Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 67811 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #1470 on: May 09, 2024, 09:15:39 PM »
Yep, yep, the changes look great to me all things considered. She obviously wasn't going to cut any of the big hits, so some of the deep cuts had to go to make room for the TTPD songs.  I thought So Long, London would be in the mix, but none of the other new ones surprised me.  Having seen some clips of the visuals, she really went all-out again with this new era being added.  Some really awesome stuff.  I like that she shuffled some of the other eras around as well in the set list to mix it up a bit.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1471 on: May 10, 2024, 01:31:15 AM »
So I figured it out indeed, the Folklore / Evermore merger  :D

Yeah, I can see how she picked those songs, they're some tunes that translate well live. I Can Do It with a Broken Heart, as I said, is something that I can't stand musically, but the lyrics are deep and hey, having sad lyrics with energetic music is straight out of Springsteen's playbook. It was inevitable that the most dance-y song would end up in the set.

Also, Who's Afraid and Smallest Man are one of my favorite songs from the album so that's fine with me.

One of the surprise songs in Paris was Paris, I guess she'll save So Long London for London. And if and when Florence Welsh can eventually be a guest at a show, who know what might happen.......
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1472 on: May 10, 2024, 06:29:45 AM »
I am not sure Florida would work nearly as well as an acoustic song (which I assume it would be if Florence Welch guested at a show to sing it with her); it needs the dynamic shift of the melodies and the pounding drums in the chorus to really "hit," IMO.

I figured I Can Do It with a Broken Heart was a given since it's the only real bop on the record and is a live natural, but I can't say it's one I reach for right now.  It is one of the few from the main album here I will often skip over.  I like it, but there are just many others I'd rather hear right now.

I have a hunch that Who's Afraid of Little Old Me will eventually be seen as THE most classic song from this record by the more hardcore fans.  I doubt it would touch the success of Fortnight if even released as a single, but Fortnight is for the casuals; Who's Afraid... is for the dedicated fans.  :coolio :coolio