Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 436149 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3535 on: May 19, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »
This whole lockdown stuff had me totally forget it's a 3 day holiday weekend.  Days, weeks, and now months just seem to blend into each other with not much to make me realize what day it is.

Yeah, I totally forgot until this morning. Hell yeah ain't doing nuffin Monday :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3536 on: May 19, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
This whole lockdown stuff had me totally forget it's a 3 day holiday weekend.  Days, weeks, and now months just seem to blend into each other with not much to make me realize what day it is.

It's a strange feeling. The Wife is always home so every day feels like a weekend to me. And it's even more weird because I've been going to work only 2 or 3 days a week.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3537 on: May 19, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
We have this thing we do every Memorial Day weekend.  We visit the graves of all the ancestors we know about across Michigan and Illinois, and place flowers on them, and plant U.S. flags in the ground of the veterans (three or four on my wife's side).  I have been unsuccessful in talking my wife out of it, so I guess we're going.

It's actually pretty low-risk.  We'll spend most of the time in the car, and most of the people we'll see are already dead.  We'll have to stop in a few stores along the way to pick up flowers, but that's no more risk than going to the store these days anyway.  My biggest concern is that we'll spend two nights in a hotel.  We'll wash our hands a lot, wear masks, and hope for the best.  Unless there's vaccine or miracle cure sometime soon, we might as well get used to how things are done these days.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3538 on: May 19, 2020, 11:10:53 AM »

I agree that everything is blending together, but hell no I did NOT forget it was our holiday yesterday.  Really looked forward to that extra day of no work.  I've been putting in some 12+ hour days lately, starting at 4am more than a few days recently.  The joys of supporting a global customer.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3539 on: May 19, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »

Day 63 of my weekend.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3540 on: May 19, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »

Day 63 of my weekend.

So, is that why you still have the Macho Men/Roxbury gif in your sig?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3541 on: May 19, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »

Day 63 of my weekend.

So, is that why you still have the Macho Men/Roxbury gif in your sig?

That's to remind everyone who won the Rumble  :RJ:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3542 on: May 19, 2020, 01:30:46 PM »

Day 63 of my weekend.

Even more of a reason for all the days to just blend together

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3543 on: May 19, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »

I agree that everything is blending together, but hell no I did NOT forget it was our holiday yesterday.  Really looked forward to that extra day of no work.  I've been putting in some 12+ hour days lately, starting at 4am more than a few days recently.  The joys of supporting a global customer.

See I'm with you; I'm so conscious about being "available" when I work at home (no "yellow" on the Teams icon, etc.) that even though I can freely go upstairs and get lunch or run errands, it's always with a mind to work.   Holidays, though, unless I have something specific that cannot wait, I tend to separate for that 12 hours or whatever.   Next Monday will be spent outside, hell, high water. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3544 on: May 19, 2020, 01:57:46 PM »
Stadler, I respect you as much as anyone on (and possibly off) this forum, and recognize that you will earn several times over more money in your life than me, and find more satisfaction in your professional life as well, but "I'm so conscious about being "available" when I work at home that even though I can freely go upstairs and get lunch or run errands, it's always with a mind to work" just sounds like a horrible way to live.

Back on track... it had not occurred to me Monday was a holiday. I doubt I've looked at a calendar in the past month. I am aware of when it is a weekend because my daughter isn't doing schoolwork (sadly my wife finds some work to do but thankfully less than during the week, with no meetings).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3545 on: May 19, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I am similar to Stadler when I work from home.  I can freely do other things, and I certainly do, but I always have my laptop nearby and I never go offline or "yellow" in my status because I want everyone else to know I am online, available, and doing my job (even when I'm not).  I don't feel that way on days off or the early mornings/late evenings when I am no longer expected to be online.  Typically for me these days that 10am to 6pm.  Outside of those hours, I may be online but my mentality of being available isn't there anymore. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3546 on: May 19, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm with Cram; it's not 24-7.  It's just being cognizant that I'm on the clock when I've made my sandwich and walking back to the "office" and I hear Judge Milian from People's Court on in the other room.  :)

I'm a service guy, meaning even my co-workers are essentially my clients.   If they call, it's in all of our best interests - including mine - that I'm available to take it.   While I'm certainly waiting for a couple of people to get back on a plane (and leave me alone) the one good thing about the COVID thing is a new appreciation for certain boundaries.   I rarely get (unplanned) calls before 8:00 am or after, say, 6:00-ish. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3547 on: May 19, 2020, 04:20:44 PM »
Yeah, I'm with Cram; it's not 24-7.

My fault, I read your post wrong. My wife worked 60+ hours a week for the first couple weeks of virtual learning, and while I appreciate her dedication to her students, it was causing a visible strain on her health, and diminishing the time spent with her kids. I am overly sensitive to when there is a lack of balance and boundaries. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3548 on: May 19, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »
My brother just received his stimulus check.... For $12.75...

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3549 on: May 19, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »

Did he get his letter from Trump about how grateful he should be for it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3550 on: May 19, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »

Did he get his letter from Trump about how grateful he should be for it?

Trump's name is on it.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3551 on: May 19, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »

At least it's something.  Oh my, the hoops he'll have to go through, and the (probable) extra time he'll have to wait to receive the correct amount.  That all suxx.
Unless he owed child support, in which case, first dibs goes to that.

Us.....the wife inquired, and they'll be sending ours out on May 22nd.  What grinds us is that we sent our tax returns in on March 12th.  We do not direct deposit.  Received the state refund before the middle of April.  As for the Feds, ten weeks later, and they have no idea (?).  That isn't right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:43:31 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3552 on: May 19, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »

At least it's something.  Oh my, the hoops he'll have to go through, and the (probable) extra time he'll have to wait to receive the correct amount.  That all suxx.

Actually, he's at a salary range right around the cutoff point. He was probably close enough to 100k to get that amount.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3553 on: May 19, 2020, 07:25:50 PM »
A little dark but so funny. We all need a laugh.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3554 on: May 19, 2020, 07:30:07 PM »
Fits like a glove

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3555 on: May 19, 2020, 07:34:23 PM »
A little dark but so funny. We all need a laugh.

Oh WOW! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3556 on: May 19, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
Fits like a glove

Well it must be love....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3557 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:07 PM »
Fits like a glove

Well it must be love....

Went through her like a hot knife...

….through butter
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #3558 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
I too had totally forgotten about Memorial Day, so thanks for reminding me everyone. :)  I will indeed be looking forward to a day off next week.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3559 on: May 19, 2020, 07:39:25 PM »
Fits like a glove

Well it must be love....

Went through her like a hot knife...

….through butter

Maybe only Stadler, Coz, you and I would get that.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3560 on: May 19, 2020, 07:51:39 PM »
Guess you win the prize ...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3561 on: May 19, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »

Lol. Kiss lyrics  my friend. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3562 on: May 19, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »
Exactly!

... where the sun don't shine

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3563 on: May 19, 2020, 07:59:49 PM »
Anyone who listens to or quotes Kiss, should get a basket of shame, not a prize. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3564 on: May 19, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »
Anyone who listens to or quotes Kiss, should get a basket of shame, not a prize. :P

Says the kid who didn't grow up in the 70's.  Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3565 on: May 19, 2020, 08:01:52 PM »

Yup, the guy that has a chick with a mustache for an avatar.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3566 on: May 19, 2020, 08:02:41 PM »

80's, baby!  :hat :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3567 on: May 19, 2020, 08:08:27 PM »

Listen,  I'm on your side.

You wouldn't want to see me angry.

80's, baby!  :hat :hat

I love that era as well dammit!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3568 on: May 19, 2020, 08:13:51 PM »

Listen,  I'm on your side.

You wouldn't want to see me angry.

I was talking about Kev's avatar, robotman!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3569 on: May 19, 2020, 08:17:29 PM »
Best robotman ever!