Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 257172 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #980 on: August 24, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #981 on: August 24, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »
AP Calculus BC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #982 on: August 25, 2011, 03:59:43 AM »
thats complete bullshit
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #983 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:54 AM »
AP Calculus BC

Don't know what all the AP and BC means, but how the hell can a school cut their budget for teachers for maths?!? That's ridiculous. (unless it's just some really obscure course you're doing, but still...)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: August 25, 2011, 04:32:53 AM »
alrighto another rant by J8VRM...

all this shit thats been going on with me for the past 5 6 7 month i dont even remember now... I thought that by now I would be out of it. But no. It looks like its still gonna be a while before i fucking move out. So I have to deal with my ex every day. No way around it. it would be fine if it werent for the fact that seeing her makes me want to embrace her, then punch a fucking wall. she makes me so angry that I want to fucking bash my head in yet she is still the only person that can make me feel like I am not a piece of fucking shit. all this shit is going to lead to the end of me. not suicide. just... mental breakdown? idk. I cant take it. Like trying to just live my life... started working... which is a huge accomplishment for me... im trying to stay busy... yet i have her and what we had haunting me.  All I ask for in life now is a little companionship. Yes I am working (and I am planning to pull a second job once I get settled with this security thing)... I can get an apartment. independence. But freedom to do what? work all day and then come home and sit alone because the only few people who actually get me... who I can actually be around without having a fucking anxiety attack (social anxieties suck ass and balls) are always busy with their girlfriend type folk.....

Idk the last week or so have just been really depressing. I foresee a lonely existence for me. and the one thing on earth that scares me the most is being alone. isolated. forgotten. Fuck this rant is over now.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: August 25, 2011, 06:11:04 AM »
I've had the feeling of being alone, especially when I moved after college newly single and not really knowing anybody.

It gets better, you just have to focus on getting yourself out of that house, if you think about all the things that you want changed it'll be overwhelming, so you have to focus on one. I couldn't imagine living in a house with my ex.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #986 on: August 25, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
I have no one to talk to at this Goddamn university. I wake up, hit the gym, eat breakfast alone, go to class, then go right back to my dorm. I don't wanna go through 4 years of this bullshit with no one at all to talk to. I'll lose my mind, well, whatever is left of it at least.

This is what I feared was gonna happen, and whaddya know, it's happening.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #987 on: August 25, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
Did you miss orientation week?

I've heard college people in the thread made to educate me say that many friends are made during that week. 

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #988 on: August 25, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
I have no one to talk to at this Goddamn university. I wake up, hit the gym, eat breakfast alone, go to class, then go right back to my dorm. I don't wanna go through 4 years of this bullshit with no one at all to talk to. I'll lose my mind, well, whatever is left of it at least.

Talk to people in classes or miscellaneous people in your dorm. You never know, it could work.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #989 on: August 25, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
There's always opportunities to make friends, maybe you'll have to put in a bit of effort at first but it'll be worth it  :) If randomly going up and talking to people isn't your thing (I know that's not for everyone) then maybe join some clubs where you can meet people with similar interests so you'll have a common ground, and you can also get to know your class mates. It's not nice being alone and having no one to talk to, so don't let it happen. I may not know you in real life but you seem like a really cool guy and I'm sure other people will see that. And if they don't, just seduce them with the hair!  :laugh:

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »
Just be cool, talk to people about stuff, maybe ask for help on certain shit that you're working on, I dunno. As silver tears said, try joining clubs or something.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #991 on: August 25, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »

Talk to people in classes or miscellaneous people in your dorm. You never know, it could work.

I've chatted a little with some people in class, but probably not enough to solidify a friendship.. I'll keep trying.

There's always opportunities to make friends, maybe you'll have to put in a bit of effort at first but it'll be worth it  :) If randomly going up and talking to people isn't your thing (I know that's not for everyone) then maybe join some clubs where you can meet people with similar interests so you'll have a common ground, and you can also get to know your class mates. It's not nice being alone and having no one to talk to, so don't let it happen. I may not know you in real life but you seem like a really cool guy and I'm sure other people will see that. And if they don't, just seduce them with the hair!  :laugh:

Thanks... I actually am going to this meeting tonight for a club involving a radio station, and I'm hoping that might be my ticket outta my dorm aside from classes and food. Then I could breathe a sigh of relief, and not even have to seduce them with it. The hair I mean.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #992 on: August 25, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »
Awesome, hope you meet some friend-worthy people!  :)

Offline BanksD

« Reply #993 on: August 28, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »
So, this girl I really REALLY liked turned out to like another guy

at first I was really pissed about it but then i got over it

but that shit really sucks in the short term

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #994 on: August 28, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »
So, this girl I really REALLY liked turned out to like another guy

at first I was really pissed about it but then i got over it

but that shit really sucks in the short term

It does indeed.

also, I like how you phrased that

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #995 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
Thanks... I actually am going to this meeting tonight for a club involving a radio station, and I'm hoping that might be my ticket outta my dorm aside from classes and food. Then I could breathe a sigh of relief, and not even have to seduce them with it. The hair I mean.

Yes, clubs are good. Very good. As for people in classes, just keep talking to them, ask them to go have lunch, whatever. That's how I made most of my friends in college.

In other news, I feel ya Jay, because I am on the verge of a breakdown myself. I have gone insane.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #996 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:49 AM »

Most of the friends I've made have pretty much come to me. I was recently the only new kid in school and that pretty much made everyone approach me. Previously though, all the friend's I've ever made have been on things like clubs. My best friends and I met because we were on the same team on a robotics competition. I never really approached anyone, in fact, I think I'm completely incapable of approaching people and randomly making friends, which is why clubs and groups are so useful.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #997 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T ANYTHING BE EASY
a hobbit's tale by bilbo baggins

alright so i am in a situation right now.

back at the beginning of summer i tried to see what i could do to apply to a particular university. they didn't contact me until it was waaaaaay too late, and they told me they needed my degree transcript which i wouldn't be able to get for a while. so i decided to maybe take a semester off and think about what i want to goddamn major in and get a job or something and everything would be okay.

THE PROBLEM

while all this bullshit was going on, i had applied for student housing. you know, trying to be responsible and get stuff done. well i don't have the money to pay for housing or fees or anything like that, but when i'm enrolled, as i had planned to be, i get some financial aid and student loans which could help me while i have a job there to start saving to pay it back.

in the rush of everything, i went ahead and signed a lease so that i would not be homeless. the MINUTE i learned that i wouldn't be able to attend the fall term, i contacted them telling them i wouldn't be able to take up the lease and they should give it to someone else. now, that housing development is pretty popular and always in high demand, they could fill that place in a SECOND if they so chose.

the response i get is from a company lawyer threatening to SUE ME FOR THE RENT if i did not take any action.

fuck.

so i got some attorneys to look into it and talk with them and explain the situation. the housing place would not fucking budge. they had a solid case too, i had signed a legal document. fuck me for trying to get shit done with my shit life.

so now i am moving there this weekend, having to somehow find $1400 to pay RIGHT THEN so i can GET MY FUCKING KEY and move into my GODDAMN apartment and apply for fucking COMMUNITY COLLEGE so i can take some FULL-TIME BULLSHIT CLASSES I DON'T NEED just so i can get STUDENT LOAN MONEY to pay my FUCKING RENT while i find a FUCKING JOB to work SOLELY for raising MONEY to pay back all the FUCKING GODDAMN MONEY i am borrowing

jesus christ was a FUCKING SODOMITE hitler was THE FUCKING MAN every american who has ever died in a war was a FUCKING COWARD the queen is a FUCKING CUNT lawyers live off of MISERY and DISADVANTAGE

long life, state your case

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #998 on: August 30, 2011, 01:07:34 AM »
Jesus that is hard gay. My friends have been having a hard time with the same shit, so I kind of know what that's like.

In other news I feel like throwing myself in front of a bus kinda sorta.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #999 on: August 30, 2011, 01:41:39 AM »
Sonata... That is so much fucking bullshit! What the fuck is this world coming to? No one can fucking better themselves because of all this bullshit the government and companies and shit put people through

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:23 AM »
That sucks. I'm sure you'll find a way out of this bullshit.
I swear that every shitty thing that happens on this planet is because of money. What the fuck is wrong with people these days?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »
 :-\

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1002 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
:( way sucks. Is there no way to rent out your apartment on your own? Find roommates?

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1003 on: August 30, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
Chris....  :-\

*Hugs*

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1004 on: September 08, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »
bleh

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1005 on: September 08, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
bleh

bleh as well. :( feeling more horrible than i can remember feeling before. i really can't deal with school right now on top of everything else

SFADFGDAGDAGDAGADGFDAFDFDSGSFGHDF

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1006 on: September 09, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
I hear that... although thankfully I am done with school forever. But my job is disappearing and everything is a mess, so fuck.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1007 on: September 09, 2011, 12:27:27 AM »
I have been miserable for the past 3 weeks straight and have been thinking about suicide regularly.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1008 on: September 09, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »
 :-[

When you say "thinking," how seriously?

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1009 on: September 09, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
I'm not sure. I mean... I'm generally an unhappy person, so it's always a passing thought every day, but now it lingers. They just stay, and I just keep playing scenarios over and over in my head on how I could carry through with it and how much better everything would be afterwards.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I'm not sure how else to word.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: September 09, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »
I'm not sure. I mean... I'm generally an unhappy person, so it's always a passing thought every day, but now it lingers. They just stay, and I just keep playing scenarios over and over in my head on how I could carry through with it and how much better everything would be afterwards.

Wrong. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

*breathes*

Okay, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but never think to yourself ever that suicide would make anything better. First off, it would be the death of a human being. A living, breathing creature capable of intelligent thought and control of animalistic instincts. And you are alive. And the loss of a human being is almost always sad. Even more so when that human being is someone who exceeds in being above the average societal stereotypes, can think for him or herself and has a good god damn head on his or her shoulders. That's just another sad loss for an already dying breed. And more importantly, when one commits suicide, it just simply reinforces to the rest of the world that this option, this way out, still exists for anyone willing to just give up half way through their life. And that's what it is, a life. Something you only get a single shot at (that is unless reincarnation or any other form of rebirth is straight fact). And besides, my belief in a figurative afterlife is in any way, shape or form true, than suicide during such a depressive state would only make what's in store for you a figurative hell.

Now I don't mean to lecture you, but I hate hearing people talk about or consider suicide, it's a touchy subject for me. And I hate it especially when that person is one of the coolest darn human beings he's met (online or off). Now go play outside and be happy or you are grounded mister.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1011 on: September 09, 2011, 02:40:43 AM »

Yeah, it does... so another question is can you give me concrete examples of how everything would be better?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1012 on: September 09, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »
Not really depressing or anger-inducing, but I have one week to get an internship for college credit before I have to drop the class by default and so far I have been rejected by one group, seven of the groups I was going to apply to aren't offering anything this fall, and one I did apply to still isn't answering a week later.  FFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1013 on: September 11, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
I have no idea what to do with myself. If I'm not constantly busy I'm thinking too much and that is NOT good.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1014 on: September 11, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »
I have no idea what to do with myself. If I'm not constantly busy I'm thinking too much and that is NOT good.

Thinking is usually good, however the thought has to have a destination and can't be circular. And while distraction is helpful at times, it's not a great end result.
fanticide.bandcamp.com