Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 439285 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8400 on: April 23, 2021, 07:06:50 AM »
Got my second shot yesterday. Pfizer.

Currently dying. Was lovely knowing all of you. Even Stadler.

Must of got the truth serum version then.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #8401 on: April 23, 2021, 07:19:04 AM »

This too will pass...  ;)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8402 on: April 23, 2021, 07:23:14 AM »

You'll be fine. Once the 5G kicks in, your body goes back to normal and you become a mobile hotspot.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8403 on: April 23, 2021, 07:25:08 AM »

Can I have your stuff?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8404 on: April 23, 2021, 07:44:36 AM »
I'm just glad I'm in there somewhere.  ;) :) :)

Seriously, I hope it passes soon.   The feeling bad, not you personally.   For me, the side effects were much lesser for the second shot (I never actually felt any pain in the arm; the first one, there was about four hours where I couldn't lift my arm), even if they lasted a bit longer (the first time it was about 24 hours and that's that; this time it was closer to 48, but it wasn't enough to impair me). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8405 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:55 AM »
Many places in Connecticut are now advertising walk-up vaccinations with no appointment. 

The mega site in AC where I got my shot was offering walk up shots too this week.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8406 on: April 23, 2021, 09:59:16 AM »

*pours beer on sidewalk for fallen homie*

Offline Lethean

« Reply #8407 on: April 23, 2021, 10:57:25 AM »

In other vaccine news, there's a bad trend happening where we vaccines given per day is trending down.  Even with all of the US open for anyone over 16 to get it now, people don't seem to be lining up like one might expect.  It seems the resistance is quite strong, maybe stronger than I had thought. 

I wonder if that could be because people are waiting for dose number two. There's a number of places I could walk into in CT now with no appointment and get a shot if I needed the first one. There's nothing more I can do until the 30th when enough time has gone by between doses. A big chunk of the population got their shots in the same 1-2 week window, and now we're all playing the waiting game.

About 50% of adults have already received dose one, so I don't think it's that. The number doesn't seem high enough to be just about waiting for shot 2.  An article I read earlier's guess was while a lot of people aren't "anti-vax" there's a significant that are still just waiting to see how things play out and the negative news with J&J last week likely added to people's hesitancy, and IMO some of the words Fauci says and the way he acts doesn't really encourage people to get the shot.  By that, I mean, he still doesn't do anything normal after being vaccinated and still says we should all mask up (which I agree, until a point).  If he would just go out to a restaurant and say "I feel safe" I think it would go a long way in convincing people to get a shot. 

But what if he doesn't feel safe?  They're still doing studies; they're still learning.  Maybe he should say, which I believe from what I've read is the truth, something like "the data shows the vaccines are very effective (90% etc), and that in most cases, those who did get covid after vaccination have much milder cases.  The immediate benefit of the vaccine is for your health and future.  Even if you are young and healthy, you have a chance of getting a bad case of covid or long covid.  We still don't know why some very healthy people become very sick or die, and we're still learning about long covid.  Getting the vaccine means you likely won't get covid at all, and if you do, you won't have to be hospitalized from it.   This is the first benefit - to yourself and your loved ones.  We're still learning about whether/how much vaccinated people can transit the virus.  We're still learning how long the vaccine protects you.  Everyone wants life to get back to normal, and the more people get vaccinated as soon as possible, the quicker that can happen.  It's not going to happen tomorrow - I know we're telling people to still take precautions after vaccination and you're tired of doing so.  But it will happen much sooner than if you don't get vaccinated.  Without the vaccine, we estimate it would take X years to get back to normal, if we ever do, and we'll continue losing loved ones.  At 50% vaccinated, we estimate X amount of time, and at 70%, we'll be ready to go.  Even though we're telling you to wear a mask today, a tomorrow without a mask will happen much quicker than without the vaccine."  Obviously I'm way oversimplifying, but a statement along those lines, that isn't too technical, could go a long way.  Some people will never be reached by anything someone like Fauci says, but if it's just a case of "well if I have to wear a mask anyway, what's the point" - that's where what he says could help.

I've been checking on getting an appointment and every place by me has nothing open.

I am ready and willing to get one, but not being able to get an appointment isn't keeping me up at night. It isn't going to change much of anything in the course of my daily routine. I still anticipate wearing a mask for the foreseeable future while at work, which doesn't bother me. And as my wife is wont to say, I am often to content to never leave the house if I don't have to. Getting a vaccine isn't going to suddenly inspire me to go somewhere I wouldn't otherwise go. I do wish more things were open for the kids, like the rec center and the pool (which just opened on a limited basis). We have started going to local parks now that the weather is nice, and they are troopers wearing their masks if other kids are around.

I think there are indeed a lot of walk up vaccination clinics now.  Maybe something like that is/will be available in your area and you can just go one day without having to schedule it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8408 on: April 23, 2021, 10:59:43 AM »

In other vaccine news, there's a bad trend happening where we vaccines given per day is trending down.  Even with all of the US open for anyone over 16 to get it now, people don't seem to be lining up like one might expect.  It seems the resistance is quite strong, maybe stronger than I had thought. 

I wonder if that could be because people are waiting for dose number two. There's a number of places I could walk into in CT now with no appointment and get a shot if I needed the first one. There's nothing more I can do until the 30th when enough time has gone by between doses. A big chunk of the population got their shots in the same 1-2 week window, and now we're all playing the waiting game.

About 50% of adults have already received dose one, so I don't think it's that. The number doesn't seem high enough to be just about waiting for shot 2.  An article I read earlier's guess was while a lot of people aren't "anti-vax" there's a significant that are still just waiting to see how things play out and the negative news with J&J last week likely added to people's hesitancy, and IMO some of the words Fauci says and the way he acts doesn't really encourage people to get the shot.  By that, I mean, he still doesn't do anything normal after being vaccinated and still says we should all mask up (which I agree, until a point).  If he would just go out to a restaurant and say "I feel safe" I think it would go a long way in convincing people to get a shot. 

But what if he doesn't feel safe?  They're still doing studies; they're still learning.  Maybe he should say, which I believe from what I've read is the truth, something like "the data shows the vaccines are very effective (90% etc), and that in most cases, those who did get covid after vaccination have much milder cases.  The immediate benefit of the vaccine is for your health and future.  Even if you are young and healthy, you have a chance of getting a bad case of covid or long covid.  We still don't know why some very healthy people become very sick or die, and we're still learning about long covid.  Getting the vaccine means you likely won't get covid at all, and if you do, you won't have to be hospitalized from it.   This is the first benefit - to yourself and your loved ones.  We're still learning about whether/how much vaccinated people can transit the virus.  We're still learning how long the vaccine protects you.  Everyone wants life to get back to normal, and the more people get vaccinated as soon as possible, the quicker that can happen.  It's not going to happen tomorrow - I know we're telling people to still take precautions after vaccination and you're tired of doing so.  But it will happen much sooner than if you don't get vaccinated.  Without the vaccine, we estimate it would take X years to get back to normal, if we ever do, and we'll continue losing loved ones.  At 50% vaccinated, we estimate X amount of time, and at 70%, we'll be ready to go.  Even though we're telling you to wear a mask today, a tomorrow without a mask will happen much quicker than without the vaccine."  Obviously I'm way oversimplifying, but a statement along those lines, that isn't too technical, could go a long way.  Some people will never be reached by anything someone like Fauci says, but if it's just a case of "well if I have to wear a mask anyway, what's the point" - that's where what he says could help.

I think what you'll get is a variation on my brother, which is essentially, "okay, that's fine.  I believe you, I believe the science, and I'll get my shot when we're a little further on the learning curve."   

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8409 on: April 23, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »
I've made it to the top of the waiting list.  Getting jabbed Sunday morning.  AZ, so I'm looking forward to feeling like shit all day.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8410 on: April 23, 2021, 12:35:48 PM »
I get second jab exactly two weeks from today.  I'm getting the version with the Core i7 CPU @ 3.6Ghz and bluetooth connectivity and gig-speed WiFi.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8411 on: April 23, 2021, 12:52:55 PM »
I get second jab exactly two weeks from today.  I'm getting the version with the Core i7 CPU @ 3.6Ghz and bluetooth connectivity and gig-speed WiFi.

Lol. Loser. You need at least 5.3Ghz and advanced retinal scan to be cool these days.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8412 on: April 23, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »
You guys laugh all you want but I've had a solid three bars since late Monday afternoon.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8413 on: April 23, 2021, 01:08:44 PM »
I'm like Bender, I've stolen many chips to confound "The" Man.

Stads, notice the "The."

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:57:05 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8414 on: April 23, 2021, 01:41:56 PM »
Thread crossovers, nice  :coolio :hat

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8415 on: April 23, 2021, 02:55:17 PM »
You guys laugh all you want but I've had a solid three bars since late Monday afternoon.   

If you have solid bars lasting more than 3 hours, consult your physician.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8416 on: April 23, 2021, 03:16:33 PM »
The CDC recommends J&J be back in use with a warning label and also says that pregnant women getting vaxxed is safe AND the anti-bodies will be passed to the child.  Some great news on the vaccine front today  :metal

Also some good news is the 7 day rolling average of daily cases has continually gone down this week in the US.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #8417 on: April 23, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »

If you have solid bars lasting more than 3 hours, consult your physician.

Hell, if I have solid bars lasting for 3 hours - I'm going into business!  :metal

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #8418 on: April 24, 2021, 10:37:56 AM »
Trudeau got the vaccine https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/status/1385982882775240706?s=21

Not always the biggest fan of our prime minister but I guess his streak of being the most fuckable head of state continues unchallenged.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #8419 on: April 24, 2021, 11:05:30 AM »
To all of you complaining about there being a 5G chip installed by the vaccine, just remember:

It could've been a Mac.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8420 on: April 24, 2021, 03:37:12 PM »
Dial up.  Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8421 on: April 24, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
Got the 2nd Pfizer shot today.  I now await feeling crummy later today and/or tomorrow. :lol :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #8422 on: April 24, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
Day 2. Still alive. Yesterday was very unpleasant. Today is better but still not great. All the pain is congregated in my upper arms/shoulders, upper back and neck. Hoping it gets better soon. Sleep isn’t easy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

« Reply #8423 on: April 24, 2021, 07:10:53 PM »
The side effect of the 2nd Pfizer shot really hit me like a bullet train the 2nd day, thank fully it was just a few hours but those few hours were rough.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8424 on: April 24, 2021, 07:38:07 PM »
Good to know.  It's been about 7 hours since I got the shot and I feel fine, but I am still bracing for the worst.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8425 on: April 24, 2021, 08:05:54 PM »
It took my 18 hours to get to the hard part. It felt like having the flu but I was good 2 days from my shot.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #8426 on: April 25, 2021, 04:55:28 AM »
I got Moderna and had a headache about 3-4 hours after getting shot #2. But to be honest, the worst I got on day 2 just felt like a weekend hangover.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #8427 on: April 25, 2021, 10:26:32 AM »
Day 2. Still alive. Yesterday was very unpleasant. Today is better but still not great. All the pain is congregated in my upper arms/shoulders, upper back and neck. Hoping it gets better soon. Sleep isn’t easy.

Hope it fades soon for you Adami. The symptoms you described were the first symptoms I experienced when I got Covid in December. It was a weird type of ache/pain.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

« Reply #8428 on: April 25, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
I think I’m just about all better now. My neck is really sore but that’s probably from really bad sleep over the last few days.

Sorry none of you get my stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8429 on: April 25, 2021, 05:46:24 PM »
Woke up today and felt okay except for a headache and was thinking maybe I was lucky. Nope. Since about noon, have felt like a train ran over me. Just gotta wait it out.  >:(

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8430 on: April 25, 2021, 06:17:01 PM »
Pfizer'ed up today. Tip of the cap to all the folks running that mass vac site. Very well run, everyone in good spirits.

Feels a little odd some of the reactions I get from others about getting the vaccine. People working on-site were congratulating me, family members were patting me on the back... I get I am doing my part, but I didn't win the lottery.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

« Reply #8431 on: April 25, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »
Pfizer'ed up today. Tip of the cap to all the folks running that mass vac site. Very well run, everyone in good spirits.

Feels a little odd some of the reactions I get from others about getting the vaccine. People working on-site were congratulating me, family members were patting me on the back... I get I am doing my part, but I didn't win the lottery.

I got mine at the Javitz Center in Manhattan. Had never been there before but that was the most well run operation I’ve seen. They’re doing I’m guessing thousands a day at minimum and are organized, courteous, and professional to an ungodly degree. Much much respect to them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8432 on: April 25, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »

Pretty much the opposite of my experience. I got it done at a Walgreens, and on the first round I figured the pharmacist who jabbed me was just tired or having a rough day cause I tried chatting up and she just grumbled and gracelessly slammed the needle into my arm. Upon finishing, they told me to wander around the store for 15 minutes before leaving.

On the second shot I realized that's just her winning personality, I swear half the reason my arm hurt for a week was the massive wind up she took before drilling for bone with that shit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8433 on: April 25, 2021, 08:03:55 PM »
Now you know what your dates feel like you hunk.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8434 on: April 25, 2021, 08:06:10 PM »
So he tells his dates to wander around for 15 minutes after? I tell my wife to wander around for 15 minutes before while I wait for the meds to kick in. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol