Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488942 times)

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2135 on: May 19, 2016, 06:24:47 PM »
I've also enjoyed what I've played of Uncharted 4. The gameplay is further refined, making it the best in the series. I really like how the combat sections are more spread out. The last chapter I played, Chapter 12, was entirely exploration and a few puzzles.

Naughty Dog addressed my biggest concern with U3, which is that it was too easy. I'm playing on Crushing, and this game is much harder. Not as hard as the first game was at its most difficult, but more difficult than 2 and 3.

My biggest complaint so far is that there has yet to be a massive action sequence on the level of 2's train section or 3's cruise ship, but that will hopefully be addressed in the game's final third. Everything else, from story to gameplay, has been on point. I look forward to finishing it tomorrow.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2136 on: May 21, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
I loved Doom as a kid and I LOVE the new one. Fast, frantic and ton of fun.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2137 on: May 24, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
Can't wait for the next Mirror's Edge, looks awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GQEtUREWY
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2138 on: May 26, 2016, 05:22:20 AM »
I'm a huge Fantasy nerd so the Souls setting is more my style.

I'm up to Vicar Amelia and still generally getting my ass beat by everything.

That's normal… I've done everything Bloodborne has to offer (got the platinum and did everything in the Old Hunters add on) and aside from some of the boss fights in The Old Hunters and Chalice dungeons, nothing was harder for me than when I first started playing that game. I really started to get a better feel for the game once I got past the Blood-starved Beast, which kicked my ass several times on my first play through. It also helped when I got Ludwig's sword which pretty much made me feel like I was playing the game on easy mode. What weapon are you using right now? In my opinion, the Hunter's Axe is by far the best starting weapon.

I started with the Axe but I have been using the Kirkhammer. Being able to switch between the very agile sword and the huge damage of the hammer is really helpful.

Beat Vicar Amelia yesterday without a ton of trouble.

The Kirkhammer is a really cool weapon, I used that for a bit on my first play through. You get that same agile sword / big heavy weapon combo with Ludwig's sword too, I'd definitely consider trying that one out once it is available for you.

Offline adace

« Reply #2139 on: May 26, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »
Live action trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O-iGjwqP4k

This has me really excited for the game. Can't wait!

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2140 on: May 27, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
On the Bloodborne topic, now I just have Orphan of Kos and Mergo's Wet Nurse>Moon Presence (and Chalice stuff) left. I got Orphan of Kos down to low enough that his health bar ended at "Orphan" but god this guy is a motherfucker.

Now I'm using the Whirligig Saw because OF COURSE I AM. I also really like the Rakuyo.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline j

« Reply #2141 on: May 27, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
On the Bloodborne topic, now I just have Orphan of Kos and Mergo's Wet Nurse>Moon Presence (and Chalice stuff) left. I got Orphan of Kos down to low enough that his health bar ended at "Orphan" but god this guy is a motherfucker.

Now I'm using the Whirligig Saw because OF COURSE I AM. I also really like the Rakuyo.

Hardest boss in the game for me I think.  He's so damn aggressive it's hard to find a way to get a hit in most of the time.  Beating him was so exhilarating though, a feeling in gaming that only this series seems to be able to give me anymore.

-J

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2142 on: May 31, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »
Tropico

Has anyone else played this? I got if for free on PS+ this month and tired it out yesterday for the first time. My girlfriend got out of bed just as I was booting it up for my first attempt. We ended up playing it for 13 hours straight. Fantastic game all around.

Offline adace

« Reply #2143 on: May 31, 2016, 08:10:30 PM »
Ratchet and Clank for PS4 is a ton of fun. Not as good as Crack in Time but definitely still worth picking up.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2144 on: May 31, 2016, 08:39:16 PM »
Tropico is awesome! I didn't play Tropico 5 but I had a great time with Trop 4

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2145 on: June 01, 2016, 07:41:55 AM »
Bought Overwatch last night and played a couple hours.  I knew it was going to be like TF but holy shit it's exactly the same, just new and more characters/abilities.  It's actually quite a lot to sink in right now, too many characters and different abilities mean it'll take awhile to learn whos who and who is capable of what.  I did enjoy being the huge guy with the sledgehammer, who I mostly played as last night.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2146 on: June 01, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »
I'm about halfway through Uncharted 4. Really loving it. The added stealth element makes the gameplay much more interesting.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2147 on: June 01, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »
I knew it was going to be like TF but holy shit it's exactly the same

I've played TF2 for about four years and I'd say Overwatch is only marginally similar, while also way more unbalanced and unfun.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2148 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
I knew it was going to be like TF but holy shit it's exactly the same

I've played TF2 for about four years and I'd say Overwatch is only marginally similar, while also way more unbalanced and unfun.

Maybe because of those unbalanced heros (still learning so I havent noticed this yet) cause different gameplay to make it feel different, but honeslty feels the exact same in terms of overall game (maybe time will also tell with this).  I do wish they had more modes and options to play.  Maybe eventually? 

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2149 on: June 01, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
I'm about halfway through Uncharted 4. Really loving it. The added stealth element makes the gameplay much more interesting.

I agree, though I'm not as far as you are. You can go through guns blazing and get through rather quickly, but the stealth approach is particularly satisfying.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #2150 on: June 01, 2016, 06:17:10 PM »

I agree, though I'm not as far as you are. You can go through guns blazing and get through rather quickly, but the stealth approach is particularly satisfying.

Not on Crushing. The checkpoint system can be really unforgiving at times. I had to turn down the difficulty after I spent over an hour unsuccessfully attempting to clear a single section. The final straw was when 10 minutes worth of difficult gameplay was reset. There is usually one strategy to get through each area, and even slight deviations from it will result in death. Even then, the inconsistent combat mechanics leave more to luck than I'd like. It's a shame, as I really liked how Crushing restricted my ammo to make the game harder.

Once I lowered the difficulty, I breezed through the last few chapters of the game and had a lot of fun with it. The story was, by far, the best written of the franchise despite being the most convoluted, and is the only one to have a satisfying conclusion.

Right now, I would rank them as 2 > 3 = 4 > 1.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2152 on: June 05, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
That kinda sorta makes me want to break my sobriety.  :lol

That's fucking awesome. Buy it and tell me how Sub Zero tastes, Floyd!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2153 on: June 05, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »
I'd probably buy the Sub-zero Imperial IPA. The others are not my taste, especially Scorpion Imperial Stout.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #2154 on: June 06, 2016, 06:21:58 AM »
Finished Uncharted 4 last night. Awesome game. The last few chapters, in particular, were insane. I also feel like Naughty Dog nailed the ending. Now I'm deciding between replaying it to find all the treasures, or resuming my Uncharted 1 game, which I've never beaten.

Online Azyiu

« Reply #2155 on: June 06, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
Finished Uncharted 4 last night. Awesome game. The last few chapters, in particular, were insane. I also feel like Naughty Dog nailed the ending. Now I'm deciding between replaying it to find all the treasures, or resuming my Uncharted 1 game, which I've never beaten.

Do what I am doing... dive back into Uncharted 4 for all the treasures and optional conversations or what not; and then go back and replay 1 thru 3.  :hat
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline adace

« Reply #2156 on: June 06, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »
https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-announces-watch-dogs-2-announcement-1780790856?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I really like the first Watch Dogs so I'm super excited for this, especially since it takes place in San Francisco (one of my favorite cities).

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2157 on: June 06, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
FINAL FANTASY XII REMAKE TO BE RELEASED ON PS4 IN 2017

:caffeine:
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2158 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:37 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. IVEBEENWAITINGFORTHIS.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2159 on: June 06, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »
Oooo....looks like I'm getting a PS4. Seems a good time to get one.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2160 on: June 07, 2016, 05:17:16 AM »

YES YES YES FRIGGING YES! The most underrated Final Fantasy of all time! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

And I love that it's based on the International Zodiac Job System version of the game, which we never got. :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #2161 on: June 07, 2016, 06:54:32 AM »

Do what I am doing... dive back into Uncharted 4 for all the treasures and optional conversations or what not; and then go back and replay 1 thru 3.  :hat

This is what I eventually decided to do sir. :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2162 on: June 07, 2016, 11:04:31 AM »

YES YES YES FRIGGING YES! The most underrated Final Fantasy of all time! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

And I love that it's based on the International Zodiac Job System version of the game, which we never got. :tup

Awesome. That makes me more interested as it makes it, pretty much, a different way to play.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2163 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »
PERSONA 5 IN NA ON 14 FEBRUARY 2017!

https://personacentral.com/persona-5-na-release-date-february-14-2017/

Nice SE by the way, seems like I`ll be getting a PS3/PS4 soon, however EU release will probably still take forever after NA release.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2164 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »
Looking forward to Uncharted 4 in September. I have plenty of other games right now, so this works out perfectly. Going on vacation for 2 weeks in September, and my friend who loved Uncharted (but never got a PS4) is going to buy the game and borrow my console during that time, and then when I get back he'll give me the game. Should work out perfectly as I don't currently have anything else planned for around that time, gaming wise.

In other news, even with the new trailer I still can't decide if Horizon: Zero Dawn is looking really awesome, or is just all around the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2165 on: June 09, 2016, 12:39:25 AM »
Horizon looks absolutely amazing but then again it's a cinematic so not much to say about the gameplay or how it actually will look. I'm not sure why you say it looks dumb, you mean the plot?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline adace

« Reply #2166 on: June 09, 2016, 01:48:11 AM »
To me Horizon looks like a more interesting version of Far Cry Primal. Definitely want to check it out when it releases. Also the graphics look incredible, especially the details on the robo dinos.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2167 on: June 09, 2016, 05:48:21 AM »
What's on everyone's E3 wish list?

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2168 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
Definitely Zelda U (wow 3 years after announcement finally some gameplay  :eek), Persona 5 (currently playing P4 and I`m stoked to have more afterwards!), Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse (loved the prequel, I have very high expectations on this one).
I`m also interested in Mass Effect Andromeda (the original trilogy was great, but I`m a little sceptical on how they will go on with the series) and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Human Revolution had a great atmosphere, although I don`t like stealth games gameplay-wise).

Luckily I`ll be visiting the gamescom on two days in August, so I probably can get my hands on some of those!

Offline stfostfo

« Reply #2169 on: June 09, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »
My dad just had a new multimedia room outfitted by a company out of Seattle called EWD theaters and it is unreal!!  First thing I did was put on the Live at Budokan show and rocked out like a madman!!!!  What a difference a set up like that makes, it's almost like being there!!  After that was done I immediately popped in battlefront for the Xbox and hit that bitch in 200 inches!! UNREAL!!!!  Anybody else have a projector??