Author Topic: Evergrey thread.  (Read 105658 times)

Online PixelDream

• Maestro
Re: Evergrey thread.
« Reply #1015 on: May 08, 2024, 05:02:16 AM »
Yes, that CD/DVD is incredible.  They were at their peak on that one.

I still return to that one once every few years. Amazing stuff and indeed their absolute peak as a band.

In Search of Truth - Recreation Day - The Inner Circle, some of the best progressive metal with a dark, gothic edge.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1016 on: May 08, 2024, 07:32:21 PM »
Damn, that new song was excellent.  Good to hear a riff as opposed to just the djent style of chugging they have been doing a lot the last few albums.  Really creative and fresh with more quick simple and excellent duel solo.  Shaping up to be a pretty good album based on these two songs.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1017 on: May 09, 2024, 04:45:33 PM »
The upcoming album is available for review

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1018 on: May 14, 2024, 12:42:53 PM »
Official statement on Jonas….

Gothenburg 14th of May 2024

"Over the last couple of years, my passion within music has gradually shifted from touring and playing live shows to the creative aspect of being in the studio: writing songs, recording, producing, and mixing. It has reached a point where I no longer find joy and excitement in touring, making it difficult to continue. It has felt like I was traveling away from something rather than toward something whenever we would go out to play. Instead, I want to dedicate my time, focus, and energy to writing, producing, and mixing. Therefore, I will no longer be performing gigs or tours as a drummer.

It's important for me to clarify that the lack of passion for playing live is solely the reason for my decision. It wouldn't be fair to the band or to myself to continue doing something that doesn't excite me or bring me happiness.

Equally important for me to mention is that I still hold just as much love for the guys in the band as before. They will always be like older brothers to me, having taken me under their wings since I was 17 years old. I have nothing but love and respect for them!

It feels like I’m going out with a bang in the most positive sense. I’m so proud of what the five of us have accomplished together with ’Theories of Emptiness’. The album truly feels special in so many ways and I hope that it will translate and resonate with you guys just as much as it does to me, and, I will still be involved in Evergrey in terms of songwriting and production.

With all this being said, we have an incredible drummer ready to take over for me in 2024, and I can't wait to hear and see him play! He's truly exceptional, and I'm sure you'll love him because behind the drums, he's a beast!

Thank you, thank you for everything! /Jonas"
Jonas Ekdahl (Official)

Let's wish Jonas all the best on his future endeavours!
Band statement will follow soon.
Evergrey

• New Album, Theories of Emptiness, out June 7, 2024 via Napalm Records! • Pre-Order: https://lnk.to/EG-TheoriesOfEmptiness

• Check out "Say" and "Falling From the Sun" from the new album "Theories of Emptiness" - link in bio.

#evergrey #evergreyofficial
Tom S Englund
Henrik Danhage
Johan Niemann
Rikard Zander
Napalm Records
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1019 on: May 14, 2024, 12:44:47 PM »
The shock was last week, so this is the expected news.  Cool to see he's not really leaving the band fully.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1020 on: May 14, 2024, 08:04:09 PM »
That's a great situation for all given the circumstances. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.