Author Topic: I'm looking for metal songs with GOOD female vocals. (Read inside for details)  (Read 10815 times)

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
You gave him all the wrong Diablo Swing Orchestra songs :facepalm:
Yeah.... no.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Yeah.... no.

*psst* the first album is much better.

Yeah.... no.

*psst* the first album is much better.
*psst* I disagree.
;)

Offline faemir

Ah yes, posting a 'funny' pic instead of making an argument.

Also liking one album over another =/= hating the other album.

Offline faemir

Well we both have our opinion on which album is better - we're not going to convince each other of anything different, so we're at an impasse - that's why I posted the picture. Gotta keep the postcount up, right? :neverusethis:

I mean, we can both agree that he should just get both albums and listen to both lots.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
I greatly prefer Sing Along Songs...just sayin'  :-*
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline faemir

Oh yeah? Well... the white ep is OVERRATED!

YEAH I SAID IT

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
I greatly prefer Sing Along Songs...just sayin'  :-*

Oh yeah? Well... the white ep is OVERRATED!

YEAH I SAID IT
why.jpg  :'(

It's not really "rated"....it's considered one of their weaker releases, but I still love it and am quite hurt by your comment  :azn: sort of. it was just a little experiment EP for the band, there are of course, many other bands that do neofolk a lot better

wow this is really getting de-railed  :lol
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

I mean, we can both agree that he should just get both albums and listen to both lots.
Yes. :D

I love the variety on the album and the interplay between the male and female vocals, though I didn't care for it much at first, it grew on me a lot.

I will say, IMO, that it's not as consistent as Butcher's Ballroom but the highs are higher... or something.

Do we need a DSO thread for this continued tangent-ing?

Offline faemir

Sure

Offline Lowdz

Within Temptation are my favourite of the Gothic Metal brigade, and Sharon Den adel is Hot Hot Hot.
i always thought Forsaken would have been even better if it had been done as a duet with a female vocal as the Vampire.

The Murder Of My Sweet are pretty good too, but those bands all tend to sound the same to me and they don't appear to fit the question in the OP.
Queensryche's Suite Sister Mary is in my top 10 songs of all time.
Avantasia has some supporting and lead female vocals which may fit the bill. the story is terrible though. If you don't mind a lot of cheese, what about Rhapsody (of Fire)? The guitarist is fantastic and ssome of the composing excvellent. Not for everyoone though, due to the cheese-factor.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Christendom by Paradise Lost features some female vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH9aSlBQzxo
(the song ends at about 4.30)
Whoa. This is what I"m talking about! The music is dark, gloomy, and haunting. And the female vocals perfectly represent that. Hell, they make it even darker and creepier! THIS is what I'm talking about!  :metal
That song was fucking epic though.
Nice to hear you liked it!  :) There are more female vocals on Paradise Lost's second album Gothic. You may like it too! The style of that album is death/doom so the male singer's (Nick Holmes) vocals are growling. The production is awful, though.

Offline Seventh Son

Whoa. This is what I"m talking about! The music is dark, gloomy, and haunting. And the female vocals perfectly represent that. Hell, they make it even darker and creepier! THIS is what I'm talking about!  :metal
Nice to hear you liked it!  :) There are more female vocals on Paradise Lost's second album Gothic. You may like it too! The style of that album is death/doom so the male singer's (Nick Holmes) vocals are growling. The production is awful, though.
Dude, I listen to black metal. One of my favorite bands of all time is Celtic Fucking Frost. Do you really think I care about bad production that much?  :lol
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
As DTVT suggested, definitely check into Therion.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Dude, I listen to black metal. One of my favorite bands of all time is Celtic Fucking Frost. Do you really think I care about bad production that much?  :lol
:lol