Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 436176 times)

Offline XeRocks81

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7525 on: March 11, 2021, 07:42:54 AM »

Anyway, hoping Illinois lets me get vaccinated soon? I've heard some people have just called their Walgreens and got a vaccine and didn't have to wait to be eligible or whatever they're doing. Hmmmm

it’s probably worth a shot(stupid pun absolutely intended  :biggrin:) especially since you’re not in a busy area they might have extras to give out. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7526 on: March 11, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
So, guys.  What'd I miss?    ;D

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7527 on: March 11, 2021, 08:06:25 AM »

Something about a Biscuit Man...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7528 on: March 11, 2021, 08:06:51 AM »

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #7529 on: March 11, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
Just got my first shot.  Pfizer..
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7530 on: March 11, 2021, 08:23:30 AM »
I suppose the ad hominem thing is one thing, Eric, but I have a bigger issue with someone going to such lengths to justify - smugly - the use of sexist language, as I'm trying to eliminate that kind of behavior from my life myself (not the sexism, the caustic language). But, c'est la vie. Can't have everyone agree with your worldview I suppose. Let's just agree to not interact with each other from now on. You've PMed me offers of peace several times... but then the only other times you interact with me are to call me out on something and have an argument, so I don't quite understand you. Probably best we both move on. If you're lucky I'll get a horrid case of the rona before I get vaccinated and this will never happen again. Truce? Serious.

Stadler, you missed WandaVision. Great show. Highly recommended.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:32:23 AM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7531 on: March 11, 2021, 08:25:56 AM »

Anyway, hoping Illinois lets me get vaccinated soon? I've heard some people have just called their Walgreens and got a vaccine and didn't have to wait to be eligible or whatever they're doing. Hmmmm

it’s probably worth a shot(stupid pun absolutely intended  :biggrin:) especially since you’re not in a busy area they might have extras to give out.

Haha. Maybe. Didn't think of that.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7532 on: March 11, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »
It's a week out from my group being open; I'm going to start calling/visiting the CVS and Walgreen's near me to see if I can get a shot.  My father-in-law and step son (Army) have gotten them so I'm next in the familial hierarchy so to speak.   

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #7533 on: March 11, 2021, 09:10:07 AM »
I suppose the ad hominem thing is one thing, Eric, but I have a bigger issue with someone going to such lengths to justify - smugly - the use of sexist language, as I'm trying to eliminate that kind of behavior from my life myself (not the sexism, the caustic language). But, c'est la vie. Can't have everyone agree with your worldview I suppose. Let's just agree to not interact with each other from now on. You've PMed me offers of peace several times... but then the only other times you interact with me are to call me out on something and have an argument, so I don't quite understand you. Probably best we both move on. If you're lucky I'll get a horrid case of the rona before I get vaccinated and this will never happen again. Truce? Serious.

Not sure how to even reply to this, but I will give it a shot.

So are you saying that you were wrong about the Ad Hominem?  Or are you saying your issue is that you were right about King's words were an Ad Hominem, AND that they were sexist???  On top of that his justification was smug?  Or are you saying I did/said something sexist?
I think brushing that off as "oh well, not everyone will agree with my worldview?" is a cop out.
With all due respect, I think you owe all of us a better explanation....especially King. 

In regards to me specifically, I am going to call BS.  I PM'ed only on the one day you when you treated me in a way that was simply not cool.  I called you out and asked for an apology....to which you responded with MORE of the same uncool treatment.  Then you said you were going to block me.  Don't pull that BS out here in the forum saying I asked for peace several times.

YOU are making this personal with everyone.  I have seen it MANY times in MANY threads where you do the same.  You get very defensive when someone is simply disagreeing with you.  Then when you can't defend your position, you attack with Ad Hominem.  Irony, right?

Seriously Bro, I am getting PM's asking WTF is going on with you.
Maybe...just maybe, you should incorporate some new things into your "worldview"....things like more self-awareness, less defensiveness, less persecution complex, and some modesty to admit you are wrong when you are wrong.

I simply disagreed that Kings words were an Ad Hominem attack IN GENERAL...never said your name.  I then politely showed that clearly you were wrong.  Admit it and move on, or post SOMETHING supporting your position.

IT IS NOTHING PERSONAL.
DISAGREEING WITH YOU IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOU.
I DIDNT EVEN MENTION OR QUOTE YOU IN MY POST...It was a simple stating of my opinion on one side of the argument.

Regardless of what you may think, I am NOT interested in any confrontational interactions here.  The only person I had an actual issue with was Stadler.  I reached out proactively, and accepted my fault, and we moved on.  I have ZERO interest in you in any way.  You treated me poorly, then doubled down in PM.  Its all cool with me.  These issues you have with others here are of your own making. 

Now, I have already expended enough energy going down this rabbit hole with you.  Do or say what you will, I really don't care.  I said you were wrong about the Ad Hominem, and proved it.  Either rebut my position or sit down and shut up about it.
Your issues with King being sexist, or the pity party you throw about "us being lucky you getting rona", or the personal attacks / defensiveness you show are a YOU PROBLEM.
I wash my hands of this BS.

**EDIT...and my apologies to all for derailing the tread.  I just had my fill of this BS.  He could have PM'ed me this BS, but he put it out there, so I responded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:17:08 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7534 on: March 11, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »
All right then. This is childish now. My problem was with sexist, problematic language. THAT was the point. You are so focused on 'right' and 'wrong' and gloating about a victory. That is not how I like to discuss things. You are extremely toxic for me to talk to. I don't have this problem with others here. I have plenty of friends - good friends - here. I know I am not the person you say I am. They do, too.

And if anybody does have a problem with me and is PMing you, they can try talking to me instead of someone who knows nothing about me. And if they can't do that, they don't matter enough for me to care. I didn't come back here to bicker with people I don't even talk to here, like you. I offered you a truce and here you are with another screed dressing down my character which I do take offense to. Enjoy yourself. I'm done and I'm not about to wish ill on you. Just wish you'd stop running your mouth about me when I am trying to just end this peaceably between us. If this is 'BS' - my attempts to placate your belligerent nature - then so be it. Sorry. Truly. I'll always be an asshole to some people.

At this point I don't care about airing this publicly because you are making such an uproar about who I am that I absolutely have to defend myself.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7535 on: March 11, 2021, 09:24:00 AM »
I think you know my past history Mike and I don't use those sexist words much. So the one time I do it becomes a big thing?  In all honesty most would call her worse for her actions.  Me calling her a bitch dwarfs in comparison to her actions. I figured I'd get some latitude with my past history of how I treat people but I guess not.

I'll just call her deplorable for now on.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7536 on: March 11, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »
I realize it was a mistake for me to come back here. Sorry for everything. Here's the pity party again. Later

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7537 on: March 11, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
Joe, there was nothing in your posts that was sexist, and it is asinine for anyone to suggest that there was. Good grief.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #7538 on: March 11, 2021, 09:40:23 AM »
All right then. This is childish now. My problem was with sexist, problematic language. THAT was the point. You are so focused on 'right' and 'wrong' and gloating about a victory. That is not how I like to discuss things.

Oh yes it is childish...but not in the way you think.  You say now that your point was the sexist language, yet you posted these as your responses to King.  I was focused on the incorrect use of the term...that's it...now that you realize you were wrong, you move the goalpost.  That's childish.

As I just said, my issue was with the ad hominem calling her a bitch
I don't think you know what ad hominem means because you completely missed the point.
It's not just an adjective, it's ad hominem, I really think you should research what that term means because otherwise you are completely missing the reason behind those posts, seriously.
How am I using ad hominem incorrectly (I'm not)? Ad hominem is calling someone an asshole or a bitch.
Bro it literally does not matter how you see it, calling someone an asshole or a bitch or any insult like that is an ad hominem.

You said AD HOMINEM...not SEXIST.  I simply disagreed with Ad Hominem....you simply can't admit when you are wrong, and quickly turn defensive.

And if anybody does have a problem with me and is PMing you, they can try talking to me instead of someone who knows nothing about me. And if they can't do that, they don't matter enough for me to care

That is a YOU problem.  Don't bitch to me about it.

I didn't come back here to bicker with people I don't even talk to here, like you.

Yet you constantly bicker with so many different people.  Look for the common denominator....like I said, its a YOU problem.

I offered you a truce and here you are with another screed dressing down my character which I do take offense to. Enjoy yourself. I'm done and I'm not about to wish ill on you. Just wish you'd stop running your mouth about me when I am trying to just end this peaceably between us. If this is 'BS' - my attempts to placate your belligerent nature - then so be it. Sorry. Truly. I'll always be an asshole to some people.

You never "offered a truce" Bro.  But I apologize if any of my attacks on your character hurt your feelings....see below:

If this is 'BS' - my attempts to placate your belligerent nature - then so be it.
You very much enjoy lording your perceived superiority over others

Be more self-aware and grow up a bit.  I'm done with your BS.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:56:45 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7539 on: March 11, 2021, 09:50:20 AM »
God damn. This argument has more endings than Lord of the Rings.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #7540 on: March 11, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
God damn. This argument has more endings than Lord of the Rings.

It's like the Kiss Farewell Tour. 

(That one's for Stadler.)
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7541 on: March 11, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »
Don't worry, you've made it clear. I am an asshole. I've removed everyone from my Facebook, even, and put in a request begging for bosk to delete my account. Nobody will deal with me ever again. I am gone. Sorry, again.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #7542 on: March 11, 2021, 09:59:10 AM »
Don't worry, you've made it clear. I am an asshole. I've removed everyone from my Facebook, even, and put in a request for bosk to delete my account. Nobody will deal with me ever again. I am gone. Sorry, again.

W in T actual F dude.  Is this for reals?   :lol
I had an ex-girlfriend that used to do that...every time it was perceived people didn't like her, she over reacted and said she was going to cut everyone out and threw a pity party.  You need to sack up man.

If you kept your receipt, I would try to get a refund on that new "worldview" of yours, if it espouses this type of reaction.

No but seriously, that reaction is totally not necessary. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:07:37 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7543 on: March 11, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
Next time I'm at work and Kiki actually shows up for her shift, I'm going to tell her this was all her fault.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7544 on: March 11, 2021, 10:04:52 AM »
Mike, what are you doing?  You're making a Mountain out of a mole hill.

Unfriending?  Why? 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #7545 on: March 11, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
Next time I'm at work and Kiki actually shows up for her shift, I'm going to tell her this was all her fault.

Show her the thread lmao

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7546 on: March 11, 2021, 10:19:55 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7547 on: March 11, 2021, 11:08:23 AM »

Show her the thread lmao

Let her know many of us think she's a bitch   :rollin

also, are we cancelling the word bitch in this thread?  I know it technically refers to a female, but never really thought it was sexist as people call males bitches too.  What do I know, I don't typically get offended easily.

Also, did Walrus block me on facebook?  Kind of over reacting to a disagreement that in reality has nothing to do with our friendship.   ???

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #7548 on: March 11, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »

Show her the thread lmao

also, are we cancelling the word bitch in this thread?  I know it technically refers to a female, but never really thought it was sexist as people call males bitches too.  What do I know, I don't typically get offended easily.

Also, did Walrus block me on facebook?  Kind of over reacting to a disagreement that in reality has nothing to do with our friendship.   ???

It would seem he went scorched earth with all DTFrs that were FB friends too.

:dunno:

Also, everyone should watch the "Bitch" episode from the History of Swear Words for a refresher.  :biggrin:  Entertaining AND informative.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7549 on: March 11, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »

Show her the thread lmao

He blocked me too. I don't blame him either.

People can have emotional outbursts. Nothing wrong with that. But when you keep pestering that person, instead of ignoring, it will escalate. Just one thing can trigger a set of emotions, past or present.

I just want him to know, I hope the best for him and his endeavors. And to hopefully be able to physically chat at ProgPower this year.

But, Mental Health is being ignored in this pandemic and is just being noticed because Kids were killing themselves in California, and many other people are now acting upon these feelings and emotions, Mental Health issues because of being locked in, being shunned or labeled, especially if one were to accidentally forget a mask, or some other stupid superiority complex a person has because they feel they're doing the right thing for everyone.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #7550 on: March 11, 2021, 11:22:00 AM »
I have to say, I'm kind of worried about that Walrus dude a little bit.  What the actual fuck did I just read?   :justjen

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7551 on: March 11, 2021, 11:26:48 AM »
Mike, what are you doing?  You're making a Mountain out of a mole hill.

Unfriending?  Why?

This is why I think there is something more going on here.  His reactions are WAY over the top and it was like he was intentionally searching for reasons to continue the argument but also to make sure he was positioning himself as having apparently been bullied or run out of here by the crowd, but, it's so out of proportion to then go and unfriend everyone (including me and I didn't even post once throughout this entire shit show!) I hope he's OK.  He always seemed like a nice kid, this whole display was out of character from the dude I've interacted with here and on FB.

:(

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7552 on: March 11, 2021, 11:28:22 AM »
Ben, this wasn't about a girl forgetting a mask. She knew she had the virus,  posted on Facebook and then still went to work. 

No regard for others health. It's irresponsible.

On Mike, I wish he didn't scorch the earth.  His argument started as one thing and shifted. I wasn't even mad originally. 

Then he went on the attack at me.  I defended him before to Bosk1.  You would think our friendship would stop him from digging in. I still don't understand why he was protecting this girl's actions.

I just hope he gets help with some issues he seems to be going through that would allow him to lash out at friends.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7553 on: March 11, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »
Ben, this wasn't about a girl forgetting a mask. She knew she had the virus,  posted on Facebook and then still went to work. 

My post wasn't at that Stupid Girl whom stupidly posted she was positive on Facebook.

And with Regards to Mike, I am not going to say he has issues. I just hope the best for him since he decided to block us all after this interaction.

And it seemed he wasn't protecting her actions. He was just trying to understand for himself, why she would do what she did.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7554 on: March 11, 2021, 11:53:19 AM »
And it seemed he wasn't protecting her actions. He was just trying to understand for himself, why she would do what she did.

I think it's important to understand why people do the things they do, but it doesn't change the facts that she did something potentially extremely harmful towards others and knowing she did it.  I'd be curious of her reasons too, just doesn't change what we do know.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7555 on: March 11, 2021, 11:58:13 AM »
Fucking BITCH!!  :P

I kid, because I care  :biggrin:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7556 on: March 11, 2021, 12:09:58 PM »
Wasn't expecting all of this when I decided to catch-up on the rona thread

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7557 on: March 11, 2021, 12:10:17 PM »
Ben, why even try to understand something irrational that doesn't affect one's self?  J don't need to know why she did it.  I'd say Brian would since he is directly involved.

To me if you worry about everything on this planet like an instance like this is harmful to the mind.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7558 on: March 11, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »

I think it's important to understand why people do the things they do, but it doesn't change the facts that she did something potentially extremely harmful towards others and knowing she did it.  I'd be curious of her reasons too, just doesn't change what we do know.

Oh yeah, from what we know, she is a dumbass.

What I find even more interesting though is...Would you have even known she was positive if she had not posted her results for the world to see?

And Cool Chris brought up that other point as well. That guaranteed there are people doing exactly this, going to work positive without telling their manager/boss. For whatever reasons, I wouldn't know.

What I want to know is, is it the honor code style of it's up to the Employee to notify their Boss or Manager of their results? If so, then that is interesting all together...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7559 on: March 11, 2021, 12:17:45 PM »

Oh yeah, from what we know, she is a dumbass.

What I find even more interesting though is...Would you have even known she was positive if she had not posted her results for the world to see?

And Cool Chris brought up that other point as well. That guaranteed there are people doing exactly this, going to work positive without telling their manager/boss. For whatever reasons, I wouldn't know.

What I want to know is, is it the honor code style of it's up to the Employee to notify their Boss or Manager of their results? If so, then that is interesting all together...

Yea, the facebook post makes it interesting because it proves she knew.  If she knew she was positive and didnt share that, while I think she would be an ass to go to work, I might refrain from calling her an idiot because she was being smart about being sneaky even if I think it's a terrible decision. 

Where I work, I have to sign a form saying I have no symptoms and no known recent contact with a covid positive before entering the building every day (and a temp scan).  For me, if I did what she did I would probably have my ability to enter the building removed and therefore very likely lose my job.  I don't expect a grocery store to have such a set up so it's likely the honor system.