Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 86151 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
I think Edmonton wins the series if the goaltending is even remotely consistent. The team is certainly deep enough up front and on D, but I honestly have limited faith in Smith/Koskinen. They've been streaky enough this season that this series could go sideways awfully fast. 6 or 7 games, for sure.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I do think this STL v MIN series is going to be a doozy......so is that TOR v TB. Just brutal that two of those 4 teams won't be in the second round.

Yeah.  Here's hoping for the best for both of us.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

The Corgi choose Kings' basket in the 1st round picks.  At least, the best opinion is on the Kings' side.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1521220565775831057/video/1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Mattews goal on the 2 man advantage was amazing. You think they've practiced that before? I love how he passes it down low and curls like he's going to be out of the play, so when no one is looking, he skates full steam to the circle and BAM!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Leafs have a PK, PP, and Even Strength goal.  Looking pretty solid, but they've always got the ability to blow it.

How do the Bs look?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
These refs are whistle happy.  1/2 thru the game, and 9 PPs already (5 TB; 4 TOR)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Leafs have a PK, PP, and Even Strength goal.  Looking pretty solid, but they've always got the ability to blow it.

How do the Bs look?

B's down 2-0 after 2. They look fine. They just haven't been able to break through. I think they are getting Carolina's top effort tonight. It's been a great game. Very fast paced.

Carolina has great sticks in the D-zone.

These refs are whistle happy.  1/2 thru the game, and 9 PPs already (5 TB; 4 TOR)

Jesus.. Do they think this is a Raptors game?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

This Leafs/Bolts game has gotten extremely chippy in game 1.  People getting booted out, someone drew blood.  Lots of penalties and the Leafs leading 5-0.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Refs are keeping the theme going in the Blues/Wild game.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That was about as perfect a game as the Leafs could play. When they had more scoring chances in the 5-min PK, that pretty much set the tone. It’s only one game, but it’s the right start that team needed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Looked like the start of a Cup Run to me.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
4 PP’s called for Wild so far. 1 for the Blues and both teams are playing hard. Don’t mind it when it goes both ways but I’m starting the engine on about to lose it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And yet the Blues are up 3-0 .... WITH A PP GOAL!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
And yet the Blues are up 3-0 .... WITH A PP GOAL!!

Actually….its 2 PP goals. Perron scored the first one right at the moment the first one ended and they just changed it back to a PP goal.

Point is, there are two teams playing playoff hockey yet the calls are a bit lopsided right now. Oh well. It’s a young group of refs. It’s just annoying that the only momentum the Wild gets is off of the PP….and everyone the Blues start to take the momentum back there’s a convenient Penalty called on them.

It’s all a conspiracy, don’t ya know?  ;D

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
That being said…..there’s nothing like playoff hockey. In any sport. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are in a tier of their own, every other sport is down there somewhere fighting for a distant second.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Husso played like a beast. Have to find a way to keep that kid around. PK was huge and Minnesota lost their cool in the third and cost themselves any chance of mounting a comeback.

Always nice to grab that first one on the road.

Offline pg1067

Hot damn!

Oilers fall down...Kings get penalized, but the Oilers never led and came up CLUTCH in the last couple minutes.  HUGE game 1 win on the road.

Not sure my heart can survive this.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

That game was the only game today that wasn't a blow-out and despite the special teams doing their best to screw this up for us, the Kings pulled through.  2nd lines guys and Quick pulled it through.

It's already better than 2018.  They have a win and scored more goals than 2018 combined.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
How about this cheap shot by Spurgeon? If that’s McDavid or MacKinnon getting hit like that Spurgeon is thrown in solitary confinement. I don’t expect anything to come of it but there was clear intent to injure one of the Blues top players there.

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1521349216886566913?s=21&t=Kt9BLqDbV2VYbhd6zOmWXg

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I managed to stay up for two periods!  :tup :tup

That should be at least a game for Spurgeon, as that was a clear intent to injure, but we'll see. 

Special teams and Husso won that game, by all accounts.

One down, 15 to go!  :metal :metal

Offline pg1067

That game was the only game today that wasn't a blow-out and despite the special teams doing their best to screw this up for us, the Kings pulled through.  2nd lines guys and Quick pulled it through.

It's already better than 2018.  They have a win and scored more goals than 2018 combined.

The phantom tripping penalty on Iafallo to start the second, and which directly led to Edmonton's second goal, which tied the game, was complete bullshit.  That said, penalties were 5-5.  The too many men penalty at the end of the second was sloppy and negated a power play.  Kings were jumping out of the gate, but they seemed a bit lost in the second.  Third period was absolutely crazy.  Needless to say, Wednesday will be huge.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

100%   Blues PP looked great.....bummer for the Playoff PP % that the last three they were given (when the Wild Players decided they were done playing and started head hunting)  they weren't even trying to score....they just played keep away to wind the time down.

Gonna be a brutal series if it continues at that pace though....lots of tussles and scraps.

Offline Anguyen92

I managed to stay up for two periods!  :tup :tup

That should be at least a game for Spurgeon, as that was a clear intent to injure, but we'll see. 

One down, 15 to go!  :metal :metal

The Wheel of the Department of Player Safety landed on the $5k fine.  People on Twitter are clearly not pleased.

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1521514627863138304?cxt=HHwWgMC-pcTfwJ0qAAAA

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

The phantom tripping penalty on Iafallo to start the second, and which directly led to Edmonton's second goal, which tied the game, was complete bullshit.  That said, penalties were 5-5.  The too many men penalty at the end of the second was sloppy and negated a power play.  Kings were jumping out of the gate, but they seemed a bit lost in the second.  Third period was absolutely crazy.  Needless to say, Wednesday will be huge.

Agreed. I don't think the Oil are coming back if they spot LA 2 games.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
How about this cheap shot by Spurgeon? If that’s McDavid or MacKinnon getting hit like that Spurgeon is thrown in solitary confinement. I don’t expect anything to come of it but there was clear intent to injure one of the Blues top players there.

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1521349216886566913?s=21&t=Kt9BLqDbV2VYbhd6zOmWXg

That's pretty brutal, to not get anything.  It's not a hockey play, Buchnevich wasn't expecting... it fits all the criteria for a suspension.  So did Kyle Clifford's boarding, and *he's* getting a hearing!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

That's pretty brutal, to not get anything.  It's not a hockey play, Buchnevich wasn't expecting... it fits all the criteria for a suspension. 

In real time it looked cheap....slow mo' reveals how dirty it was. He targeted the upper ankle there and had plenty of time NOT to follow through with it. Thing is, Buchnevich did nothing to really 'deserve' that other than play hard which EVERY player playing is doing.

I was honestly shocked at how off the rails the Wild went the last 6-8 minutes of that game. Lots of pretty cheap crap went down. I'm all for heavy playoff hockey but they took it to a different level IMO

Anyway.....lots of pressure on the Wild now to take game 2. It's not a 'must win' by any means but it's a game where the pressure is way more on them than the Blues.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Tampa went a little sideways too - Maroon goaded Morgan Reilly into a fight after Simmonds just laughed at him for wanting to dance.  I mean, when you're up 4-0, why do anything that might give the other team even a tiny little spark.  Simmonds just smirked at him and skated away, so eventually Maroon all but 'jumped' Reilly during the commercial break.  I think during that exchange, 4 or 5 players got roughing and 10 minute misconducts to get them all off the ice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Tampa went a little sideways too - Maroon goaded Morgan Reilly into a fight after Simmonds just laughed at him for wanting to dance.  I mean, when you're up 4-0, why do anything that might give the other team even a tiny little spark. Simmonds just smirked at him and skated away, so eventually Maroon all but 'jumped' Reilly during the commercial break.  I think during that exchange, 4 or 5 players got roughing and 10 minute misconducts to get them all off the ice.

Exactly. You don't think the Blues won't remember Spurgeon's cheap shot? And, they're not going to respond by pummeling him....they'll respond by dropping another 4 goals on them. (although I won't rule out Schenn leveling Spurgeon in the first 5 Minutes tomorrow night  :lol)

Point is....it's a (most likely) 6-7 game series and IMO the Wild (and from what it sounds like) TB lost their cool. I know Minnesota was frustrated beyond belief because they were 0-6 on the PP and even when they had a good chance Husso made great saves or they hit a post.

It was kind of funny to watch the last 4 minutes when the Blues were on the PP essentially the remainder of the game and they just tick tack toed passes back and forth with little thought to even try to score. Anyway.....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Similar to the NFL, the NHL really only cares about player safety when there is a serious injury or big media outcry, so Spurgeon getting a slap on the wrist didn't shock me.  No matter, the Blues are still gonna punk them.  :hat :hat

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I’m sorry but that was a goal. It’s not goalie interference if you’re pushed into the goalie by the other team.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I’m sorry but that was a goal. It’s not goalie interference if you’re pushed into the goalie by the other team.

Definitely not a goal. Goals have been called back for WAY less.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think the Rangers got hooped on that goal. I’m a firm believer that the Hockey Gods will alway make things right. If the Pens win, then it was interference; if the Rangers win, then it wasn’t.

Also, “No-Save” Dave living up to his moniker. Holy moly are they getting crushed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think the Rangers got hooped on that goal. I’m a firm believer that the Hockey Gods will always make things right. If the Pens win, then it was interference; if the Rangers win, then it wasn’t.

As am I, but based on the goals I've seen called back this season, that wasn't even close.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Goalie change halfway through the 2nd OT??

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow. Louis Domingue enters the game!

Speculation from SportsNet crew was that DeSmith was cramping.