Author Topic: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)  (Read 125607 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Ask TempusVox Thread (page 24)
« Reply #840 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
charlie dominici is on this board and no doubt he's more famous here than you.

I don't see any reason for the secrecy
Bloody hell, just let it go already, what's with the needless harrassment? He's not going to tell you, so if you have nothing to add to this thread, please leave it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #841 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »
Bloody hell

Uh oh, you made Rich swear....

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #842 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:23 AM »
On a scale of one to eleven, how disappointed are you that you aren't responsible for the phrase, "We're going psychosane. Mother fucking psychosane.", which will obviously go down as one of the greatest in the history of the English language?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #843 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
Sorry for asking a simple question.

I find it ridiculous. I could go to any board I want, claim to be a famous author/actor/singer/whoever, and as long as I make up some good, believable, plausible stories people might believe me.

If he doesn't want this laid to rest, fine, but I'm not harassing him. he's the one flaunting his so-called status; I'm just asking for proof

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #844 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »
What was the toughest game you played during your Pac 10 career?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #845 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »
Sorry for asking a simple question.

I find it ridiculous. I could go to any board I want, claim to be a famous author/actor/singer/whoever, and as long as I make up some good, believable, plausible stories people might believe me.

If he doesn't want this laid to rest, fine, but I'm not harassing him. he's the one flaunting his so-called status; I'm just asking for proof

And you've been warned to let it go and stop derailing the thread with your own personal agenda items.  You have already earned a perm ban at least a couple of times in the past, but have been given second chances.  You clearly have no further intention of following moderators' instructions on this forum, so you are no longer welcome here.  Goodbye.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #846 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
???

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #847 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »
Looks like the DTF IT Crowd Fan Club lost another member.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #848 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
Will's character arc on DTF was interesting to follow. 

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
« Reply #849 on: August 02, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
goddamit bosk you are so literally hitler

will was just trying to be a brave denizen.
hi

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #850 on: August 02, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
 :corn
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #851 on: August 02, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »

will was just trying to be a brave denizen.

Auf Wiedersehen, mein Freund.  :hitler:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »
Well, uh...

Yep.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2012, 12:41:21 PM »

So? I'm worse. Much, much worse.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #854 on: August 02, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
Yes, you are clearly worse. :p

Now if everyone could kindly veer back on topic that would be fantastic.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #855 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
Is it safe to stand up yet?

(that's a question for TV btw, so we are on topic :P )

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #856 on: August 02, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »
Tempus, what's the meaning of life?
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #857 on: August 02, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
Will's character arc on DTF was interesting to follow.

He was like the Queensryche of DTF

RIP Willsryche
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #858 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »
I can't remember yesterday.  I just remember doing what they told me.  ...told me.  ...told me.  ...told me.  :mindcrime:

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #859 on: August 02, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
Wow...I literally missed all of this crap.

From now on, everyone can call me Harold. I'm a truck driver from Skokie, Illinois. I've never been out of the state (I drive a local route transporting boiled ham products from deli to deli...and not a brand you would recognize like Boars Head, so I won't bother to tell you, as it's really unimportant). My old ladies name is Gladys, but most folks just call her Glad for short. I have this thing I do each day when I drag my weary ass home from slinging meat, I'll say, "You happy, Glad?" and I usually get a smile out of her. Some days, she just cries cuz', well see, I always wanted to be somebody special, so I make shit up about my life. And not stuff like I actually finished that associates degree in farm technology at the junior college, no I make up really crazy over the top implausible shit, cause I like people to think I'm a fucking idiot. Sorry. The doc says it wouldn't happen so much if I took those pills, although apparently there is no real cure for my specific pathology, but the damn things make my mouth dry somehting awful, and well, if I'm actually honest wit ya's, they sort of make my pecker kinda soft too. Glad says so longs as I have an outlet like on this here site, and I'm not telling the neighbors shit like I'm an astronaut an stuff, it's okay. I know I should take the meds, but we get by. I don't have any friends really. Not cause I make shit up but because I smell like boiled ham all the time and no one wants to be around someone who smells like that. I did have one friend I used to drink with, his name was Ted. He wore Rush t-shirts all the time. I'm not making that up, it's like he had a whole drawer full of them or something. Anyway, I've never really heard Rush, but Ted says they were good; so's I just told everybody I knows 'em so people will like me. Hell, don't be angry, I told the neighbors I met them all at Space Camp. Anyways, hello everybody!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #860 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:20 PM »
Hi Harry. 

:itsatrap:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #861 on: August 02, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
When did you know that you wanted to be a truck driver? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #862 on: August 02, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »
Do the mods know who you really are?
How did you come to be a mod?
How many novels have you written/had published?

1) No, and they don't ask really.
2) I think it was back when itchy decided to flip out. Cant remember. I used to lurk waaay back in he EZ Board days. At one time I think I was like number #10 or something. Lost my log in and had to register all over again.
3) I have published more than 15 novels.

How does your son attract all the ladies? Judging from past stories, he sounds like quite the ladies man

My son is a scholar and an athlete at his school. He also sings in his school choir. He's so much like me in many ways it scares the living hell out of me. One big difference, he has his head on straight more than I did at his age, and he has me to help steer him down the right path hopefully if he veers too far off course. He THINKS he's more of a ladies man than he actually is...I THINK!!! At least I hope so...damn! Thinking about it makes me want to run out and buy him some condoms right now!

1. So, have my requests for me to have secondary mod access restored been heard?  If so, what results?
2. What type of writings do you do?  If fiction, what style?  If nonfiction, what category?
3. What book not written by you would you recommend to me?  I need motivation to start reading again, and while I intend to read The Hobbit again before the movie comes out, my Tolkien books are at my parents and I'm not buying them again...

BTW Thanks for the tip on the hotel and the restaurant, they were both great... best eggs I have ever had :)

1. I don't really know the answer to your first question. I think at one point it was decided to just roll with what we had at the time because there were some other things going on with the board, and until that was decided things were going to stand pat. At least thats my recollection. Perhaps Bosk or someone else wants to chime in on this. If not, I'll find out an answer for you!
2. I write fiction. Usually pretty dark.  :omg:
3. Read any of the Prey novels by John Sandford. Start from the beginning...

I'm really glad you enjoyed the breakfast. Evrey time I'm in Chicago, it's like a tradition. Good stuff. Did you say at The Willows? Neat little place.

On a scale of one to eleven, how disappointed are you that you aren't responsible for the phrase, "We're going psychosane. Mother fucking psychosane.", which will obviously go down as one of the greatest in the history of the English language?

All I can say is Heavy thunder blows my mind, knocks me senseless all the time.  :metal   :biggrin:

What was the toughest game you played during your Pac 10 career?

The year we won the Orange Bowl, we played Miami of Ohio. Several friends of mine from high school were on that team. We beat them 53-7. It wasn't even close, and I felt for a lot of those guys. As for most challenging,  it would have to be that Orange Bowl against Oklahoma. Also, losing to Penn State the year before was really tough. Interesting side note, my wife and I were watching tv last week, and I remembered I had met Jerry Sandusky back then. Of course he met thousands of people through the years, but through all of this stuff with him, I'd forgotten all about that.

Is it safe to stand up yet?

(that's a question for TV btw, so we are on topic :P )

I think only if you're the real Slim Shady.  :biggrin:

Tempus, what's the meaning of life?

To live and to love!  :metal Someone I know once said...
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect
So hard to earn, so easily burned
In the fullness of time
A garden to nurture and protect .  :biggrin:   :metal

Hi Harry. 

Awww...you blew it. You should have asked "How's it hanging Harry?" I would have responded, "Softly...it's hanging softly."  :biggrin:

When did you know that you wanted to be a truck driver? ;D

Right after I got out of the Navy. (BTW- I told you earlier I have never left Illinois. That's true. My ship was stuck in port near Chicago the whole time I was in the Navy. ) I met Glad at an all night diner. She wasn't waitressing, she was offering hand jobs to the graduates of the nearby barber college. Trouble was, no one had graduated since she started offering them, so she hadn't made any money yet. I got kindly sweet on her that first night. She was so nice to me. She was real cute too, once you got past the moustache and all.  :biggrin:

In all sincerety it troubles me a great deal to think someone was banned in this thread. I think after this I'm gonna take a break for a while.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:59:51 PM by TempusVox »

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #863 on: August 02, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »
Do you think in terms of characters first or story first?

To elaborate, do you let the character dynamics make the story flow, or do you prefer there to be a very specific conflict that drives forward the actions and personalities of the characters?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: August 02, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
How many novels have you written/had published?
3) I have published more than 15 novels.

I was gonna ask if you were J. K. Rowling but I guess not.

How does it feel to be famous? Do you get a lot of people asking for autographs and stuff? Did you lie about not being Stephen King?  :P
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #865 on: August 02, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »
Do you think in terms of characters first or story first?

To elaborate, do you let the character dynamics make the story flow, or do you prefer there to be a very specific conflict that drives forward the actions and personalities of the characters?

Good question. I think it's a little of both. I like my characters to develop throughout the story. Of course I have a story line or idea first, and then I think about "Okay, who is going to be impacted by this story the most, or who might drive this story?" I like to keep my characters on their toes sometimes too. What I mean is I don't always have an entire story arc for my characters  from start to finish. I've had characters get killed in a story sometimes when I hadn't originally intended for that to happen. Of course, you can't really do that with the lead protagonist midway through the story. I'd have people with lit torches standing on my front lawn.   :lol
But I like to let the layers develop with my characters throughout. Because, I'm learning about them just as the reader is sometimes. 

I have written a few things where I start with character, and then think, "Okay, what scenario can I put him or her into that really creates conflict for them?'

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #866 on: August 02, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Following Zanders question, not sure how to put this but how do you get your inspiration? Does a story or a character suddenly comes to your mind or do you get bored and decide that you want to write something? I guess the question would be how does the creative process start?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #867 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »

How does it feel to be famous? Do you get a lot of people asking for autographs and stuff? Did you lie about not being Stephen King?  :P

Fame is directly linked to the acts you commit in the world which would gain you notoriety. In some circles, I guess you could say I'm famous. Others not so much. I have friends and acquaintances who fit the definition of fame rather nicely. I have a few actor friends, who some would feel they are "famous" because they are regularly working on TV, movies, etc.;  but if you asked them directly they would not think they are famous at all on the grand scale of life. Like me...on the grand scale of life...I'm not famous. Oprah Winfrey never had me in her book club. And apparently compared to Charlie Dominici, I'm nobody anyway, so we'll let that be the benchmark.  :biggrin:

I have other friends who are famous, and wish they werent so much. Personally, I see the struggles they have just going to the movies. I've been with them and seen it first hand. I don't want that kind of fame either.

At book signings I get a lot of requests for autographs. Same at various conventions. Most of the time, (99.9%) I walk down the street and no one knows who the hell I am.  :lol

One more thing about this. I have friends of mine through various stages of my life that STILL do not know that I write. I LIKE it that way. I want it that way.
And, no...I'm not Stephen King.  :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:22:23 PM by TempusVox »

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #868 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
Following Zanders question, not sure how to put this but how do you get your inspiration? Does a story or a character suddenly comes to your mind or do you get bored and decide that you want to write something? I guess the question would be how does the creative process start?

Another terriffic question. For me I get an idea and it starts to percolate. It goes through this "baking" process. It's like it's this raw form or idea and it has to cook in my head for a while. I get ideas all the time. Every day. Some die out in the "baking" process, and some take months or years to "cure" or set up. Almost like firing a piece of clay really. I have gotten really good about not letting them drive me crazy, but when things get "really cooking", I start to think about it all the time. Shortly after this happens I start to become obsessed with the idea, and I start to cultivate and let it grow. This is when it's time to start writing. Not unlike an assembly line, once I've started to work it out, and it begins to grow there are times I need to put it back in the oven. But it's a different oven, so to speak. It's no longer at the beginning stage, so it goes to another room full of ovens and cooks there until I think its ready.  :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #869 on: August 03, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
Tempus, I'm in a have my wife or read some your comments about coming up with characters. She writes casually, she writes mainly fanfiction, but she does have a lot of followers for her fanfiction. And no it is not going to turn into 50 shades of gray, believe me.

And no, we did not stay at the Willows. We probably will in tge future, but we ended up staying at the palomar. It is a beautiful hotel. They gave us free champagne because I said that was our anniversary! I anniversary was actually yesterday, but we were in there celebrating it. I thought that was awesome. We ended up staying at the Palomar also because that was like literally a block from the L, and most of the time wherever we were going was going to be ending up by taking the L.  It also worked out great on Sunday because we were both really really drunk when we went back to the hotel after being at trader Todds singing karaoke all night.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #870 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
Tempus, I'm in a have my wife or read some your comments about coming up with characters. She writes casually, she writes mainly fanfiction, but she does have a lot of followers for her fanfiction. And no it is not going to turn into 50 shades of gray, believe me.

And no, we did not stay at the Willows. We probably will in tge future, but we ended up staying at the palomar. It is a beautiful hotel. They gave us free champagne because I said that was our anniversary! I anniversary was actually yesterday, but we were in there celebrating it. I thought that was awesome. We ended up staying at the Palomar also because that was like literally a block from the L, and most of the time wherever we were going was going to be ending up by taking the L.  It also worked out great on Sunday because we were both really really drunk when we went back to the hotel after being at trader Todds singing karaoke all night.

The Palomar is really nice! Glad you had a great time and happy anniversary.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #871 on: August 06, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »
Am I up this week?
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Ask Windmaster Thread (page 25)
« Reply #872 on: August 06, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Indeed.  My memory is for shit.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #873 on: August 06, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
Yo.

A few standard questions:
- How did you find DTF?
- How did you get into DT?
- Which user has the best username/sig/avatar?

And lastly,
- Who the fuck is John Stamos? :biggrin:
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Ok, I couple things before I start answering stuff.

I live in North Carolina and I like music, video games and Ultimate Frisbee. I play the drums and I've been on this forum for almost exactly a year now.

Nothing is really off limits here, just keep 'em coming and keep 'em creative.

Yo.

A few standard questions:
- How did you find DTF?
- How did you get into DT?
- Which user has the best username/sig/avatar?

And lastly,
- Who the fuck is John Stamos? :biggrin:
1. Dude, I honestly don't remember. I might have heard of it somewhere or something before I googled "dream theater forums," but I don't really remember.
2. My friend showed me Hell's Kitchen, which was the first DT song I heard, and I was hooked. I think Rush was my favorite band at the time actually.
3. Username: I'll have to get back to you on that. Sig: I like Gadough's the most, probably. It's got some pretty cool stuff like the cat picture. I hope he never does away with that. Avatar: A tie between ZKX-2099's The Great Misdirect arrow thing and Sigz's GIF.
4. lol  :biggrin:
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.