Author Topic: Concerts for 2024  (Read 9240 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Concerts for 2024
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2024, 06:57:46 PM »
Melissa Bonny is fucking amazing, I'm so bummed they're skipping the PNW this tour.

Next up for me is a brutal night with Allegaeon, Septic Flesh, and Cattle Decapitation (mostly going for Allegaeon the openers, but will hang for the other bands)

Offline Glasser

« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2024, 07:42:15 PM »
I lost out on Manowar reunion tickets. Will check closer to the show to see if anyone has a few extra tickets as some ppl bail late.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2024, 09:58:59 AM »
And in other news, I got an early access live nation code for the $25 ticket sale this week (not sure how).  Scooped up these today:

July 12th - Dirty Heads, Slightly Stoopid, Common Kings & Elovators @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 27th - Sammy Hagar & Loverboy @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 17th - 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI & Poppy @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY
August 30th - Bret Michaels  @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Looks like its busted to work on some of the other venues though, so hopefully thats fixed for the public sale because there's more tickets I want.

The livenation sale is public and now I was able to get some more tickets that weren't working before:

May 22nd - Parliament Funkadelic & Dumpstaphunk @ Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
July 20th - Bouncing Souls @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ - they haven't announced support bands yet, hoping for something good!
August 2nd - Iration & Pepper @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
August 3rd - The Struts @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
August 25th - Sublime with Rome & G. Love and the Special Sauce @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2024, 10:10:40 AM »
Yep, I got a fair amount of $25.00 tickets myself.  Too bad, FivePoint Amphitheater closed, since I could have gotten another 2-3 shows at that price there, but I'm pleased with the shows I bought.

Third Eye Blind and Yellowcard - Greek Theater - Los Angeles, CA.  June 20th, 2024.
Creed headlining the Summer of '99 and Beyond Festival (Daughtry, Three Doors Down, Vertical Horizon, Finger Eleven, and whatever corpse is left of Fuel) - Glen Helen Amphitheater - San Benardino, CA.  August 31st 2024.
Lindsey Stirling - Greek Theater - Los Angeles, CA.  September 10th, 2024
Breaking Benjamin and Staind with Daughtry opening - Honda Center - Anaheim, CA. October 13th, 2024.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 10:21:26 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: May 08, 2024, 10:12:49 AM »
Creed headlining the Summer of '99 and Beyond Festival (Daughtry, Three Doors Down, Vertical Horizon, Finger Eleven, and whatever corpse is left of Fuel) - Glen Helen Amphitheater, San Benardino, CA.

That's a great deal.  The local Creed show is completely sold out so no opportunity for tickets.  Their second local show on the fall tour is also completely sold out.  I'm currently priced out of either of those shows. Maybe something pops up day of.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #320 on: May 08, 2024, 10:17:59 AM »
Yeah.  I was hoping that the lawn seats for that festival would be on this year's Live Nation $25.00 deal and it did, but those lawn tickets sold out fast.  I'm looking at the page now and they don't have those $25.00 lawn seats anymore.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #321 on: May 08, 2024, 12:04:00 PM »
Ok, so it looks like a fair amount of the $25.00 tickets in my area for the rock/metal shows are already gone.  Creed, Body Count at the Anaheim House of Blues.  I think Blink 182 at SoFi Stadium had a few of those tickets.  I see Amon Amarth playing in Anaheim at the Honda Center this month and they got $25.00 tickets.  Give me a quick sell on these guys on if I should go.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2024, 01:25:10 PM »
Ok, so it looks like a fair amount of the $25.00 tickets in my area for the rock/metal shows are already gone.  Creed, Body Count at the Anaheim House of Blues.  I think Blink 182 at SoFi Stadium had a few of those tickets.  I see Amon Amarth playing in Anaheim at the Honda Center this month and they got $25.00 tickets.  Give me a quick sell on these guys on if I should go.

Two Words- Rowing pit.... https://youtu.be/vxDJGw83Qy4

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2024, 01:30:31 PM »

Two Words- Rowing pit.... https://youtu.be/vxDJGw83Qy4

Here's my rowing pit from LA two years ago for them: https://youtu.be/z9iwuvbOjC4?si=X2jWyArxbGzJAbkF&t=3844

quite epic.

Amon are actually playing in NJ tomorrow.  It's not part of the sale since it's almost sold out already, but I'm not planning on going. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2024, 02:00:39 PM »
All right, that's convincing enough for me.

Amon Amarth - Honda Center - Anaheim, CA.  May 25th, 2024.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2024, 02:13:44 PM »
 :lol it'll be fun, but thats one heavy hard hitting line up

Last Saturday I went to the Sum 41 farewell tour show in NJ with the Interrupters opening.  It was the first show of the Stone Pony Summer Stage this year and being that it's not summer, no surprise the weather wasn't so great.  Luckily, it was just cold and a light rain and not worse.  Venue was sold out and packed to the brim as expected from previous shows there.  I really was hoping maybe they'd limit tickets because it's uncomfortably packed there at times, but seems the same as usual!

There was actually a rap artist opening, we opted to chill at a nearby bar instead of going in to see them.  The Interrupters were good as usual.  They did play a bunch of songs I hadn't seen yet, since I didn't go to their headline show at the same venue last year, so it worked out well for me to get to see some new songs.  I thought it was funny to see the singer so bundled up too, being from Southern Cali, I guess that cool outdoors probably felt a lot colder than I felt. 

Sum 41 were awesome and so much fun.  I enjoyed this set much more than 2 years ago when they played the same venue.  We got like 7 more songs this time around too.  Crowd was energetic and fun.  The mosh pit looked so fun, but I didn't want to leave my gf so I stayed out of it.  Lots of smoke and confetti for the stage show as well as back drops that changed similar to the way IM does it.  I'm not sure there were any backing tracks either. It felt 100% live with one of the guitarists using a keyboard for the effects (if any, most songs were just punk rock).  The best part of the night though, was easily the end.  The finished the set, as usual, and about half the venue had exited with the house lights on, but the keyboardist and singer came back out to do "a proper farewell" as the singer stated and did a song called So Long Goodbye.  It was SO emotional. I'd be shocked if this doesn't make my top 10 concert moments of the year list.  Who knows if this is truly their farewell, they are wayyy too young to call it quits IMO, but I don't know whats going on inside their band camp.  If they never come back, I can be very satisfied with how their last show ended for me. 

Sum 41 & The Interrupters LIVE @ SOLD OUT Stone Pony Summer Stage Asbury Park NJ 5/4/2024

Next up, a Mother's day special:

May 12th - Blind Guardian & Night Demon @ Palladium Times Square, New York City NY

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2024, 03:57:25 PM »
:lol it'll be fun, but thats one heavy hard hitting line up

I mean I'll be up in the bad nosebleed sections so I'll just be witnessing everything around me rather than be a part of it.  Which is why I sorta passed during the window that the Body Count show at the House of Blues had the GA tickets for $25.00.  I know they want the crowds to be the metal aggressive crowds and I just don't know if I have the stamina and fortitude to endure all of that in the GA section.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #327 on: Today at 02:54:13 AM »
Saxon & Uriah Heep rocked the Keswick Weds night. Saxon was good but UH was OUTSTANDING! Almost 100 years between these two bands and they still kick ass! :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: Today at 09:02:29 AM »
I mean I'll be up in the bad nosebleed sections so I'll just be witnessing everything around me rather than be a part of it.  Which is why I sorta passed during the window that the Body Count show at the House of Blues had the GA tickets for $25.00.  I know they want the crowds to be the metal aggressive crowds and I just don't know if I have the stamina and fortitude to endure all of that in the GA section.

I hear ya, I'm too old and fat to be in those pits too.  I'd much rather have the birds eye view of the madness. Kind of goes to what I was saying in the Judas Priest thread.  Even if I'm not in the pit, a bit just existing can make the concert so much more fun and energetic. My video of that row pit was from a safe distance away, but man, that Amon Amarth set was incredible partly because of how good the crowd was.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #329 on: Today at 06:56:53 PM »
Here at the Kamelot, Hammerfall, and Ad Infinitum show. Great way to celebrate the end of classes this semester.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD