Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 126184 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. 49ers vs Chiefs in the Super Bowl!!
« Reply #2520 on: January 26, 2020, 10:52:27 AM »
I think I assumed Plunkett was in.

Plunkett isn't and shouldn't be in.  He was a mediocre to average QB who was fortunate to QB a pretty good team that played a mediocre Eagles team and a superior Redskins team that couldn't get out of its own way.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2521 on: January 26, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »

Plunkett isn't and shouldn't be in.  He was a mediocre to average QB who was fortunate to QB a pretty good team that played a mediocre Eagles team and a superior Redskins team that couldn't get out of its own way.

Damn bro! Alrighty then. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2522 on: January 26, 2020, 07:25:33 PM »

I'm not sure I follow...

:) :) :)  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2523 on: January 26, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
Apparently the pg in pg1067 does not stand for plunkett great. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2524 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:55 PM »
Seriously pg....tell us how you really feel.  :P
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2525 on: January 26, 2020, 11:42:58 PM »
Apparently the pg in pg1067 does not stand for plunkett great. :lol
I'm still convinced it stands for Paul Gilbert  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2526 on: January 27, 2020, 08:52:41 AM »
Not sure what's supposedly so controversial about PG's statement.  That's such a commonly held opinion that I'm not sure even Plunkett would disagree with it.

But as far as Eli...I donno.  He was pretty good.  But I don't think I'd consider him HOF-worthy either.  Who would I take over him?  I don't think that's a very meaningful question.  He's probably top 10-ish in most years he played.  But that isn't really what you want in terms of a HOF endorsement.  Not even close.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:59:17 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2527 on: January 28, 2020, 08:09:47 AM »
Local media should start showing up in Miami tomorrow.  Things are about to start getting fun and officially ramping up. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2528 on: January 28, 2020, 08:12:53 AM »
Not sure what's supposedly so controversial about PG's statement. 

There's nothing controversial about it. It was just emanating rage from it I felt while reading it. :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2529 on: January 28, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
"Unofficial reports" apparently say the Chargers are moving on from Rivers:  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-chargers-have-moved-on-from-qb-philip-rivers-194024103.html  Interesting.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2530 on: January 28, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »
I saw that too.  I think it's got legs.   

Bra-dyBra-dyBra-dyBra-dyBra-dyBra-dyBra-dyBra-dy

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2531 on: January 28, 2020, 03:29:57 PM »
"Unofficial reports" apparently say the Chargers are moving on from Rivers:  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-chargers-have-moved-on-from-qb-philip-rivers-194024103.html  Interesting.

I heard something on the radio (I think it was Dan Patrick's show) about how Rivers and his family have relocated from San Diego to somewhere in the southeast (he's from Alabama), so this is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Rich Eisen (who lives in LA) was on the show and was talking about how the Chargers signing Brady (assuming he doesn't go back to Pats) would help secure the Chargers in the LA marketplace.  I happen to think he's full of it.  Brady isn't well-liked out here and probably wouldn't be any upgrade over Rivers, and the Chargers would need a heckuva lot more than a 43 year old (at the start of the 2020 season) QB to make any ground in a marketplace that never wanted them and where they'll be a tenant in another team's stadium.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2532 on: January 28, 2020, 03:31:07 PM »
If Brady doesn't stay in NE, I wouldn't mind that.  At least I could root for the Chargers again.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2533 on: January 31, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »
Well, there's a Roku and Fox Sports fiasco going on. Roku removed all the Fox apps so you need to find another service or app to stream the game.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2534 on: January 31, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »
OK, since the weekend is almost officially upon us, bosk1 official prediction:
49ers: 34
Chiefs: 24

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2535 on: January 31, 2020, 03:13:13 PM »
I'll go with 31-28 49ers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2536 on: January 31, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
Rooting for the Niners but thinking Chiefs 34-24.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2537 on: January 31, 2020, 07:58:04 PM »
Niners in OT 34-28
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2538 on: January 31, 2020, 10:35:14 PM »
Niners in OT 34-28

Not sure my heart could handle OT....

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2539 on: February 01, 2020, 01:25:09 AM »
I'm predicting Niners 37-17. A bit optimistic perhaps, but I think the Niners have this easily.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2540 on: February 01, 2020, 07:01:17 AM »
Obviously I'm pulling for the Niners, though I think this is a pretty balanced matchup and will definitely be won in the 4th quarter. I got a bad feeling this game will not be one for the weak hearted.

On a total side note, it's been beyond hilarious how here in the Bay Area, and I'm sure Bosk has seen it in Sac as well, how all the GS Warrior swag that has been omni-present has been progressively replaced by Niner swag over the past month or so. Shirts, hats, sweatshirts, car flags, what not, you gotta look really really hard to even see GS stuff anymore. Fucking sellouts  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2541 on: February 01, 2020, 07:06:42 AM »
Looking at the Patriots success and now the 2 teams in the SB, is the Tight End the 2nd most important position for successful offensive teams in the NFL?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2542 on: February 01, 2020, 07:09:51 AM »
Looking at the Patriots success and now the 2 teams in the SB, is the Tight End the 2nd most important position for successful offensive teams in the NFL?

It could be argued for sure. The Niner offense was a completely different beast when Kittle was sidelined with injury.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: February 01, 2020, 07:11:52 AM »
And the same could be said with Gronk retiring. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2544 on: February 01, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »
Meanwhile, having a stud RB is less important now than ever.  The starting RB's in the Super Bowl are Damien Williams and Raheem Mostert. Meanwhile, Christian McCaffrey just had an all-world season on a Panthers team that was a mess and lost their last eight games.  And Saquon Barkley has just seen two of his prime years wasted on a terrible Giants team.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2545 on: February 01, 2020, 09:17:44 AM »
I remember in the 80's that the RB was the most important position.   Crazy how it changes over deacades.

Also,  how nuts was nuts was Marino's second season in that era?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2546 on: February 01, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
I think Marino is kind of an arrogant dick, but there is no doubt that throwing for 48 TD passes in 16 games in 1984 was insane. 

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2547 on: February 01, 2020, 12:26:45 PM »
Really pulling for the 49ers in this one and I do think they'll pull it off. 37-31 49ers.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2548 on: February 01, 2020, 09:38:49 PM »
Do they put up all the Hall of Fame nominees in a hotel and say "Just hang out for a while, David Baker may, or may not, knock on your door"?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2549 on: February 02, 2020, 07:12:45 AM »
Do they put up all the Hall of Fame nominees in a hotel and say "Just hang out for a while, David Baker may, or may not, knock on your door"?

From what I’ve heard, that’s pretty much how it works.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2550 on: February 02, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
The Ravens were the only team to play both SB finalists, but the situations and weather and locales made any type of comparisons mute. 

Moving on, Robert Saleh (and GB HC Matt LaFleur) were both on the Central Michigan staff sixteen years ago.

Both the 49ers (1st round pick Joe Staley) and Chiefs (1st overall pick Eric Fisher) have Chippewa alums.

So, going by the numbers (and that if SF keeps KC off the field for long stretches of 'real time'), I will take the Bay Area team by six. By analysis, if SF only needs four to put pressure on Mahomes, they stand the better chance.  And, maybe they just win because Garoppolo is the type of QB that a team wins with.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2551 on: February 02, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
Love seeing Steve Atwater and Isaac Bruce make the Hall of Fame.  Both inductions are long overdue.

Hoping for a close game today.  Should be a good one!  :tup :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2552 on: February 02, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
So yeah, I use an HD antenna for local channels, and they all come in really well. Except Fox can be spotty. Which it is being right now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2553 on: February 02, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »
That INT was unexcusable.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2554 on: February 02, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
I think it's a mistake by Shanahan not doing something with the final possession of the first half.