Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 491885 times)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1610 on: October 10, 2015, 01:46:10 AM »
Been talking to a few people around the web and apparently a lot of the rare Amiibo are getting mass restocks at Best Buy and Toys R Us. Employee I talked to probably didn't realize that. It's awesome either way. These things are meant for kids mostly, so seeing the hard-to-find ones suddenly become accessible is great to see. Freaking kids shouldn't have to deal with online scalpers, limited preordering bullshit and waiting in lines at four in the morning just for a toy.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1611 on: October 10, 2015, 02:19:26 AM »
No kidding, that's just wrong.  :lol I wouldn't have use for most of them, but I could use the Shulk one every now and again. But they work just as well as figurines, they're really well crafted, surprisingly cheap if you get them retail, and can still be used as gaming accessories if needed.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline adace

« Reply #1612 on: October 11, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »
So Transformers Devastation was pretty cool. Definitely not Platinum Games' best work but a short and sweet game for sure.

Really looking forward to The Uncharted Collection this week.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1613 on: October 11, 2015, 10:12:28 PM »
So Transformers Devastation was pretty cool. Definitely not Platinum Games' best work but a short and sweet game for sure.

Being a total G1 fanboy, I've been interested in that game, but the scenery and gameplay looked a bit repetitive in the trailer, so I wasn't sure if it would live up to expectations.
But it has original voice actors, and Vince Dicola even composed some music for the game, so my nerd senses are tingling.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2015, 04:24:27 AM »
Cinematic teaser from Squadron 42:

Squadron 42: Bishop Senate Speech
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline adace

« Reply #1615 on: October 12, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Launch trailer for Halo 5. My hype meter just went off the charts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh_NXwqFvHc&feature=youtu.be

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1616 on: October 12, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »
The Collector's Edition of Dragon Quest Heroes showed up today, so I've been tinkering with that a bit. Fun stuff.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1617 on: October 12, 2015, 10:10:01 PM »
So I started playing Bastion today. Great game so far.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1618 on: October 13, 2015, 07:42:58 AM »
YES!!!

https://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/40995/20151010/playstation-vr-headset.htm

Following confirmation that Sony acquired SoftKinetic, speculations say the PlayStation VR headset could get the tracking sensor firm's "time-of-flight" tech to enable hand-tracking.

Like Sony, the Belgian start-up is an expert in camera sensors. What makes their cameras unique however is "time-of-flight" that works similarly to Microsoft's Kinect motion camera for the Xbox gaming console.
According to Re/code, the technology works by sending out a diffused laser and measuring how long it takes for that to come back.

"What that means in consumer terms is that a person would be able to see and use his or her hands to grip, manipulate or otherwise interact with virtual objects while wearing a headset that might otherwise make them impossible to see,"

My. Body. Is. Ready.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1619 on: October 13, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »
Awesome game!

Fallout 4 is less than a month away!!!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: October 13, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »
Did anyone else play the Star Wars Battlefront Beta? I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Pre-ordered the PC version.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1621 on: October 13, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
Did anyone else play the Star Wars Battlefront Beta? I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Pre-ordered the PC version.
I'm slowly working my way through the older Star Wars games I got in a humble bundle a little while back.

Played KOTOR I and II (which were really excellent) and now I'm working my way through the rest in chronological order. Finished Dark Forces the other day (so old school) and now a couple of missions into Jedi Knight Dark Forces II.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1622 on: October 13, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »

That was the bees knees. That Walker Assault mode felt like an actual battle. There was one match where I was a rebel and we were pressed back to the final trenches and my entire team just started unloading everything we had, and it was just insane watching all the laser shots fly by back and forth. Finally got clipped by a shot from the AT-AT and I wasn't even mad because I was so into that final push, and that death just felt so real, it reminded me of the Civil War for some reason and how sometimes a guy would get unlucky even in the back and get picked off by heavy artillery or some shit.

Anywho, I will definitely be getting this game, the flying is so on point, playing as heroes is 'chk 'chk, and the gunplay is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1623 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:31 PM »

That was the bees knees. That Walker Assault mode felt like an actual battle. There was one match where I was a rebel and we were pressed back to the final trenches and my entire team just started unloading everything we had, and it was just insane watching all the laser shots fly by back and forth. Finally got clipped by a shot from the AT-AT and I wasn't even mad because I was so into that final push, and that death just felt so real, it reminded me of the Civil War for some reason and how sometimes a guy would get unlucky even in the back and get picked off by heavy artillery or some shit.

Anywho, I will definitely be getting this game, the flying is so on point, playing as heroes is 'chk 'chk, and the gunplay is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The Walker Assault was sick.  I felt the game overall was really smooth and tight, very unexpected honestly.  The matchmaking was on point as well, I was very impressed.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1624 on: October 14, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
Ultra into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The collecting, the upgrading, the fact that you wear the armor of your fallen foes...it's so addicting! It's also a great upgrade from MH3U. The mechanics and some enemies are similar, but for the most part it's much more diverse in locale, larger monsters, and especially in the fighting mechanics. Just adding that one concept of being able to jump on top of the monsters and bring them down is awesome. Really tough, really fun game. It's definitely a patience tester though, and if I get impatient, it all goes to shit...and I'm a really impatient dude in all things in life. So it's almost like a good way to test that aspect of myself. I find myself wanting to rush through a fight in which I'm re-doing to get certain materials to get an armor set from a monster I've fought a dozen times and know every move but get my ass kicked when I rush it. It's a good 'ole time though. Very rewarding!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1625 on: October 16, 2015, 07:19:23 AM »
Awesome game!

Fallout 4 is less than a month away!!!!!
So awesome!! Can't wait!!!

Fallout 4 - The Wanderer Trailer
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1626 on: October 20, 2015, 12:09:01 AM »
I've got a question that I've had for a while, but it took till now  to think to ask here.  In Donkey Kong 64, in the over world,  there is a small,  flat, gray Island with a white cross on the center.  When you get to this island,  all the music stops.  As far I can tell, there's no specific purpose for it

Any knowledge about this?
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: October 20, 2015, 12:13:06 AM »
It's been a while since I've played it, but from a Google search it seems that in short you have to turn big with Chunky and pound the ground to get a gold banana.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1628 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:00 AM »
It's been a while since I've played it, but from a Google search it seems that in short you have to turn big with Chunky and pound the ground to get a gold banana.
I haven't played DK64 since it came out more than 15 years ago. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1629 on: October 20, 2015, 02:20:56 AM »
I last played it properly maybe a decade ago. I tried playing it about a year ago, but couldn't get into it. Too many elements in there with the weapons and stuff.

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #1630 on: October 20, 2015, 02:41:05 AM »
Just got the Lego Dimensions Starter Pack plus the Portal 2 Level Pack and it's awesome! Here's a shot after finishing the portal structure and a couple of hours of playing with a friend (we're both right in the target group, she is 24, I'm 35 :biggrin:):

Greetings...
Nef

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #1631 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
Tales Of Zesteria was released on steam last night. I had some crashing issues but was able to work around them, thanks to the helpful people in the community hub.

The first village is stunningly beautiful. I love the "Land in the clouds" look it has. It's like something out of a dream. The combat is done very well (Like it usually is in a Tales game), and it manages to feel fresh despite being a deviation of the same real-time battle system that has been a staple of the series. The characters haven't wowed me yet, but normally in a JRPG the characters develop and improve as you go along, plus I've only played for 2 hours. As for the story, it hasn't really taken shape yet, so I cannot comment on that. My favorite part of the game so far is the graphics, specifically in that village I mentioned.

My only gripe so far is that Sorey (The main character) has a weirdly drawn face that I'm not used to. It looks fine in the anime cutscenes, but in game it's a bit awkward looking.

I've been a fan of Tales games since the original Symphonia for the Gamecube, so I was excited to find out that there's an HD remake of Symphonia coming out for PC next year. Those who pre-ordered Zesteria get to have it for free. The thought of being able to play my second favorite RPG of all time in HD resolution is exciting. I can't wait. Do you guys have any good memories of playing Symphonia? Mine was playing through the whole game co-op with a friend. I usually played as Genis or Presea because those two are my favorite  :heart. Played my fair share as Lloyd too.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1632 on: October 20, 2015, 08:03:54 AM »
Yeah, I also played through Symphonia co-op with a friend. Good times.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1633 on: October 20, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »

I see, thanks. You know,  I played that game all the time as a kid,  but I still have yet to actually beat it,  much less complete it.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1634 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

I see, thanks. You know,  I played that game all the time as a kid,  but I still have yet to actually beat it,  much less complete it.

Classic collectathon, always something extra to collect! These days I'll do the best I can on my own, then when I get stuck I'll find a guide on the internet, or just check out a Youtube video.

Offline adace

« Reply #1635 on: October 23, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »
Had the chance to play a bit of Assassin's Creed Syndicate today. Not gonna spoil anything but it's a very solid game so far. A few new innovations but it pretty much sticks to the roots of the series. Interesting story and very dynamic, relatable characters. And thankfully I didn't see any game-breaking bugs (at least not yet).

Definitely want to pick it up once the price goes down.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1636 on: October 23, 2015, 09:28:05 PM »
The yearly release cycle (and last year's disastrous launch) has burned me out on those games. Haven't played on since Black Flag and I don't see myself playing one again anytime soon.

I did had a lot of fun playing BF though.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1637 on: October 23, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »
Rogue was better than Black Flag, I thought. I finally got around to Liberation recently, and despite some glaring faults it was the most fun I've had with an Assassin's Creed since III.

Wish they were doing another Rogue like game for the older systems, oh well.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1638 on: October 23, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
Really? Besides Bloodlines and the DS games, Liberation was the least fun I've had  with the series. Short as hell, terrible voice acting, New Orleans being boring as all hell. The only cool thing it did was the costume mechanic.

But yeah, Black Flag and Rogue are still tops for me (well, with AC2 and Brotherhood right beside it). Glad to not be seeing anything about Syndicate being a buggy mess like Unity was. They could not have afforded to fuck that up a second time, interest in the series seems to be waning to begin with. Hell, I'm a massive AC fan and I barely even paid attention to any of the news on Syndicate this year. The yearly releases are wearing on me now, and honestly I think Rogue is strong enough that it could have stood on its own last year while they continued to work on Unity.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1639 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
Liberation had some glaring problems, but being a little smaller made a nice an succinct experience. Black Flag, and to a lesser extent Rogue, suffered from a sprawling mass of meaningless, no challenge collectibles. I much prefer fewer collectibles that pose some sort of challenge or have some kind of impact. Liberation was the first entry I've played since III that was a little better at that. The jewels were a good example. Not too many of them, but they're hidden in plain sight. The voodoo collectible was just like what Black Flag and some of the II series did, just press forward towards it and you'll get it. I think I just saw some of the elements in it that made III the pinnacle of the series for me, and then the persona system added some intrigue. It was far from perfect but too small to tire of.

Really didn't have a problem with the voice acting, overall.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1640 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:58 AM »
Are the escort/eavesdropping missions still present? God, I hate those with a passion and they were just about my only pet peeve with Black Flag, otherwise I loved it. But I haven't play any other Assassins' Creed games since.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1641 on: October 26, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »
Liberation has some tailing/escort, but no eavesdropping. Why do people dislike the eavesdropping so much? Is it a playstyle thing?

I enjoyed Liberation, but there's no getting around it being a smaller, less complex, title. That just worked for me right now.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1642 on: October 27, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »
Anyone planning on picking up Halo 5? I was initially really excited for this based on how awesome Halo 4 was, but after reading the you only play as Masterchief for 20% of the story I'm concerned. I'm not into multiplayer and only play Halo for the story. Based on early reviews the story isn't great. Going to wait until the price drops and save up for Battle Front and Tomb Raider instead.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1643 on: October 27, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
Welp, AC Syndicate is fantastic, I think. It's like all the best parts of Rogue and Unity were carried over and they revamped that terrible cover system (the "sneak mode" is an improvement in every way) and brought back the whistle mechanic. Taking back territory reminds me of Saints Row and I like that. The grappling hook has basically made it so I don't want to climb anything ever again. The two main leads are way more like-able than Arno ever was. I like all the continuity nods and that the map isn't outright swamped in shit to collect like Unity was.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1644 on: October 27, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »