Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 342817 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2275 on: April 03, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
It's official. Blood clots in both lungs. Staying overnight in the hospital.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2276 on: April 03, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »
Hang in there, dude. Hospitals suck. But on the bright side, being at home with undiagnosed pulmonary embolisms would suck a helluva lot worse.

Do they know how they'll treat it yet?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2277 on: April 03, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »
It's official. Blood clots in both lungs. Staying overnight in the hospital.

WTF?? Does that mean I don't get my Wal Mart widgets delivered tomorrow? Traffic jam in the yard??

Seriously, yikes!! Whatever you do, don't put the Bruins game on.

Take care, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2278 on: April 03, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
El Barto, intravenous and then pills for 3 months.  In 2001 I had to get shots and pills. Now it's only pills.

Tim unfortunately Twitter has let me know that the down 3 nothing
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2279 on: April 03, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
By the way...
I'm having hernia surgery April 9th. Good times! :tup

As to 'recovery time', it depends on whether its inguinal, incisional, femoral, or other.  I had an inguinal 5+ years ago, and it took me three months before I lifted anything over 20 pounds, and I intentionally waited a full year before swinging a golf club.  So don't believe the 'oh, you'll be fine in less then two weeks' crap.  It's all conditional.
And your first 'deuce' will be a painful as hell.

King...there you are in pain, but you still manage to crack us up! :D

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:47:46 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: April 04, 2018, 03:23:06 AM »
 :lol

That the B's were down 3-0.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2281 on: April 04, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »
I rarely ever come into this thread, but I thought that I'd check it out this morning.

King, best wishes. I've got a buddy in Western PA that has had some issues with blood clots over the years, and he's told me quite a few horror stories. I don't envy the discomfort that you're having to go through.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2282 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:56 AM »
 I had labored breathing.  just walking I was out of breath. I have no pain but I knew something was wrong. So I got my butt to the hospital

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2283 on: April 04, 2018, 05:12:42 AM »
All the best to you King.

And stay away from them young nurses.  ;D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2284 on: April 04, 2018, 05:22:11 AM »
LOL. They're all over me. putting plugs all over me.  Lucky me ill probably rip them off and ripping out all my hair.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2285 on: April 04, 2018, 06:06:33 AM »
LOL. They're all over me. putting plugs all over me.  Lucky me ill probably rip them off and ripping out all my hair.

Typing while on medication, or terrible speech recognition, ladies and gentlemen? I'll let you decide.

All the best, King. So do the symptoms persist all through the 3 month treatment? Or is there some way they can get you relief soon?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2286 on: April 04, 2018, 06:53:34 AM »
Get better ya big lug.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2287 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:59 AM »
Talk-to-text is a b****. LOL

Chad you know it.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2288 on: April 04, 2018, 08:38:31 AM »

Better than in you!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2289 on: April 04, 2018, 08:40:10 AM »
Oh I have a hospital story about that. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2290 on: April 04, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
Well, more bad news though I'm already getting the medication for it. When they did the echocardiogram they found that the left side of my heart wasn't functioning at full capacity. So now they got medication to work on a slower harder pump.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2291 on: April 04, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
Well, more bad news though I'm already getting the medication for it. When they did the echocardiogram they found that the left side of my heart wasn't functioning at full capacity. So now they got medication to work on a slower harder pump.

I'd count that as a blessing in disguise. At least they've got a treatment plan for ya identified.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2292 on: April 04, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »
 I thought that myself Gary.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2293 on: April 04, 2018, 12:35:53 PM »
Yup. Being in the hospital being treated for health problems will almost always beat the hell out of being at work unaware of health problems.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2294 on: April 04, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
Joe, just got home from work and I'm making my first hospital room visit. Hanging in there?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2295 on: April 04, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »
Still at the hospital Tim.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2296 on: April 04, 2018, 04:29:10 PM »
One more night, you think?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2297 on: April 04, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »
I think so.  They want to monitor me on this medication.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2298 on: April 04, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
Just poking my head in here to say that I hope you get better soon, King  :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: April 04, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »
Thank you so much.  Lot to do in the next 3 months but we got to get it done.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2300 on: April 05, 2018, 11:07:59 PM »
Speedy recovery Old dude!  And hey... older nurses are OK too!  ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2301 on: April 06, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »
They took care of me well.  I'm home. On meds for the clots and my heart.  Stress test in 2 weeks.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2302 on: April 06, 2018, 05:46:43 AM »
Good to hear, King. Have they given you any restrictions? No beer and the like?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2303 on: April 06, 2018, 05:54:06 AM »
I was already on a diet.  As with everything it's about moderation but the big thing for my heart is sodium.   We haven't used salt at home for 3 months. No deserts at home. I'm already down 33 we just started too late.

Now. I can't have bacon.:sadpanda:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2304 on: April 06, 2018, 05:58:24 AM »
Wait a minute, what did I miss? I didn't know you had a bum ticker! I thought it was some stupid clots in your lungs.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2305 on: April 06, 2018, 06:04:34 AM »
Clots yes in both lungs.   Then they saw the left side of my heart was not running at full capacity.   Stress test in two weeks and I'm on meds for it.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2306 on: April 06, 2018, 06:30:57 AM »
Goddamned, didn't know that, I'm not around here as much as I used to be. I'm sure you and the docs will find a way through it all.

BTW, I'd love to figure out a way to shed 33 pounds that did involve a bunch of mind numbing exercise.  :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2307 on: April 06, 2018, 06:32:34 AM »
So far it's changing how we eat and walking but I need to get to the point of hard exercise.  I'm not there yet.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2308 on: April 06, 2018, 08:44:10 AM »
Well, the last 24 hours wasn't exactly what I'd call 'pleasant', but it was no where near as difficult as I was expecting - or had heard what others' experiences were.  The worst part was trying to choke down round 2 of the meds at 4am this morning.   :-[

Just got back, ate for the first time since yesterday morning, and am now going for a nap.  Otherwise, feeling tip-top.

As for working out - I love it.  Weights, HIIT, cardio, anything.  I have a pretty decent setup in the basement, and that gives me time to watch concert DVDs, or double-dip on non-wife activities and watch hockey games while working out.  I also have a membership at the local college athletic dep't - $250/year, and they have all the equipment I want/need that I don't have at home.  I probably hit that place 2x per week, and workout at home 2-3x per week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2309 on: April 06, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
I probably hit that place 2x per week

Do you just hang out in the steam room?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind