Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91640 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 23, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
Thank you Sharks for eliminating the Kings. I will never root for them again after the refs handed them the Stanley Cup two years ago against my Rangers (and essentially admitted so as well).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »
That was shameful how often the Rangers left their stud goalie out to dry today.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
FUCK YOU RANGERS!!!!!!!!!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »
#FreeTarasenko

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #425 on: April 23, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »
Way to go, Ken Hitchcock.

You've somehow managed to do a crappy ass job at getting your team ready to play in between the 1st and 2nd periods this series, and now you've pissed off your best player by not giving him nearly enough ice time.

What a shit bag he has turned out to be.

Just fire his ass now and let one of the assistants take over for Monday. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2016, 07:51:55 AM »
And it's amazing the pass that Paul Stastny is getting.

In 12 playoff games with the Blues now, he has:

one goal (last year)
one assist (last night)
-6 +/-

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2016, 08:21:59 AM »
And it's amazing the pass that Paul Stastny is getting.

In 12 playoff games with the Blues now, he has:

one goal (last year)
one assist (last night)
-6 +/-

Oh...he's not getting a pass from me.  >:(   I've been dogging him all year because we gave super star $$ to a third/fourth line player. Just because you win more face offs than you lose and you have (1) good point producing season doesn't mean you're a superstar. The goals he's missed because he has no aim is infuriating. The Blues were insane to give him that contract. Long story short....a Father of one of my kids buddies is a Police officer who's worked the Blues games since the early 90's. He hangs out with Brett Hull and says that Hullie warned the Blues until he was red in the face that Stastny wasn't worth the time or $$.

Looks like Brett was right.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
#FreeTarasenko

Way to go, Ken Hitchcock.

You've somehow managed to do a crappy ass job at getting your team ready to play in between the 1st and 2nd periods this series, and now you've pissed off your best player by not giving him nearly enough ice time.

What a shit bag he has turned out to be.

Just fire his ass now and let one of the assistants take over for Monday. 

Kev, like I told you the other day via text....I truly believe Hitchcock does not like Tarasenko. there have been instances like this throughout Tarasenko's career with Hitchcock....and there has been at least a dozen or so 'confrontations' on the bench between the two.

It was utterly ridiculous that Tarasenko wasn't on that PP to start with at the end of the second period...regardless of his line having just been out there. He has (3) of the (5) PP goals this series and (17) on the year. He can catch his breath.

Thankfully...one way or the other this will be Hitchcocks last season as a coach. If we 'win it all' he can ride his chubby butt off into the sunset.....if we don't then he's gone as well. Sure, he's a "good" coach but I'm one of the many who think he shouldn't even have been back for this season. If they lose tomorrow night I'd fire him during the post game press conference.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2016, 11:32:36 AM »
Agreed.

However, the 2nd period implosion cannot hide the fact that the Blues got screwed again badly by the officiating.

-the Hawks go-ahead (winning) goal came after Shattenkirk's stick was slashed out of his hand (by the same guy I believe who scored the goal).
-Tarasenko took a clear slash to the wrist in the offensive zone in the 3rd period.  No call.
-the Hawks player was clearly offsides on the play that resulted in the hook that led to the PP that enabled Chicago to go up 5-3.

Don't get me wrong, the Blues dug their own hole last night with their pathetic play in the 2nd period, but the officiating was heavily slanted in favor of Chicago again.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
Agreed.

However, the 2nd period implosion cannot hide the fact that the Blues got screwed again badly by the officiating.

-the Hawks go-ahead (winning) goal came after Shattenkirk's stick was slashed out of his hand (by the same guy I believe who scored the goal).
-Tarasenko took a clear slash to the wrist in the offensive zone in the 3rd period.  No call.
-the Hawks player was clearly offsides on the play that resulted in the hook that led to the PP that enabled Chicago to go up 5-3.

Don't get me wrong, the Blues dug their own hole last night with their pathetic play in the 2nd period, but the officiating was heavily slanted in favor of Chicago again.

Yeah....all three of those instances were BS. That "hook" was a load of crap.....and the only reason it was called is because the Blues had a solid four or five minutes of wave after wave coming at Chicago, they were on the verge of tying that game.

It's pretty evident that Chicago can do what they want to Tarasenko...he's been slashed a good dozen times in the ankles and hands with nothing but a head turn from the refs.....if we sneeze on a Chicago player its 2:00 in the box

And for there to be no call on the Shattenkirk stick being slashed out of his hands is just another example of the calls I guess you get to get away with after you win a cup? There's no other explanation because it was clear as day.

I still say we beat them by two goals tomorrow night. Chicago has had (1) good period against the Blues the entire series and that was the second period last night. We've outplayed them in all the rest and if not for game 2 this series would be over already.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2016, 01:02:55 PM »
Reffing refs. They totally reffed the Flyers in the ref and gave this series to the reffing Capitals. I hope the Capitals and Penguins don't have this issue, and are allowed to go ref themselves.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2016, 01:02:59 PM »
Flyers are out, but I can't say I'm broken up over it.  If back in December, when they had a <4% chance of making the playoffs and were in the middle of what was very clearly a rebuilding year with a coach who had no pro experience, someone had told me that they'd make the playoffs and even win a couple of games against the President's Trophy winner, I'd have thought that was better than the best-case scenario.  So as weird as it sounds to say I'm satisfied with a first round exit, I am.  And who knows how it would have gone had Couturier not gotten injured so early.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
Reffing refs. They totally reffed the Flyers in the ref and gave this series to the reffing Capitals. I hope the Capitals and Penguins don't have this issue, and are allowed to go ref themselves.

Yeah I get it...you're mocking or making fun of Kev and I for bitc%ing about the refs. It'd be one thing if it were just Kev and I who realizes the clear bias in this series....it's another when there are other cities papers and sportswriters tweeting/writing about how evident it is.

I can handle a call or two here and there being missed or ignored....but when it's as uneven as this series has been you'd bit%h to.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2016, 02:13:15 PM »
I'm mixed about the St Louis/Hawks series because I really don't want to see the Hawks move on. On the other hand, I want Hitchcock to become a candidate for the Senators Head Coach position.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »

Yeah I get it...you're mocking or making fun of Kev and I for bitc%ing about the refs. It'd be one thing if it were just Kev and I who realizes the clear bias in this series....it's another when there are other cities papers and sportswriters tweeting/writing about how evident it is.

I can handle a call or two here and there being missed or ignored....but when it's as uneven as this series has been you'd bit%h to.

Perhaps... but Shattenkirk didn't get his stick slashed out of his hands, it was a little stick lift by Panarin.  If Shats can't hold on to his stick from that, it's on him, not the refs... Plus he got bowled over by Weise.  That was just a damned good goal by the Blackhawks.

And while I was with you guys on some of the game 2 calls, you have been kinda homer-ish at pointing the finger at the refs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »
And while I was with you guys on some of the game 2 calls, you have been kinda homer-ish at pointing the finger at the refs.

that may be, but the fact of the matter is that Tarasenko got called for a penalty for the exact same play that happened to Shattenkirk. Difference is....Tarasenko's a Blue, Panarin is a Hawk. If I thought I could find it on Youtube I'd try to make a compilation of the slashes that Tarasenko has endured in this series that have not been called....there are plenty to choose from.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
Still confident they'll win in game 7? 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
Still confident they'll win in game 7?

Absolutely. As I said earlier.....I didn't think the Blues would beat Chicago three time in Chicago and I don't believe that Chicago can beat the Blues three times in St. Louis.

Outside of the second period of last nights game Chicago really hasn't shown me anything to be scared of. The Blues have outplayed them the majority of the series, kept their best players in check and have looked like the better team the entire time. Game two was a shaft job that had the officiating not allowed the Hawks to stay in the game and ultimately win it...this series was over two games ago. Unfortunately for the Blues the second period last night got away from them...oh well.

I think the Blues will win by two tomorrow night...either 3-1, or 2-0.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »

To be clear, I'm simply mocking that the discussion on the series has been primarily about the officiating. I get it, it's frustrated, and it should be talked about, but there is so much more of the games to be discussed. And, in case you didn't already know, I am pulling big time for the Blues in this series.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »
but there is so much more of the games to be discussed.

This is true. I think the level of play these two teams have had has a 'Final' type atmosphere....the games are intense.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »
Sad to see that Panthers/Islanders series end. Every time I watched any of it, it was electric.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2016, 03:29:16 AM »
Of course the Islanders win. Because why wouldn't they? This is shaping up to be a pretty crappy playoffs for me.

-MirrorMask

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2016, 08:03:16 AM »
Pens looked scary good finishing off the Rags. I'm excited for the series against the Caps, should be a good matchup!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2016, 10:04:00 AM »
Yeah, Caps vs. Pens is gonna be so exciting. I can see Isles vs. Bolts being quite a competition too. East semi-finals is gonna be great.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »
Can't wait for the rage posts in about 3.5 hours time.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2016, 06:59:08 PM »
Of course the Islanders win. Because why wouldn't they? This is shaping up to be a pretty crappy playoffs for me.

Well, it was their first playoff series win in 23 years… it's cool to see someone different win for a change. That's one of the main reasons why I'm rooting for the Blues to knock the Blackhawks off tonight. I think they'll get it done  :metal

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »
Hoping that the Blues hold on!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
Good 1st period.

2-1 good guys.

Now let's play a good 2nd period for once. :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
This is becoming eerily similar to game 6...
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50:07 PM »
Yep, this team seemingly has no clue how to come out ready to play in the 2nd period this series.  It's inexplicable.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »
No matter what, there is still one undeniable immutable truth:

Pierre McGuire is absolutely fucking worthless.

Man, I miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2016, 08:19:15 PM »
It appears as if a Hawk will have to kill someone to get a penalty in this game. 

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2016, 08:26:01 PM »
Agreed.
Although the Blues have gotten away with some as well...the refs have put the whistles away.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2016, 08:36:25 PM »
No matter what, there is still one undeniable immutable truth:

Pierre McGuire is absolutely fucking worthless.

Man, I miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

Why miss Bill Clement, he calls our games regularly. :D