nowadays.

And if MP wants to start accusing them of plagiarism now, I'm sure we can chuck the "Father to Son," "Give In to Me," "Blackened," and "Take a Bow" cases at him to get him to shut up.   ;D

Offline majo

« Reply #456 on: January 07, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »
oh come on... 70% of modern rock sounds similar to this. it's just... meh - no uniqueness, no soul, just meh-rock.
Life's too short to remove USB safely.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #457 on: January 07, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
I don't see the resemblance beyond the fact they are both metal songs with a classic structure and riffs.   :hat

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: January 07, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
Since this thread is still going I'd like to revoice my opinion that I enjoy BMUBMD but it's my least favorite song on ADToE. It's much better than the song everybody is claiming it sounds like and they both sound like every other song in the modern rock/nu metal genre since the early 00's.
No one is to blame here except the youtube fucker who pointed it out and JP for thinking people are decent putting his influence on his top whatever list and MP for being a word Katt Williams uses often.
Also a shout out for people who have some kind of kick in finding this sort of things. Do you feel the bitch inside? does it feed separately or just when you eat? just curious.
Wait I'll try it myself to see! Chorus Feed the Machine https://youtu.be/D4y3xPe6iVU @ 1:04 has a similar vocal melody for a second to this thing's vocal melody https://youtu.be/Gt3yBQf7LqM @ 0:51. I feel it now, the bitch needs to be fed separately.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline johncal

« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Since this thread is still going I'd like to revoice my opinion that I enjoy BMUBMD but it's my least favorite song on ADToE. It's much better than the song everybody is claiming it sounds like and they both sound like every other song in the modern rock/nu metal genre since the early 00's.
No one is to blame here except the youtube fucker who pointed it out and JP for thinking people are decent putting his influence on his top whatever list and MP for being a word Katt Williams uses often.
Also a shout out for people who have some kind of kick in finding this sort of things. Do you feel the bitch inside? does it feed separately or just when you eat? just curious.
Wait I'll try it myself to see! Chorus Feed the Machine https://youtu.be/D4y3xPe6iVU @ 1:04 has a similar vocal melody for a second to this thing's vocal melody https://youtu.be/Gt3yBQf7LqM @ 0:51. I feel it now, the bitch needs to be fed separately.

Funny, but pretty accurate. Thanks for saying that. Saves me from the bitching I hear when I say these kind of things ;D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
Can someone please remind me of the "Blackened" section ? I forgot in which song it occurs :)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
Can someone please remind me of the "Blackened" section ? I forgot in which song it occurs :)

This Dying Soul @ 7:15

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:33 AM »

:tup :heart

Online TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »
What about the Meshuggah riff? What song is that from again?
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
What about the Meshuggah riff? What song is that from again?

The Dance of Eternity.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Raw Dog has a fairly "Djent"- y opening.

Offline tofee35

« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

I never heard this. I went back and listened. They're both aggressive and "come to me my friend" and "blackened in the end" rhyme and have the same number of syllables. There are no call back vocals in Blackened and the feel is totally different because of it. Maybe that's why I never noticed it. It still isn't an "oh ya!" moment for me and the two songs are two of my favorite metal songs. This is the least noticeable of the alleged music borrowings of DT. I'm fine with all of it for the record.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:09:56 AM by tofee35 »

Offline Mladen

« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2012, 02:13:40 AM »
I immediately recognized the similarity the first time I heard the song, but I couldn't help but love the section nonetheless.  :metal