Dream Theater > Dream Theater

What would you like to see from DT after D/T tour?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Renzo:

--- Quote from: zappafrank2112 on July 08, 2019, 12:14:24 AM ---Another tour with a different setlist

Specifically: all of WDADU to celebrate its 30th anniversary

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

--- End quote ---

That would actually be great...

Max Kuehnau:

--- Quote from: Setlist Scotty on July 07, 2019, 07:23:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: KevShmev on July 07, 2019, 06:57:11 PM ---Yep, I agree, no need to waste time on any side projects or solo albums, unless they can squeeze them in during DT's down time between albums and touring cycles.  They are getting close to the finishing line and I'd rather get as much new music out of them as possible, so I vote for a new album.

--- End quote ---
This sums it up for me, so I voted the same. That said, I know they plan on another run through North America later this year, so I hope they'll have dropped SFaM from the second set and come up with a completely different set in its place.

--- End quote ---
I agree too. Thanks Scotty.

Samsara:
Honestly, I'd like them to do some different DT things. Bring back the semi-acoustic holiday shows. Have a reunion of JP-JR-MP in Liquid Tension and give that its due. Maybe do an acoustic album.

I really love DOT. Outstanding record. I think they should get away from it, and then come back with the same approach after some other things are done. But I know I'm likely in the minority here.

cramx3:
Do you mean after the full D/T world tour which apparently will include another Euro and NA leg?  If so, then get back to the studio after a break.  The band is on fire with this release, I'd love to get more music out of them if they are up to it.  If you only meant after this Euro leg of the D/T tour only, then I'd say do another tour with a full setlist not dedicated to anything other than the songs not featured this time around.

pg1067:
Another tour celebrating SFAM:  Good grief, no.

Another tour with a different setlist:  Are we talking about after all legs of the DOT tour are over?  Or what they should do after the conclusion of the first European leg?  I think the band has clearly indicated that there will be another North American leg and (I think) a European leg where they do SFAM.  I think they should do both of those things, and I think the NA leg should focus on DOT, with other stuff from throughout the catalog.  As far as what they do after all legs of the DOT tour are over, I think they should take their customary break and get to work on the next album.

D/T Tour live album:  No.

Immediately start working on DT15:  See above.

Another concept album:  If the next album turns out to be a concept album, that would be cool, but I don't feel like they should set out with that specific intent.

Side projects/collaborations:  With one exception, I have never had any interest in any DT side projects/collaborations/solo projects.   The one exception was LTE, and I didn't get into that until well after the fact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version