Author Topic: wolfking's 2010/2011 recommendations that are rarely talked about on DTF  (Read 3535 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I kinda like it, but I can only take so much cheese before I turn off. I don't have the same problem with other power metal bands, but for some reason Hammerfall just doesn't click for me.

But think of it like this:
They were /are a great current band that reminded me of the 80's metal that I grew up on. A Priest/Maiden/Saxon/Accept/Dokken hybrid with the lyrical imagery of Dio.
Yes, I quoted myself, but try and think of them as a tribute to that great 80's metal.

The Pagan's Mind is not really hitting me right away though..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
^bummer^..I know they don't click with everyone.  The song Entrance to Infinity is one that usually hooks people.
Also, listen to the Prophecy of Pleiades for some unabashed DreamTheater felating.

It's likely Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstacy will be top 3 for album of the year for me.....blown away.
Great sound.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
^bummer^..I know they don't click with everyone.  The song Entrance to Infinity is one that usually hooks people.
Also, listen to the Prophecy of Pleiades for some unabashed DreamTheater felating.

It's likely Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstacy will be top 3 for album of the year for me.....blown away.
Great sound.

Not sure if top 3, but it's a great record. At some point I thought I was going to be disappointed with it because God's Equation was soo good, but they were able to hold up very well.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
TAC recommends;

Enbound;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR-2mWEG5yI

Great power metal, I'm gonna pick up their album, good stuff.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.