Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 126184 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Games still being decided by bad officiating
« Reply #1050 on: October 20, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
6-0. Wtf is going on man?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1051 on: October 20, 2019, 02:59:10 PM »
Could be worse, it could be the Skins-Giants. ;D

I honestly don't mind the Cowboys on SNF. It's always different each week.

My problem is every Sunday here, the 4:00 game features the Cowboys. Every fucking week.

It's been like that since we were kids; I can remember, we used to go to my aunt's house for Sunday dinner every Sunday from like September through the winter, and it seemed like every Sunday it was Pat Summerall, Tom Berkshier, and Tom Landry.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: October 20, 2019, 03:01:57 PM »
I don't know if there's a thread for this, but honest question:

For those that picked Minnesota over Detroit, what was your rationale?   And for those that picked Washington against SF, what was YOUR  rationale?  I'm not being critical, I'm wondering what you saw. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: October 20, 2019, 03:16:13 PM »
I wouldn't touch the Vikings/Lions game. The Vikings have been hot and cold, but so have the Lions.

The Redskins have been cold and cold. Nobody in their right mind should've taken the Skins.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1054 on: October 20, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »
I'm calling it now, if the 49ers can keep playing defense as well as they have, we are going to end up with a 49ers-Patriots Superbowl. Only 2 teams I'm worried about on the 49ers schedule is the Packers and the Seahawks.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1055 on: October 20, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »
I don't know if there's a thread for this, but honest question:

For those that picked Minnesota over Detroit, what was your rationale?   And for those that picked Washington against SF, what was YOUR  rationale?  I'm not being critical, I'm wondering what you saw.
Minn/Det was a cakewalk. Det can't stop the run and Minn has been running very well. The only way Detroit was going to overcome that was for Stafford to beat them, and despite coming kind of close, Minn's D is sound enough to prevent that most of the time.

SF/WAS was even easier. SF's D is second only to NE. There's no way they're letting losers like Washington score enough points to win. I honestly have no idea why somebody would have picked Washington in that one. I analyzed the Minn/Det game looking for a basis to choose from. I simply saw SF/Was, said "ugly!", and clicked the SF button.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1056 on: October 20, 2019, 03:28:49 PM »
I'm calling it now, if the 49ers can keep playing defense as well as they have, we are going to end up with a 49ers-Patriots Superbowl. Only 2 teams I'm worried about on the 49ers schedule is the Packers and the Seahawks.

At New Orleans (with Brees back, presumably) is not a game to worry about?  Okay.

Actually, I would worry more about your QB, who continues to be pretty average.  Okay, today was ugly, rainy weather, but in 14 starts with the 49ers, Garoppolo has 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions (7-6 this season thus far).  If the 49ers running game gets shut down a little and/or their defense gets scored on a bit, it remains to be seen where their QB is good enough to put the team on his back and carry them to a win against a good or great team (not most of the patsies they have beat up on thus far).  We have seen little so far to suggest that he is that guy.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1057 on: October 20, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
^^ I don't disagree with that at all, and by that logic, if it's too early to anoint the 49'ers, it's too early to rule out the Saints. I think that's a good team, and a hungry team.  They've been - by their reckoning - f****d over now twice in two years against the Rams, and I think that's going to come to a head in their favor here before Brees calls it a day.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1058 on: October 20, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
If the defense stays as hungry and determined as they've been in Brees' absence, we're gonna see a Saints team better than any that's ever taken the field.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1059 on: October 20, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »
The Saints have looked like the best team in the NFL this year, all things considered.  Saints/Patriots has to be the most likely scenario Super Bowl matchup right now, which of course means very little in October.  :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1060 on: October 20, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »
I agree, but the Pats offense needs to improve.

I still think the Ravens will be there in the AFC. They look pretty good tonight.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1061 on: October 20, 2019, 05:04:42 PM »
The AFC is so awful that the 2nd spot is up for grabs now with Mahomes' health in doubt.  Indy is sneaky good.  That roster is something else now.  I just have a hard time trusting the Ravens until I see some improvement from Lamar Jackson when it comes to throwing the ball.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1062 on: October 20, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »
How is the AFC so awful? I'm watching the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC beat on the Seahawks. Maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFC.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1063 on: October 20, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »
Any given Sunday...;)

Baltimore also got their clocks cleaned at home by the crappy Browns. 

I would have no problem putting the Pats and Saints at 1a and 1b right now, and then 3-5 would all be from the NFC, IMO (Packers, 49ers, Seahawks).  Heck, the Vikings look as good as anyone from the AFC not named the Patriots now that Cousins is playing well again.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1064 on: October 20, 2019, 05:12:45 PM »
Any given Sunday...;)

Baltimore also got their clocks cleaned at home by the crappy Browns. 

I would have no problem putting the Pats and Saints at 1a and 1b right now, and then 3-5 would all be from the NFC, IMO (Packers, 49ers, Seahawks).  Heck, the Vikings look as good as anyone from the AFC not named the Patriots now that Cousins is playing well again.

Speaking of any given Sunday.. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1065 on: October 20, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »
Hah.

Saints are up 29-10 at Chicago...and the game has been a bigger blowout that the score indicates.  If not for Lutz uncharacteristically missing two field goals and the Bears returning a kickoff for a TD, the score here could be as ugly as some of those Broncos Super Bowls... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1066 on: October 20, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »
I think this is the Saints' year, honestly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1067 on: October 20, 2019, 05:19:45 PM »
Last year looked like their year as well...a lot can, and will, happen between now and January.

Oh, and  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at Melvin Gordon. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1068 on: October 20, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »
Oh, and  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at Melvin Gordon.
Especially since Vrabel was doing everything he could to give SD the win. That was some pretty terrible coaching.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1069 on: October 20, 2019, 05:48:17 PM »
The refs can just rig the game at will anyway so I'm keeping my emotional investment WAY low. What I can't believe is that right after we let the Bears march effortlessly down the field for a TD and moronically gave up an onside recovery for a kick that didn't even go 10 yards, we continue to play pussy ass prevent D which ended up getting Eli Apple seriously injured. Just dance with the fuckin girl you brought to the dance and keep playing the D that got you a 26 point lead ffs. That Apple injury fuckin falls 99% on Payton and 1% on Michael Thomas for trying to recovery an onside kick we would've been given without even having to touch it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline max_security

« Reply #1070 on: October 20, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »

Still only 2 teams to worry about ?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: October 20, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
Was that Giants game as bad as the last 2:20 made it look?  Holy crap, that was abysmal. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: October 21, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
Lamar Jackson:  two weeks in a row, has accomplished feats that were never done in the Super Bowl era (could be in NFL history, but I cannot exactly quote that).  The kid is something else.  More later, when I have a chance to expound on his talents (with some criticism included).
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2019, 11:45:32 AM »
:who:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »
The kid that's not too bad for a running back, that's who. :tup
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: October 21, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »
Lamar Jackson:  two weeks in a row, has accomplished feats that were never done in the Super Bowl era (could be in NFL history, but I cannot exactly quote that).  The kid is something else.  More later, when I have a chance to expound on his talents (with some criticism included).

What are those?  The only thing I knew he did was 200 yds passing and 150 yards rushing, but Kaepernick did that in 2012, and both Kaepernick and Vick both rushed for more than 150 yards (both did it twice).

This was a big win for Baltimore. So far, they've been winning but against teams they should be beating, and losing to the teams that would show their greatness (KC) and toughness (Cleveland). 

As is often the case, though, the real test will come in two weeks.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1076 on: October 21, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »

What are those?  The only thing I knew he did was 200 yds passing and 150 yards rushing, but Kaepernick did that in 2012, and both Kaepernick and Vick both rushed for more than 150 yards (both did it twice).

This was a big win for Baltimore. So far, they've been winning but against teams they should be beating, and losing to the teams that would show their greatness (KC) and toughness (Cleveland). 

We know what will happen in 2 weeks, his o-line will repeatedly be called for holding during his escapes from the pass rush.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1077 on: October 21, 2019, 12:25:27 PM »
Jackson is a great runner of the football, but still an inconsistent, mediocre passer at best.  What he is now will work in the short term, but he needs to get a lot better at throwing the ball if he wants to be franchise QB for the long term.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: October 21, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »

We know what will happen in 2 weeks, his o-line will repeatedly be called for holding during his escapes from the pass rush.

It's pretty early to start making excuses, innit?   He's either the legend he's being annointed to be, or he's the next Michael Vick and Colin Kaepernick (which is to say, an exceedingly talented athlete who don't translate into a winning, reliable quarterback).   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
They are playing the Patriots so Dream Team is saying that the Pats get all the phantom calls. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: October 21, 2019, 01:34:45 PM »
They are playing the Patriots so Dream Team is saying that the Pats get all the phantom calls.

No I get it, but it's sort of a tired analysis.  I mean, if you KNOW it's coming, and you fall victim to it, whose fault is that?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1081 on: October 21, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »

No I get it, but it's sort of a tired analysis.  I mean, if you KNOW it's coming, and you fall victim to it, whose fault is that?

If they're truly "phantom calls," then it is, by definition, the fault of the officials because the team being victimized by the "phantom calls" can do nothing to stop them.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: October 21, 2019, 01:51:18 PM »

If they're truly "phantom calls," then it is, by definition, the fault of the officials because the team being victimized by the "phantom calls" can do nothing to stop them.

Eh, I disagree.  I suppose there's a point at which they are SO egregious that you're right, but I don't agree that the officiating is that bad, against the Pats or generally. The one call that is indefensible is the Saints - Rams call, but the vast majority aren't that way.   

In any event, according to this source, the Pats have the LEAST amount of penalties called against their opponents this year (and were only middle of the pack last year) so that shoots that idea. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1083 on: October 21, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »
Only the Pat's get away with holding,  lining offside,  deflating footballs,  filming practices.

Yet, every other year a rule is made from the Patriots winning a game that other coaches look silly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1084 on: October 21, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
The Pats aren’t favored by the refs (anymore). BB’s players are simply disciplined enough to not put themselves in a position for a bad call.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask