Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489184 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6020 on: February 25, 2020, 06:41:43 AM »
Just wrapped up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Being a massive fan of the franchise, this is one of the funniest games ever made. When I want to replay it I'm going to play The Stick of Truth again because that's hilarious too and it's super short by comparison. Laughed my ass off from start to finish.

Think I'll get that soon. Wasnt sure if it was as short as TSOT, glad to know it's a good length.

If you liked TSOT and you're only complaint was length, you should get this one.  It's just as good if not better.  I'll go with Katt in saying that it's longer, but I don't really remember TSoT to recall how long it was, but I didn't get the feeling this was a short game.  Especially if you take your time and do side quests instead of just barging through the story.  Which is totally worth it for the South Park humor to explore everything.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6021 on: February 25, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »
Just wrapped up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Being a massive fan of the franchise, this is one of the funniest games ever made. When I want to replay it I'm going to play The Stick of Truth again because that's hilarious too and it's super short by comparison. Laughed my ass off from start to finish.

Think I'll get that soon. Wasnt sure if it was as short as TSOT, glad to know it's a good length.

If you liked TSOT and you're only complaint was length, you should get this one.  It's just as good if not better.  I'll go with Katt in saying that it's longer, but I don't really remember TSoT to recall how long it was, but I didn't get the feeling this was a short game.  Especially if you take your time and do side quests instead of just barging through the story.  Which is totally worth it for the South Park humor to explore everything.

Awesome. So instead of Episode length, it's movie length packed with extra scenes and bonus content. 😄

I'll likely wait for a sale as Katt said. I still feel it's not worth the price.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6022 on: February 25, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
Eh for $60 definitely not, but I got it for $25 and it's 100% worth that price, easily.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6023 on: February 25, 2020, 10:08:43 AM »
Yea, definitely a game to wait for a sale to purchase

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6024 on: February 25, 2020, 08:33:40 PM »
I don't consider myself a 'great' Smash player, but I finally figured out how to share replays. I have so many disrespectful kills I can't wait to share, but here's the one that made me finally figure out how to do it. 3-stocked a DK player. He came for his first stock, so I took my third, at that high %  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6J5BO_4MU
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6025 on: February 26, 2020, 03:54:57 AM »
I thought Stick of Truth was fantastic, is was basically an interactive South Park season with a focused story packaged in a JRPG-esque game. Took me 15(-20?) hours but it felt right to me. Fractured But Whole is less focused, it is a bit more freeform with a lot of different substories. But it is a game I play once in a while, have to return to it soon. I have the gold edition so I also own the DLCs.

I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and checked out Halo 4 and I am impressed with the rumble features on the Xbox One controller. For all the marketing by Nintendo with their weak ass HD rumble in the Pro Controller (the rumble is fine on the joy-cons), it does not even come close to how some Xbox One games handle rumble for me. For those that do not know, the Xbox controller has seperate feedback on both of the triggers, in addition to normal rumble. This gives shooters and racers a nice edge in my opinion.  Also, Forza Horizon 4 is amazing.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6026 on: February 28, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »
Finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey a few days ago. My spoiler-free thoughts: Man what a stupid happy ending that was. And looking at the choices that led up to that...well they seemed really arbitrary. Some of those choices don't make any sense on how they bring about the happy ending. Ah well. Anyway on to No Mang's Sky once again. Maybe I'll really get into it this time.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6027 on: February 29, 2020, 01:28:10 AM »
Finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey a few days ago. My spoiler-free thoughts: Man what a stupid happy ending that was. And looking at the choices that led up to that...well they seemed really arbitrary. Some of those choices don't make any sense on how they bring about the happy ending. Ah well. Anyway on to No Mang's Sky once again. Maybe I'll really get into it this time.

The family ending or the ending in some undergound "those who came before" cave?

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6028 on: February 29, 2020, 07:49:06 AM »

The family ending or the ending in some undergound "those who came before" cave?

The family ending.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6029 on: February 29, 2020, 12:43:35 PM »
In Skyrim, I like to kill everybody, loot them, strip them naked, and either pile them in the street (if in the wild) or toss them into the water (if in a cave). Can I do this in Red Dead 2? I realize that might sound concerning. Just tell me if I can.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6030 on: February 29, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
You cant strip bodies in RDR2 but you can do the rest... see 4:52 for example:

https://youtu.be/OsZvTnd3xIQ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6031 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:32 PM »
WTF  :rollin That's hilarious!!

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6032 on: February 29, 2020, 12:58:00 PM »
The shit witness/bounty system in RDR2 really kept me from fucking around like that. Or are you guys talking about online mode? Do they have magical witnesses in online mode?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6033 on: February 29, 2020, 01:00:17 PM »
The shit witness/bounty system in RDR2 really kept me from fucking around like that. Or are you guys talking about online mode? Do they have magical witnesses in online mode?

Nah, I'm not planning on messing with online; I'm still learning some fundamentals of the solo game and I'm like 15 hours in. But Jesus it's like anything I do in town will get me wanted. Hell, even when I'm in the wild... Someone tried to rob my horse and he attacked me so I killed him. Then like a minute later, even though I rode off a couple hundred feet from the scene of the crime, I was informed I was wanted because a witness had come across the site. I can't figure out this damn game. It's really hard to get away with killing someone who isn't part of the O'Driscolls apparently...

Also I have probably spent more time hunting and playing poker and finger fillet than the actual game at this point. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games ever. It's like I'm playing a full-on cowboy sim in the best possible way

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6034 on: February 29, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »

It's still in the online mode but in that situation a posse had just finished some mission which resulted in lots of dead bodies laying around. Most of the wanted stuff happens if you screw around in a town or on a road with NPCs. You dont get them for messing with real people... like how that ended  :biggrin:

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6035 on: February 29, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »

Nah, I'm not planning on messing with online; I'm still learning some fundamentals of the solo game and I'm like 15 hours in. But Jesus it's like anything I do in town will get me wanted. Hell, even when I'm in the wild... Someone tried to rob my horse and he attacked me so I killed him. Then like a minute later, even though I rode off a couple hundred feet from the scene of the crime, I was informed I was wanted because a witness had come across the site. I can't figure out this damn game. It's really hard to get away with killing someone who isn't part of the O'Driscolls apparently...

Also I have probably spent more time hunting and playing poker and finger fillet than the actual game at this point. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games ever. It's like I'm playing a full-on cowboy sim in the best possible way

Yes tis a big beautiful game with a few rough spots. I'm looking forward to playing it again One Day.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6036 on: March 01, 2020, 07:31:04 AM »
Oh go figure. I can go shoot deer and turkeys and squirrels and muskrats all day but I shoot one dog and I'm a wanted criminal. Now, yes, that dog belonged to someone, and yes, my horse ran into the dog first, but still...

(Funny thing was, I killed the dog, then picked it up and carried it on my horse all the way to town. And only when people saw that I had a dog carcass on my horse was when I became a wanted criminal. Come in with squirrels and cardinals in my pockets, 2 turkeys off the sides, and a giant deer on its ass, sitting on the skins of several of its kin, all okay though.)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6037 on: March 02, 2020, 09:58:05 AM »
Well, Red Dead ate my whole weekend, and all I did was wrap up Chapter 2 very late last night. I'm gonna stay here in chapter 3 for a good long time because this new camp is in a really cool location and I'm gonna go explore all over the world, as much as I can at this point, anyway. This is definitely the most immersive experience I've ever had. First person mode ftw.

Also, FF7 Remake demo is out as of this morning. Goes up through the intro Mako Reactor stuff at the very start of FF7. I'll check it out

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #6038 on: March 02, 2020, 02:01:33 PM »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6039 on: March 02, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »
Also, FF7 Remake demo is out as of this morning. Goes up through the intro Mako Reactor stuff at the very start of FF7. I'll check it out

Awesome!  I will check that out tonight.  Looks like RE3 demo is still on the way.  Both these games are releasing within a week of each other.  RE3 4/3 and FFVII 4/10.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6040 on: March 02, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »
Those clips of half life looked great. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get an index (when and if I can find one). My brother and I will share it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6041 on: March 02, 2020, 04:10:09 PM »

You just made my day.

Wow, this is way better than FFXV. They have addressed a lot of my issues. This feels way more focused and thank god the fighting system is much more fleshed out beyond just holding down the attack button. This game lets you attack to build up ability points and then you can use those ability point to do a special move or magic, and in addition you can't just hold block or infinitely dodge. You will take reasonable damage and have to keep that in mind as you strategize. And I am very happy that you can control the other characters as well in battle. 
The reimagined music is very nicely done as well.

FF7 is my favorite game ever made, so of course I was gonna buy it. But I am very pleased with the demo. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:59:37 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6042 on: March 02, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »
Just wrapped up the FF7 remake demo. Lordy jeeze oh man. Where to even start. It's one thing to see the footage of it, but finally being able to play it was something else. The graphics are just on another level, man. I never ever would have predicted games looking this freaking good even ten years ago. The amount of detail in any given frame is staggering. Absolutely bonkers. Jessie looking cute af  :lol and with that level of detail, they help flesh out the characters even more. Being able to catch little things, like Cloud's deadpan eye movements after someone speaks, or his ever-so-slight grin when Jessie says his superhero jump was cool - I love it. And yeah, the battle system is fantastic, immediately it feels way more satisfying than 15.

My only complaint is that the boss fight goes on way too long. It's the very first boss in the game. In FF7 it is little more than a tutorial that lasts a couple minutes. This thing is like the final fight in the final movie of a trilogy of epic superhero films, and it's the first big fight of the game. I don't expect every boss battle to be this spectacular, but I also hope they don't feel like such enormous damage sponges like this felt. Other than that, I am so ready for this game. Just a few months ago I thought I'd never get to.  :biggrin:

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6043 on: March 02, 2020, 11:52:16 PM »
Is the Final Fantasy Remake coming to PC as well?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6044 on: March 03, 2020, 12:41:00 AM »
Is the Final Fantasy Remake coming to PC as well?

No confirmation, but it is believed to be an exclusivity deal of a year. I assume it will be on pc eventually.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #6045 on: March 03, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »
I'm a few hours into Horizon Zero Dawn and holy crap is this a great game.

I think I've mentioned this before, I'm an Xbox Guy at heart but Playstation has them beat in the first party game category.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6046 on: March 04, 2020, 06:32:15 AM »
Horizon is a fantastic game. The photo mode distracted me from the story so much. I couldn't stop taking photos. Only downside is Aloy's face is kinda... ugly. And none of the expressions really help that.

I found alligators by accident last night in Red Dead 2 and I somehow fell in love with this game even more. The gator skinning animations OMG. I'm at the start of chapter 3 but I'm going to stay here and just explore the world for a long time.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6047 on: March 04, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »
Horizon is a fantastic game. The photo mode distracted me from the story so much. I couldn't stop taking photos. Only downside is Aloy's face is kinda... ugly. And none of the expressions really help that.

I found alligators by accident last night in Red Dead 2 and I somehow fell in love with this game even more. The gator skinning animations OMG. I'm at the start of chapter 3 but I'm going to stay here and just explore the world for a long time.

I like to hogtie people and drop them in the swamps. You'll see gators slowly approach them and then attack.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6048 on: March 04, 2020, 07:22:03 AM »
Played the FFVII remake demo last night.  Interesting battle system and of course the graphics are gorgeous.  Looking forward to this one.  Ok, RE3 remake demo can come out any time now.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6049 on: March 04, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »
All this talk about RDR2 makes me want to get a PS4 again just to play this.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6050 on: March 06, 2020, 01:44:41 PM »
Great conversation about the game and Valves view of VR:

Inside Valve: Making Half-Life: Alyx for Virtual Reality
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6051 on: March 06, 2020, 02:00:58 PM »
Is anyone looking forward to State of Decay 2? I know it's been out for a couple years already but it's coming to Steam next week I think. I've been waiting for that. I really enjoyed the first game. One of the very few Early Access games I paid for.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6052 on: March 06, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
I never played the first game but played the second alot on game pass for PC and it's a blast. I really, really enjoyed it. I heard there was going to be an update made to the game with the steam release so I may dive back in.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6053 on: March 06, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »
I never played the first game but played the second alot on game pass for PC and it's a blast. I really, really enjoyed it. I heard there was going to be an update made to the game with the steam release so I may dive back in.

Yeah it's called The Gargantuan Update or something like that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6054 on: March 08, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »
I'm wondering what the new update to RDR2 online will be since season 2 ends Tuesday, I finally maxed out my character.  20 on all roles and 100 overall.  I still play for the daily challenge streak (87 days and counting) but other than killing randoms for fun, I don't know what else to do.

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1236393852577157128 <- slow motion dynamite on someone's wagon