Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 648419 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2065 on: January 30, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
Trailer for season 5 is also out now, and it's great. I should probably not have seen it, since it can reveal some things if one analyses it as closely as I can't stop myself from doing. But it's all fine, because it's awesome.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2066 on: January 30, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
Cool but I probably won't see it. I usually avoid trailers for ongoing tv shows.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2067 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
Pretty intense trailer and definitely has one hint that book readers may find spoilerish.  Im pumped for this season and the new book wont be out in 2015 so might as well continue the story on this medium.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2068 on: January 30, 2015, 11:27:28 PM »
Just saw it at the IMAX theater, what an amazing couple of episodes to see on the big screen! And they did such an amazing job transferring it to the IMAX format.
As we were walking into the theater I yelled out "Night gathers!" and a whole bunch of people replied "And now my watch begins" :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2069 on: January 31, 2015, 04:05:21 AM »
Just saw it at the IMAX theater, what an amazing couple of episodes to see on the big screen! And they did such an amazing job transferring it to the IMAX format.
As we were walking into the theater I yelled out "Night gathers!" and a whole bunch of people replied "And now my watch begins" :lol
I didn't do any yelling, but I agree, the transfer to IMAX was fantastic, especially on "The Watchers on the Wall."  The scope of that episode really lent itself well to the new format.

But I think the best thing about the transfer was the sound.  That was really awesome in the IMAX theater.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2070 on: January 31, 2015, 04:11:33 AM »
Man I wish I could be there to see it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2071 on: February 02, 2015, 06:38:14 AM »
Just started re-watching S04 and it still holds you on the edge. Ep 1 is such a good season opener!

Edit: Goddamn I love this show!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:54:20 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2073 on: February 08, 2015, 10:15:44 AM »
I hope they post it online, for those of us who doesn't have HBO, or live where 7:30PM there is 1:30AM here.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2074 on: February 09, 2015, 06:24:31 AM »
Well, it was only 30 minutes long, but it was fun.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2075 on: February 09, 2015, 06:25:20 AM »
I hope they post it online, for those of us who doesn't have HBO, or live where 7:30PM there is 1:30AM here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Mi17nLflY&feature=youtu.be
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2076 on: February 09, 2015, 06:49:24 AM »
Yeah, like hef said, short but fun. April can't come soon enough.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2077 on: February 09, 2015, 07:03:09 AM »
Found it fairly boring, but I am interested in the inclusion of Hardhome this season.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2078 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »
As a book reader, everytime I watch shots of the Real Alcázar I'm just amaze! Not only is it just a stunning place but it also fits exactly what I imagine the Water Gardens to look like and I can't wait to see it in the show!

Also, real interested in seeing what will happen in Hardhome! An obvious deviation from the books so maybe no Jon Snow being stabbed this year.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2079 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:34 AM »
S04E07 Even though I know that it didn't exactly go as planned I love the whole scene with Oberyon and Tyrion in the cell when Tyrion gets emotional and Obyreon says he wants to fight for him. Just a great scene!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2080 on: February 11, 2015, 08:12:10 AM »
S04E07 Even though I know that it didn't exactly go as planned I love the whole scene with Oberyon and Tyrion in the cell when Tyrion gets emotional and Obyreon says he wants to fight for him. Just a great scene!
I agree, that was fantastic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2081 on: February 11, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
I agree, that was fantastic.

Yup, thats a great scene and really gets you pumped up.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2082 on: February 13, 2015, 12:31:06 PM »
and leading up to that is of course the Oberyon headsmash!  :lol Seriously that's still as mindblowing as the first time I saw it even though I wasn't entirly surprised, just a brilliant turn around. It's stuff like that that keeps you on the edge.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2083 on: February 13, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »
Man, I really want to watch this show. I wish I didn't have such a problem with watching over-the-top violence.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2084 on: February 14, 2015, 05:50:51 AM »
You're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2085 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
It depends on what you define as "over-the-top violence" because imo there's alot of violence but nothing that wouldn't be unlikely in a world like that. I guess the diffrence between GoT and other shows in that time period is that they dosen't "censor" or cut the gruesome stuff out. Swordfights have always been in movies for example but they usually cut the dismemberment of limbs out which usually is the result when you lose a swordfight, GoT simply dosen't cut that part out which makes for some interesting scenes.  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2086 on: February 14, 2015, 06:20:04 AM »
Well, I think the only thing that really made me cringe and was tough to watch for me was Oberyn's death. I even knew what was going to happen, but man, that was brutal. But then again, I don't have a lot of problems with watching the violence. For example, Theon's torture was no problem for me. Yeah, it was disgusting, but pretty much watchable.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2087 on: February 14, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
The only problem I had with the torture of Theon is that they spent a bit too much time on it. But then of course, after his storyline through season 4 I can now understand why that was sort of needed, and not just shown for the sake of torture. Which only further illustrates how carefully planned this show is.

And Oberyn's death sure made me cringe as well, but the 'gore' part of that wasn't even the worst of it. What really got to me was his scream.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2088 on: February 16, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/16/george-rr-martin-warns-of-upcoming-game-of-thrones-tv-show-deaths

George RR Martin warning book-readers about the upcoming season of the show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2089 on: February 16, 2015, 07:03:30 AM »
Good.  Now my wife can get off my back about knowing everything about the story before actually watching the shows.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2090 on: February 16, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Sheesh, FINALLY caught up with this whole series, just finished watching season 4. Epic series. Whoa, where to start? Red Wedding was a real shocker to me, only to be topped with the purple wedding (finally)! Can´t WAIT for season 5 to start!  :hefdaddy
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2091 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »
 :tup Just an hour ago I finished my re-watch of S04. Still as epic as the first time I saw it. Can't freakin wait!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2092 on: February 16, 2015, 07:49:04 AM »
My season 4 blu-ray should arrive either today or tomorrow. Been watching the other seasons on blu-ray during the past few weeks, and shall start immediately with season 4 once it gets here.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2093 on: February 16, 2015, 08:50:13 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/16/george-rr-martin-warns-of-upcoming-game-of-thrones-tv-show-deaths

George RR Martin warning book-readers about the upcoming season of the show.

Hmm I have a couple guesses

Sansa, Jamie, or Jorah are my biggest surprise non book deaths.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2094 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
Honestly, it could be almost anyone. Most people seem to think that there are only a handful of characters who will turn out to be most important at the end (or, some would suggest, the only ones who live). If GRRM has told D&D who these characters are, they have pretty free reign to kill off whoever else they like!

The only thing I'm confident about is that neither Bran nor Hodor will die, but that's only because they're not appearing in season 5. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #2095 on: February 16, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
and don't forget folks....Season 3 of Vikings kicks off Thursday night!

If you are not watching this show you should be!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2096 on: February 16, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »
I think Bran will be a major player by the end of all this. Right now he feels like the 'Frodo' of this series, the small guy with the most important mission. That has been my prediction since season 3.

Wasn't there something about Bran maybe appearing after all, but not Hodor? Like, only for a little bit? I think I remember seeing that somewhere..

Oh yeah, good show, season 2 finale was really cool. I will definetely follow season 3.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2097 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

Hell yeah!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2098 on: February 16, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

Hell yeah!!

:fistpump:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
I think Bran will be a major player by the end of all this. Right now he feels like the 'Frodo' of this series, the small guy with the most important mission. That has been my prediction since season 3.

Wasn't there something about Bran maybe appearing after all, but not Hodor? Like, only for a little bit? I think I remember seeing that somewhere..

Oh yeah, good show, season 2 finale was really cool. I will definetely follow season 3.

I think we may see him involved in seeing flashbacks but not actually doing much in terms of curent timeline, hence why we may see him but not Hodor.  I aslo agree that he will have a large role to play in the end with his warging powers most likely.