Author Topic: The Diabetes Thread v. DIABEEETUS  (Read 784 times)

Online hunnus2000

Re: The Diabetes Thread v. DIABEEETUS
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2024, 06:39:45 PM »
That's unbelievable. Were you having symptoms at 13? How long do you think you were that high?
Are you not on the Monjaro? That's weird that only 15 pounds and a temporary dosage of Monjaro would take care of it.

I understand it's crazy - even to me!

I don't know if had symptoms but I was falling or almost falling down. I was enveloped in a kind of nearly passing out but not quite. Once I stopped, that went away.

Now I may have lost more weight on monjaro than I remember but I did lose the weight in the most ECRUCATING way ever! Monjaro made me angry, it made me have a strange "down low" moments and I had mood swings, but I lost the weight.

I knew that quitting Fireball would help me get back to normal and along with the medication, it did.

BTW people - take your vitamins seriously! I know a few people who have been out of whack with their minerals and have taken a trip to the emergecy room.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2024, 07:52:43 PM »
Beans are high in carbs.

I thought the fiber helped offset the effects of the carbs though. I might be wrong but I thought that was true.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2024, 07:54:13 PM »
BTW people - take your vitamins seriously! I know a few people who have been out of whack with their minerals and have taken a trip to the emergecy room.

I feel it when I don't take mine.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2024, 07:58:23 PM »
Thankfully, the thread topic has not been an issue for me.  That said, I have been very lazy and my diet has been awful for most of the past year, so I really should get back on track and be more disciplined to do my best to keep from ending up on the wrong side of that.

As for references to our good friend, I will just add:
:watchman:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2024, 09:55:19 AM »
Add me to the list of those who would kill for a 5.7 A1C.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2024, 10:22:16 AM »
Add me to the list of those who would kill for a 5.7 A1C.

At least your A1C won't spike from a good stogie...

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:49 AM »
At least your A1C won't spike from a good stogie...
No, but a high enough nicotine one can give a slight blood pressure drop, and a good cure for THAT is a small piece of dark chocolate, so it's a neverending cycle lol.

My burden is heavy.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2024, 12:23:07 PM »
Nothing wrong with a small piece of dark chocolate, even for a diabetic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2024, 12:47:50 PM »
Nothing wrong with a small piece of dark chocolate, even for a diabetic.
:tup

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2024, 02:30:32 PM »
A friend just sent me a picture of a papusa and chorizo benedict and I'll take the glucose hit for that one. Holy fuck.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2024, 06:26:31 PM »
My kid brother (5 years younger) unfortunately got hit with the juvenile variety and has been on 6 shots a day for the last 32 years. Missing his right leg and had the big toe cut off the other one last year. Regrettably has also been an opioid addict for a good chunk of that time so that’s probably how he copes if he’s still (probably) doing that behind our backs.

Father and grandfather had the milder type and I’m just very fortunate it skipped me. I empathize with all you guys who have to deal with it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2024, 06:45:23 PM »
My kid brother (5 years younger) unfortunately got hit with the juvenile variety and has been on 6 shots a day for the last 32 years. Missing his right leg and had the big toe cut off the other one last year. Regrettably has also been an opioid addict for a good chunk of that time so that’s probably how he copes if he’s still (probably) doing that behind our backs.

Oh man, that's awful.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol