Author Topic: Slipknot thread?  (Read 18393 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Slipknot thread?
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2023, 05:24:43 AM »
I also dislike how cryptic with it they always are. We'll never know why Jordison really left, and even the thing with Chris still has questions in the air. Not that we're entitled to knowing, but that kind of thing has an inpact on the integrity, perception and legacy of the band, if the band cares about that at all.

I am not following them closely (outside of the music). But wasn't Joey having major health issues? It sucks if they booted him for that, but I recall seeing a concert where Joey really wasn't on point and it was around the time he turned out to have some neurological thing. But if a musician can't play properly, even if the person themselves cannot help it, it does pose a problem for the rest of a band. Again, I don't really know the details here, so correct me if wrong.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
I also dislike how cryptic with it they always are. We'll never know why Jordison really left, and even the thing with Chris still has questions in the air. Not that we're entitled to knowing, but that kind of thing has an inpact on the integrity, perception and legacy of the band, if the band cares about that at all.

I am not following them closely (outside of the music). But wasn't Joey having major health issues? It sucks if they booted him for that, but I recall seeing a concert where Joey really wasn't on point and it was around the time he turned out to have some neurological thing. But if a musician can't play properly, even if the person themselves cannot help it, it does pose a problem for the rest of a band. Again, I don't really know the details here, so correct me if wrong.

Yeah, if you noticed in my post, Joey suffered from myelitis and had to go through major rehab to try to get back to full strength. His opinion was the band booted him because they thought drugs were the issue.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Deathless

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2023, 08:13:37 AM »
The band also released a surprise EP today. It's... fine? Really just two songs (3 versions of one and one other). More softer and atmospheric, which I don't mind, but I don't know if it really appeals to hardcore fans. Thoughts?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2023, 06:57:27 PM »
Slipknot is looking for a drummer, apparently.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2023, 07:01:44 PM »
I wonder if there are any recently released drummers who are in need of a new gig... 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2023, 07:06:55 PM »
The way that statement was worded, Clown canned Jay. Clown was a huge dick when Jay first entered the band. Looks like he finally decided to just fire him. Clown is getting destroyed out there for this right now. I guess they ended up having to turn off comments on the Instagram post and Reddit is on fire.

This along with a story where Corey said that 9 out of 10 times he was the best guitarist in Stone Sour. He really seems to have issues with Josh and Jim. I mean, he fired Jim for Stone Sour but he keeps talking bad about 'members' in Stone Sour and can only be talking about Josh at this point.

Never respected Clown and am slowly losing respect for Corey as well.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2023, 07:13:10 PM »
^^ I really doubt Corey is that egotistical that he thinks he was the best guitarist over Josh Rand and Jim Root in Stone Sour.  Could he think he was the best guitarist in the early days of Stone Sour (the period prior to joining Slipknot)?  Perhaps.

"I guess that was the first year where I really felt confidence in my skills as a guitar player. When Stone Sour first started, not only was I playing guitar constantly, but I was also the lead guitarist. So I was not only the main writer, I was always the lead guitar player. That's kind of been the throughline for my whole career; I would always fill in the weaknesses for whatever band I was in at the time. Like, when I first started, I was almost always better than the drummer I was in a band width. So, whenever we would do demos, I would play all the drums. But then, I had to make a choice. I wanted to sing, I don't want to do both. I don't want to be Phil Collins, I want to just sing."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/corey_taylor_opens_up_on_time_in_stone_sour_9_times_out_of_10_i_was_a_better_player_than_the_guitarist_we_had.html

As for Slipknot canning their drummer, why now?  Do they think they have someone better?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2023, 07:16:52 PM »
I'm late to the Slipknot party but Jay was a huge reason why I got into them. Dude is super talented and a nice guy. No wonder why he didn't fit in with the band.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 08:09:26 PM by kaos2900 »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2023, 08:46:09 PM »
The way that statement was worded, Clown canned Jay. Clown was a huge dick when Jay first entered the band. Looks like he finally decided to just fire him. Clown is getting destroyed out there for this right now. I guess they ended up having to turn off comments on the Instagram post and Reddit is on fire.

This along with a story where Corey said that 9 out of 10 times he was the best guitarist in Stone Sour. He really seems to have issues with Josh and Jim. I mean, he fired Jim for Stone Sour but he keeps talking bad about 'members' in Stone Sour and can only be talking about Josh at this point.

Never respected Clown and am slowly losing respect for Corey as well.

Never heard that one.  Surely he doesn't really believe that.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2023, 07:57:04 AM »
Hows does Mangini feel about masks?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2023, 08:02:45 AM »

:lol

I don't know wtf is going on internally with this band.  But things must be toxic working with Corey/Clown is the only thing I can think of to explain it all.

Online Mladen

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2023, 08:07:56 AM »
What in the world is going on over there? It's only a matter of time before Sid drops out, followed by Jim and Mick. Would anyone be interested in following the band with only Shawn and Corey still being there? Maybe fans would be more engaged and understanding if the band weren't so cryptic with their announcements whenever a member leaves.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2023, 08:19:28 AM »
What in the world is going on over there? It's only a matter of time before Sid drops out, followed by Jim and Mick. Would anyone be interested in following the band with only Shawn and Corey still being there? Maybe fans would be more engaged and understanding if the band weren't so cryptic with their announcements whenever a member leaves.

TBH, if the music was good, yeah I'd still be interested, but it's hard to not notice how poorly the band members are treated and can definitely have an impact on me spending future money on them. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2023, 11:36:04 AM »

I remember a couple decades ago regularly seeing people into Slipknot who seemed to think Jordison was the fastest, most technical drummer alive (even more than Travis Barker!).  They seemed oblivious to George Kollias, John Longstreth and such.  Now there's a whole new generation of those fans to win over.  Mangini would blow their minds.  It'll never happen, but boy would I love to see a counterfactual of it. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2023, 04:35:40 PM »
They'll hire some no name talent and pay them shit. I don't think they'll be getting any more of my money going forward.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2023, 05:33:41 PM »
Slipknot is great. Vol 3 is their best album, and they have great songs on other albums as well. Unsainted is a great track.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2023, 01:20:41 AM »
Slipknot is great. Vol 3 is their best album, and they have great songs on other albums as well. Unsainted is a great track.
To each his own...
Slipknot : My favorite album, true genres mixing, you can feel the rage and the crazyness.
IOWA : At first I was not sure, I loved the savage ones like everything ends, but disliked left behind and other radio songs.
Vol3 : Even weaker, I enjoyed the angriest songs plus vermillion. I understood it was now a nu metal band and accepted the funny side like duality which sounded as a beach party song to me at first.
All hope : I sticked to sulfur, psychosocial and dead memories and forgot about the remaining.
the gray : I discovered custer live, funny song. The devil in I is lazy but efficient. Killpop is ok. Forgot about the remaining.
we are not your kind : the youtube unpublished song was ok. I enjoyed some savage songs like solway firth, orphan, critical darling...nero forte and unsainted are ok.
the end so far : lazy, I forgot it all.
adderall : lol

So basically, my favorites are
1) Slipknot
2) Iowa
3) we are not your kind
And I listen to 3 songs per other albums. I feel like their creativity died 20 years ago and they got lazyAF :D

Concerning all the drama, the band was already dead to me when they lost grey, jordison and fired feng.
They lost groove and fun in their songs.

Sorry for Jay, but I guess inner relations in the band must smell as a dead body, between egos and money.
Jim root's interview I saw about the end so far was like "I don't like this album we rushed it to end our contract mandatory number of albums it's bad"
Taylor fires shots everywhere at everybody.
Toxic slipknot was best slipknot. RIP
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2023, 08:11:32 AM »
Slipknot are kind of great.  Maybe not to me.  I certainly like them a lot, first two albums and We Are Not YOur Kind are killer and the rest of the stuff has lots of good songs.  Even though I didn't care for the newest album, there's some good stuff there and it's kind of proggy too.  But I still think they are a great band for all the success they've had.  Definitely one of the biggest metal bands out there.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2023, 08:19:28 AM »
I wonder if there are any recently released drummers who are in need of a new gig... 
From the DT Discord:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2023, 08:21:31 AM »
And I listen to 3 songs per other albums. I feel like their creativity died 20 years ago and they got lazyAF :D
Never been into the band so I know next to nothing about them aside from the lineup changes I've seen announced on Blabbermouth. With Jay being ousted, I ended up seeing a related article about the songs they haven't played live and - at least to me - it's a pretty shocking number. Here's the article:
https://loudwire.com/songs-slipknot-never-played-live/

The fact that so much of their catalog, aside from the first two albums, has never been played live says a lot, IMO. Granted, the above article is based on setlist.fm, which is the wikipedia of setlist databases, so I'm sure there's room for error, but still it's surprising to me. I know I'm spoiled with bands like DT, Rush and Riverside who have played the majority of their songs live at one point or another, but still I think it says a lot about bands/artists who only play a few songs from their albums and primarily focus on repeated playing the old stuff ad nauseam.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2023, 08:39:23 AM »
Never been into the band so I know next to nothing about them aside from the lineup changes I've seen announced on Blabbermouth. With Jay being ousted, I ended up seeing a related article about the songs they haven't played live and - at least to me - it's a pretty shocking number. Here's the article:
https://loudwire.com/songs-slipknot-never-played-live/

The fact that so much of their catalog, aside from the first two albums, has never been played live says a lot, IMO. Granted, the above article is based on setlist.fm, which is the wikipedia of setlist databases, so I'm sure there's room for error, but still it's surprising to me. I know I'm spoiled with bands like DT, Rush and Riverside who have played the majority of their songs live at one point or another, but still I think it says a lot about bands/artists who only play a few songs from their albums and primarily focus on repeated playing the old stuff ad nauseam.

I don't think its odd.  Quite normal for bands of their size to play mostly the "hits and singles" and not dig deep.  Having said that, I guess it is true that they don't really do anything unique or like one off type of shows.  I recall some talk about them playing all of WANYK a couple years ago that obviously never happened. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2023, 08:46:05 AM »
Not a Slipknot fan. But it seems to me with this recent news that the guys in control of the band, Corey and Clown, want something similar to Ghost. One guy (or a few guys in Slipknot's case) who's the face the band, and a bunch of nameless hired guns for studio and live performances.  Just my two cents.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2023, 09:21:31 AM »
Not a Slipknot fan. But it seems to me with this recent news that the guys in control of the band, Corey and Clown, want something similar to Ghost. One guy (or a few guys in Slipknot's case) who's the face the band, and a bunch of nameless hired guns for studio and live performances.  Just my two cents.

I'm sure money plays a giant part in this like usual.  With 9 band members, money gets split more.  If they can get some hired guns behind the masks, the income goes up for the primary band members.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2023, 09:39:24 AM »

I'm sure money plays a giant part in this like usual.  With 9 band members, money gets split more.  If they can get some hired guns behind the masks, the income goes up for the primary band members.

And not surprisingly, this came out recently:

https://metalinjection.net/news/corey-taylor-on-slipknots-paydays-we-dont-make-a-lot-of-money

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2023, 05:45:10 PM »
Well that sucks. Jay is an incredible drummer. I honestly never got the sense the band got along that well, which is why the long album cycles/breaks worked in the past.

But regardless of drama and douchbaggery, they are still one hell of a live band. Case in point, this is a pro shot 2023 show in full recently uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJumhoaW2s

I genuinely think this is one of their best pro shot shows out there. Also a showcase for the amazing Jay. Damn are they going for it in full. I actually thought it was sped up a bit, but after searching for some crowd footage that does not seem to be the case.

Blister Exists here also kinda makes me wish for a studio version of vol 3 with current Corey screams instead of the higher pitched ones he did for a bit in the late 00's.

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2023, 07:23:53 PM »
It should be noted that a lot of the douchebaggery [and I'm just piggybacking on your word, ErHaO, it's not related to what you meant in your post] is... let's say "guessed at" by the audience. They keep their affairs really close to their chest.

A lot of the anger at Corey and Clown seems to have stemmed from the dismissal of Chris Fehn, when court documents came up and it was revealed that they were named as CEOs or CFOs (or whatever) in companies associated with the group (I can't remember if it was Slipknot LLC or Knotfest LLC, there were a handful of companies). The Chris situation brought that out in the open (with no details as to how the money is actually split between members and what the situation is for the other tenured members of the band like Jim, Mick and Sid).

That's the best explanation I can come up with, because other than that... When was the last time Clown or Corey actually did a verifiably shitty thing? Corey's always in the spotlight "speaking his mind" or whatever (and has been since... well, since he's been a public figure) and Clown's doing his videos and giving cryptic interviews (and increasingly less of them).

I'm wouldn't vouch for either of them and the band's inner workings, but it surprised me that the narrative has become "we hate those two guys now" (not necessarily here, but in the band's subreddit? Hoo boy). Hell, even Anders Colsefni (their first singer) name-checked Corey as the guy in Slipknot who he's been in touch with over the years and who was only ever supportive of him. And Corey was literally the guy who replaced him.

I can't control who people blame for situations in bands, but the amount of sportive vitriol against some members of Slipknot startles me – and my guess is that this only happens because they don't do their laundry in public. This applies to any lineup change since Joey.

All that being said... the news about Jay truly shocked me. However, apparently Jim spoke out on an instagram comment (nothing revealing, just "nobody outside the band knows what it's like, there's more to it than just being creative and playing live, there's the psychology of it all, and sometimes it's great and sometimes it sucks"). Just a reminder that a) there's more to these situations than we can know from outside; and b) they're a business, a machine. Stuff happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to drop the 9-member gimmick going forward.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2023, 08:21:43 AM »
It should be noted that a lot of the douchebaggery [and I'm just piggybacking on your word, ErHaO, it's not related to what you meant in your post] is... let's say "guessed at" by the audience. They keep their affairs really close to their chest.

A lot of the anger at Corey and Clown seems to have stemmed from the dismissal of Chris Fehn, when court documents came up and it was revealed that they were named as CEOs or CFOs (or whatever) in companies associated with the group (I can't remember if it was Slipknot LLC or Knotfest LLC, there were a handful of companies). The Chris situation brought that out in the open (with no details as to how the money is actually split between members and what the situation is for the other tenured members of the band like Jim, Mick and Sid).

That's the best explanation I can come up with, because other than that... When was the last time Clown or Corey actually did a verifiably shitty thing? Corey's always in the spotlight "speaking his mind" or whatever (and has been since... well, since he's been a public figure) and Clown's doing his videos and giving cryptic interviews (and increasingly less of them).

I'm wouldn't vouch for either of them and the band's inner workings, but it surprised me that the narrative has become "we hate those two guys now" (not necessarily here, but in the band's subreddit? Hoo boy). Hell, even Anders Colsefni (their first singer) name-checked Corey as the guy in Slipknot who he's been in touch with over the years and who was only ever supportive of him. And Corey was literally the guy who replaced him.

I can't control who people blame for situations in bands, but the amount of sportive vitriol against some members of Slipknot startles me – and my guess is that this only happens because they don't do their laundry in public. This applies to any lineup change since Joey.

All that being said... the news about Jay truly shocked me. However, apparently Jim spoke out on an instagram comment (nothing revealing, just "nobody outside the band knows what it's like, there's more to it than just being creative and playing live, there's the psychology of it all, and sometimes it's great and sometimes it sucks"). Just a reminder that a) there's more to these situations than we can know from outside; and b) they're a business, a machine. Stuff happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to drop the 9-member gimmick going forward.

I agree with you. I am not calling anyone a douchebag directly. Or that at least is not my intention. And even if I do in a certain context, that does not mean I think someone is a bad person.

I think people on social media hold famous people to a very unrealistic standard. Sometimes I wonder how people on Reddit and X function in real life. Almost every team I have been involved with has some people that don't get along, with none of those people really being in the wrong. In the end, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2023, 08:35:59 AM »
Yeah, I mostly agree too even if I said Clown/Corey might be toxic.  Doesn't mean they are douchebags, but its hard to not notice the poor treatment of some of the members. We just don't have that information.  I don't follow Clown much, but Corey has been outspoken a lot of times and often rubs off as kind of a dick to me.  Granted, I think some of that is the necessary bravado of being the frontman of a huge metal band, but some of it rubs me off that the guy is a legit dick.  I was also at the concert in maybe 2016 when Corey hit the kids phones out of his hand in the front row because he was sending a text message during their set.  Shit like that is not forgotten by me.

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2023, 03:46:07 PM »

I agree with you. I am not calling anyone a douchebag directly. Or that at least is not my intention. And even if I do in a certain context, that does not mean I think someone is a bad person.

I think people on social media hold famous people to a very unrealistic standard. Sometimes I wonder how people on Reddit and X function in real life. Almost every team I have been involved with has some people that don't get along, with none of those people really being in the wrong. In the end, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

We are in full agreement. I don't know if I expressed this properly with my disclaimer, but I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't addressing you directly – I think you had (and have) a very reasonable take on the whole thing.

This unrealistic standard is really tiresome. And it's really a bandwagon: I remember when the Slipknot subreddit was a place for decent discussions and opinions, but it's degenerated into a cesspool where if you don't come in saying "I think Clown is a horrible human being" you're read as this sycophant.

Yeah, I mostly agree too even if I said Clown/Corey might be toxic.  Doesn't mean they are douchebags, but its hard to not notice the poor treatment of some of the members. We just don't have that information.  I don't follow Clown much, but Corey has been outspoken a lot of times and often rubs off as kind of a dick to me.  Granted, I think some of that is the necessary bravado of being the frontman of a huge metal band, but some of it rubs me off that the guy is a legit dick.  I was also at the concert in maybe 2016 when Corey hit the kids phones out of his hand in the front row because he was sending a text message during their set.  Shit like that is not forgotten by me.

I agree that Corey slapping the phone of that kid's hands was unnecessary. It reeked of this old school rockstar-ism that doesn't befit other parts of the persona he likes to project (an everyman who "made it").

In terms of his relations with other bandmembers... I dunno. The last time he lashed out at another member publicly was back around the Iowa days when Clown manifested he was jealous/unhappy at Corey doing Stone Sour and Slipknot at the same time. After than, he's been pretty political and cordial, even when Chris was let go (at most he said something like "Chris knows what he did"). Any further details are firmly behind the scenes.

Hell, Joey was a lot more belligerant (I remember when an interviewer asked about the album after AHIG considering Corey's extra-slipknot activities and Joey responded something like "we'll do it with him or without him"), but that too probably had its context.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2023, 04:19:26 PM »
Just watched the episode of Tank the Tech talking about Jay's firing and he made some interesting insights about what could have happened as well as who might replace Jay. Obviously nothing conclusive but still an interesting watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ckmNF4Rhk
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2023, 09:05:25 PM »
I've never given Slipknot a good listen over the years, chalking them up to a bunch of nu-metal angst.  But all of the talk about Jay's drumming has me checking out their albums and I'm kicking myself for not paying more attention to the band.  This is some really heavy shit.

I do have a fun story about these guys though.  I went to Ozzfest 1999 with some college/high school friends at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin.  We all had seats in the pavilion - as Slayer was coming up next, my friends ran off to the second stage to see Slipknot.  They were touring on their first album, which was blowing up that summer.  I looked at them and was like "what the hell?"  Slayer's coming up on the main stage and you want to see some weird, second stage band over thrash legends?  I didn't want to miss my chance to see one of my favorite bands for the first time ever and I wasn't leaving.  So they went off and I watched Slayer alone.

Several months later, I was watching MTV while back at college and they debuted the new video for Slipknot's Wait and Bleed.  I watched it and rolled my eyes....until I saw my friend's face in a crowd shot.  He was up-front on the rail at that Ozzfest show, and they had filmed at that show for the video.  Had I gone with them, I could have been in the video too.  But I don't regret my decision at all.   :)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2023, 08:50:47 PM »
Jay finally broke his silence on this. Said he is heartbroken and was blindsided. They were classy enough to do it over the phone, apparently. I also read that Slipknot have since deleted the posts announcing his firing. Nice.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2023, 02:02:19 AM »
Jay finally broke his silence on this. Said he is heartbroken and was blindsided. They were classy enough to do it over the phone, apparently. I also read that Slipknot have since deleted the posts announcing his firing. Nice.

So he did or did not understand Slipknot's decision to move forward without him?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2023, 04:57:58 AM »
So he did or did not understand Slipknot's decision to move forward without him?
Maybe Slipknot can't decide to move forward with or without him.  ::)

Even if that was made in "error" if I was Jay, I'd begin to have a backup plan in place.   :omg:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2023, 06:48:12 AM »
I don't follow or even like Slipknot, but I have found this change interesting, especially after watching DT go through the same thing.

I never knew that Jay Weinberg was Max Weinberg's son. That's cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol