Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024: Conference Finals. Stars/Oilers and Rangers/Panthers  (Read 29991 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Hello Darkness.....
« Reply #1085 on: May 19, 2024, 12:31:00 AM »
The Bs would have to throw in a few 1st round draft picks for that to make sense. I’m Leary of any team going after Ullmark, lest they get “Sabres” Ullmark. I’m still not sure if he’s really as good as he’s been in a Boston uniform.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1086 on: May 19, 2024, 12:37:29 AM »
The Bs would have to throw in a few 1st round draft picks for that to make sense. I’m Leary of any team going after Ullmark, lest they get “Sabres” Ullmark. I’m still not sure if he’s really as good as he’s been in a Boston uniform.

I thought Sabres Ullmark was still a pretty good goalie. The problem was the Sabres part.
At least that’s what we were sold.

Not for nothing but he’s been outstanding in his three years here including last year’s Vezina.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1087 on: May 20, 2024, 11:42:56 AM »
For that trade to make sense for GM Ken Holland, Boston could offer Ullmark, Jake DeBrusk, and a first for Draisaitl, and Holland would sign that faster than you can say, "hey, aren't the Red Wings still paying off that 7-year deal he gave Justin Abdelkader?"
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Oilers vs Canucks. Game 7 Day.
« Reply #1088 on: May 20, 2024, 12:10:34 PM »
I think this season is Ken Holland's last season with the Oilers and I think, behind the scenes, there's been a bit of a power shift in Oilers management, so I don't think Holland gets to be the one that makes the desperate trade for a more proven goalie if the Oilers can't get over the hump and win the cup.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1089 on: May 20, 2024, 12:28:48 PM »
Holland is done this summer, and plans to allegedly retire. No way executive mgmt lets him make any big deals.

Any trade for a goalie is going to include Campbell going the other way. Or dumped to a team looking to get to the cap floor, if there's even any of those left with Arizona moving to Utah. Boston can't afford to take salary dump contracts. Also, they don't have the rights to Jake DeBrusk. If the Oil want him, they'll just sign him in July which i sure fucking hope they don't. He's going to get a contract he can't possibly live up to.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1090 on: May 20, 2024, 01:07:32 PM »
Boston can't afford to take salary dump contracts.

Well, they'll $21m open, plus another $5m if the can move Ullmark, but no way they're taking Goalie money back.

Also, they don't have the rights to Jake DeBrusk. If the Oil want him, they'll just sign him in July which i sure fucking hope they don't. He's going to get a contract he can't possibly live up to.

He's a streaky player, and I do like him, but you're right. How I feel about him will come down to the contract. I think he's gone because someone will take the cheese on him. To be fair, he played the last half season with a broken hand, and played pretty decent in the playoffs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1091 on: May 20, 2024, 02:01:48 PM »
I’m seeing some ridiculously ludicrous suggestions of a Marner trade. It’s all conjecture at this point, but some of the shit YT “influencers” / hockey channels / sports beat writers toss out there is beyond laughable.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1092 on: May 20, 2024, 04:41:33 PM »
I’m seeing some ridiculously ludicrous suggestions of a Marner trade. It’s all conjecture at this point, but some of the shit YT “influencers” / hockey channels / sports beat writers toss out there is beyond laughable.

Ah the interwebs. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NHL 2023-2024: Conference Finals. Stars/Oilers and Rangers/Panthers
« Reply #1093 on: May 20, 2024, 11:33:05 PM »
Glad the Oilers took that game. Both CF’s are looking to be really good.