Author Topic: 2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers  (Read 67699 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: 2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers
« Reply #2800 on: February 11, 2024, 08:48:09 PM »
I’m just not seeing a realistic way where KC wins this game
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2801 on: February 11, 2024, 08:49:34 PM »
Fundamentals. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2802 on: February 11, 2024, 08:50:54 PM »
WOW!!

Didn't care who wone, but WOW!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2803 on: February 11, 2024, 08:52:11 PM »
Wow! Hell of a game!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2804 on: February 11, 2024, 08:53:40 PM »
Started slow and became extremely intense for the last quarter and overtime.  My daughter will be happy that KC won due to Kelce and Taylor Swift.  I was hoping the 49'ers would win, but the Chiefs have been too good for the last 5-6 years. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2805 on: February 11, 2024, 08:54:18 PM »
I’m just not seeing a realistic way where KC wins this game

:lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2806 on: February 11, 2024, 08:54:36 PM »
Chiefs 27
Niners 19

Damn, almost had it.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2807 on: February 11, 2024, 08:55:01 PM »
Awesome game, heartbreak for the 9ers again.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #2808 on: February 11, 2024, 08:55:41 PM »
Well Bosk - It was good while it lasted.  ;D

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2809 on: February 11, 2024, 08:56:30 PM »
Experience won down the stretch. I really do feel bad for the Niners and their fans, seems like it was a heartbreaker for a game that started about as well as it could have. But some of the things they were doing in the second half, honestly things could have been a lot uglier than the score suggests.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2810 on: February 11, 2024, 09:04:14 PM »
Incredible game. My poor heart. Purdy played great; every player on each team made plays.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2811 on: February 11, 2024, 09:25:19 PM »
Great tense game. Would've liked to see 49ers win but they played hard. Happy for Reid and Mahomes, Kelce definitely has gone down a few pegs in my eyes with that clown move towards Reid

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2812 on: February 11, 2024, 09:38:48 PM »
Ok...that was a rough one. Hard to take anything away from either team, all those expected to shine did, and it was a hard fought game to the end. Losing Greenlaw early hurt, can't deny that, but I think the difference in the game was the complete fluke of that punt hitting that dude's foot.

No matter...proud of how the Niners left it all on the field, and hats off to KC, they earned that one for sure.

Great tense game. Would've liked to see 49ers win but they played hard. Happy for Reid and Mahomes, Kelce definitely has gone down a few pegs in my eyes with that clown move towards Reid

What'd he do?   

Edit- found it, and yeah, that's some weak shit.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:49:25 PM by lonestar »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2813 on: February 11, 2024, 09:49:15 PM »

What'd he do?
He bumped into Andy Reid screaming like a child. T Kelce has always been a punkass bitch with great talent.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39508009

I think the 9ers lost this game in the 3rd Q. Getting a turnover with an INT off Mahomes and not getting any points from that and then going 3 straight 3 and outs without running the ball and then that special teams play gave the game right back to the Chiefs.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2814 on: February 11, 2024, 10:33:43 PM »
These niners losses are slowly helping me work past childhood football trauma.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2815 on: February 11, 2024, 10:45:58 PM »
He's back from the dead!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2816 on: February 11, 2024, 10:46:07 PM »

:rollin :mehlin :rollin

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2817 on: February 11, 2024, 10:51:39 PM »
He's back from the dead!

Thanks lol. I've been pretty apathetic about the NFL since the 2018 NFC CG fuckover against the Saints but of course this laughable product would rope me back in by my #2 team since 1989, the Bills, suddenly becoming relevant right as the Saints faded into obscurity. Even with their emergence as an elite team, I still don't watch a whole lot of NFL games.

Honestly, the Bills have basically been a dietetic version of the early 90s teams since they no longer choke in the SB, they just do so in the divisional round. It also was disgusting seeing the same ref who screwed the Saints not only being on tonight's crew but also seemingly being the head honcho. I honestly consider myself an idiot for giving even one second of my time to such a farce. At least the red hatters can cry about the whole Swift thing lol.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2818 on: February 11, 2024, 11:30:02 PM »

Yeah, sure was.  I'm still in disbelief over the result.  But had an absolute blast watching it with some amazing people and just loving every second of it.  This has probably been the most fun season of watching the NFL I've had in a very long time, possibly ever.  Also kind of glad I'm "just a fan" and not one of the players or coaches, because they have to be feeling absolutely miserable, whereas I just basically go in to work tomorrow with a smile on my face and move on to the next thing.  Not so easy for them.  Sad they blew it, but, again, thankful for a really, really fun season.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2819 on: February 11, 2024, 11:36:35 PM »

Yeah, sure was.  I'm still in disbelief over the result.  But had an absolute blast watching it with some amazing people and just loving every second of it.  This has probably been the most fun season of watching the NFL I've had in a very long time, possibly ever.  Also kind of glad I'm "just a fan" and not one of the players or coaches, because they have to be feeling absolutely miserable, whereas I just basically go in to work tomorrow with a smile on my face and move on to the next thing.  Not so easy for them.  Sad they blew it, but, again, thankful for a really, really fun season.
That's pretty much my outlook on it too. Time to move on to the upcoming baseball season.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2820 on: February 12, 2024, 12:09:28 AM »

Sorry for the loss, Bosk. Honestly. I couldn’t help but rib you a bit over your seeming overconfidence (I tend to assume the Seahawks will blow it even when they are doing well…and I was frankly shocked that they actually won against Denver 10 years ago) but I know how heartbreaking it is to actually get close and not quite get there. (A very familiar feeling to a lifelong Seahawks fan. LOL) But honestly, I feel your pain and wish you a good season next year…unless you’re playing the Seahawks.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2821 on: February 12, 2024, 01:09:23 AM »
Kind of seems to me that given the OT rules it was a mistake for SF to kick the FG. I don't want Jesus Mahomes to have a chance to beat me, and whether it takes a FG or TD doesn't make much difference. That looked like 4 down territory to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2822 on: February 12, 2024, 05:21:18 AM »
Kind of seems to me that given the OT rules it was a mistake for SF to kick the FG. I don't want Jesus Mahomes to have a chance to beat me, and whether it takes a FG or TD doesn't make much difference. That looked like 4 down territory to me.
I was thinking the same thing. I said to my sons before third down, that the 9ers needed a touchdown or they would lose. It would have been a hugely gutsy move to go for it on 4th down there. Not sure I would have had the stones to do it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:06:06 AM by lordxizor »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2823 on: February 12, 2024, 05:55:03 AM »

Both coaches talked about how you had to "take" a game like this, as opposed to waiting for it to come to you, and that was the moment the Niners should have (tried to) take the game.  I get it, "put points on the board", but you're right, the outcome is the same.  I mean, I THINK I get it - it's an almost certain lock that they get into Butker's range, so put points on the board to keep the game going - but you could see the Chiefs play-calling subtlely change once they got within field goal range; they knew they were going to extend the game so let's go for broke, and they did.   I think psychologically, they let the Chiefs get up off the mat, and you just don't do that.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2824 on: February 12, 2024, 06:44:01 AM »
My question is, are we (the forum, the nation, the media) really going to let Travis get away with that? A very inappropriate moment, that would have gotten a lesser player cut. And yeah he made a few big plays but not something wise for a player that has been on the decline all year.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2825 on: February 12, 2024, 06:56:46 AM »
I could care less about his hissy fit.  I have no power to make change in the NFL.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2826 on: February 12, 2024, 07:01:50 AM »
My question is, are we (the forum, the nation, the media) really going to let Travis get away with that?

Bosk, ban Kelce from the forum!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline emtee

« Reply #2827 on: February 12, 2024, 07:02:20 AM »
Really wish the damn super bowl (and NCAAF national championship) could be on a Saturday. Sacrifices have to be made when you have to get up at 3am. I watched until 2 possessions into the 3rd and then it was lights out. Guess I missed a great finish.

1st half ads were weak. I just don't like Romo. And I was still pissed the Lions weren't playing.

Congrats to KC.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2828 on: February 12, 2024, 07:12:21 AM »
My question is, are we (the forum, the nation, the media) really going to let Travis get away with that? A very inappropriate moment, that would have gotten a lesser player cut.
That's the key.

There have always been certain situations where certain players have more leeway with certain coaches.  Andy Reid was OK with it after the game, so I'm OK with it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2829 on: February 12, 2024, 07:22:46 AM »
My question is, are we (the forum, the nation, the media) really going to let Travis get away with that? A very inappropriate moment, that would have gotten a lesser player cut. And yeah he made a few big plays but not something wise for a player that has been on the decline all year.

Couldn't agree more, and I thought the move by Kelce was disgusting. It'll be interesting to see if Taylor Swift reacts to it or at least signals disapproval. She's written songs about men who do far less.
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline emtee

« Reply #2830 on: February 12, 2024, 07:29:30 AM »
You can't touch a ref or umpire in any sport that I know of without ramifications. It seems odd to me that you can flagrantly initiate contact against a coach without some repercussions. Maybe he will get fined.
It was a bad look for sure.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2831 on: February 12, 2024, 07:33:06 AM »

Reading some stuff that some 49ers players weren’t aware of the new OT rules. If true, that’s a pretty big oops on the entire staff.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2832 on: February 12, 2024, 07:36:25 AM »
I think you guys are WAY overreacting on the Kelce/Reid dustup.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2833 on: February 12, 2024, 07:39:22 AM »
My question is, are we (the forum, the nation, the media) really going to let Travis get away with that? A very inappropriate moment, that would have gotten a lesser player cut.
That's the key.

There have always been certain situations where certain players have more leeway with certain coaches.  Andy Reid was OK with it after the game, so I'm OK with it.

When it was happening, it looked to me like Reid was just ignoring him.  He's put up with this whiny shit before, I'd guess, and this is the relationship they have.  Privately he might have said something to him afterwards.  Or maybe not.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #2834 on: February 12, 2024, 07:51:59 AM »

Couldn't agree more, and I thought the move by Kelce was disgusting. It'll be interesting to see if Taylor Swift reacts to it or at least signals disapproval. She's written songs about men who do far less.

I think Taylor had more problems with that god-awful, off-key, screaming version of Viva Las Vegas. They cut to her when he was doing that and she looked a tad embarrassed.