Author Topic: Kattelox's Album Roulette - Party Time! Excellent! v. FIN  (Read 108963 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
K-Lox...by eliminating me in the first round, you have missed out on some AMAZING music. Just sayin'.

You took that risk when you sent power metal after I gave a warning  :lol Feel free to send suggestions after the roulette finishes. Or wait for the next roulette in the future :)

You got a weird definition of Power Metal if you think that's what Ascendia is.   :huh:

Well, Metal Archives has them listed as progressive power metal, and the album is extremely power metally. There's lots of types of power metal. [insert Bubba montage here] It's definitely power metal. I just feel like I've heard that album many, many times already.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
K-Lox...by eliminating me in the first round, you have missed out on some AMAZING music. Just sayin'.

You took that risk when you sent power metal after I gave a warning  :lol Feel free to send suggestions after the roulette finishes. Or wait for the next roulette in the future :)

You got a weird definition of Power Metal if you think that's what Ascendia is.   :huh:

Well, Metal Archives has them listed as progressive power metal, and the album is extremely power metally. There's lots of types of power metal. [insert Bubba montage here] It's definitely power metal. I just feel like I've heard that album many, many times already.

I can't argue that point... I found them to be fairly ordinary, and didn't dig the vocalist at all - too one-dimensional and no range.  I guess everyone can define musical genres however they see fit, I just wouldn't classify them into what I would consider predominently 'power' metal.  Quasi-prog metal is how they struck me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I don't think any of those descriptions fit my submission
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
8. A fantastic album but the singer and lyrics leave a lot to be desired.

I'm pretty sure this is mine.

Dormouse, dormouse, have you any cheese
Or did it melt in the thermonuclear breeze

:lol

As you said you didn't quite like the concept in Beyond the Bridge album, I thought I just won't put a lot of stock into lyrics with my next entry. Guess that didn't work out.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
You all seem so sure of which is yours... LOL
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think any of those descriptions fit my submission

You don't say!?!?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

I don't know which one is mine, but I'd be quite surprised if it was one of the ones with negative comments about the vocals.  Ray Alder is one of my favorites.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know which one is mine, but I'd be quite surprised if it was one of the ones with negative comments about the vocals.  Ray Alder is one of my favorites.

Me too... but I can understand how his voice might not click with everyone.  I feel the same about Tom Englund, but have had a few roulette hosts be put off by his voice.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

So is Andre Matos

Offline Lethean

So is Andre Matos

Did I ever say that?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

So is Andre Matos

Did I ever say that?

Now that you mention it, I don't think so. But I just assumed, given how badly you've tried to change my mind on his voice hahaha. Just giving you a hard time :)

Offline Lethean

So is Andre Matos

Did I ever say that?

Now that you mention it, I don't think so. But I just assumed, given how badly you've tried to change my mind on his voice hahaha. Just giving you a hard time :)

But I haven't tried that either, have I?  The witness's testimony is a bit unreliable, your honor. :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I believe it was implied when I was chastising the quality of Matos-era Angra, but I will cop to maybe possibly potentially having been mistaken.  :biggrin:  ;)

Offline Lethean

I believe it was implied when I was chastising the quality of Matos-era Angra, but I will cop to maybe possibly potentially having been mistaken.  :biggrin:  ;)

What I actually did try to convince you of was the greatness of those albums, especially Holy Land.  I even suggested you just go with versions with Fabio singing so that the vocals didn't get in the way.  :)

So all that having been said, I wouldn't call him one of my very favorite singers, but...  I do love his voice on the Angra albums and think Holy Live is all kinds of awesome.  I would love to have seen him live with them at the top of his game, and I'd even like to see it now for a special anniversary show or something, even though I'm sure he'd struggle with some of that stuff.  However, the stuff he's done since just hasn't captured me the same way. I'm sure he had to tone it down and don't blame him, but part of the reason I don't call him a favorite is that his toned down voice just doesn't grab me so much.  I love Ray on the older Fates stuff where he's up in the stratosphere, and I love his voice now and on everything in between.  For Andre, I think it's a combination of his voice and not having Rafa around that means the magic just wasn't there anymore. (As far as my relationship with his singing and writing goes).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
That's fair. You also need to listen to Luxaeterna by Aquaria. Given your love for Angels Cry I think you will at the very least enjoy it if not fall in love with it. :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
My favorite singer is merzbow

Offline Lethean

Maybe I'll do a roulette and you can send it to me.  If he's trying to sound like Matos though, I dunno. There's only room for one.  (Just like I don't like Savage whatever it was called with the dude who sounded like Hansi).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
My favorite singer is merzbow

:rollin

Maybe I'll do a roulette and you can send it to me.  If he's trying to sound like Matos though, I dunno. There's only room for one.  (Just like I don't like Savage whatever it was called with the dude who sounded like Hansi).

At one point or another you WILL be listening to Aquaria, roulette or not hahaha :) I wouldn't say he's TRYING to sound like Matos, and he certainly has his own distinct voice, but he definitely does have that South American power metal voice, heavy falsetto sound that only they seem to have. I would say you'd like him because he is very similar to Matos in his younger years, but if you don't like Savage Circus for the reason you stated (aw :( ) then that's a tough call...

Also, I'm unfortunately going to have to give a lower score than I had hoped to... but warnings were given.  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
RIP memesorrow

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
results when

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Tomorrow. It would be tonight but I have plans, believe it or not!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
RIP memesorrow

Nah... I'm feeling it's Delta-V

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Someone who is browsing DTF? Plans? Hahaha, that's a good one
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Didn't know there was life outside DTF  :huh:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Also Kamelot is playing on April 27th and Infinity War is the next day so results will be delayed that week

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

:(
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe I'll do a roulette and you can send it to me. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hangovers are real. Expect the results this evening.  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hangovers are real.

The struggle is real

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Leave some popcorn for me!
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
you're not allowed to have any popcorn if you're not in the roulette

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
alright, I won't open this thread again then :corn
Squ