Author Topic: Seinfeld is 25 years old!  (Read 21598 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Seinfeld is 25 years old!
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »
The funny thing is all the little things they talk about is what holds them back in relationships. :lol In the end, even though they are going to jail, they still are having these conversations.  I love that their oblivious to whats going around them. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ishak540m

« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
I think Louie is the logical evolution of Seinfeld.  Seinfeld often comes on the show as himself and he's a real dick to Louie. It's amazing.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:32 PM »
I think Louie is the logical evolution of Seinfeld.  Seinfeld often comes on the show as himself and he's a real dick to Louie. It's amazing.
I'd rather say that Louie is the real show about nothing (as opposed to Seinfeld, which, despite how it advertised itself, it was always about something, with clear 3 act structure), while the evolution of Seinfeld would be Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline ishak540m

« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
I'd rather say that Louie is the real show about nothing (as opposed to Seinfeld, which, despite how it advertised itself, it was always about something, with clear 3 act structure), while the evolution of Seinfeld would be Curb Your Enthusiasm.

either way, this is hilarious: https://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/louis-c-k-comedy-sex-and-the-blue-numbers

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2015, 04:40:50 AM »

either way, this is hilarious: https://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/louis-c-k-comedy-sex-and-the-blue-numbers
Haha, yeah, I check out a few episodes from time to time, that was one of the best. The animated story with the boat was a highlight of the show.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »
I just had a customer with the last name, Van Nostrand.  :biggrin:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »
I just had a customer with the last name, Van Nostrand.  :biggrin:

Was he from the Clinic?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »
That's correct.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »
 :lol  Yes... I like what you've done with that.

From The Hoffer-Mandale Clinic in Belgium.  The Netherlands ?

That is also the "timeless art of seduction" episode. :lol

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:21 AM »
Just saying...

Isn't it 26 years old now?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »
Just saying...

Isn't it 26 years old now?

I guess technically. The very first pilot episode was in 89, but the first season was in 90