Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 238040 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4550 on: January 22, 2019, 08:57:19 AM »
Oh yea definitely. I've never had the burn down there but eyes and nose for sure.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4551 on: January 22, 2019, 09:22:46 AM »
I've actually had worse...chopping jalapenos, then touched the outside of my nose (which was pretty raw from blowing my nose a lot from a cold)...jesus that was unpleasant for a while.

My fingers were still burning this morning, especially in the shower with the hot water.  At least my junk recovered after about 30 minutes.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4552 on: January 22, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
That's what she said.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4553 on: January 23, 2019, 08:24:07 AM »
Hey hey
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4554 on: January 23, 2019, 08:37:52 AM »
My my.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4555 on: January 23, 2019, 08:40:55 AM »
Rock and roll can never die.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4556 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:51 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4558 on: January 23, 2019, 10:53:53 AM »
Willy Mayes Hays?

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4559 on: January 23, 2019, 10:59:43 AM »
Willy Mayes Hays?

The American Express Card. Don't steal home without it!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4560 on: January 23, 2019, 01:47:06 PM »
Willy Mayes Hays?

I hit like Mays, and I run like Hayes.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4561 on: January 23, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »
Willy Mayes Hays?

I hit like Mays, and I run like Hayes.

You may run like Hayes, but you hit like shit.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4562 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
So I have MSN as my homepage. I like it. Gives me the news and other shit, but I keep seeing this and I cannot figure it out...

WTF is Marie Kondo and what does it mean?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4563 on: January 24, 2019, 06:16:44 AM »
Woke up this morning to find out my aunt passed away last night.  She was my favorite Aunt.  Sweet, caring.  I just saw her less than 2 weeks ago.  I'm heartbroken. 

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4564 on: January 24, 2019, 06:22:13 AM »
Sorry to hear that, king.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4565 on: January 24, 2019, 06:24:57 AM »
My condolences :'(
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4566 on: January 24, 2019, 06:26:17 AM »
Woke up this morning to find out my aunt passed away last night.  She was my favorite Aunt.  Sweet, caring.  I just saw her less than 2 weeks ago.  I'm heartbroken.

Wow Joe, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Unexpected?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4567 on: January 24, 2019, 06:26:43 AM »
So sorry to hear that Joe.   :sad:

:hug:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4568 on: January 24, 2019, 06:30:27 AM »
My condolences Joe .
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4569 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:27 AM »

Wow Joe, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Unexpected?

Not but we were not expecting it to be so fast.

Thanks everyone.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4570 on: January 24, 2019, 06:52:59 AM »
I’m really sorry to hear that Joe, my condolences

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4571 on: January 24, 2019, 07:43:13 AM »
G'morning all.

*bro hug for Joe*
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4572 on: January 24, 2019, 08:17:03 AM »
Sorry for your loss Joe  :(

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4573 on: January 24, 2019, 09:13:28 AM »
I'm forcing my coworker to listen to Minor Threat this morning. I don't think she appreciates it much.

Goddamnit. I'm sorry to hear Joe. Condolences.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4574 on: January 24, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »
Can't remember the last time I listened to Minor Threat and must say I have no desire to

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4575 on: January 24, 2019, 09:24:34 AM »
I loved Minor Threat as a teen. Same with a lot of the local thrash punk bands here (Dr. Know, Ill Repute, etc). I'm now forcing her to listen to Dead Kennedys. I think she hates me.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4576 on: January 24, 2019, 09:27:15 AM »
Yea I was a fan of that music, Dead Kennedys as well, when I was younger but have a really hard time listening to it now.  Actually there's a few solid Dead Kennedys songs but Minor Threat just sounds terrible to me now  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4577 on: January 25, 2019, 09:42:57 AM »
So yesterday my GF's Dad (who we rent our house from) basically told us he wants us out in 3 months.

The scramble is now on to find a place to live that's no more than a city away from my work, that's not a shithole, and that will take us with our pets (7lb dog, 2lb dog, 8lb cat), that's not outrageously expensive. In 2012 we rented a 2 bedroom condo in a bad area for $1300/mo. Now I can't even find a 1 bedroom apartment in the slums for less than $1500 that would take the pets.

To be honest, if it weren't for my full time and stable work, we would seriously look into leaving the state.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4578 on: January 25, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
So yesterday my GF's Dad (who we rent our house from) basically told us he wants us out in 3 months.

The scramble is now on to find a place to live that's no more than a city away from my work, that's not a shithole, and that will take us with our pets (7lb dog, 2lb dog, 8lb cat), that's not outrageously expensive. In 2012 we rented a 2 bedroom condo in a bad area for $1300/mo. Now I can't even find a 1 bedroom apartment in the slums for less than $1500 that would take the pets.

To be honest, if it weren't for my full time and stable work, we would seriously look into leaving the state.

There is full time and stable work all over the place, and you seem to complain about your job quite often. Maybe this is a sign to finally bounce.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4579 on: January 25, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

There is full time and stable work all over the place, and you seem to complain about your job quite often. Maybe this is a sign to finally bounce.

What he said.  If you can't find a job in, say, Charlotte, NC or outside Atlanta, you're not trying. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4580 on: January 25, 2019, 10:04:27 AM »

It's very much still possible. We might wind up staying in the area for a year then bouncing. She wants to go out to Rhode Island. I was thinking Arizona or Oregon.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4581 on: January 25, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
Evening fellas. Gonna give the dog a walk and pop open a can of Belgian quad.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4582 on: January 25, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
Hey
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4583 on: January 25, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »
Hi

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4584 on: January 25, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »
Bonjour