Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 220873 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #490 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
Gotcha. I saw a video on that awhile back and I seriously feel bad for people that try to follow those universes.

Offline Starscream

« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
I have extremely high expectations for this movie. And for many reasons.

The Dark Knight was one of the best films i've seen. I also love pretty much all of Chris Nolan's work. Inception is awesome, and so is The Prestige.

"Reality is almost always wrong."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
If I read the internet correctly, Bane in the comics was a super strong super genius who found out Batman's identity and broke his back.  That would be a pretty hardcore direction for the movies to go.  But it's the Nolan Batman, so I expect it to open new territory.

Given that Nolan is only doing three, maybe he'll have Bane kill Batman.  Seriously.

Nah, that won't happen. Neither will this follow the story arc of the comics where Batman is "broken" (literally) by Bane.

I'm not sure I'm convinced either, but I don't think it's farfetched at all.  Nolan has used the comics as his baseline and foundation, but has really blazed his own trails with the story arcs.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if he "ended" Batman's arc in the third film by having him die or at least be permanently broken so that he could no longer be Batman.  I think it's a legitimate enough possibility that I'm willing to put a friendly wager on the table if you are, my friend.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »
Maybe you should use that money to upgrade to Pro instead so I don't have to look at that ugly Bandwidth Exceeded sig, buddy |: |

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
:\
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Booyah, bitches!
« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
Maybe you should use that money to upgrade to Pro instead so I don't have to look at that ugly Bandwidth Exceeded sig, buddy |: |

BöskUno, you just got photowned!
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »
Yeah??  Well, you--!!  He--!!  FINE!!!  >:(

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
OH SNAP! (like Batman's spine)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
If they actually did Batman's getting paralyzed,  Imagine who would play Jason Todd.  Who could pull of playing insane?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »
If they actually did Batman's getting paralyzed,  Imagine who would play Jason Todd.  Who could pull of playing insane?

I have a feeling Jason Todd won't have anything to do with this.

But a movie with him would be cool. Ben Foster could do it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: January 19, 2011, 08:46:06 PM »
Oh, I agree but it would be a great spinoff if this is Nolans last film.

Ben Foster would be a great pick.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »

BöskUno, you just got photowned!
No, that's actually his signature. He works for Photobucket.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
]
Wait, rebooting Batman after Nolan is done?

Maybe he meant the comics.
Nah, I think he's talking about a reboot of DC canon, like what "Crisis on Infinite Earths" did.

May I please acquire your attention to the following:

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/48099

Hey folks, Harry here...  in my Hospital bed, watching the misery that is the Golden Globes...   BEE GEES Christian Bale just won for THE FIGHTER - and as I was watching this, I got an email with the following:

Just seen this interview with Darren Aronofsky pop up on Google News. He mentions that his old script is being made in to a comic, before letting slip that "we're going to do a comic book version first and see what happens...".

Very interesting. The full quote -

CoF: Speaking of which, you’ve worked in the comic-book medium before, with your adaptation of The Fountain (2006), and the tie-in book to Pi. Do you ever feel like realising your vision of something like the Batman story that you were working on as a comic book?

DA: Well, we’re actually doing one. It hasn’t really been announced, I don’t know if I should give you the scoop! But we’re getting there. We’re doing a comic book of a script that’s really hard to make and we’re going to do a comic version first and see what happens…

https://clothesonfilm.com/black-swan-interview-with-darren-aronofsky/18472/

Thanks,
Joanna

That's cool.   For one, we'd get to finally see what Aronofsky's vision for BATMAN would be, at least in comic form, but then...  the fact that Darren is going to blow everyone's minds with his WOLVERINE, he'll have the mega-success (yes, I believe in Aronofsky this much) that there could very well be a possibility of him tacking BATMAN....    At least, that's pretty much what he's hinting at here.   Excuse me, it's time for more pain medicine...   damn this smarts...   Actually, it's pretty insane to be on pain meds talking about Aronofsky...  but there's no way I could type if I weren't...   but I'm so gonna get in that Red Dress!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »
I'd watch ANYTHING by Aronofsky!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Darren Aranofsky doing comic book movies (big titles, not ones I've never heard of) would be the greatest thing.

As far as I'm concerned he can write/direct every Spiderman/Batman/Wolverine/X-Men/Superman movie ever to be made from now on.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: I'm just that kinda guy
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
Darren Aranofsky doing comic book movies (big titles, not ones I've never heard of) would be the greatest thing.

As far as I'm concerned he can write/direct every movie ever to be made from now on.

You made a mistake, but I fixed it for you.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2011, 11:09:44 PM »
Honestly, I thought she did a good job.

I just realized something too.  The two Batman movies feel somewhat disconnected.  In actuality, there's no continuity issues or anything.  But they show very different worlds.  The Gotham of Batman Begins is seedy, run down, a bunch of alleys, and a messed up island containing Arkham.  The Gotham of The Dark Knight is epic in scope, including an intentional use of more daylight shots.  Batman does less stealthy fighting in the sequel.  The Wayne family's elevated subway is never mentioned again.  We see far less Bruce Wayne.  His house was even destroyed.

The actress change makes them feel unrelated in a much more tangible way.  Dawes had a close emotional tie with Bruce and thus was a major part of the story's emotional fabric, arguably the most important part of the movie.  It creates a fundamental emotional disconnect which de-links the films.
Really agree with you here. And it's one of the reasons I prefer Begins to TDK.

Katie was good, and it's too bad she couldn't stick around, because I think Rachel's death would have meant a lot more if it was the same actress. I bought Katie more as a love interest, but Maggie more as the lawyer. And the former was much more important in TDK.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »

And not to be a nerd, but Jason Todd has nothing to do with the Knightfall story arc. It's Dick Grayson as Nightwing that takes up the Batman mantle in his place. And since Nolan has said he'll never use Robin's character, it's doubtful it will go down that path.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #508 on: January 20, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
Wait, rebooting Batman after Nolan is done?

Maybe he meant the comics.

Adami is correct. I meant the comics. Not the current films.

That said, after Nolan's story is done, I would expect that unless Bale is blown away by a new director and his/her vision, that they will start fresh with Batman as well with a new cast and storyline.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
re: What comes after Nolan's trilogy

Darren Aranofsky was rumored to be doing a Batman: Year One movie. That sorta went by the wayside. But yeah, he's the big name attached to what might happen after Nolan is done, because clearly, Nolan is done. Otherwise nothing Bat-oriented would be in the works by Warner Bros.

What Aranofsky does is anyone's guess. If he turns a script idea into a comic arc/graphic novel, ala The Watchmen, and puts that on the screen as a one-off, it could be cool.

But personally, I'd like to see The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel put to the silver screen. It is wholly separate from Nolan's universe, and it is a one-off, so it can bridge the gap until another director has a vision for either where to take what Nolan started, or gets the green light to completely reboot. But that's just me.

If you're interested in my take on The Dark Knight Returns going to the big screen, check out the column I did for legionsofgotham.org:

https://legionsofgotham.blogspot.com/2010/11/op-ed-article-bring-frank-millers-dark.html
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
If they actually did Batman's getting paralyzed,  Imagine who would play Jason Todd.  Who could pull of playing insane?

And not to be a nerd, but Jason Todd has nothing to do with the Knightfall story arc. It's Dick Grayson as Nightwing that takes up the Batman mantle in his place. And since Nolan has said he'll never use Robin's character, it's doubtful it will go down that path.
Damn.  You are right.  I forgot about Dick Grayson.  It's been 20 yrears(?).  Still a great storyline.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:34 PM »
Never fully understanding the character of Bane, I did some background reading and came to the conclusion that Joel Schumacher should be shot for ruining him.....even though Batman & Robin is a laughfest.

But seriously, a character like Bane being used by Nolan? Pure epicness.

Offline inoku

« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
Darren Aranofsky was rumored to be doing a Batman: Year One movie.

:heart

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Please tell me that's real.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
.....Go on.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
Mask is a shoop:

The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
Well yeah, obviously.

I could tell from the pixels.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
At least Anne Hathaway is hotter then both Katie and Maggie.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
I dunno, Maggie is pretty hot.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
Yes, but this:
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
But not as hot as Anne.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
I never look into this thread or read any posts now but I just heard about Anne Hathaway -of whom I've been a huge fan over the last 4 years- and had to come here and say YOOOHOOO!!
As if you didn't have enough reason to hate Christian Bale out of jealousy before.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
But not as hot as Anne.
I don't find Maggie particularly attractive at all (as far as actresses go, anyway). I never did care for that casting choice.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: January 23, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
@Samsara: I know Frank Miller told Zack Snyder that if he ever wanted to do The Dark Knight Returns, he had Frank's permission.  Whether he'll actually do it after Nolan's trilogy ends is another matter.