Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488994 times)

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2100 on: May 09, 2016, 11:23:10 AM »
Got Platinums #5&6 in the last couple weeks with a couple of really good Metroidvanias: Axiom Verge and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Now my list looks like:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Back to the Future: The Game
Axiom Verge
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Up next: Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice!

If anyone is looking for a great Metroid-like game, I can't recommend Axiom Verge enough. It really was a perfect game for the genre. Had a little bit of so many great classics including Metroid, Castlevania, Bionic Commando, Mega Man, Kid Icarus... just so much fun. Challenge was pretty tame, but acceptable.

Dust was also good, but I played on Tough difficulty (second hardest difficulty) and it was VERY easy. Died a few times, but I don't expect to beat every boss on the first try (which I did). That was disappointing, but the gameplay was really cool.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2101 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »
Overwatch is awesome and a fresh take on the FPS genre for me. Just so everyone knows, the box price includes all future heroes, maps, and updates; the only microtransactions are cosmetic and attainable through grinding credits and loot boxes. For a game that requires teammates to switch heroes on the fly, I'm glad they are not restricting any content behind a paywall.

I didn't play over the weekend, but strongly considering buying it.

The weekend beta secured my buy for overwatch.

I have stellaris to keep me busy for the next few weeks until then.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2102 on: May 09, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »
ICYMI, the beta was extended until tomorrow, May 10 @10am PDT

Offline earlilano

« Reply #2103 on: May 09, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X/X-2. Its finally on PC. The following is the steam link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/359870/

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: May 10, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »
Can't wait to get home and play stellaris tonight.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #2105 on: May 10, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X/X-2. Its finally on PC. The following is the steam link:

Will we live to see Kingdom Hearts on PC? Stuff like this makes me think we will before too long.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2106 on: May 11, 2016, 05:37:16 AM »

Oh damn, I always wanted to play FFX and wished the HD remaster would make it to the PC, so I`ll definitely consider getting this.

Next week, Fire Emblem Fates will finally be out in Europe. It feels like I was waiting for ages at this point since the game is already released in the US and JP for quite some time, but my New 3DS XL & the SE of the game will soon arrive so I`ll stay hyped.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2107 on: May 11, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
I dunno, I thought axiom verge was... missing something. maybe it's because I played a much better metroid homage game earlier in the yearice, environmental station alpha

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2108 on: May 11, 2016, 08:02:05 PM »
so i bought dark souls 1 for pc today because i like being late to the party, also it was $5

i dunno when i'll start playing it tho, barely been gaming lately, too much music  :lol

I just bought dark souls 1 & 2 yesterday at the humble bundle store, can't wait to get into it.

You are in for a treat. Dark Souls 1 is probably the best game I've ever played. It's such an incredible experience to play for the first time.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2109 on: May 12, 2016, 02:06:40 AM »
So I'm playing Dark Souls 3 at the moment and I got my ass handed to me by the boss Abyss Watchers. The first stage of the fight I got the hang of but the second fight...oh man. This is gonna take a while!
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline adace

« Reply #2110 on: May 12, 2016, 02:25:52 AM »
Uncharted 4 is fantastic so far. The graphics and dialogue are especially outstanding.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2111 on: May 12, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »
Uncharted 4 is drop dead gorgeous and plenty of fun as well. 

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: May 12, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »
I'm only 2 hours in Uncharted 4 and concur with both of you. Naughty Dog have become masterful storytellers while keeping you immersed in the game.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2113 on: May 14, 2016, 03:28:52 AM »
Decided to get Doom yesterday which I did. It's awesome, it's pretty much old school Doom but with todays graphics. If you're a fan of Doom I feel it's a must.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: May 14, 2016, 07:03:23 AM »
I heard a lot of really positive things about Doom single player, I'm going to pick it up in a few weeks when the craziness dies down at work.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2115 on: May 14, 2016, 07:14:43 AM »
I heard a lot of really positive things about Doom single player, I'm going to pick it up in a few weeks when the craziness dies down at work.

I'll probably grab it later in the year once used versions show up for 1/2 the price.  I haven't picked up a controller in about a month, after being addicted to Witcher 3 for quite a few months.  Still have to finish the add-on pack for that one.

And still have 3 other games that I haven't touched yet either.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2116 on: May 14, 2016, 08:30:55 AM »
Yea i'm a bit surprised how much I enjoy the single player campaign so far, it feels actually kind of like Dead Space but with a higher tempo. Have to give some extra credits to the audio team because the environmental, ambient and the overall sounds are crystal clear and beefy. The music can be a bit to much in your face though but then again it's Doom.

The combat is easy to get into and it plays amazing, haven't had any fps drops or stuff like that at all and it still looks amazing. It's a perfect game when you just wanna let some steam off and play without any thought.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:36:10 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2117 on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »
So having beaten Dark Souls 1 and 3 I decided to play Bloodborne. Goddamn is this game different. DS1 is different from 3 but it didn't take very long to adapt to it. I repeatedly get my ass kicked in BB.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline j

« Reply #2118 on: May 14, 2016, 11:35:59 PM »
Same thing happened to me.  No shields, aggressiveness is rewarded with health recovery, and other mechanics really force you to play a much higher-risk, faster-paced style.  I was a giant ultra-conservative pussy hiding behind a shield and taking it slow in Dark Souls, and it took me quite a few hours to even get close to competent in Bloodborne.

-J

Offline adace

« Reply #2119 on: May 14, 2016, 11:50:57 PM »
Yea i'm a bit surprised how much I enjoy the single player campaign so far, it feels actually kind of like Dead Space but with a higher tempo. Have to give some extra credits to the audio team because the environmental, ambient and the overall sounds are crystal clear and beefy. The music can be a bit to much in your face though but then again it's Doom.

The combat is easy to get into and it plays amazing, haven't had any fps drops or stuff like that at all and it still looks amazing. It's a perfect game when you just wanna let some steam off and play without any thought.
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to playing this myself.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2120 on: May 15, 2016, 05:24:02 AM »

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to playing this myself.
I think you will enjoy it.

It's just pure fun, for example it's littered with references from other Bethesda games like this for example:

I heard today that every level has a hidden section where you can play the original Doom some how.

Haven't touched Multiplayer yet though but sadly i've heard mixed feelings about it.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2121 on: May 16, 2016, 03:25:59 AM »
So having beaten Dark Souls 1 and 3 I decided to play Bloodborne. Goddamn is this game different. DS1 is different from 3 but it didn't take very long to adapt to it. I repeatedly get my ass kicked in BB.
I had the exact same reaction except the other way around - Bloodborne was my first FromSoftware game I've ever played and I got really good at it. However, now that I've begun playing Dark Souls 3, it sure feels a lot different. :lol

How are you enjoying it so far? I found myself greatly preferring the Victorian style setting of Bloodborne, it felt a lot more unique. And hideous and gross.  :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: May 16, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »
I'm a huge Fantasy nerd so the Souls setting is more my style.

I'm up to Vicar Amelia and still generally getting my ass beat by everything.

...my name is Araragi.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2123 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
DOOM: Behind The Music Part 1

Have to say slaying and ripping monsters and demons apart along with metal is almost a divine experience, you should try it!  :metal

Offline adace

« Reply #2124 on: May 16, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »
Rented Doom yesterday and I'm having a blast. One of the most intense and fun FPS games I've played.

And yeah, the metal soundtrack definitely fits the gameplay. :metal

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2125 on: May 16, 2016, 04:21:12 PM »

That's normal… I've done everything Bloodborne has to offer (got the platinum and did everything in the Old Hunters add on) and aside from some of the boss fights in The Old Hunters and Chalice dungeons, nothing was harder for me than when I first started playing that game. I really started to get a better feel for the game once I got past the Blood-starved Beast, which kicked my ass several times on my first play through. It also helped when I got Ludwig's sword which pretty much made me feel like I was playing the game on easy mode. What weapon are you using right now? In my opinion, the Hunter's Axe is by far the best starting weapon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:28:06 PM by Rattlehead »

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2126 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:53 AM »
Uncharted 4 is one of the best games I've ever played

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2127 on: May 17, 2016, 03:36:06 AM »
I've always been a big DOOM and Quake fan, probably a bit more of Quake and Wolfenstein then Doom. I've been playing the new game for a few days now, and it feels fantastic. But it's so freaking Dark! Can't see shit!  :lol You're right into the action, although I haven't gotten very far yet, the playing is pretty smooth. I sort of participated in the whole Beta Doom multiplay, but I've come to think I'm not too fond of multiplayer gaming at all. (most of the time I'm nothing but frag-bait anyway). Anyway, this game just looks and sounds pretty great.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2128 on: May 17, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »

That's normal… I've done everything Bloodborne has to offer (got the platinum and did everything in the Old Hunters add on) and aside from some of the boss fights in The Old Hunters and Chalice dungeons, nothing was harder for me than when I first started playing that game. I really started to get a better feel for the game once I got past the Blood-starved Beast, which kicked my ass several times on my first play through. It also helped when I got Ludwig's sword which pretty much made me feel like I was playing the game on easy mode. What weapon are you using right now? In my opinion, the Hunter's Axe is by far the best starting weapon.

I started with the Axe but I have been using the Kirkhammer. Being able to switch between the very agile sword and the huge damage of the hammer is really helpful.

Beat Vicar Amelia yesterday without a ton of trouble.

...my name is Araragi.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2129 on: May 17, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
I've always been a big DOOM and Quake fan, probably a bit more of Quake and Wolfenstein then Doom. I've been playing the new game for a few days now, and it feels fantastic. But it's so freaking Dark! Can't see shit!  :lol You're right into the action, although I haven't gotten very far yet, the playing is pretty smooth. I sort of participated in the whole Beta Doom multiplay, but I've come to think I'm not too fond of multiplayer gaming at all. (most of the time I'm nothing but frag-bait anyway). Anyway, this game just looks and sounds pretty great.
Yea haven't touched the MP yet because of the mixed feedback i've heard but also, I wanna finish the campaign first. I've heard good things about Snapmap though.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2130 on: May 18, 2016, 02:51:46 AM »
The Beta just looked bad and had terrible lagging on my end. To be honest, it looked more like Quake III then DOOM. Just made it 'outside' by the way... haha. Getting creamed again by the monsters....  :mehlin
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2131 on: May 18, 2016, 04:41:19 AM »
After listening to the bombcast I have to get Doom asap, I just don't know when I'm going to play, my next few weeks are nuts.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: May 18, 2016, 06:06:26 AM »
I usually enjoy shooters so Doom sounds like a game I might enjoy, but given it seems like only a game worth playing the campaign once through, I will likely just wait until it goes on a steam sale or something.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2133 on: May 18, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »
Honestly, while the multiplayer isn't game changing, if you're feeling the itch for unreal tournament type play it scratches that itch oh so well

Online Azyiu

« Reply #2134 on: May 19, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
Uncharted 4 is one of the best games I've ever played

Definitely! I am on my first run so far, but am not in any hurry to beat. In fact, I just took my sweet time on Chapter 12 last night, and I must have spent nearly 3 hours to clear that chapter. It wasn't because it was hard or anything, rather I actually stopped and enjoyed / appreciated the structures, scenery, lighting and all several times. This game is just beautifully done.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020