Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 436200 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7420 on: March 08, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »
Sacul, get better my friend.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7421 on: March 08, 2021, 02:57:39 PM »
Sorry if it offends anyone (seriously), but this doesn't just sound great, it literally sounds too good to be true.  I'll wait until someone other than Fox News reports it and can verify it.

Here's an article from Merck

Thank you.  I now believe.  It's only in stage two trials, but damn, any oral treatment would be great (I always say).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7422 on: March 08, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »
I've been having a sore throat and tiredness for the past few days but I hope that's all for me.

It can kinda get a little weird even with the mild symptoms. I had a hard time eating meat for the past ~1,5 weeks, all meat has this sickly sweet rotting scent (pork/beef is especially bad, chicken/turkey is bearable but still unpleasant). I've never experienced anything like that in 28 years and I can't say for sure, but I suspect the fact that I had Covid is to blame here. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Get well, man.

I was wondering about your experience. Are you saying you're a covids long-timer? I hope this passes soon.

Not a long-timer, had it in December with mild symptoms. Had a fever and some headaches for a couple of days, was very tired for a week. Lost the sense of smell for a couple of weeks, it gradually returned and all was more or less fine until ~10 days ago when this began.

I'm sorry; I'm not following.  Are you saying you got it twice, or is this a remnant of December? 

I'm confused.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #7423 on: March 08, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
My vaccine timeline:

• Sat 9:30am - got my 2nd pfizer dose
  • Sun 2am - wake up with some chills
  • Sun 6am - kiddo wakes me up, I'm still exhausted, chills and a low fever
  • Sun 6:30pm - I go to bed for the NIGHT, feeling like shit, after a day of exhaustion
  • Mon 6am - Wake up for work, I feel good but have a bit of a headache still
  • Mon 9:30am - Nearly exactly 48 hours after my shot, I am feeling totally fine and then randomly vomit as I'm talking to my wife in what I can only imagine morning sickness to be like
  • Mon 8pm - A little tired, but since the vomit, I've felt like a million bucks all day

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7424 on: March 08, 2021, 06:28:12 PM »
My vaccine timeline:

• Sat 9:30am - got my 2nd pfizer dose
  • Sun 2am - wake up with some chills
  • Sun 6am - kiddo wakes me up, I'm still exhausted, chills and a low fever
  • Sun 6:30pm - I go to bed for the NIGHT, feeling like shit, after a day of exhaustion
  • Mon 6am - Wake up for work, I feel good but have a bit of a headache still
  • Mon 9:30am - Nearly exactly 48 hours after my shot, I am feeling totally fine and then randomly vomit as I'm talking to my wife in what I can only imagine morning sickness to be like
  • Mon 8pm - A little tired, but since the vomit, I've felt like a million bucks all day

Get my second Pfizer this coming Wednesday......after having Covid in December I REALLY hope I can dodge the side effects of the vaccine. I know they're over and done in a day or two but I feel like I put my time in  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #7425 on: March 08, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
Thanks guys, I hope this only lasts a week or two at most. I'm already on medication so this should be easier now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7426 on: March 09, 2021, 07:23:57 AM »
any oral treatment would be great (I always say).
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #7427 on: March 09, 2021, 07:25:58 AM »
Chiming in for the first time, because it feels good to be a part of a discussion with people that are aware of the problem and responsible. Unlike plenty of people in my country of Serbia. We've actually had a lot of vaccinations, but two thirds of the population probably do not want to hear a word of it, so if the restrictions do not work out either, we might be screwed for a while.

Got my first shot on Saturday, no side effects. Here's to a smooth second shot.  :metal

OOC, which vaccine is available over there in Serbia?
Pfizer, Oxford, Sinofarm and Sputnik. I happened to get the Oxford one.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7428 on: March 09, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
Chiming in for the first time, because it feels good to be a part of a discussion with people that are aware of the problem and responsible. Unlike plenty of people in my country of Serbia. We've actually had a lot of vaccinations, but two thirds of the population probably do not want to hear a word of it, so if the restrictions do not work out either, we might be screwed for a while.

Got my first shot on Saturday, no side effects. Here's to a smooth second shot.  :metal

OOC, which vaccine is available over there in Serbia?
Pfizer, Oxford, Sinofarm and Sputnik. I happened to get the Oxford one.

Intersting, I have little knowledge on Sinofarm or Sputnik.  I wonder if they are just as good as the others.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7429 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:14 AM »
I'm sorry; I'm not following.  Are you saying you got it twice, or is this a remnant of December? 

I'm confused.

I was probably unclear. No, I definitely did not get it twice, I tested recently and was negative. I suspect it's a remnant of December, although I was fine for pretty much the whole February. I don't know why this issue has popped up now, but the fact that I had it a few months ago is the only reason I can think of.

Intersting, I have little knowledge on Sinofarm or Sputnik.  I wonder if they are just as good as the others.

The research for Sputnik seems solid although a lot of people here also say that it's not tested enough or that it's the government's propaganda. I'll be getting Sputnik in April.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7430 on: March 09, 2021, 01:43:36 PM »

I also concur very wholeheartedly with this statement.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Mladen

« Reply #7431 on: March 09, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
The studies show that Sinofarm is less effective than Pfizer. However, it appears to be affordable to the goverment, and if enough people get it, it still prevents the spread of the virus immensely. Not to mention that if you do catch the virus after getting Sinofarm, you get off pretty easily. That's at least what I gather from the information available to me.

As far as Sputnik goes, parts of Europe are embracing the possibility of introducing it as well. It looks like Germany is on it:

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-starts-rolling-review-sputnik-v-covid-19-vaccine

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #7432 on: March 09, 2021, 02:41:04 PM »
I know it was mentioned a few pages back but I think it's worth mentioning again that while the effectiveness of the different vaccines varies, even the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that's only rated as about "70% effective in the USA" is more than twice as effective as the average flu shot and according to the data it prevented 100% of the recipients in the trials from dying if they became infected and prevented hospitalization in all but 1 case during the trials.

If I can get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine -1 shot and you're done- I'll be the first one to raise my hand for it.  Again, NOBODY that got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine in the trials died and only one person who contracted the virus after receiving the J&J vaccine was hospitalized. 

That's good enough for me. 

I really like the idea of 1 and done.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #7433 on: March 09, 2021, 09:56:10 PM »
I just learned which vaccine site in my county is offering the J&J Vaccine. You bet your ass that's the site I'll be shooting for when I can register on Monday morning.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7434 on: March 10, 2021, 04:57:44 AM »
I got the Moderna shot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7435 on: March 10, 2021, 04:59:31 AM »

I also concur very wholeheartedly with this statement.

:zydar:

I got the Moderna shot.

Any side effects? I havent' followed this thread, so I don't know if you've already told us.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7436 on: March 10, 2021, 06:07:00 AM »
Pretty pissed off this morning regarding Covid. Some of you might know I have a weekend gig doing catering for a local mom & pop grocery store. I pretty much just do Sundays, and I'm in my own isolated prep room downstairs. I get my own room because I handle all the raw stuff in preparation for the kitchen upstairs. We keep raw stuff like fish, chicken, beef, etc separate from the food being put together to avoid cross contamination. The kitchen upstairs is part of a slightly larger deli and bakery (refer to super sophisticated illustration below - I just noticed I forgot to include the ovens. Please forgive me).

At any given time, there are usually 8 people sharing that space, sometimes upwards of 11 during peak times. The space is about 21'x12' empty.

There's one girl I occasionally work with when she shows up. She's been there about six months and has over a dozen call outs already. Anyway, turns out she has Covid. She's had it since at least Saturday when she posted it on Facebook. One of my coworkers just texted me saying another coworker saw the post this morning and notified management. This person still came to work on Monday and Tuesday and didn't tell a single person she tested positive! She's working shoulder-to-shoulder with a dozen other people in a confined space.. a space that was sealed off with plastic to the ceiling to protect us from customers.

Unbelievable.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7437 on: March 10, 2021, 06:11:43 AM »
21'x12'

:metal

There's one girl I occasionally work with when she shows up. She's been there about six months and has over a dozen call outs already. Anyway, turns out she has Covid. She's had it since at least Saturday when she posted it on Facebook. One of my coworkers just texted me saying another coworker saw the post this morning and notified management. This person still came to work on Monday and Tuesday and didn't tell a single person she tested positive! She's working shoulder-to-shoulder with a dozen other people in a confined space..

I hope she gets fired.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7438 on: March 10, 2021, 06:37:01 AM »
I don't know what Chino does but maybe she can't afford to not work? I think wishing somebody losing their job without knowing the full story is harsh.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7439 on: March 10, 2021, 06:47:01 AM »
I don't know what Chino does but maybe she can't afford to not work? I think wishing somebody losing their job without knowing the full story is harsh.

You simply can't come to work after testing positive. I can't imagine that wasn't made clear at Chino's work.

There must be a consequence for KNOWINGLY exposing someone to Covid.

Believe me, I'm not a shut-in over Covid, but what she did recklessly endangered her coworkers.

Plus..this is a catering operation, right? What happens when the business has to shut down because the kitchen staff is sick or exposed. The company loses sales and perhaps community trust. And if they can trace it back to someone who KNOWINGLY reported to work after testing positive..yes, she sure as hell should be fired.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:53:22 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7440 on: March 10, 2021, 06:53:49 AM »
There's one girl I occasionally work with when she shows up. She's been there about six months and has over a dozen call outs already. Anyway, turns out she has Covid. She's had it since at least Saturday when she posted it on Facebook. One of my coworkers just texted me saying another coworker saw the post this morning and notified management. This person still came to work on Monday and Tuesday and didn't tell a single person she tested positive! She's working shoulder-to-shoulder with a dozen other people in a confined space.. a space that was sealed off with plastic to the ceiling to protect us from customers.

Unbelievable.

Hope you guys are ok. That was very irresponsible of her.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7441 on: March 10, 2021, 08:08:28 AM »

You simply can't come to work after testing positive. I can't imagine that wasn't made clear at Chino's work.

There must be a consequence for KNOWINGLY exposing someone to Covid.

Believe me, I'm not a shut-in over Covid, but what she did recklessly endangered her coworkers.

Plus..this is a catering operation, right? What happens when the business has to shut down because the kitchen staff is sick or exposed. The company loses sales and perhaps community trust. And if they can trace it back to someone who KNOWINGLY reported to work after testing positive..yes, she sure as hell should be fired.

Look, I agree, you shouldn't come if you have it and it was irresponsible of her. I'm not stupid, I know she recklessly endangered her coworkers. But I'm trying to understand a possible reason for her doing that, okay? It is my belief in life that one should consider all the possibilities and not simply Occam's Razor the whole thing and assume it's merely an act of defiance. Just a personal philosophy. I'm not naive, you don't need to explain to me why it's frowned upon. You also shouldn't come to work drunk, and I've seen that happen a lot. I'm really trying to live my life not being an asshole to people anymore, not saying you have to, but that's why I said what I said. I'm trying to have sympathy - Chino gave no other details on the woman other than she knew she had it and didn't tell anyone, not why she didn't tell anyone, and because I don't know what Chino does for a living I have no idea what possible financial situation the woman could be in. No need to explain the problems to me, I'm well aware. I also realize this is too much consideration for some people to be bothered with. It's whatever
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7442 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »
Because she's a selfish bitch?  Probably Strapped for money but is dumb enough to post it on Facebook.  I have no sympathy for someone who wreclessly puts others in harms way. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7443 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:10 AM »
I'm not really down with the 'selfish bitch' attack at all but yeah

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7444 on: March 10, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »
But she is.  She knew she was infected and still went to work knowingly infecting others.  If that is not a selfish act, I don't know what is then.  When you put your selfish intentions over the well being of others that's selfish.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7445 on: March 10, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
As I just said, my issue was with the ad hominem calling her a bitch, we don't need to drag this one out, I just said I agree it's selfish, I'm not dumb dude

I see my recent commitment to a life philosophy of compassion is backfiring on me from other people, as expected

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7446 on: March 10, 2021, 08:46:49 AM »
Ok.  I'll call her an asshole then.  She's an asshole for not thinking of other's well being.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7447 on: March 10, 2021, 08:47:42 AM »
I don't think you know what ad hominem means because you completely missed the point. Just forget it, have a good day dude, this is an off topic tangent of the virus anyway and I apologize for getting it there

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #7448 on: March 10, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »
Well, I tend to go back to not judging anyone until or unless I've walked a mile in their shoes.  On the surface this looks like straight up selfish irresponsibility, but we're not getting the entire story here so I'm reluctant to pass judgement on someone absent ALL the facts surrounding the situation.  I'm compassionate and for reasons that are obvious to anyone who knows me, I am 100# on board with giving people second chances and I also believe people can and often do learn from their mistakes.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7449 on: March 10, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »
Mike bro.  It's ok.  I just get ramped up when someone is this blatant.  I would be understanding if she didn't recognize the symptoms.  That's understandable but she posted knowing full well she had it and still went to work and did not acknowledge it to her fellow employees.  That's maddening.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7450 on: March 10, 2021, 08:54:20 AM »
Well, I tend to go back to not judging anyone until or unless I've walked a mile in their shoes.  On the surface this looks like straight up selfish irresponsibility, but we're not getting the entire story here so I'm reluctant to pass judgement on someone absent ALL the facts surrounding the situation.  I'm compassionate and for reasons that are obvious to anyone who knows me, I am 100# on board with giving people second chances and I also believe people can and often do learn from their mistakes.

*sighs and gesticulates with gratitude towards KNH*

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7451 on: March 10, 2021, 08:55:08 AM »

Well I would think since she posted on Facebook that she had it and still went to work not acknowledging it to her fellow employees we know the facts.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7452 on: March 10, 2021, 08:56:28 AM »
Mike bro.  It's ok.  I just get ramped up when someone is this blatant.  I would be understanding if she didn't recognize the symptoms.  That's understandable but she posted knowing full well she had it and still went to work and did not acknowledge it to her fellow employees.  That's maddening.

So tell me, for the sake of conversation, what do you think of me? I haven't worn a mask at work. None of us have. Returned to the gym 6 days a week for a month and a half no mask. Still wear it in stores and elsewhere. Still hang out with friends in close proximity. Am I an asshole? Haven't given the rona to anybody in over a year of going about my life normally despite not getting tested. Do you see what I am getting at with the conversation about being an asshole to people you perceive as assholes? You could make an argument that I'm as bad as her, but it's not that simple, and I guarantee you probably won't call me an asshole. I TRIPLE dog dare ya!! :) :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7453 on: March 10, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
Are you staying with the same friends?  Do you have family that can't afford to be infected or are you staying away from them because you are not wearing a mask.  Are you at work going into other establishments for work without a mask or do you wear one when asked to?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7454 on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
Also, if you knew you were infected with the virus would you continue to do the same things or would you quarantine?