Author Topic: Creating and curating your playlists  (Read 1589 times)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Creating and curating your playlists
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2023, 09:28:31 AM »
How the fuck do you guys have time to do anything other than make playlists?

These are playlists that I've slowly built over time. I generally just add to them and then give them a clear out every now and then. It's honestly not much work.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2023, 01:46:53 PM »
I've been making them in some form or another since I was 13 and got a "boombox" that had two tape decks, so I could record from tape to tape, CD to tape, radio to tape, or microphone to tape.  The form that shifted over the years, but the idea of making mixtapes of some sort has been there a long time.  Some I just add to as I come across or think of songs, or if I get a new idea I just create one (a couple of my recent threads have related to versions of them).  It's just an ongoing thing, it's not like it was all created at once.  Same way someone builds any sort of collection, just that these are more of virtual compilations of lists.  And there's no reason I can't listen to music while doing it, it's more fuel for them. 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2023, 01:49:11 PM »
It's this your way of trying to justify why you haven't listened to my massive King Gizzard playlist yet? The longer you put it off, the more albums they release, the larger it gets, just saying.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2023, 02:01:33 PM »
Between the first third of that and their two albums this year, that's like 50 songs, I can only take so much at once.  :p

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2024, 10:30:03 AM »
This post on hacker news sounds like a wonderful idea, and made me think of twosuitsluke:

I do this thing with a small group of friends, where we drive like 3-4 grands worth of speakers and room correction DSP (Genelec and DSpeaker) to a summer cottage every 6-8 weeks or so. The place, a big log cabin, happens to have wonderful acoustics.

And we just sit back, mostly STFU and listen to a selection of music for an entire evening, DJ:ed by me (I accept requests), and we eat good food. There's no background music, when we cook, eat or clean, because we want to rest our ears for the main sessions.

The next day, we drive back, I check everything we listened to from Last.fm, and I create a Spotify playlist of the event, which we all save.

Most people look at me like I知 insane when I describe this activity.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2024, 11:46:18 AM »
This post on hacker news sounds like a wonderful idea, and made me think of twosuitsluke:

I do this thing with a small group of friends, where we drive like 3-4 grands worth of speakers and room correction DSP (Genelec and DSpeaker) to a summer cottage every 6-8 weeks or so. The place, a big log cabin, happens to have wonderful acoustics.

And we just sit back, mostly STFU and listen to a selection of music for an entire evening, DJ:ed by me (I accept requests), and we eat good food. There's no background music, when we cook, eat or clean, because we want to rest our ears for the main sessions.

The next day, we drive back, I check everything we listened to from Last.fm, and I create a Spotify playlist of the event, which we all save.

This sounds like a perfectly acceptable use of time. I wish my friends that live close by had the same appreciation for music that I do, cause I would totally do something like this.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline HOF

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2024, 11:54:30 AM »

This sounds like a perfectly acceptable use of time. I wish my friends that live close by had the same appreciation for music that I do, cause I would totally do something like this.

This sounds awesome, but I think I壇 rather do this by myself because there痴 no way anyone else I know would want to spend a weekend listening to music (much less my music).

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2024, 05:33:11 PM »

Yea dude, I fucking wish my friends would see this as time well spent, in the same way I do!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2024, 05:34:17 PM »

Yea dude, I fucking wish my friends would see this as time well spent, in the same way I do!
I tell you what, if you end up moving to Scotland, I'll move there too and we'll just do weekly music listening parties in the middle of nowhere in the Highlands  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar