General > General Music Discussion

Zero Hour Thread

<< < (2/7) > >>

Shadow Ninja 2.0:
It's funny, cuz compared to some of the stuff I listen to, Zero Hour doesn't seem that obscure. :lol  Perhaps it's just because I've known about them for a while.

Anyway, I'd recommend you check out The Towers Of Avarice, as it's their finest work, in my opinion. It does have to grow on you, though.

Prog Snob:

--- Quote from: Shadow Ninja 2.0 on November 02, 2013, 10:01:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Prog Snob on November 02, 2013, 09:58:39 PM ---The Towers of Avarice is a great CD.  I remember picking it up back when it first came out.  A friend of mine was selling it in his store and told me I'd probably like it, so he played a couple of tracks off it and I was sold.  Unfortunately I never checked out anything else by them.

--- End quote ---

Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond is also very good, although it has a different singer, who in my opinion isn't as incredible as Rosvold.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I'll give that one a listen.  These guys aren't still together I think.  Did they wind up in other bands?

Shadow Ninja 2.0:
The guitarist and bassist, Jasun and Troy Tipton, have started another band called Cynthesis with former Zero Hour singer Erik Rosvold. They've released two albums so far, DeEvolution and ReEvolution, which sound good from what I've heard, but I don't own either as of right now.

If I am recalling correctly, Zero Hour hasn't officially broken up, they're just on hiatus. I'm not sure the chance of them reuniting is very great at this point, though.

Buddyhunter1:

--- Quote from: Lucien on November 02, 2013, 10:16:17 PM ---Wow shadowninja. I go through youtube looking for obscure bands for the roulette and you up and make a thread about it  :lol

The song I sent (which I regret sending: The Falcon's Cry) was great when I first heard it, but I basically agree with what Buddyhunter said about it. Hope I can fix my points with the atmospheric round.

--- End quote ---

Protip: You'll do better in a roulette if you actually like what you're sending. :3

Shadow Ninja 2.0:
 :lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version