Author Topic: Dream Theater in God of War III  (Read 101802 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: Dream Theater in God of War III
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »
Plasmastrike and especially kirbywelch, consider this a warning. It is against the rules to hint to where to find pirated material, and it always has been, so I don't know why either of you thought this would have changed.

1) It's 2010, man.
2) How is posting [where to find] a copy of a legal stream, against the rules? The shit is legally streamed.

That being said, won't happen again.
1) I fail to see what relevance the year has.
2) What do you mean by legal stream? Unless it has been uploaded by Roadrunner then it is not official.
He means we're just 2 years away from 2012. We need to share everything we have before the world ends :tard
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline briang

« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »
I can maybe see someone who has no exposure to djent liking Petrucci's down tuned riffs, but seriously all of those type of riffs are nothing new. The ones in this song aren't even all that creative.
Our job was to select someone to speak for everybody. And I just couldn't in good conscience vote for a person who doesn't believe in God. Someone who honestly thinks the other ninety five percent of us suffer from some form of mass delusion.
-Palmer, Contact

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
My bad Ariich, I knew you couldn't post the link and I certainly made sure not too, but I wasn't aware that you couldn't even say (things that shouldn't be said to a lack of proofreading lulz :facepalm:). I mainly did so out of the high demand to hear the song, but it won't happen again!

*EDIT*
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:04:54 AM by kirbywelch92 »

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2010, 10:55:58 AM »
Oh! I thought this was all about the AOL stream, lol.
gone

Offline briang

« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
My bad Ariich, I knew you couldn't post the link and I certainly made sure not too, but I wasn't aware that you couldn't even say[edited]. I mainly did so out of the high demand to hear the song, but it won't happen again!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Our job was to select someone to speak for everybody. And I just couldn't in good conscience vote for a person who doesn't believe in God. Someone who honestly thinks the other ninety five percent of us suffer from some form of mass delusion.
-Palmer, Contact

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #460 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
:lolpalm:
gone

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
I enjoy what I hear but I'm hoping the official release will sound a little better.  It's lacking some oomph.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
What I meant by 2010 is that everyone and their brother knows how to reap the benefits of *snip*. Also, what AOL did was illegal? Drop the word "official", was it illegal? If so, then I'm terribly mistaken, my bad.

THAT being said, my copy of the soundtrack should be here Tuesday. ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:12:23 AM by ariich »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
That was very interesting music Marty.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:46 AM »
What I meant by 2010 is that everyone and their brother knows how to reap the benefits of YouTube. Also, what AOL did was illegal? Drop the word "official", was it illegal? If so, then I'm terribly mistaken, my bad.

But that doesn't mean you have to mention it.  The way I look at it is this:  yeah, some of us actually listened to generic metal on AOL radio for hours just to get the chance to hear Raw Dog.  I realize some people are gonna find it "other places."  If people are stupid enough (or lazy enough) to ask HERE, where it's against the rules, where to find the song, then they really do deserve to get banned.   We shouldn't even need to mention that whatever song gets "leaked" at any time is probably tremendously easy to find on internet, because it's against the rules, because fans of a band shouldn't go parading around places to hear that bands music without paying for it, and because it's freakin' obvious.

Not trying to be a Jr. Mod.  Just thought I had something kinda illuminating to say about the rules for once.  :tup

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #465 on: February 28, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
What I meant by 2010 is that everyone and their brother knows how to reap the benefits of *snip*. Also, what AOL did was illegal? Drop the word "official", was it illegal? If so, then I'm terribly mistaken, my bad.

You didn't refer to the AOL stream (which is indeed legal), you mentioned another site which had the song illegally, and then you proceeded to mention it again. Whether it's easily known or not is irrelevant, it's against the rules of this site. Most people know how to download torrents, but we're not going to start allowing discussion of where to find pirated material using them are we?

Now seriously, cut it out.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #466 on: February 28, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
The reason for the fade out at the end:

"The following week the song was sent to out to Ted Jensen to master, before which we were informed of a slight change that needed to be made. Originally, me and John had filled the entire last couple minutes of the song with samples from the God of War game. It was VERY INTENSE and really added to the orchestration of the song's climax. Unfortunately, one of the soundtrack's 'powers that be' insisted we take them out because of fear of copyright issues with the actor's voices."

https://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=359656

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »
Yes. At the end, even if its Dream Theater's song, the last word will always be of those who make the game.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
I can maybe see someone who has no exposure to djent liking Petrucci's down tuned riffs, but seriously all of those type of riffs are nothing new. The ones in this song aren't even all that creative.

I think it's about time DT experimented with more djent than just the opening of The Mirror (especially considering JP's nephew is in THE up-and-coming djent band) The riffs are really cool, especially cause they catch you off-guard at first. Finally JP uses drop-A on his 7's!

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #469 on: February 28, 2010, 11:59:25 AM »

I think it's about time DT experimented with more djent than just the opening of The Mirror (especially considering JP's nephew is in THE up-and-coming djent band) The riffs are really cool, especially cause they catch you off-guard at first. Finally JP uses drop-A on his 7's!

JP uses drop-A on these walls.  But it's cool that he's using it more

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »

If I recall correctly, he actually used his baritone guitar for TW, not a regular down-tuned 7-string guitar.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline TL

« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2010, 12:12:59 PM »
The drums sound fantastic on this song. Just the right amount of attack and reverb on the snare and toms, and the kick drum is crystal clear.
This.
Especially on the drums, the actual quality of the sound is absolutely fantastic. The drums have real punch to them.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
The bass drum is kind of loud IMO. I had the same thought when I heard The Dark Eternal Night.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »
If I recall correctly, he actually used his baritone guitar for TW, not a regular down-tuned 7-string guitar.

Yeah, tri.ad's right. It was a Silhouette Bass strung up as a bartione guitar, tuned down a step.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »

wat

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

Yeah, tri.ad's right. It was a Silhouette Bass strung up as a bartione guitar, tuned down a step.
Ah i never knew that. Cool!

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »

wat

myspace.com/periphery

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »
i know who periphery is but one of them is JP's nephew?

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
Yeah, Jake Bowen.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »
Yeah, Jake Bowen.

last question, haha
how do you know that? this is very interesting

EDIT: found this
https://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48121
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:50:42 PM by chrisbDTM »

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
Yep, that's how I found out too! It would be awesome to see them on tour together!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »
 :lol their album comes out April, 20th.
gone

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2010, 01:29:26 PM »
But that doesn't mean you have to mention it.  The way I look at it is this:  yeah, some of us actually listened to generic metal on AOL radio for hours just to get the chance to hear Raw Dog.  I realize some people are gonna find it "other places."  If people are stupid enough (or lazy enough) to ask HERE, where it's against the rules, where to find the song, then they really do deserve to get banned.   We shouldn't even need to mention that whatever song gets "leaked" at any time is probably tremendously easy to find on internet, because it's against the rules, because fans of a band shouldn't go parading around places to hear that bands music without paying for it, and because it's freakin' obvious.

Not trying to be a Jr. Mod.  Just thought I had something kinda illuminating to say about the rules for once.  :tup

You didn't refer to the AOL stream (which is indeed legal), you mentioned another site which had the song illegally, and then you proceeded to mention it again. Whether it's easily known or not is irrelevant, it's against the rules of this site. Most people know how to download torrents, but we're not going to start allowing discussion of where to find pirated material using them are we?

Now seriously, cut it out.

Sorry :lol. You guys and your technicalities. Internet... crazy shit

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »
What can I say, technicalities are our bread and butter.

:biggrin:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »
I love that demotivational poster. :lol
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Yeah, it was my bad. I wasn't aware I couldn't do that.

This behind us.. I've blared RD in the car. It was good.. it was good..

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #486 on: February 28, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
RAW IS DOG

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #487 on: February 28, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »
DOG IS RAW
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
gone

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #488 on: February 28, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
METAL IS HAND

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #489 on: February 28, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »
SI, WAR GOD

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

:metal