Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 352744 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I am also wondering if the pictures with the time stamps are referencing songs from the albums...

Afterlife
Metropolis
Caught In A Web
Peruvian Skies
The Dance of Eternity (And  :rollin at the reference to the misheard lyric in Metropolis Pt.1, "death is the first dancing turtle")
The Great Debate
Stream of Consciousness
Octavarium
In The Presence of Enemies/The Dark Eternal Night (?)
The Count of Tuscany
Bridges In The Sky
Engima Machine
Heavens Cove (this doesn't have the tracklistings)
S2N

The written plaque on the viewfinder in the slide after the piano octave picture is different than what is written on the tour flyers.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
I'm definitely more excited for this than for D/T, most likely because of the longer songs. heh.

Online MirrorMask

Didn't pick up on the 15, but that's pretty cool.  I like the artwork a lot.
A huge step up from the d/t cover.  A have a feeling this new album is gonna be very melodic and positive.  :coolio

That's my gut feeling as well. An overall positive vibe like Octavarium, but with bit more of punch.

The guy on the reddit page, who supposedly had access to the vinyl before hand, implied that the album is called "View From The Top of the World".

I think it's a possibility the song is called "A View From..." and the album is only "View From...", like in "The Astonishing" (album) and "Astonishing" (song).

It's completely possible, I wouldn't be surprised about it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Look ar what you saw in our teasers… what was a recurring thing?
What comes to mind for me is that every photo was an out of context closeup of some bit of album art.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Ben_Jamin

I'm definitely more excited for this than for D/T, most likely because of the longer songs. heh.

The shortest song is TT at 6:25 compared to Paralyzed at 4:47 on D/T. There are 10 songs on D/T and 7 on "A View From The Top of The World (?)" D/T is also only 57 minutes long minus Viper King, I would still consider it 61 minutes long because I don't know anyone who has a copy without Viper King. "AVFTTOTW" has Three songs around the 10 minute mark, Three around 6 minutes, and one 20 min Epic. That's about 70 minutes worth of music. 10 minutes more than D/T. That's another 10 minute song you could add to D/T to make it equal to the "AVFTTOTW" total album time.

We are getting more music than we did on D/T, and that's including it having longer songs, only 7 songs, and one being a 20-min epic. That's why I am excited, and if their enthusiasm in the interviews are to go off on, I am just as excited.

If that is the album cover, than that makes me more enthused about the album, as sometimes the album cover really does describe how the album sounds. A great example is the album art to Grace Under Pressure.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline JRuless

Look ar what you saw in our teasers… what was a recurring thing?
What comes to mind for me is that every photo was an out of context closeup of some bit of album art.

And as the plaque shows as a snippet on the first video it could be confirmation that the tourpicture IS indeed the albumart.

Offline Architeuthis

I see we are finally coming back down to Earth in the Album Covers Meta story theme I can see happening with the album covers.

Since, Black Clouds and Silver Linings, each album cover has been telling some sort of story. As the door opens, we witness a circus clown on a unicycle riding a tightrope about to snap high above the clouds as a plane passes by. Apparently he gets by okay, as we "cross the bridges in the sky" "breaking all illusions" out into space. Peering through "The Looking Glass" we see Planet Earth, beautiful and illuminating. We come across a distant future dystopian world where "People just don't have the time for music anymore, and no one seems to care." This world is ruled by a Nefarious leader who rules over The Great Northern Empire with his Noise Machines. "The savior in the square" reunites the empire while his brother succumbs to fate, along with the Rulers son. The Great Northern Empire becomes Astonishing again. We now become "Untethered Angels falling into darkness" as we descend into a world ruled by machines, as the cover indicates Machine has now ruled over man, have the NOMACS conquered the humans in The Astonishing (?)...After receiving a signal, we have acquired a connection back home. Being "Out of Reach" and so far away "At Wit's End", we navigate circling back seeing Earth as a "Pale Blue Dot", all that "Ever is and ever was" for humans lies within that single dot.

IF this is the album cover. We now arrive back on Earth, with A View From The Top Of The World.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 :corn
I like you're take!  :tup    Except for the Out of Reach part.  That song is just about a hot chick that some dude is pining over who is obviously out of his league..   :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline IDontNotDoThings

The shortest song is TT at 6:25 compared to Paralyzed at 4:47 on D/T. There are 10 songs on D/T and 7 on "A View From The Top of The World (?)" D/T is also only 57 minutes long minus Viper King, I would still consider it 61 minutes long because I don't know anyone who has a copy without Viper King. "AVFTTOTW" has Three songs around the 10 minute mark, Three around 6 minutes, and one 20 min Epic. That's about 70 minutes worth of music. 10 minutes more than D/T. That's another 10 minute song you could add to D/T to make it equal to the "AVFTTOTW" total album time.

We are getting more music than we did on D/T, and that's including it having longer songs, only 7 songs, and one being a 20-min epic. That's why I am excited, and if their enthusiasm in the interviews are to go off on, I am just as excited.

If that is the album cover, than that makes me more enthused about the album, as sometimes the album cover really does describe how the album sounds. A great example is the album art to Grace Under Pressure.

uM aCtUaLlY Paralyzed is 4:17 & the shortest song on D/T is Out Of Reach at 4:04 smh get it right
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think the shortest full band DT song is The Answer from The Astonishing. I don't think it's even two minutes ?

For me - Distance Over Time is the best length for songs / albums. My favourite 'epic' is Octavarium and imo they haven't matched it since.

• EB
Also, the word "vision" is on the tour image - could be possible the song it actually titled A Vision From The Top Of The World. I mean, probably not but it's possible.  :lol
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Also - as with D/T the whole puzzle thing does nothing for me and i'll just read this thread to get updates and wait for official info.

I'm a big fan of when bands release ALL THE INFO at once out of the blue.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
I am also wondering if the pictures with the time stamps are referencing songs from the albums...

Afterlife
Metropolis
Caught In A Web
Peruvian Skies
The Dance of Eternity (And  :rollin at the reference to the misheard lyric in Metropolis Pt.1, "death is the first dancing turtle")
The Great Debate
Stream of Consciousness
Octavarium
The Count of Tuscany
Bridges In The Sky
Engima Machine
S2N

The written plaque on the viewfinder in the slide after the piano octave picture is different than what is written on the tour flyers.

That's pretty much spot on as for what I had in mind when I scripted the teaser campaign...

Offline Ben_Jamin

I see we are finally coming back down to Earth in the Album Covers Meta story theme I can see happening with the album covers.

Since, Black Clouds and Silver Linings, each album cover has been telling some sort of story. As the door opens, we witness a circus clown on a unicycle riding a tightrope about to snap high above the clouds as a plane passes by. Apparently he gets by okay, as we "cross the bridges in the sky" "breaking all illusions" out into space. Peering through "The Looking Glass" we see Planet Earth, beautiful and illuminating. We come across a distant future dystopian world where "People just don't have the time for music anymore, and no one seems to care." This world is ruled by a Nefarious leader who rules over The Great Northern Empire with his Noise Machines. "The savior in the square" reunites the empire while his brother succumbs to fate, along with the Rulers son. The Great Northern Empire becomes Astonishing again. We now become "Untethered Angels falling into darkness" as we descend into a world ruled by machines, as the cover indicates Machine has now ruled over man, have the NOMACS conquered the humans in The Astonishing (?)...After receiving a signal, we have acquired a connection back home. Being "Out of Reach" and so far away "At Wit's End", we navigate circling back seeing Earth as a "Pale Blue Dot", all that "Ever is and ever was" for humans lies within that single dot.

IF this is the album cover. We now arrive back on Earth, with A View From The Top Of The World.

I like you're take!  :tup    Except for the Out of Reach part.  That song is just about a hot chick that some dude is pining over who is obviously out of his league..   :lol

Exactly, one of the "We" misses this hot chick so much that when he returns she won't be out of reach anymore.  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

uM aCtUaLlY Paralyzed is 4:17 & the shortest song on D/T is Out Of Reach at 4:04 smh get it right

This...

I just took a quick glance at the track times. I'll fix it now...

Offline Ben_Jamin

Afterlife
Metropolis
Caught In A Web
Peruvian Skies
The Great Debate
Stream of Consciousness
Octavarium
The Count of Tuscany
Bridges In The Sky
Engima Machine
S2N

That's pretty much spot on as for what I had in mind when I scripted the teaser campaign...

:tup

I noticed when I really looked at the cover art and then the picture of the City and thought..."Ohhh...I see it now. Metropolis." and then The Spider Web confirmed it.

I liked how the teaser campaign was done and I find it cool how the Viewfinder played into the overall reveal of the album art/art-concept. I wonder if the pictures that are in the entire picture disc at the end are the pictures used in the liner notes. And it would be awesome if the CD or even the Vinyl artwork is the picture disc with the Album titles and tracklisting.

Offline Architeuthis

Exactly, one of the "We" misses this hot chick so much that when he returns she won't be out of reach anymore.  :lol
Yeah, but by that time she might be a divorcee raging alcoholic with four kids living off the state.   :facepalm:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline zappafrank2112

Let's just hope the album has a good drum sound!

Or at least better than what we've been getting.

• EB

Afterlife
Metropolis
Caught In A Web
Peruvian Skies
The Great Debate
Stream of Consciousness
Octavarium
The Count of Tuscany
Bridges In The Sky
Engima Machine
S2N

You're making me think we're still missing something.  :justjen

Offline Architeuthis

The drum sound was pretty stellar on the last two albums imo, especially d/t. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

The drum sound was pretty stellar on the last two albums imo, especially d/t.

The Christmas medley was pretty much perfect sound-wise.

D/T was pretty amazing as well, so I feel we should already stop worrying so much about the drum sound.  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jayvee3

Agreed. Never understood it myself. Love MM, and the only albums mix that sounds somewhat muffled to me was ADTOE and that was everything, not just the drums. The version of the self titled I had also seemed to have this, however, I went back to iTunes and got the lossless version, and it was an incredible improvement over whatever version I originally had. It sounds great, and the drums are terrific in that mix for DT. To me anyway, but I’m an old fart… 😉

Offline IDontNotDoThings

This...

Don't worry, I was just playing it up for sarcasm. I know it's not that big of a deal. :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Ben_Jamin

This...

Don't worry, I was just playing it up for sarcasm. I know it's not that big of a deal. :lol

Yeah, that just means that it's even more music we are getting with DT15 than I first thought.  :rollin

• EB
Love MM, and the only albums mix that sounds somewhat muffled to me was ADTOE and that was everything, not just the drums.
Yeah dude. Am I the only one who hears that horrible hissing sound (which has to come from from terribly EQd cymbals/overhead drum mics) in the choruses of Outcry? This has bothered me since the album came out and to my knowledge no one else has ever commented on it.  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
A huge step up from the d/t cover.  A have a feeling this new album is gonna be very melodic and positive.  :coolio

JP has said about the new album in an interview: "The record is filled with energy and excitement and positivity. I'm excited about it."

So yeah it sounds like it will be a positive and uplifting album.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online MirrorMask

I hope for some great vibes! I remember the first times I was hearing Metropolis and was amazed at how the "unusual" (for one who was never exposed so far to prog) and great the vocal lines were in the verses, I hope for something like that. Not another Metropolis of course, but a song that makes you shiver by the way the melody unfolds.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline nikatapi

A testament to how relevant i still think Dream Theater are, but i can't help but being super-hyped for this album.
All the other bands i grew up with still get me moderately interested when they have a new release, but for DT, i really can't wait to hear the new material.

Offline Architeuthis

JP has said about the new album in an interview: "The record is filled with energy and excitement and positivity. I'm excited about it."

This is great!  I also read what the other band members James, Jordan, and Mike saying that they themselves are totally blown away after listening back to it and that they have reached a new level. 
John Myung is absolutely speechless!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:25:57 AM by Architeuthis »

Offline Peter Mc

What else could the album be called if it's The Top of the World Tour? Sitting On Top of the World? Flying to the Top Of The World? Spinning My Top Of The World?

The DT12 tour was called Along For The Ride so not related to the album title at all, although the album didn’t actually have a title!

Offline rab7

What else could the album be called if it's The Top of the World Tour? Sitting On Top of the World? Flying to the Top Of The World? Spinning My Top Of The World?

The DT12 tour was called Along For The Ride so not related to the album title at all, although the album didn’t actually have a title!

There were 2 options:

1) Dream Theatour

2) Dream Theater Tour to promote Dream Theater by Dream Theater, sometimes in a theater

Offline Trav86

My guess is the pictures that we’re seeing for the tour info, are just a partial picture of the artwork. If you remember when the astonishing live tour teaser came out, it was just a partial view of a nomac in the sky.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Dream Team

So I’ll ask again: does anyone recall the guys ever being this hyped for an album?

Offline chwik

• Shadows of the Sun

There were 2 options:

1) Dream Theatour

2) Dream Theater Tour to promote Dream Theater by Dream Theater, sometimes in a theater

Could have been  called D-Tour - we’ll get there, eventually!

Offline Peter Mc

I haven’t seen much regarding the new album but I remember them being pretty hyped for the last one.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)

This is great!  I also read what the other band members James, Jordan, and Mike saying that they themselves are totally blown away after listening back to it and that they have reached a new level. 
John Myung is absolutely speechless!!!

:lol I can't believe nobody took up on that!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael