Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489944 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5705 on: December 09, 2019, 03:32:13 PM »
 :omg: I can't believe I say this but I just bought my first COD game in over 10 years. After soo many years with their "rival" franchise Battlefield (mainly 2, 3 and 4) I felt the urge for COD and i'm having fun. Not to say i've abandoned BF but I haven't played a BF game since BF1 which I didn't play for long.

Time changes I guess  :-\
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5706 on: December 09, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
Do you enjoy the new COD?  It looks like same old same old to me which is why I didn't get it, but I understand your change up.  I got last years COD and didn't really play much of the new BF at all as I needed a change up.  But I just find it hard to buy COD back to back years.  The graphics look great and it does have single player so I may get it at some point if it gets cheap.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5707 on: December 09, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »
Yea I actually do but since I haven't played a COD game for so long it dosen't really matter if it's basically the same to me atleast. We'll see how long the game will last though.
I also was craving for a good SP campaign and COD have always been strong on that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5708 on: December 09, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5709 on: December 09, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
They said Ken Levine will not be involved at all...

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5710 on: December 09, 2019, 05:05:54 PM »
I loved Far Cry the original, and started Far Cry 2; I'm about halfway through the southern map, but - being a trophy whore - I think I missed something in the northern map and can't see a way of going back.  I got pissed so let the game sit for a couple weeks.  I have little desire to go back to it, but with the cold weather and holidays, I may try to bang it out and get to Far Cry 3. 

I need something else, though.  I want something like BioSchock or Deus Ex.

You're in luck... the next BioShock is in the works, and has been for a while. You're just gonna have to wait a bit longer.

I saw this earlier today and I have my doubts. Levine was a real driving force behind bioshock so without him I worry that it won't have the same feel. That said I BS:Infinite is one of my all time favorite games so I'm going to be optimistic and hope the new game will be good.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5711 on: December 09, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
Yea that's a bit worrying but I also don't think he's ever coming back to the series. Haven't heard anything from his current studio in years but of course knowing Ken and the visionary he is, that's dosen't say alot. I'm sure there working on something creative.
I atleast enjoyed Bioshock 2, I thought that was a great sequel.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5712 on: December 09, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »
Yea that's a bit worrying but I also don't think he's ever coming back to the series. Haven't heard anything from his current studio in years but of course knowing Ken and the visionary he is, that's dosen't say alot. I'm sure there working on something creative.
I atleast enjoyed Bioshock 2, I thought that was a great sequel.

Did they have anything to do with the last Bioshock? I tried getting into it but I didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't even finish it.

Even playing BioShock 1 again last year (or earlier this year?) for the first time since it came out was disappointing. I really disliked the combat and the way the enemies ran around like headless chickens but that behavior makse sense because they were all crazy...or something. I think I enjoyed BioShock 2 a little more.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5713 on: December 09, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »
If you ever want to go back to Bioshock I suggest doing the Infinite DLC, Rapture under the sea. It's shorter but it's really good IMO.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5714 on: December 09, 2019, 08:29:42 PM »
If you ever want to go back to Bioshock I suggest doing the Infinite DLC, Rapture under the sea. It's shorter but it's really good IMO.

Ok I'll check it out.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5715 on: December 10, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »
Hot damn. I was just messing with my settings in Red Dead. I've fine tuned them to get what I thought were the best graphic settings my machine could handle. Up until now, I've been blaming my monitor for my non-sharpness. I don't know why, but I've never changed the resolution in game. I've messed with every other setting many times over, but not the resolution. I changed it from 1280x720 to 1900x????. Holy fucking shit. This game just went from "these graphics are good" to "this is the prettiest thing I've ever seen". Seriously, it was like going from 720p to 4K.

I'm an idiot. 

For some some reason I think I was thinking the resolution was automatically set based on my monitor's pixel count and/or screen ratio, but this doesn't seemed to have affected the XY proportions at all. It passed the quarter test.

I'm a happy camper with my machine now. Up until now I've kind of been kicking myself in the ass for getting a graphics card with only 3GB, but I'm perfectly content with where I'm at for now. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5716 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:36 PM »
Wait, so you've been playing in 720p this entire time?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5717 on: December 10, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
Wait, so you've been playing in 720p this entire time?

I have no idea. I was just using that comparison to emphasize the difference in clarity.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5718 on: December 10, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
but how do you have no idea?  was it orinally set to 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720?  Im a bit confused, but glad you got things opptomized.  I need to fix something on my end, I even tried lowering the graphics but I keep getting game freezes which started over the weekend.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5719 on: December 10, 2019, 05:41:54 PM »
Resident Evil 3 Remake trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjGFUaorYc

Comes out in April
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 05:49:23 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5720 on: December 10, 2019, 06:49:20 PM »
Nice, and by then maybe Ill get the RE2 remake.  Only because of price, not quality. Loved the RE1 remake. I've actually never played RE3 so I might be even more interested in that.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5721 on: December 10, 2019, 07:31:49 PM »
I need to fix something on my end, I even tried lowering the graphics but I keep getting game freezes which started over the weekend.
Are you using DX12 or Vulkan api?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5722 on: December 10, 2019, 07:34:00 PM »
I need to fix something on my end, I even tried lowering the graphics but I keep getting game freezes which started over the weekend.

I'm not home to confirm, but I didn't change that so whatever is default, assuming DX12?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5723 on: December 10, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »

I'm not home to confirm, but I didn't change that so whatever is default, assuming DX12?
I had a few crashes/freezes when I first got the game that completely went away when I switched to Vulkan. I've read that Rockstar is focusing on the Vulkan API, so it's most likely to get more updates/attention/fixes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5724 on: December 10, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
I'll check this weekend, which brings the first DLC to RDR2 PC online (I think second DLC for console).  Puppies, you'll have to get back on with Chino and I.  Also my brother and his friend recently just got the game.  They actually wanted to play last night but that was after I rage quitted from my game constantly crashing (and I needed to get to bed anyway).

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1203858357569896448 <-- being a real ass in RDR2 online, maybe I had these crashes coming  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5725 on: December 10, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
I'll check this weekend, which brings the first DLC to RDR2 PC online (I think second DLC for console).  Puppies, you'll have to get back on with Chino and I.  Also my brother and his friend recently just got the game.  They actually wanted to play last night but that was after I rage quitted from my game constantly crashing (and I needed to get to bed anyway).

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1203858357569896448 <-- being a real ass in RDR2 online, maybe I had these crashes coming  :lol
Yeah I've been super busy at work. Haven't had much time to play online. I'm also going on a mini vacation starting Thursday. I'll get back in with y'all soon though.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5726 on: December 10, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »

Comes out in April
Hell yeah :metal. But I'm not really convinced with how Jill and her brother look for some reason. They look sort of generic and too young.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5727 on: December 10, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »
Nice, and by then maybe Ill get the RE2 remake.  Only because of price, not quality. Loved the RE1 remake. I've actually never played RE3 so I might be even more interested in that.

Same here!

Which RE1 remake did you play or is there only one? I played the one that came out for Gamecube back in the day. I think it was for the Gamecube.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5728 on: December 11, 2019, 12:18:30 AM »
Pretty sure the newest one is a remaster of the Gamecube remake.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5729 on: December 11, 2019, 05:20:57 AM »

Same here!

Which RE1 remake did you play or is there only one? I played the one that came out for Gamecube back in the day. I think it was for the Gamecube.

Bolsters is correct. The only remake of RE1 was the gamecube version, which has since been re-released a few times on modern consoles just remastered a little.

For the latest versions of full remakes they went strait to RE2 and and now on to RE3.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5730 on: December 11, 2019, 06:07:57 AM »
but how do you have no idea?  was it orinally set to 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720?  Im a bit confused, but glad you got things opptomized.  I need to fix something on my end, I even tried lowering the graphics but I keep getting game freezes which started over the weekend.

I guess I never thought about what the numbers in the screen ratio mean. So if I was playing at 1280x720, that second number is how the 720p is derived?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5731 on: December 11, 2019, 06:08:35 AM »

I worry it's going to be 15 gold to unlock. I only have like 4.5 right now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5732 on: December 11, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »
I think it will be 15 gold to unlock but you'll need even more to get the distillery going.  I have enough, I think I got myself up to 19 gold if I remember.  I haven't looked into it yet, but this might be the game that gets me to put money into it for gold.  I don't know how much grinding I want to do at the end of the day, but I do want to have access to everything the game offers.  We will see.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5733 on: December 11, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
I think it will be 15 gold to unlock but you'll need even more to get the distillery going.  I have enough, I think I got myself up to 19 gold if I remember.  I haven't looked into it yet, but this might be the game that gets me to put money into it for gold.  I don't know how much grinding I want to do at the end of the day, but I do want to have access to everything the game offers.  We will see.
It's weird, but this is one of only a couple of games that I don't mind grinding. The setting is just so beautiful and relaxing to ride your horse through. I mean, if I could afford to take care of an actual horse (and had room to house it) I would ride it across the countryside near where I live all the time....
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5734 on: December 11, 2019, 11:33:34 AM »
I enjoy doing them, especially with people but you just need to do so many to reach the high levels and to unlock everything.  This is why I like doing the daily challenges though, if you try to do them all including the role challenges, you end up doing some of the grind each day and it's spread between all the things in the game so you aren't just doing bounties all day.  Having said that, Chino and I bounty hunted for hours one day and it was fun, but I just don't like doing that all by myself.  I get bored and start killing innocent players.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5735 on: December 11, 2019, 09:15:30 PM »

Same here!

Bolsters is correct. The only remake of RE1 was the gamecube version, which has since been re-released a few times on modern consoles just remastered a little.

For the latest versions of full remakes they went strait to RE2 and and now on to RE3.

Yeah that's the one. I thought I had it for Steam BUTT turns out I have Resident Evil Zero. I bought Resident Evil Zero years ago for the Gamecube but I never finished it...but I definitely remember finishing and enjoying the RE1 Gamecube remake. I'll have to get that one on Steam next time it's on sale.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5736 on: December 12, 2019, 09:12:03 AM »

Comes out in April
Hell yeah :metal. But I'm not really convinced with how Jill and her brother look for some reason. They look sort of generic and too young.

Yeah, I got the email notification yesterday.  Totally pumped for this!  :hefdaddy
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5737 on: December 13, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »
Microsoft should really rethink their console naming methods. "Xbox. Xbox 360. Xbox One. Xbox One X. Xbox Series X/XBSEX." C'mon guys this is lazier than "PS1, PS2, PS3" - at least that has a logical numerical progression.

It's a beefy PC-tower rectangular beast of a system. Kinda like they turned the original Xbox power supply into a full blown console  :lol I'm not too keen on the shape but then again Microsoft is my least preferred of the three big gaming industry players. At least they perfected the controller. The XBONE controller is a delight to hold. Sony really needs to learn how to make a good controller.

That Senua game looks creepy as hell (one day I'll pick up Hellblade on Switch). I bet the Forza games will look unbelievable on it, and the next Halo should be gorgeous. And of course the best news is that I might finally start seeing Xbox One Xs for stupid cheap soon. There are a couple games I wouldn't mind playing when I pick up a 4K TV.   :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5738 on: December 13, 2019, 07:37:32 AM »

It's a beefy PC-tower rectangular beast of a system. Kinda like they turned the original Xbox power supply into a full blown console  :lol I'm not too keen on the shape but then again Microsoft is my least preferred of the three big gaming industry players. At least they perfected the controller. The XBONE controller is a delight to hold. Sony really needs to learn how to make a good controller.

I would argue that the DS4 is the best controller in the history of gaming. I wouldn't change a thing other than replacing the touch button with a number of regular buttons. I find it incredibly comfortable and the shoulder buttons and triggers are placed perfectly. I'd be content with Sony never changing it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5739 on: December 13, 2019, 07:41:19 AM »

I would argue that the DS4 is the best controller in the history of gaming. I wouldn't change a thing other than replacing the touch button with a number of regular buttons. I find it incredibly comfortable and the shoulder buttons and triggers are placed perfectly. I'd be content with Sony never changing it.

No exaggeration, I'm genuinely shocked someone would say that, no offense. Nintendo and Microsoft got it right with the staggered analog stick placement. I can't play a Dual Shock controller for more than a few minutes without my hands starting to hurt because of the equal stick placement and overall poor design (imo) of the controller, feels like junky cheap plastic to me. I'm honestly baffled that Sony's gone 25 years without changing the stick placement. The controllers also seem to have no weight to them like the Xbox or Switch Pro controllers do. But that's just me. I would seriously play PlayStation games if the controllers were comfortable and enjoyable to use. Genuinely surprised people like it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"