Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 436245 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
Alex!

:panicattack:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2020, 02:21:24 PM »
:panicattack: :panicattack: :panicattack: :panicattack: :panicattack:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
He lives!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »
Is it everywhere in the world where people are stockpiling toilet paper and you can't buy it in the shops because suppliers can't keep up with demand or just over here?  WTF is wrong with people?!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
Is it everywhere in the world where people are stockpiling toilet paper and you can't buy it in the shops because suppliers can't keep up with demand or just over here?  WTF is wrong with people?!

Good thing I ordered some from Amazon last week (since I was out, not out of panic) but yea, this seems to be a thing here in the states from what I hear from others.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »

Good thing I ordered some from Amazon last week (since I was out, not out of panic) but yea, this seems to be a thing here in the states from what I hear from others.

Gotta have a clean a$$ while you're in-line for your Dr. appointment... :biggrin:
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »

Oh man so you're one of those people! We had a UPS driver for years who sadly just had his route changed but he bitched so hard about people who order toilet paper online  :lol :lol Just thought that was funny.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2020, 02:46:40 PM »
Well, I guess that's what happens when something like this scares the shit outta people and then the stock market takes a gigantic fucking dump on all of us.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2020, 02:54:34 PM »

For me is Hand sanitizer. I had to buy for work and wipes and everything is on backorder until March 23. Luckily I usually keep enough supplies around so I’m not completely out yet.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2020, 02:57:58 PM »

Oh man so you're one of those people! We had a UPS driver for years who sadly just had his route changed but he bitched so hard about people who order toilet paper online  :lol :lol Just thought that was funny.

:lol I've become one.  Amazon prime has lead to me not doing basic home need shopping at stores anymore.  I placed a prime pantry order last week that was so random, but all little things I needed around the house. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2020, 03:00:18 PM »

:lol I've become one.  Amazon prime has lead to me not doing basic home need shopping at stores anymore.  I placed a prime pantry order last week that was so random, but all little things I needed around the house.

This is just another notch in the 'different worlds' of city vs. rural life! Right now I'm sitting at my desk that's a 2 minute drive from my apartment, and a giant grocery store is a 30 second drive down the road. I can't imagine buying food on amazon! I can literally go pick up a couple groceries when I get off and be back at home in my pajamas by 5:15-20. That's wild.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
Oh I don't buy food off amazon, just household items.  That order was toilet paper, toothpaste, ziplock bags, lighters... random stuff that I will go through over time.  My grocery store is pretty close, but I'm lazy and try to only go once a week so last week was like Tuesday when I realized I needed some of this stuff and I wasn't planning on making a grocery run yet (and still haven't actually).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #397 on: March 05, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
I'd love to live in a more rural area.  But I don't know that it's in the cards.  We used to live in the S.F. Bay Area, which is basically a triangle of 3 cities (San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland), separated by a now-continuous VERY concentrated suburban sprawl.  We got away from that to move to Sacramento, which is a much smaller city, surrounded by less dense suburban sprawl, and some rural areas.  Then we moved a bit farther east (but within commute distance of Sac) to the base of the Sierra foothills, which is a mix of suburban and rural.  Our initial thought was to move into one of the close-by rural areas when the kids (or at least two of them) are out of the house.  But we'll see.  That won't be for a good 6-10 years.  By the time our daughter is out of the house, the boys may likely have families or be not too far from that.  And if the kids relocate, we might eventually do the same to be near them.  We'll see.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »
Do you like corn? Let me tell you about corn...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »
:lol  I saw what happened to that family in Logan.  I don't want to live by no corn.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »
:lol  I saw what happened to that family in Logan.  I don't want to live by no corn.

Hey... it's not so bad. It's peaceful. Lots of land.. to look over and gaze at the flat horizon  :lol :lol

I live on the edge of my town but not on the *outer* edge so I don't see the corn. My back porch faces a nice little dog park though :)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »

This is just another notch in the 'different worlds' of city vs. rural life! Right now I'm sitting at my desk that's a 2 minute drive from my apartment, and a giant grocery store is a 30 second drive down the road. I can't imagine buying food on amazon! I can literally go pick up a couple groceries when I get off and be back at home in my pajamas by 5:15-20. That's wild.

Amazon and Costco get 95% of my business these days. Just the other day I ordered, deodorant, hair gel, toothpaste, hangers, oven cleaner, a new cutting board, pecan chunks, and garbage bags in a single Amazon order.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
Amazon and Costco get 95% of my business these days. Just the other day I ordered, deodorant, hair gel, toothpaste, hangers, oven cleaner, a new cutting board, pecan chunks, and garbage bags in a single Amazon order.

*screams in local business*

Well, actually, I guess I can't think of a mom & pop store that... makes garbage bags. So you're good I guess  :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2020, 03:35:40 PM »
Looks like 41 dead in Italy today.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #404 on: March 05, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
Jebus, all of this panic has gotten Korn to sell masks as merch and it's already sold out.

https://loudwire.com/korn-surgical-masks-coronavirus-sold-out/

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #405 on: March 05, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »
You know it's desperate times when people are flocking to Korn merch :lol

The company I work for (a major US bank) has canceled all currently scheduled international travel, and future international travel can only be booked with the approval of the CEO or someone on his executive team. There's also talk of staggering remote workdays so that only half the people are in the office on any given day.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: March 06, 2020, 03:47:41 PM »
Jebus, all of this panic has gotten Korn to sell masks as merch and it's already sold out.

I comend them for exploiting and making money off the stupid dumbass sheep we call the human race in this day and age.  Brilliant marketing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: March 06, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »

I comend them for exploiting and making money off the stupid dumbass sheep we call the human race in this day and age.  Brilliant marketing.

Yikes, wtf? "Stupid dumbass sheep" because people are buying masks to help minimize the spread of illness? Do you make fun of people who wash their hands too? There's some heavy misanthropy going on with you, man.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: March 06, 2020, 03:51:32 PM »

Yikes, wtf? "Stupid dumbass sheep" because people are buying masks to help minimize the spread of illness? Do you make fun of people who wash their hands too?

I sure make fun of people who hoard cases of hand sanitizer in their house, yes.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2020, 03:52:46 PM »

Yikes, wtf? "Stupid dumbass sheep" because people are buying masks to help minimize the spread of illness? Do you make fun of people who wash their hands too?

I sure make fun of people who hoard cases of hand sanitizer in their house, yes.

The article mentions nothing of the sort and that wasn't what you specified in the post I was responding to. Hoarders are another thing entirely.

EDIT: Hah, it says they're not even real masks! WTF! Okay, if they're not REAL masks, then they're dumb as hell for buying them, if they think they're real. Nevermind. This whole thing is stupid indeed. And I'm stupid for not noticing that before calling you out. Round of beers on me, Kade! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
That's what I'm saying, it's just merch and it's sold out.  Fucking genius on their part.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »

Gene Simmons is pissed he didn't think of it first.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2020, 03:59:53 PM »

Makes him look like a bit of a rookie to be honest.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »

It's never too late at this point.  I can see KISS do the masks and sell them.  Heck, why stop at putting the KISS logo on the mask.  Might as well put the images of their facepaint on the masks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2020, 06:10:51 PM »

:lol

and let's be real, the typical masks aren't going to work regardless (unless you have the disease and don't want to spread it, then yes, wear the mask).  However, I did read this https://www.yahoo.com/news/rich-preparing-coronavirus-differently-130449059.html

“En route to Paris,” Gwyneth Paltrow wrote on Instagram last week, beneath a shot of herself on an airplane heading to Paris Fashion Week and wearing a black face mask. “I’ve already been in this movie,” she added, referring to her role in the 2011 disease thriller “Contagion.” “Stay safe.”

Paltrow did not pose with just any mask, unlike, say, Kate Hudson and Bella Hadid, who also recently posted selfies wearing cheaper, disposable masks. The Goop founder and influencer of influencers instead opted for a sleek “urban air mask” by a Swedish company, Airinum, which features five layers of filtration and an “ultrasmooth and skin-friendly finish.”

Never mind that the surgeon general, Jerome Adams, begged people to refrain from indulging in mask mania on Twitter last weekend. Priced from $69 to $99, the Airinum mask, which has been popping up on Instagram stylistas, is sold out on its website until April. (The New York Museum of Modern Art’s Design Store, which carried the mask, is also sold out.)

:facepalm:  so yea to go back to the sheep...

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »
I dunno about you guys, but I’m not leaving the house without a full on NASA space suit.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline max_security

« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2020, 07:37:25 PM »
I'm not sure that I'm afraid of this one. I do not get sick very often but about 10 years ago I caught a bug that had me praying for death. I'm not hearing that about this thing. No events were cancelled when I was puking my freaking guts out and sweating through my clothes in a 60 degree room. This sounds no worse than a common cold .

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »
Its hit my state now, so we'll see how things go from here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2020, 01:46:14 AM »
I dunno about you guys, but I’m not leaving the house without a full on NASA space suit.
Here I was thinking a Hazmat suit was enough, I might reconsider now.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls